To Defeat A God

By Clappyu

------------ "You need more than that to defeat a God." Percy scoffed. "Oh really?" Tony smirked, as he cro... More

Intro and Things You need to know.
1. The Start of Everything I Guess
2. A Certain Library Break and a Terrorist Kid.
3. A Game of Tag that went a little Wild
4. Yup we got him
5. A Truthful Interrogation
6. Persassy wants to go Kronos on Pirate Dude
8. Having a very Important Conversation with water
9. You? Our Guardian? Yeah Right
10. What's better, Blue or Beige?
11. Hecate is a Fan of Harry Potter
12. It's Fun Breaking Bones! Mine Especially
Hey! read this! (Not chapter)
13. Getting Stabbed in Your Dream is Something You don't want to Experience
14. I Totally Forgot. Seriously. I Was Concentrating on My Pancakes.
15. Clint Was a Storm Spirit in His Past Life
16. Incy Wincy Spider Climbing up the screen
17. Extinct Languages Should Stay Extinct
18. Oh, So You Got Caught. No Worries, We'll Come To The Rescue.
19. Norse? Oh? Wanna Add Greek?
20. Ooh, So What's the Mist?
21. Such a Long Introduction.
22. No Way up? Then Find a Flight of Stairs.
23. Huge. Big. Massive. Wow.
24. Did You Know That Gods Could Own Hotels As Well? Is that even Possible?
25. Fighting for Hotel Rooms is Actually Fun, if You're on the Winning side.

7. At least the Cookies aren't wet?

1.5K 29 8
By Clappyu

That's Rin up there

----------------------------

STEVE ROGER'S POV

 I was surprised as I took a look at the photo of Carina Jackson. It looked like it was taken a few years back, but the raven hair and sea green eyes could not be mistaken. Rin. No wonder I thought Percy was familiar. 

 And she had a record? And she's Tony's niece? How did that happen?

 "Cap, something wrong?"

 I turned around to find Nat, an eyebrow raised, and studying my face. I looked away. 

 "I.....knew her."

 Everyone in the room turned to stare at me.

 "What? You know her? How?"

 "I met her in the library, and we became friends," I muttered nervously. I knew that even if I talked to Fury about this, he won't listen. 

 "What did you think of her? Did she seem like a terrorist?"

 Tony scooted in his chair towards me. I took a step back and leaned on the wall.

 "She was a child. She looked scared, and wary of everything around her. And sweet too,"  I added quickly as Fury's eyes glowed.

 "She was wary of everything? A spy, perhaps."

 "But...." Tony was fiddling with his thumbs. He obviously did not want to detain his niece, when he already captured his nephew.

 "No buts," Fury continued. "I want you guys to have a plan. Jackson has been sighted at her mother's house 15 minutes ago, so you'll have to be quick. If you come back all beaten up like when you tried getting the boy, I am personally going to kick your asses. Understand?"

 We all nodded. I sighed, but clapped my hands. "Right, lets suit up first."

-------------

RIN'S POV

 "So you don't know where he is?" asked Mom worriedly. I nodded. I was sitting in the kitchen back home acting as a chair for my sister, while Mom was cooling the blue cookies she had baked. 

 "He disappeared when he went to the store to buy blue food coloring." I said as I bounced Estelle, or Stellie on my knees. She gurgled and cooed, which looked so adorable. 

 "Oh my, I knew the color blue would be the end of him," Mom joked, but I could sense the sadness filled in her remark. I agreed.

 I looked over at the clock ticking in the corner. 

 "Have to go, Mom. It's been about an hour, and I don't want you to get trampled by monsters."

 Mom nodded, and began hurling the cookies into a zip lock bag.

 "Go share with Zeke," She called after me, as I plopped my sister on the stool and jogged out of the front door.

 "I'll try!" I called back, laughing and waving. 

 As soon as I turned a corner I opened the bag, and popped a cookie into my mouth. Zeke should be waiting for me, and I decided to hurry. We were supposed to search for Percy together, because it was our turn. 

 Wow, this cookie is delicious.

 I thought about all the suspects while I concentrated on a cookie. Actually, I couldn't count, 'cause my brother had so many enemies. I rounded another corner and began walking through a short tunnel. It was freezing today, so the asphalt was glazed with ice. But I was a daughter of Poseidon, ice was one of my powers, though it was a bit weaker than Percy's. So I couldn't slip.

 I trudged on, then heard something behind me. I came to a stop. I listened for a bit more. The person was muffling the foot steps, but I can hear it. Probably an adult.... I got my bag, and put the cookies inside. A woman, probably, and her movements are very light, she must've had a lot of experience......My heart raced. I tried breathing in and out. That was not Tartarus. He was not here to torture me. He's not here to kidnap me like last time. Not again.  She's getting close. 3....2....1....

 I swung my whole leg around, aiming a kick at the person's face, but I wasn't good with battle tactics, so it grazed the chin instead. The woman, a red head with a black suit looked surprised. I cursed in ancient greek, balanced my legs, and began running to the other side of the tunnel. My ADHD instincts and adrenaline kicked in, and I willed my legs to go faster. The woman was coming right behind me, and I somehow knew that another person was hiding around the corner. As I ran up to the entrance of the tunnel, I slid underneath as the person launched an arrow to where my head would've been. I slid on the thin sheet of ice, and began slipping down the hill. I somehow stood up, and even though I never rode a skate board or anything, I easily changed directions. Now red head and the man who tried to shoot me with the arrow were chasing  me, as I avoided more arrows that he shot. Another man in a multicolored suit with a Frisbee began sliding towards me as he sat on the thing, sled style. He looked familiar. 

 He wasn't able to change directions like I could, so he banged into a street light and rolled onto the side walk. Red head and arrow man stumbled on top of Mr. Shield and also ended up in a heap. Then some robot in a red tin can blasted his way towards me. I ducked, and he, stupidly, crashed into the ice. 

 What was that even supposed to...? That was such a stupid thing to do.

 I continued to ride the ice, then gently landed on the unfreezed sidewalk. Then, I hurried off to meet Zeke.

 I immediately recognized Zeke's dusty blonde hair standing next to a red bricked building. I ran towards him, and realized I was 30 minutes late from the promised time. 

 "Sorry... got caught up," I apologized as I huffed.

 He had a mischievous smile, and a twinkle in his silver blue eyes.

 "Nah, it's fine, as long as you share those cookies."

 I thought he was a Hermes kid when I first met him. He pulled out pranks just like any other, but he ended up in Cabin 1.

 I laughed, opened my bag and pulled out the ziplock. He grinned as he popped a blue cookie in his mouth. And we began patrolling the town for traces of my idiot brother. 

 Zeke was not like Jason. Not at all. He had ADHD just like the rest of us, but he had a much harder time keeping it under control. Though he did have cool battle instincts, which I was trying to learn, he continuously skipped about.

 We came to a short bridge that had a river running beneath it  a few hours later. It was getting dark. 

 With the water around me, I knew that the weird people from earlier were here.

 "Zeke...." I called. Zeke turned around to face me from his spot, stopping his skip midstep.

 "Hmmm?" 

 "Are you sure you can't fly like Jason?"

 "No, I told you that a million times, I can use lightning, control birds, etc, but I failed flying. Why do you ask?"

 "Because I was wondering if I had any other options," I said as I ran toward him, grabbed the blue cookies and tossed him into the river. I was a little surprised that he was pushed so easily because Zeke was a few inches taller than me.

 "What the-" he began, but was cut short when he was plunged to the depths. I made a bubble full of oxygen, and asked the river spirits to hold him down. Since he was in contact with water, I could mentally communicate with him, which was kind of a gift that I got from Dad.

 "What the Hades, Rin, what are you doing?"

 "Sorry, Zeke, but some people came to get me earlier and I'm sure they want something from me. They were wearing costumes, so I'm assuming that they took Percy too."

 "That doesn't mean-"

 "It's for your safety."

 "You should've at least left me with the cooki-"

I cut the connection and stood my ground as I felt 4 pairs of feet starting towards me.

-------------------------------------

NATASHA ROMANOFF'S POV

 I was trying to talk to her earlier, but it didn't work. I tried to approach as quietly as I could. She sensed me, and tried to kick me in the face. It's kind of rude, but I was impressed by the kids battle and 'running away' skills. Those eyes were so much like Percy's. It had that partially broken look, but unlike him, Carina's eyes were a mixture of fear instead of anger.

Now, we were on the other side of a bridge, eyeing Carina and another boy with dusty blonde hair. They were laughing and eating something blue from a plastic bag. This time, we won't let her go. 

 Carina stopped in her tracks, and called to the boy. "Zeke!"

 They were engaged in a quiet conversation, until the girl suddenly dragged the boy, snatched the bag full of blue, and tossed him over the bridge. She looked over the railings as we heard a large SMACK down the edge. I gasped. I'm pretty sure the others were terrified as well.  The girl began putting the ziplock bag back into her knapsack like nothing happened as me, Tony, Steve and Clint began strolling over.

 Carina Jackson turned toward us, as she crossed her arms.

 "What do you want?"

 Clint cleared his throat. "We thought you were a terrorist....Now we're here to arrest you for murder."

 I glanced at Steve. "Cap?"

 "What? Oh...Yeah..." He looked shocked. It wasn't a surprise since he thought of her as a sweet kid. Steve stole one glance at her, then jumped of the railing into the freezing river.

 The girl stared at him all the way down. 

 "He won't find him."

 That girl is mad, was the first thought I had. 

 "Where is my brother?" She asked finally, as she locked eyes with me. Her eyes were about as intimidating as Perseus's.

 "He's fine, he's with us." I mean, it's true, we didn't hurt him in anyway.

 "We tried talking to him, but it didn't work. So we took him. We also found some stuff out, if you want to know."

 "What would I want to know?"

 "We'll tell you if you agree to go with us quietly."

 "No. Tell me first."

 I sighed.

 "Fine. So.....Tony here? He's like your uncle."

 A very awkward silence stretched out. The kid snorted after sometime.

 "You want me to believe that Tin can over there," She jerked her head to Tony, and he looked slightly offended."is my uncle, when you kidnapped my brother, and currently trying to kidnap me too." She shook her head. "Are you guys insane? How am I supposed to believe that! does my brother know?"

 "He knows alright," muttered Clint. I remembered him laughing his head off after I told him that he had an uncle. We had to subdue him because he was killing himself from the lack of oxygen. At least this one was not going to laugh herself to death.

 "Fine, then why did you toss that kid into the water?" Tony asked, his voice was cautious. He must've felt the fear behind her mask too.

  I saw something behind Carina. Steve. He was empty handed, the boy must've drowned. We should find his body at least, later. An innocent life, dead. I silently did a prayer. I nodded curtly at him, and he began stepping towards Carina.

 "I tossed him, yes, but he isn't dead."  What? "I just....It's safe there."

 Steve was a few feet away from her. The girl did not notice. I smirked.

 "What?" She asked, looking confused.

 "Behind you," I answered as Steve hit her on the small of her neck, and caught her before she fell to the ground, unconscious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 5.8K 49
When Perseus "Percy" Jackson loses everything in the Giant War, he ends all contact with the Gods and Camp Halfblood. He is a broken man in the big w...
146K 2.8K 66
Cora Wilder is Poseidon's daughter, who after getting into an argument that went a little too far with her big bad uncle, was banned from Olympus ove...
290K 5.3K 25
When Annabeth spends her summer working on fixing Mount Olympus, Percy has nothing to do except to get a job. So when he surprisingly gets an interns...
776K 17.6K 24
After the war with Gaea Percy just wants to be left alone and have nothing to do with the gods ever again. Why? You will have to find out...... Meanw...