Peter Parker Field Trip Trope...

Від Harleys_Potato_Gun

I've become obsessed with this trope so now all of my idea shall be spit out here. Ships: Parley (Peter x Har... Більше

Disclaimer
Feild Trip (Parley)
The Fieldtrip of Doom
The Five Times Peters Blindness Surpised Someone and the One Time He Could See
#1 Ironman and Bruce
The Rogues (pt. 2 of blind peter)
Peters Class (pt. 3 with a bit of parley)
Its a Small World Pt 1
Its a Small World Pt 2
A/N and book advertising
Iron-lad Harley
The Fuck did you just call my Nephews?
Today is Not My Day
A quick A/N yall then Ill update tonight or tomorrw
Best. Day. Ever. Pt.1
Best. Day. Ever Pt.2
Best. Day. Ever. Pt.3 (Extra)
A Suprise Trip
I cried while writing this so lets cry togther
How Endgame Really Happened
Stress Baking
Head canon and i swear im working in an update.
Coffee Shop au Pt. 1
Coffee Shop au Pt. 2
A:N concering the discord and Request page
Another Discord One (i figured out how to make the link not expire)
*laughs Nervously* Hey guys
Stable Boy (Pt 1)
Stable Boy (Pt. 2)
Stable Boy (Pt. 3)
HOLY SHIT I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS
Im Going to Be Selfish....Just this Once
"Happy" Ending (^Pt. 2)
Baby Project
A quick Authors note
Think 'bout it Love, Why Arent We Dating?
Ha ha, hi.

This Didnt Turn Out So Bad After All

7.8K 232 541
Від Harleys_Potato_Gun

Y'all better appreciate how much I watered this down.

The original plot was that Harley slowly watched MJ and peter fall in love, get hanahaki then die but I figured I should lay off the Harley killing for a while

I cringe at Harley thinking he's straight not even gonna lie. When Harley ends up me a gun slingin' republican that's borderline homophobic with a buckle bunny gf I'm actually going to cry.

GUYS WRITING HARLEY AS AN OBLIVIOUS STRAIGHT MAN IS KILLING ME YOU BETTER APPRECIATE THAT THEIR BOTH LIVING IN THIS ONE I SWEAR TO GODS-,

Kinda based off the song heather but not really

Trigger warning: Homophobia and use of the f-slur (as I am a queer I feel entitled to use it) homophobic aunt May. (Also like Peter gets slapped)

Peter POV

~ Flash Back~

"That movie ending was so predicable," I shouted, laughing.

Harley and I walked to the theater to see some new movie. I didn't really care much about it, for me it was just about doing something that Harley enjoyed.

"Yeah, but still! The plot was good," Harley tried to argue.

I remember being captivated by the way those snowflakes rested in his hair, giving him a soft, white crown. He looked like a prince, regal and put together. The softness if his eyes contrasted the coldness of the snow, but they worked together, framing his face perfectly.

"No, it wasn't. That's what made the movie predictable," I laughed even harder. I never pegged Harley for liking cheesy movies, but life tends to surprise you sometimes.

"Oh come on," Harley pouted, "it was at least a little good, admit it."

"Hmmm, Nah," I shrugged.

"Ya just lack taste," Harley fired at me.

I was about to refute his point, but a violent shiver cut me off.

"Oh shit, if you where cold ya should have said somethin'. Here," Harley scolded me, but held out his sweater.

"Oh no, I'll be fine-,"

I was cut off from protesting by Harley literally putting it over my head.

"Ack- ok ok jeez, I'm wearing it," I surrendered, putting the hoodie on the rest of the way. "See, look it's all the way on, you happy?"

"Very," He said; smiling his signature smile.

I don't know if it was the coolness of the night, or the way the lights reflected around him perfectly, but all of a sudden the last piece of the puzzle clicked.

I didn't just see Harley as a friend. I wanted him in that way.

Which was terrifying.

I've known I've liked guys for a while, but it was more like 30% guys 70% women. This is my first time ever romanticlly into a guy.

Not only that, but this "guy" is Harley.

That made it even scarier.

"Are ya doin' alright? Ya seem out of it," Harley sounded concerned.

"U-uh, yeah, I just think I....might be getting sick! Yep, not feeling ok in the noggin," I inwardly cringed, but can you blame me for freaking out.

I don't know what to do with this new feeling, and what's worst is that we're alone.

He put a hand on my shoulder, stopping me in my tracks. I turned to ask him what was up, but I was met with his hand resting on my forehead.

His face was too close.

At that moment I felt like my heart was going to explode.

"Well ya definitely feel warm, let's hurry back,"

I can hardly remember the rest of that night, I was high off of realization.

But I remember Harley showing me back to my apartment. I started to take off the hoodie to offer it back.

"Keep it, it looks better on ya anyway,"

I nodded, then slammed the apartment door shut. Thank god May was working nights today, I really didn't want to explain this situation to her.

For a couple of weeks, life continued as usual. We laughed, messed around, and my affections grew a bit day by day.

But I should have know it wouldn't have lasted.

I noticed that Harley was acting weird, he was being unusually quiet.

The silence made me feel weird.

"Hey Harles, is something bothering you?" I asked, glancing at this lab station.

Harley's brow furrowed.

"So, ya know that girl that works at the front desk?" He asked, grabbing a screwdriver off of his desk and starting to poke at his project.

"Heather? Yeah I've seen her around, why?"

"She asked me out on a date," He said, not even looking up from his project.

The pang in my heart almost physically hurt, but I tried to stay neutral.

"What did you say?"

He set down his screw driver and looked at me.

"Well what should I say?"

'Say no say no say no-'

I had to bite my tongue, trying hard not to blurt out that he should just turn her down.

"I don't know, what do you want to say?" I asked. Trying really hard not to be biased.

Harley's happiness is the most important thing.

"Dunno, that's why I asked you," He shrugged, turning back to his project.

"You should do what makes you happy," Wow this stings like a bitch.

"Hmm," Harley hummed, "Maybe I'll say yes? She seems ok enough I guess."

I bit my tongue again, trying to ignore whatever sound was crawling up my throat.

"Well congrats man, looks like you have a date," I smiled.

But I couldn't help but notice that he looked...unsure.

But it's probably just me seeing what I want to see.

"Yeah, I guess it's just a date," I could hear a snapping noise then the clatter of his screw driver. "Ack-,"

I looked over and saw him holding his right hand with his left.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, that just shocked me a bit," He chuckled, shaking his hand.

~ Flash Back end~

I'm not having a good day today,

I missed my train, got detention for being late, failed my history test, and got made fun off by Brad, who somehow thought that making fun of me would make MJ get with him.

To top it all off, Harley's date is today.

Not even the fact that it's the Friday before winter break can make me feel better.

I slammed my head on my desk.

'Get it together, it was a small crush. You have no reason to be this upset about this,'

I honestly don't know what pissed me off more, the fact that I was so worked up about this, or the fact that a small part of me knew why I was so worked up.

I quickly shoved down whatever was trying to work it's way into my brain.

'Nope nope nope nope nope,'

I stood up, almost knocking my chair over in the process, and marched over to my closet. I pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie, Harley's hoodie to be more exact, and changed. Once I was done I grabbed my phone and flopped into bed, thankful that my light was already off so I wouldn't have to get back up.

I unlocked my phone, typing up a sad songs playlist on YouTube, I clicked the first one that popped up. Once I heard the soothing guitar, I tossed my phone to the side, wanting the lyrics to wash over me.

I still remember
Third of December
Me in your sweater
You said it looked better
On me, than it did you
Only if you knew
How much I liked you

I felt my eyes weld up a little bit. This music is kinda hitting close to home today.

But I watch your eyes, as she
Walks by
What a sight for
Sore eyes
Brighter than a
Blue sky
She's got you
Mesmerized
While I die

At least Harley doesn't ogle her, I don't know how well I'd be able to cope if he did that while I was around. I have to admit, the thought stings like a bitch.

Why would you ever kiss me?
I'm not even half, as pretty

That's a point, Heather is stunning, I heard she used to model.

You gave her your sweater

Would Harley give her his hoodie, like he did to me?

Of course he would, he a gentleman, besides he didn't even mean it like that when he let me have his.

It's just polyester, but you like her better
Wish I were Heather

I flew up, like, I almost achieved orbit with how fast I flung myself up.

I snatched my phone off the nightstand and looked at the song title.

Heather,
By: Coran Gray.

"Yup," I muttered to myself, nodding and laughing a little.

I felt a few tears leave my eyes but I quickly brush them away.

Getting over my shock, I skipped to the next song, silently cursing the universe for that sick joke it just pulled on me.

I don't remember how many songs I listened to after that, but when I spared a glance out the window it was dark out.

I was about to get up when I heard a knock on my door.

"Peter, can I come in?"

it was May, her voice was slightly muffled due to the door, but I could hear her fine.

"Yeah," I rasped out, sitting up.

I heard the door creak open, May stepped into the room, flicking the lights on.

"Woah, what's wrong? You look like you've been crying?" She asked leaning against the door frame.

"It was something like that," I let out a breathy laugh.

"It has to do with love doesn't it, what happened?"

"Oh, umm, the person I like has a date," I reached over and turned my phone on, "right now, actually,"

"Huh, I could've sworn MJ liked you back," She muttered with a furrowed brow.

"What?!" I asked, slightly taken aback, "no not MJ, besides, she's lesbian,"

"She's gay!? Are you sure!!?" She exclaimed, her eyes wide.

I instantly felt my anxiety spike.

"Yeah," I said carefully, moving to the end of the bed "she has a girlfriend,"

My heart sunk when May's surprised face morphed in one of horror.

"...I think it's best if you don't hang out with her anymore then," May said, finally composing herself.

"W-what? Why!?" I asked, blinking at her.

She's not serious right?

"Well she's a homo," May stared like it was obvious, "I just don't think we should be around queers-,"

"I'm bi!" I exclaimed, jumping to my feet.

Both of us paused.

I wanted to slap myself.

Of course I fucked up when I came out of all things.

May looked even more horrified than before.

"Y-you're what?" She asked again, as if she didn't hear me.

"I'm bisexual," I stated again, trembling. Pretending I didn't say it now wouldn't fix the issue.

"God damnit!!" May yelled, then drew in a breath. "I promised Ben I wouldn't raise a faggot,"

"May what the fu-ck!!?" I couldn't even be upset at the crack in my voice.

"It's exactly as I said, I promised I wouldn't raise a damned queer!" May snapped.

"Are you even listening to yourself?!" I exclaimed in disbelief, "How could Ben make you promise that!? How could you let him!? The hell is wrong with you-,"

I felt it before I heard it.

I felt the back of her hand collide with my cheek, the force made my head turn slightly. I felt the sting, and then the hurt of where her wedding ring hit as an afterthought.

The sound followed right after, the harsh slapping noise that echoed for what felt like hours.

Both of us just stood there, frozen in shock, staring at each other.

I felt something wet travel down my cheek. Without breaking eye contact, I brought a trembling hand up, brushing my fingers where I felt the liquid. When I pulled them away they where red.

There was blood.

May was the first to recover. She reached a hand out towards me. I flinched violently, pulling myself away from her hand on pure instinct.

She sighed and retracted her hand.

"You have thirty minutes," she said, turning to leave.

"W-wha-t?" I asked, scared to speak.

"You have thirty minutes to pack your shit then be out, I need to go for a liquor run,"

With that she slammed my door closed.

I couldn't move,

I couldn't breath,

I can't even feel the stinging in my cheek.

All I feel is hurt.

For three years, it's just been us against the world. We handled everything together. The evection scares, the shitty pumping system, even that one creepy stalker that May had for a while.

She giving that all up because I'm in love with a guy?

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and tried to focus.

'Get out, then break down,'

I stumbled to my closest and pulled out my openly duffel bag. I sloppily folded and fit most of my clothes. The I scurried around my room, trying to look for anything else I needed.

'Out now panic later, Out now panic later-,"

Once I got everything I did one final sweep of the room.

My eyes landed on my desk next to me, where a framed picture of me, May and Ben sat.

The pain I felt looking at it might have been the worst of my life.

I placed my hand behind it, then smashed it forward, facedown into my desk. I could hear the glass shatter, and I felt the frame break due to the force.

I blinked away my tears to look around.

I was about to head out of my room to leave, when I heard the front door of the apartment open.

I panicked, ran over and threw my window open. Throwing my bag out, I stepped over the sill, grabbing the duffel bag and jumping over the guard rail.

I fell from the second floor, yet somehow, I managed to land it flawlessly.

Then I ran. I don't even know how long I ran for. The weight of the bags I was carrying felt like nothing. The wind stung my face, causing my new bruise to swell. Every car that drove my sent a spike of panic through me, making me run faster.

When I eventually stopped, I had no idea where I was.

The street was deserted, not a car or person in sight.

By then I was choking on my breath, the cold air stinging my throat as I tried to inhale.

I threw off my backpack and dropped my duffel bag.

I tried so hard to think rationally about what I should do. I knew that MJ's parents where out of town for the week, she invited me over to stay a few nights if I wanted too. I had originally turned her down, but she might be my saving grace right now.

The gravity of my situation sunk in once again.

I'm homeless.

May kicked me out.

Oh my god.

I couldn't stop the sobs this time, I stumbled back against the brick wall. I covered my mouth with my hands, trying to muffle the sound of my sobbing. I slid down the wall, tears where overflowing, everything was blurry. I felt my salty tears fall against my cut cheek and I let out a small sob at how badly it hurt, at how badly all of this hurt.

'I need to call someone,'

I fished my phone out of my hoodie pocket. Through my misty vision, I managed to find my favorites.

Ned?

No he's out on vacation.

MJ?

She can't drive legally, and I know she'd do something illegal if she found out what just happened.

Har-

I didn't even bother to read that one, there's no way in actual hell I could face him right now.

So that just left Mr. Stark.

'God, I already impose on him so much,'

I took a few deep breaths, trying to get my sobbing to a minimum, then pressed the call button.

He picked up on the fourth or fifth ring.

"Hello?"

I felt a lump form in my throat. My thoughts ran ramped. Maybe I'm just bothering him right now, he's probably busy but I really need help. I can come to him for things like his....right?

"Peter? You there?" Mr. Stark asked again.

"Y-yeah I-uh," I tried my best to swallow down my anxiety.

"Kiddo is everything ok? You sound like you've been crying,"

Something about his tone, I can't quite describe what it was, but it had the water works flowing again

"N-not re-ally-,"I said, trying and failing to hide the fact that I was in hysterics.

"Whats wrong? What happened?" He sounded worried, which normally would have made me feel bad, but right now it was slightly comforting.

"A-are you-u b-busy? Um, I wa-s kinda h-hoping f-for a ride?"

"It's nothing that can't wait. Where are you? Is May home?"

At the mention of May, I felt a stab of hurt.

"I-I don't kn-know," I whipped my eyes with the sleeve of my sweater.

"I'm heading down to the car now, I'm gonna check your location quick, alright?"

I nodded, not trusting myself to speak, but I mentally facepalmed.

Luckily he seemed to the the message fine.

"....well, your about ten minutes away. But it looks like Harley's a few blocks away if you want me to-,"

"NO!!! I-I just can't- I can't face him right now please," I said the last part quietly, ashamed of myself for the outburst.

"Alright," I could tell by his voice that he knew something was up, "listen, I'm in the car and I need to nav, will you be ok if I hang up?"

I took a brief moment to self assess. I've calmed down for the most part, I mean I'm still crying and my face is slightly swollen, but I'm not as hysterical anymore.

"Yeah, I'll be fine,"

"Call if something happens,"

"I will,"

That must have satisfied him, because I heard the call end.

I sighed, noticing my breath condense in-front of me.

Jesus fucking Christ, I can not catch a break.

I turned my phone back and shot MJ a quick text.

Me: So like, can I crash at your place for  a few days or did you make plans?

I really hope she says it's fine, otherwise I won't have anywhere else to go.

And I just kinda sat there.

I didn't really know what to do, I had managed to stop crying finally. I looked around, I was sitting a few feet away from a street lamp. Other than that this street was totally empty, not cars no people, nothing. I'm not super surprised because this place looked really sketchy.

I gingerly brought a hand up to my cheek, wincing at the slight pressure. It felt swollen, then there was the cut that her ring left. It didn't hurt much, but I could feel it throbbing. The fact that it was cold was also helping I think.

After that I zoned out, trying not to think about anything that just happened. Anything I think of could be a trigger and I need to be calm.

The glare of headlight caught my attention. I felt myself start to panic, then I recognized the car.

It was Mr. Starks.

I pushed myself to my feet as the car came to a holt right in front of me.

I heard a car door open, then shut.

"Peter?"

"Hey Mr. Stark," I called out.

My voice was raspy, probably from all the crying.

He stepped onto the sidewalk, when his eyes fell on me they widened.

"Holy shit kid! What happened!?" He asked, jogging up to me.

I felt a lump form in my throat.

"......May kicked me out," I felt my eyes start to water again.

"What!?" He shouted in surprise. His eyes fell on my cheek.

"Pete," he sounded like he was trying his best not to get mad, "why is your cheek bruised,"

I looked down, not able to find my voice. I bit my lip, trying to stop my trembling jaw and the tears welding back up in my eyes.

Next thing I knew, I was enveloped in a hug. I let out a shakey breath, blinking the tears out of my eyes.

We stood there for a minute.

"Let's get in the car kid, it's cold out," Mr. Stark said, breaking the silence.

I nodded, the two of us walked to the car, I threw my stuff in the back then got in the passenger seat.

As soon as Mr. Stark got in he turned the heater on. I felt myself shudder, I didn't realize how cold I was.

"So, do you want to talk about it?"

I thought about that.

The answer is yes, I absolutely want to talk about it, but what if he reacts like May did.

But Mr. Stark is cool, he always makes sure to use the proper names and pronouns for his employees, and he also has a company wide LGBT rule that prohibits homophobia.

'But what if that's just to draw business,'

I quickly shoved that thought aside.

Mr. Stark isn't like that.

"Do you...." I paused for a minute, trying to craft my words carefully, "Are you chill with the gays and stuff?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He asked, sounding confused.

"....I came out to May," my voice wavered slightly as I spoke.

Mr. Stark looked at me in surprise.

"I-I'm bi," I concluded, offering him a weak smile.

"She....she really kick you out because you're bi?" Mr. Starks voice shook with anger.

I nodded.

"She said I shouldn't hang around MJ anymore because she found out she's lesbian, I got frustrated and blurred out that I was bi. She went on about how she promised Ben she wouldn't raise a f-fag."

I felt tears start to roll down my face again.

"I-I asked her how she could make that p-promise, how she could let Ben make her promise that t-then she...."

I took a deep breath, then let it out shakily.

"S-she slapped me, said I had thirty minutes to get out a-and now we're here,"

Mr. Stark looked like he was deep in thought.

"You know that there's nothing wrong with your sexuality right?"

"Yeah, I know, it's just May being ignorant or old fashioned or whatever," I sniffed.

"And I'm really proud of you for coming out. I'm glad that you felt comfortable enough with me to do that, especially after what just happened,"

The sincerity in his voice caught me off guard.

"O-oh, well, Umm, thank you," I said, cringing at my awkwardness.

"No problem kid," he said, putting the car into drive and pulling back onto the road. "What do you say we get some coffee, there's a shop a few minutes away but I think Harley's there right now,"

"If I see Harley right now I might actually burst into tears again," I laughed at how not funny that was.

"Did you two get into a fight?"

"No, nothing like that, he's just on a date right now,"

"Oh, is he out with the person you like or something?" Mr. Stark asked, clearly confused.

"More like he is the person I like,"

Mr. Starks eyes widened as he hit the breaks.

"Seriously?! When did that happen?!"

"I have no clue, but I recognized it like a week or so ago,"

"Jesus Christ, Starbucks it is," he muttered, driving again, "Today is just not your day kid,"

"Tell me about it," I laughed again.

"What was the best part of your day?"

"Hmm, I got detention,"

"Holy fuck, seriously?"

"Yeah. Pretty crappy,"

I heard my phone ping, looking down I saw that MJ had responded to me.

MJ: of course Nerd, my door is always open to you

What day are you getting here and how long do you want to stay?

I let out a breath of relief then text her back.

Me: Umm....today? if that's alright, and I just need a place to stay while I figure out what to do about my current situation.

Mj is typing........

MJ: of course but what the hell happened? Are you alright?

Me: Yeah, the shortest version is a came out to May and it didn't go well

I'm with Mr. Stark rn so you don't need to worry.

MJ: oh no I'm so sorry

You can stay here as long as you need, like you know my parents are out of town but the wouldn't mind if you stayed with us for a while.

Me: no I just need time to figure it out, but thank you for the offer.

I'll text you when I get to your place :)

"Hey Mr. Stark, can you give me a lift to MJ's? She said I could stay there for a few days,"

"Of course," he said pulling into the Starbucks drive thru, "one sec."

He leaned out the window and quickly ordered two large hot chocolate's and two brownies. They gave him the total and he pulled around to the window, surprisingly, no one was here. They quickly handed Mr. Stark what he ordered, almost refusing to let him pay.

He pulled out of the drive thru and pulled into a parking spot.

"So," he picked up one of the brownies and tossed it at me, "how long will you be staying with MJ?"

"I don't know, maybe a week?" I guessed.

"Perfect, that should give me plenty of time," mr. Stark mused.

"Plenty of time for what?" I asked, taking a sip of my hot coco

"To fill out the adoption papers, obviously,"

I choked on my drink.

"M-Mr. Stark?"

"Unless you don't want me to," He said with a furrowed brow.

"N-no I-it's not like that I swear," I reassured, "I just- are you sure I wouldn't just be a burden to everyone?"

"Kid, everyone is going to be ecstatic that your moving into the tower. Natasha will probably take you shopping for clothes because she's always complaining about how ratty your clothes are. Clint will buy a bunch prank supplies. Steve and Bucky will probably bake cookies. And Harley will go of on a tangent about how it's 'about time,'. Not to mention Wanda will be happy that her unofficial little brother is moving in. The point is that you aren't going to be a burden, everyone's gonna be ecstatic, you're our family Pete. You couldn't ever be a burden to us,"

I felt my chest grow warm, and tears fill my eyes again.

But this time they where tears of joy.

"Thank you Mr. Stark,"

Maybe this won't be so bad.

~

And it wasn't.

I stayed with MJ for a week, like I originally planned. Mr. Stark would call or text to check up on me and let me know how the adoption process was going.

Harley somehow found out what happened and personally came over to make sure I was alright. Although it kinda stung at first, we slipped into our normal routine. It was refreshing.

Then I moved into the tower and it was just as Mr. Stark said.

Auntie Nat, as she made me start calling her, took me shopping for all sorts of things. She even let me buy a sword and promised to show me how to use it. Clint, they all said I had to use first names now, let me go buy pranking stuff with him. Steve and Bucky made a huge dinner to celebrate my moving into the tower.

Harley was the most exciting though.

When I asked him why he just shrugged, saying 'dunno, just am,' then helping me with whatever moving in project I was working on at the time. He helped me paint and design my room, spending Mr. Starks money with no shame despite my protests.

By the end of Christmas break, everything had returned to semi normal, except now I was living in Stark Towers.

The only thing that kind of sucked was that Heather girl who would constantly hang around Harley, but hey, if Harley's happy, then so am I.

Harley POV

I'm so freaking annoyed.

I went on one date with this girl and now she won't leave me alone.

She's even telling people that we're dating.

Since when is going on one date make you a couple?

Currently, we're in the elevator going up. I don't know why she tagged along but she said she wanted to 'see me off'

What does that even mean?

I was broken out of my thought when she suddenly brushed my hand with hers.

'Nope, gross,'

I quickly moved my hand away, clearly showing my disinterest.

She huffed.

"Why won't you hold my hand?" She asked bluntly.

"Because I don't like people touching me," I half lied.

I don't really care if people touch me, I just don't like her touching me.

"But you let Peter cling to you all the time," she pouted.

"That's because it's Peter, he's different," I stated, confused as to how she could even think about comparing herself to him.

"Lend me your hoodie then," she demanded.

"No, I like this hoodie,"

"You literally gave Peter you favorite one last week,"

"Yeah, that 'cause it's Peter." I said, looking at her in confusion.

What part of this is she not getting?

She scoffed.

"It's always 'Peter this,' and 'peter that' with you. What? Do have a crush on him or something?"

My brain took a second to process that.

Oh
.
.
.
Oh.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Shit.

The elevator door opened.

Heather smiled.

"It's ok, we'll get through this,"

I scrunched up my nose in disgust.

She stepped towards me and tried to kiss my cheek, but I dodged and quickly walked out of the elevator.

I sighed, walking into the lab. I made my way over to the couch and plopped down.

I was going to actually do work, but now my thoughts are racing at a trillion miles per hour.

Did I like Peter in that way? I don't know, I mean I think he's attractive I guess, but that doesn't mean I want him like that right? Besides, it's impossible to not think Peters good looking. Plus I am super clingy with him but that's just because he's my friend, but I wasn't like this with my friends back from Rose Hill.

Peters just my best friend.

Well, kinda, my two best friends are back in Rose Hill, but Pete fit into a different category.

Shit this is confusing.

"Harley?"

Peter broke my out of my thoughts. He was leaning over the back of the couch staring down at me. He had worry written on his face.

BA-DUM

I sat up so fast I almost hit Peter.

'The fuck do you mean ba-dum, body what the shit,'

"Harley, are you alright? You've been laying there for the past ten minutes," Peter said, concern lacing his voice.

"I need a nap," I decided, standing up and walking back to the elevator.

"O-k then, I'll see ya later," Pete smiled brightly at me.

My heart skipped a beat.

Maybe I do really like Peter.

MJ POV (takes place about a week after^)

It's been about three weeks since Peters moved into the tower and I finally have time to visit.

I walked into the tower, pretty unimpressed to be honest. I don't really see what all the hype is about, it's just a tall building.

I saw only one person working the front desk. She looked about my age, maybe a year older. She was drop dead beautiful, yet so thing about her put me off.

When she finally saw me, she put on a fake smile.

"You must be MJ? I'll ring down Peter and Harley," She said, typing at her keyboard.

"Why would you call down Harley?" I spoke in my usual bored tone.

"Oh," she looked up at me and giggle slightly, "Harley and I are dating,"

I quirked a brow, last time I checked, Harley wasn't dating anyone.

And I checked yesterday.

"Heather we aren't dating," an annoyed Harley walked into the lobby, with Peter trailing behind him, "we went on one date like a month ago,"

"Harley, baby one second!" This Heater chick exclaimed, jumping out of her chair and running disappearing behind a wall.

I almost laughed at Harley's face. He looked like he wanted to throw himself off of the roof. I quickly snapped a picture, making a mental note to draw it in later.

"Baaabbyyyyyy," the squeaky voice of Heather rang out as she reappeared, wrapping her arms around Haley in a hug.

"Heather, the two of you aren't dating, and He's made it very clear that he's uncomfortable with you doing that, you should respect his wishes." Peter said, rather politely given his massive crush oh Harley.

"Always the diplomat," I snorted.

He shot a glare at me, but there was no malice behind it.

Heather, on the other hand, glared at Peter like she wanted him to drop dead. The amount of hatred behind her glare put me on edge.

"You can't tell me what to do with my boyfriend just because your hopelessly in love with him." She spat, her voice filled with venom.

I doubt the other two noticed it because they both froze in place. Peter, because this little bitch had the never to out him, and Harley, because if I had to guess, he's already recognized his feeling for the Nerd.

I looked back to Peter, and saw that he was trembling.

That pissed me off further.

"I-" He acted like a dear caught in headlights, looking at Harley, "I'm sorry,"

With that he ran back into the tower.

"Pete!" Harley yelled after him, pushing the clingy girl off of him.

He looked conflicted, face flicking from worry to anger as he looked at Heather. He settled for giving her a what-the-fuck look before running in after Peter.

'Aww, that's so cute it's sickening,'

"Ugh, damnit!!" Heather exclaimed, crossing her arms.

"You knew, didn't you?" Her head snapped to me, "You knew they liked each other from the start,".

"Of course I did, they're all over each other," she scoffed.

"Then why all this?" I asked.

"Because I've been trying to get Harley to notice me ever since he started working here," She seethed digging her fake nails into her arm, "For a year. Then that asshole shows up and all of a sudden Harley is fawning over him like he's some precious treasure that needs to be protected. What does he have that I don't! So, I decided to act before Harley discovered his feelings, but I guess I was too late. It's a shame really, I would have like to watch that worm suffer."

"And by worm I'm guessing you mean Peter?"

"Of course I mean him! That little brat took away everything I worked so hard for! I don't get it, I'm hot, I'm smart, I'm a fucking model and yet Harley wants that little rat over me! I swear once I get out of here I'm gonna find every ounce of dirt I can on him,"

I nodded, cracking my knuckles.

"Hey, how much money do you think reconstructive surgery cost?"

She looked at me, confused.

"I don't know, why?"

I smiled sweetly as I walked up to her, fist clenched tightly at my side.

"Because your gonna need it when I'm done with you,"

~ Harley POV ~

"Peter!" I exclaimed, knocking at his bedroom door. "Pete are you in there?

"No!" He yelled back.

If this was a different situation I would have laughed at that.

"Pete, we need to talk!"

"We really don't-,"

"Peter, please. We need to talk," I insisted.

It was silent for a minute.

"You can come in," he finally relented.

I opened his door and stepped into the familiar room. I let myself smile briefly at the memories I had of decorating this place. My eyes fell upon Peter, who had one of his many blankets wrapped around him. He was facing the windows, meaning his back was to me.

I walked around the bed and sat down, not too close, but also not super far away from Pete.

We sat in silence for a while, neither of use sure what to say or do.

"So. Was what she said true? Do you really like me like that?" I asked gently.

Peter nodded.

That made my heart skip a beat

I opened my mouth to say something, but Peter spoke before I got the chance.

"L-look I swear I'm trying to get over it a-and I-I haven't- I don't want you to stop being my friend or-,"

"Peter," I cut him off, "I'm not gonna stop being your friend. You see.....well...fuck this is harder than I thought I was gonna be,"

"What?" Peter questioned, still looking upset, but now a sliver of curiosity shown in his eyes.

"I- I haven't said it out loud yet, and once I do it'll become a lot more real,"

"You don't have to tell me," He assured.

"No, it's just that....."

'Ya know what? Fuck it,'

"I think I like you,"

"Stop," Peter said, looking away from me, "don't say thing you don't mean."

That made me irritated, since when do I say things I don't mean? I know it's just Peter trying to protect himself from what he thinks is rejection, but still.

Then I got an idea.

"Lemme kiss you,"

Peters head shot up.

"W-what? Why?!"

"Because, then I can prove that I'm serious, and we can both be spared from that little 'your just mixing up your feeling' speech you're writin' in ya head,"

"B-b-but...." he spluttered, trailing off as he tried to gather his thoughts.

"I won't make ya do anythin' you don't want to," I assured him.

Peter seemed to consider, chewing on his bottom lip.

'I want to do that,'

'Shut up,'

"You really want to?"

"That is why I asked,"

"...ok then," he mumbled softly.

"Wait, really?" I asked, partly in shock.

"Yeah,"

"So I can kiss you,"

"Isn't that what I just said?"

I chuckled, happy that some of Peters sass was coming back to lighten the mood.

"Sorry," I put my hands up in surrender, "I just wanted to make sure,"

I gingerly brought a hand up to his face, brushing some of his fluffy brown locks to the side. Then I brought my hand down, placing it on his cheek as I ran a thumb over his cheek bone, mostly to calm myself, but I felt him slightly lean into the gesture.

I was almost unsure of what to do. Yeah, I've kissed girls but I never really liked or wanted to partake in those. This one is different, I suddenly discovered how much I really wanted to kiss Peter, so much so that I wondered why I hadn't thought of it early.

I slowly leaned in, pressing my lips against Peters.

Oh wow.

Yep, I definitely like him.

This was very enjoyable.

I could feel Peter shaking slightly, for some reason that really bothered me, so I pressed my lips against his just a bit harder. Then I pulled back, not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

Peters face was flushed pink. I couldn't help but laugh a little at how cute he looked.

"I liked that," I said after a minute.

"That makes two of us," Peter laughed nervously.

"Wanna do it again?" I asked, testing my luck.

Peters face flushed a bit darker.

"I would like that,"

This time I met Peter half way.

This kiss was a lot more...energetic than that last one.

Peter wrapped his arms around my neck, sliding his hands into my hair, which felt much better than it should have. So in turn, I placed my hands in his waist and pulled him closer to me.

I wanted to test the waters a bit further.

I ran my tongue along his bottom lip. He seemed to understand, and he parted his lips. Never one to let an opportunity go to waste, I slid my tongue into his mouth.

At this point we where making out, and we stayed that way for what felt like hours. Unfortunately, we where interrupted by a knock on Pete's door.

(Do you just ever stop and think 'what the actual fuck am I doing?' It's 2am and I'm writing a kissing scene between two guys I can't even deal with myself right now-,)

We separated instantly.

"Peter?" Natasha voice rang out.

"Uh yeah!" He called back.

The door opened and she peaked her head in, only to raise an eyebrow.

"Am I interrupting something?"

Peter and I looked at each other's obviously disheveled appearance.

"Yeah, kinda," I answered, not seeing any reason to hide it.

Natasha grinned in amusement.

"Oh well, plenty of time later. MJ just beat the shit out of someone, wanna come see?"

"What!?" Peter exclaimed, "oh my gosh, I totally forgot she was down there!"

"Uh, yeah I wanna see," I said, getting up, then extending my hand to Peter.

He took it, and we walked out of the room.

~ Peter POV sorry I'm getting lazy this is almost 7,000 words so cut me some slack ~

"Holy shit,"

Those where the first words that came out of my mouth when we arrived back in the lobby. There where about three security team members there, two where standing by MJ as she sat in a chair and read her book like nothing happened.

The other one was talking to a very beat up Heather.

Both her eyes where bruised, one to the point that it was swollen shut. Her nose was bleeding and bent at an odd angle, and her lip was cut and also swollen.

The second the latter saw us walk in, she rushed towards us, well more specifically, Harley.

"Baby," she cried, trying to fling herself at Harley, "can you believe that Peters friend did this to me! He asked her to I'm sure of it! Don't trust what they say! Their just lying to break us apart!"

I internally groaned.

"Don't you even-," MJ started.

"MJ, Don't say anything, your already in a tight spot," I reminded her.

"Cool it nerd I wasn't going to," she rolled her eyes then went back to her book.

I looked at Harley, who look at Heather, then MJ.

"Cool," he said turning back to me, "we saw what we came here for, wanna go watch Star Wars?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed, lighting up instantly.

"MJ, will ya be alright?" Harley yelled over to her.

"Yeah yeah go make out or whatever," she waved us off, not even glancing up from her book.

"Wonderful, lets go Pete,"

"Now wait just a minute!" Heather shrieked, stopping her foot, "You aren't even going to check up on me? I'm the one who got beaten up! I even have a broken nose!"

"Yeah, but since it was MJ you most definitely deserved it," Harley said bluntly.

I couldn't help but snort at Heathers horrified expression.

"But you're my boyfriend! Your supposed to defend me!!" She squawked.

What I did next was most likely uncalled for and probably overstepped some form of boundary.

I was just so...jealous? Annoyed? Either way I was so done with this girl clinging to Harley like that.

In one swift motion, I grabbed the collar of Harley's shirt and pulled him in to a kiss. He was obviously surprised at first, but returned it almost instantly.

'I could get really use to this,'

I heard someone clear their throat, we broke apart and turned in the direction of the voice.

"So, when did this happen?" An amused Mr.Stark asked.

"Like ten minutes ago, you haven't missed much," MJ pipped up.

"Good to know," Mr. Stark then cleared his throat, "so, uh, what happened here?"

"I beat the shit out of that girl," MJ pointed at heather who looked like she was trying to hit on the security team.

"I got that much, but why?"

MJ's gaze darkened.

"She insulted and threatened Peter,"

That caught everyone's attention.

"M-Mr. Stark sir," Heather stuttered, stepping forward, "t-that's not-,"

Mr. Stark raised a hand to silence her.

"You are aware, that I have the video surveillance everywhere. I wouldn't recommend lying to me,"

She looked terrified, if I was her I would be too.

"So, if you leave now, and drop any charges you where thinking of bringing against Mrs. Jones. I can find it within myself to forgive your little outburst earlier. Otherwise, you'll be hearing from my lawyers,"

Damn, I forgot how hardcore Mr. Stark could be some times. Having his legal team sent on you is in no way a threat you want to be on the receiving end of.

Heather seemed to understand that much.

She looked around, stamped her foot, then March right out of the tower, muttering curses the whole way.

"...."

"Well," MJ said, standing up and snapping her book shut, "now that that's taken care of, I think I'll go home,"

"Are you not visiting now?" I asked.

I'm not going to lie, my anxiety spiked just a little bit. What if she doesn't want to come here anymore because of what just happened? But that quickly melted away when she gave me a sly smile.

"Nah, I think I should give the two of you, some alone time. I'll come visit another time and bring the loser with me,"

"Thanks MJ," I gave her a bright smile.

"No problem nerd. And Harley, don't defile the child too quickly,"

My face flared red

"MJ!!!"

"That depends on what context you mean it in,"  Harley said, not showing any form of shame.

"I mean like sex," MJ deadpanned.

My face was currently trying to beat its previous redness record.

Harley just shrugged with a smirk.

"Oh my god," I buried my face in my hands, hoping that it would transport me out of this conversation.

"If you two have sex in this tower I'll ship you back to Rose Hill,"

After that the conversation dissolved into an argument that I chose not to pay attention to, for fear of further embarrassment.

But despite what was going on around me, I felt myself smile.

'This didn't turn out so bad after all,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This can't even be counted as angst lol.

Sorry for the absolutely horror show that is this chapter I got a bit lazy towards the end and wanted to give y'all some content.

I should be updating sooner than a month thou :)

As always sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes I'm very clearly not a professional writer.

This is 7.8k words and my longest chapter yet so I hope you enjoyed :)

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

2K 41 7
Hello guys gals and non-binary palls! (This quote is from Thomas Sanders.) Welcome to BOOK II of the spiderson Irondad stories hope you guys enjoy...
586K 19.1K 36
Peter never grew up with Uncle Ben and Aunt May. He grew up with HYDRA, trained and brainwashed to be even better then the Winter Soldier. He spends...
165K 5.8K 52
Natasha had never intended on acquiring a teenage mutate when Fury had given her the side mission. It had just, happened. The woman also wasn't on...
116K 3.8K 20
Y/n Maximoff hasn't had the best life, but she likes to stay optimistic. She leads two lives, and her favourite one is as Y/n Maximoff, student at Mi...