Strangers With Memories [Dara...

Door colouredrainbows

Jiyong suddenly disappeared from Dara's life one night. Five years later, he's now back... but he doesn't rem... Meer

{ prologue }
{ 01 }
{ 02 }
{ 03 }
{ 04 }
{ 05 }
{ 06 }
{ 07 }
{ 08 }
{ 09 }
{ 10 }
{ 11 }
{ 12 }
{ 13 }
{ 14 }
{ 15 }
{ 16 }
{ 17 }
{ 18 }
{ 19 }
{ 20 }
{ 21 }
{ 22 }
{ 23 }
{ 24 }
{ 25 }
{ 26 }
{ 27 }
{ 28 }
{ 29 }
{ 30 }
{ 31 }
{ 32 }
{ 33 }
{ 34 }
{ 35 }
{ 37 }
{ 38 }
{ 39 }
{ 40 }
{ 41 }
{ 42 }
{ 43 }
{ 44 }
{ epilogue }

{ 36 }

6.3K 109 9
Door colouredrainbows

{ 36 }

Dara did her best to cover up the mark Jiyong left with a concealer. She was cursing him all the way while they were on the road, but the said man was only laughing at her. “Why did you put this... hideous mark on me!!!”

“Yah,” he said as he pulled over for a while. She turned to him and suddenly, his fingers landed on the hideous mark Dara was referring to. “C’mon, I did a good job, didn’t I, babe?” He told her, his expression smug.

She didn’t stop herself from clobbering him with her bag. “You’re really crazy! We’re going to see my family!”

“Okay, okay, fine. I’m sorry!” He apologized in the end. “We should get going now, I don’t want to miss our flight.”

“Tch,” Dara sulked again before allowing Jiyong to drive to the airport.

When they arrived at the airport, Dara saw that Jaejoong along with his other men were already waiting for them. The rest of them carried a duffel bag. “Wait, they’re coming with us?” She asked while the men bowed to them.

“Uh-huh. We need them to protect us if ever some crazy paparazzo managed to see us. Besides,” he nonchalantly said, “this is better since there won’t be any stranger on board with us.”

Dara only shook her head at her fiancé’s rather unique logic. The men in black suits followed and crowded them closely. Jiyong placed a cap on her head so that she would be better protected.

Just like what Jiyong expected, a swarm of media people were waiting for them. She couldn’t even think how they managed to know that they were going to fly today, but nothing’s really impossible. “Don’t worry, I already sent men to guard your family in case these people found them. Jaejoong’s people are the best, Dee.” He whispered to her as the crowd thickened, cramming them all together like a sandwich.

She kept her head low so that no one else would capture her face. She didn’t have much trouble though, since just like what Jiyong said, Jaejoong’s people are to be trusted. They waved away the media and Dara breathed in relief when they were finally stepping in the plane. Jiyong led her to the business class and just like what he said, no one else was there.

A few minutes after, Jaejoong and the other bodyguards came piling in. Dara felt extra relief knowing that no one would hog them in here. At least, for the next hour.

They passed the time flying with Jiyong asking her to tell him things about her family which happened for the past five years he had gone. Dara gamely agreed, enthusiastic to talk about her family.

They were even surprised when the pilot informed them that they will land soon. They walked out first, but when they were already exiting, they were once again sandwiched between the bodyguards.

More people were at the Busan airport, and Dara shuddered on how they can be just to scoop a headline. Not that she can blame them, since those were their jobs.

Jiyong kept her close as they walked out. A car was already waiting for them and they quickly rode that as some of the bodyguards were left behind to control the media people. “Chaos. This is chaos,” Dara commented breathlessly.

Jiyong gathered her close. “I’m sorry, babe, but this will end soon, neh? Besides, Jaejoong and his people won’t let us down.”

Jaejoong, who was sitting on the passenger seat followed up to Jiyong’s statement. “Yes, Dara-ssi. You don’t have to worry.”

When they finally arrived in front of Dara’s house, she was surprised to see that rows of black cars were tailing their own vehicle. She only sighed as she led Jiyong inside. “Oh wait, where will you guys be?” She asked Jaejoong.

“We’ll stay here, Dara-ssi. We will guard you, so don’t worry.” After that, Jaejoong sent her a reassuring smile and she smiled back.

Dara rang the doorbell. Her younger sister opened the door. Durami’s eyes were wide when she saw her sister. “Unnie!” She exclaimed, running to Dara’s arms.

“Hey princess,” Dara greeted warmly, happy to finally see her family. She hadn’t visited for quite a while since she was busy adjusting at her new job at the school.

Sanghyun, on the other hand, came running down the steps and almost tripped when he heard Durami’s voice. “NOONA!” He yelled as he also ran towards his two older sisters, almost tripping in the process.

The Park siblings hugged each other for a long while. Jiyong has a smile tugging on his lips, happy to see Dara with her family. Soon enough, the older Parks stepped out and smiled upon seeing them. “You kids, come on in here!”

The siblings skipped happily inside while Jiyong followed behind them, not wanting to hinder their reunion.

The three continued to chat while Dara’s parents whisked Jiyong away to talk. He heaved a determined sigh and braced himself for questions.

However, the questions never came. There was only Mrs. Park’s gentle smile and Mr. Park’s reminders. “Jiyong-ah, we know you. We know Dara, too. We don’t really know what exactly happened five years ago, but we wouldn’t pry on it.” The older Park stared at Jiyong straight in the eye, and he couldn’t help but to gulp. “We only want you to do two things, Jiyong. Love our daughter and never, ever hurt her again. If you can’t promise that, then you could go pack your bags and we’ll take our daughter back.” His voice was stern.

“You don’t have to worry, jangin eoreun, jangmonim,” he answered, his voice steady and determined. “I will never hurt Dara, not intentionally at least, that much I’m going to promise. I know how precious, and how perfect she is, and that I won’t find anyone else if it’s not her in my life. I had an accident five years ago...” He explained to the two on how he had Dissociative Amnesia and how he forgot his memories about Dara.

Mrs. Park slowly nodded. “We trust you, Jiyong.” She stood up and Jiyong did the same. He was even surprised when she hugged her lovingly. “Welcome to the family, Kwon Jiyong.” She said with a smile.

Mr. Park also stood up and hugged him. “I’m glad to have another son, Jiyong.”

Jiyong couldn’t explain how happy he feels. It was like a big boulder was lifted from his shoulders as he smiled widely to his another set of parents.

The three of them went back to the living room where the Park siblings were still reuniting. However, Sanghyun’s face soured when he saw Jiyong. “Omma, appa, why are you welcoming Kwon Jiyong-ssi like he’s the king or whatever?!” He asked, his face scrunched up in disgust.

“PARK SANGHYUN!” Their father’s voice roared. “Watch your mouth!”

“It’s okay jangin eoreun,” Jiyong calmly said. “I understand Sanghyun.”

Jangin eoreun?!” Sanghyun mumbled under his breath, not wanting to be caught by his father again. “This guy’s definitely got the balls.”

“Sanghyun,” Jiyong caught his attention. “Let’s talk?”

Sanghyun instantly shot up. “That would be good, Kwon Jiyong-ssi.”

The two men walked out of the room, and Dara and Durami were left with their parents. “Omma, appa, how did that talk go?” She anxiously asked.

“Aigoo Dara-yah, you don’t have to worry!” Mr. Park lovingly ruffled his daughter’s hair. He sat next to her on their old couch. “Appa did a good job talking. Besides, Jiyong explained what happened, so it’s okay now.”

Dara leaned to her father’s shoulders, missing his warm and gentle smiles which always puts her into rest. “Thank you appa.” She looked at her mother. “Thank you, omma.”

“It’s nothing, Dara-yah. Jiyong is a great guy, and he loves you a lot. I would know.” Mrs. Park answered.

“Neh, unnie, omma would know since appa looks at her like that for the past thirty years.” Durami butted in and giggled.

“Durami-yah! Why are you putting down appa like that?!” Their father faked horror, to which the Park women laughed.

After a while, Mr. Park held Dara’s hand where the ring was situated at. “I... I still can’t believe I’m going to give you away soon, butterfly.” Her father said quietly while staring at the diamond ring on her finger, calling her by his nickname for her when she was a child.

“Appa...” Dara said as she sat straight and looked at her father who had tears on his eyes.

“Aigoo, don’t mind your old man, Dara.” He smiled. “I was just surprised that time flows by so fast.”

“Don’t say that, appa. You’re not giving me away,” she replied, smiling. “I won’t go anywhere, you know.”

“APPA!” Durami suddenly exclaimed. The three of them stared at her questioningly, curious why her face was sulky. “Don’t act like that, I’m getting sad too when we should be happy for unnie’s engagement!”

“Neh, yeobo, Durami’s right.” Mrs. Park agreed. “We should be happy for our daughter.”

Just in time, Jiyong and Sanghyun came back, the former smiling while the latter was void of any expressions. Sanghyun squeezed in between Dara and Durami, his face was still sulky. Mrs. Park was the one who asked. “What happened?”

“I think it went well?” Jiyong answered with a smile. “I understand Sanghyun.”

Durami nudged her younger brother. “Yah, you didn’t threaten to murder Jiyong oppa or anything, right?”

“Noona!” Sanghyun whined. “Is that how you see me?!”

“No stupid, that’s how I know you.” Durami answered, snickering.

The youngest only pouted. “Okay, fine. I approve of this marriage, but!” He glared at Jiyong. “No man would still be worthy of my noona-deul. Ever. So you have to prove yourself every single day of your life.”

They all laughed and Jiyong nodded. “Arasso, cheonam.”

--

The woman frantically grabbed her phone, dialling a number. It rang for a few seconds before it was picked up. “Hello?”

“You’ve heard the news, right?” The woman said, her voice hushed.

“Yes,” the other line answered. “What do you suggest we do?”

“What else? Go on with what’s planned.” The woman’s voice was steady. “We’ll just have to fasten the pace now.”

“Okay then. Call me again soon so that we can discuss some more.”

“Sure.”

The line went dead as the woman chucked the disposable phone on the nearest trash bin.

______________________________________________

Err, surprise? XD

-X

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

31.1K 659 10
They keep denying it to the world that they are a couple. They're just friends, so they say. They hid their love to protect it but what if by hiding...
161K 3.9K 46
(Also posted on AFF.) They met when he was the newest singing sensation to rock the kpop music scene. He had the perfect blend of looks, wit, chari...
143K 3.1K 57
{ Romance beyond difference. } He's the good student, she's the worst student. He's quiet, she's loud and annoying. He's the personification of perfe...
17.6K 1.1K 38
"Next time I am lost in the crowd and you can't reach me, just call my name and I will come to you" Taehyung said smiling a little. Finally they coul...