Undercover

By ms_writer_ac

His face is leveled to mine and I can see tiny droplets of water on his face and lips as he draws closer to... More

Prologue
Clean Up
Another Day Another Misson
No Solo No More
Who Is He?
Girls Day
Residence
Assumptions
Phases
Different Minds Think Alike
Winter Formal
Blue Beetle Kisses
Wearhouse Wonders
Sleepless Thoughts
December Spirit
Merry Mishappenings
The Agent Trap
New Years
Clouded Feelings
Lockdown Pt.1
Lockdown Pt. 2
Brother
Recovery
Pineapple Pizza
Lead
Sleepy Feelings
Fake Persona
Secret Spies
Hold It Together
Inside Information
Distance
Birthday Daisies
U-nder Alleyways
N-umb
D-on't Leave
E-mbrace Me
R-eady or Not
C-omplete Me
O-ver the Past
V-iolence And Love.
E-nemies Battle
Time
Transformed
Aftermath
Next Steps
Promotion
ForeverMore
Accepted
Undercover
Bonus: Balance

R-ed Reality

2.5K 98 11
By ms_writer_ac

it won't let me post it but I highly recommend listening to I BELIEVE YOU- FLETCHER
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
NATALIE POV
PART TWO

Things got worse quickly. In fact, H.E.X.A was waiting for Russo's call in order to plant bioengineered carbon, tweaked to suffocate into our air ducts.

We quickly contacted our hackers who electronically closed all air ducts and many of us rushed to disable the monoxide bombs.

This  delayed many of us which is also what they wanted, so I rounded up some more agents to go after them.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
8:00am

We were at our meeting destination, all of us in the dark as there were no windows in this room. Many were reloading ammo and fixing wounds.

We only had 5 minutes each round.

"I want all updates", Lucas says to the team, in which they all share important information as Jayden stands by me.

"Jayden?"

"Yes beautiful?"

"Where's Joshua?"

He stops drinking his water.  "He's with H.E.X.A, along with his students. He can't just come to us like that we got a plan."

He tells me. Joshua was going to perform a "solo" act and act like we prisoned him and then he was going to help us.

"But  we are running out of time. Every time  we stop, they add more stuff to harm us." I sigh, eyes heading to Lucas who was standing on a higher platform than us, communicating with everyone.

Like a true leader
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The second round started, and more H.E.X.A agents were coming in. I'm not sure if Lucas was paying attention, but he was constantly wrapping his tattooed hands around mine, squeezing it every so often.

Like he was scared of losing my grip.

It gave me butterflies, knowing he's thinking of me in this situation.

But none of us had any time to think of anything but getting everyone safe.

We so far detained 25 agents, all knocked out for 12 hours. There were about 85 in all, attempting to enter our tech rooms with all of our research. We planted traps on each of them, and the moment one of them tries to enter, it would alarm us.

It was 10am, sunlight streaming in through some areas which made it very hard to stay hidden. The armor of H.E.X.A was their signature silver, which shined against the sun and our black interior.

That was a mistake.

We were able to detain 10 more, when Lucas stops moving.

All of us turn to him to see him listening on their radio.

"All of them are in the B wing, Russo sent a message to attack."

I nod, turning my earpiece on.

"All B wing agents code 478", I say warning them.

"Shit." Lucas closes his earpiece whispering to Jayden and then looks at Jasmine and I.

"We will need to break apart again. But I need Jayden with me to handle some bombs. You two go on, okay?"

The worry in his voice was evident as he hugged Jasmine and then brought my hand to kiss it.

"Stay safe, Natalie my earpiece is open okay?"

"Lucas don't worry-"

"We will all meet in an hour again okay? We will."

"Lucas." I take his face in my hands and I see the worry in his eyes. "We are highly trained agents. We can get them to surrender if we play smarter not harder. "

He nods and I kiss the tip of his nose as we depart.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2:00pm

The afternoon sun made it harder to hide from them, and many of us had to result to combat. The sound of gunshots started echoing through hallways and we never knew which side was hurting which.

Sounds of agony as darts hit skin.

Jasmine and I were now separated, her having to befriend a male agent with her stunning looks to get information.

I started waking down a fluorescent light hallway, dark electric blue , nearing a door when the ground beneath me shakes.

I quickly lay down, holding support to the wall.

What the hell was that?

When I hear a female scream near a room I head to the door.

"Help! 250!."

250 was like our code blue.

One of my agents were hurt.

I open the door, stepping back incase it's a trap, but when I see Laura under debris my heart sinks.

I rush to her.

Her face was sweaty and in pain. "T-the H.E.X.A blew up- this section and I'm stuck. Nat-Natalie please help."

"Where is this agent how? He may have more", I ask.

She shakes her head, tears forming. "He escaped before I can- ah."

She winces in pain and starts panicking. "Natalie I-I'm pregnant and I- I feel like I just-"

My heart sinks as I finally get the heavy debris off her stomach to see some blood.

Oh no.

"Laura are you bleeding anywhere? Limbs? A wound?"

She nods confused and before I could stop her, she sees the blood near her stomach.

"No. No. Nonononono." Her voices comes out breathy and choppy.

"Natalie I just found out two months ago", she chokes. "Not now no not now."

"It's okay, come on let's get you up."

I pull Laura up, as she clutches her abdomen.

I hear a gun cock behind me.

"N-Natalie?"

"Shh", I tell Laura as I get her to sit safely behind me.

I slowly turn around to see the enemy has found one of our hidden rooms.

His gun is large and pointed at me.

"How good would it feel to say the blood of the best agent was on my hands?", his raspy voice says. "So. Fu**ing good."

He hits the trigger and I duck in front of Laura as the bullet hits the wall near me and ricochets in his lower abdomen.

He falls, attempting to shoot me once again, as the bullet grazes my shoulder.

I release a breath, realizing my bulletproof pads protected me, but the impact was the same.

I quickly grab my gun, and finish him off.

The ring of the gun stays for a while, until it's silence.

My heart beats rapidly.

Although being the number one agent, I haven't taken a human life by myself . I would always weaken the opponent but someone else would pull the final trigger.

This time it was me.

"Natalie is he-"

"Yes", I say.

I turn to Laura helping her up.

"Laura you need immediate assistance. Are you sure the bleeding is coming from the stomach?"

She sniffles. "I- I can't tell my shirt is stuck to my skin."

I sigh calling for medical support when the ground shakes again.

"Crap, they won't stop."

"N-Natalie go. G-go I'll wait for help."

"What? No, you just suffered a huge injury while pregnant. Laura you can't hide something like that, if I knew I could have given you extra protection to the belly, better yet I wouldn't have let you fight at all."

She sniffles and gives me a smile. "I wouldn't miss helping my family even if I was 9 months pregnant and walking like a penguin. BlackLight gave me a family, a real family I never had. And you," she says holding my shoulders.

"You always helped me in training. I wouldn't be in the top ten if it weren't for you. Gabriel doesn't know yet-"

"It's Gabriel's?", I say curious.

She nods, smiling. "We've been dating for a few months now, no one really knew. I heard he was planning on proposing but then this all happened. Natalie I can't lose this kid I-"

"Shh, it's okay", I say as I hug her. Soon I feel her body go limp the moment medical help comes.

Medical rushes to her saying she collapsed from the pressure of the debris.

My heart hurt for her as she was becoming a mother, and no matter how much I wanted to help her I knew she would get medical assistance and so I left the room, heading through the hallways.

My body was also tired, and the shoulder where the bullet barely hit was now a little sore.

I stop in my tracks when I see a H.E.X.A agent bent down, grabbing the camouflaged earpiece on a knocked out BlackLight agent as he was installing more bombs.

This must be who Laura was talking about.

I sync my earpiece with the one in his hand, and electrocute his hand.

He responds with a yelp of pain as I go near him.

"More bombs? This is your plan? It's going to fail", I say, grabbing all the bombs near him and disable all of them with a switch.

He tried to knock my feet over, but I catch him, going into combat. We wrestle for a good two minutes until I drive a shot in his neck, which makes him go limp.

I take all the materials on his suit away so he can't plant anymore when he wakes up, destructing all of them.

I then grab the earpiece.

"I'll take that, thank you", I say to his unconscious figure as I examine the BlackLight agent.

He was a Class B agent, only 16, he was going to be knocked out  for 12 hours so I put him in a room away from blind sight.

I sigh, turning back to see the destruction the bombs caused.

Ceiling was completely broken down, the walls were still stable, and glass dividers were everywhere, pointing out like cacti.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I was barely able to reach the third round, even then I couldn't see Jasmine, Jayden, or Lucas as many more agents got wounded.

H.E.X.A's plan was to destruct every area of Headquarters and keep only the places they need information from.

But how can they destruct rooms that they know don't exist?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
9:00pm

I turned on my earpiece for the time.

9:00pm

We've been fighting all day. My body goes sore? Hair sticking to my neck from my tight bun.

You can do this, baby.

Come on.

I get up, immediately feeling a sharp pain on my shoulder.

"Ouch."

I gently feel my shoulder over my heavy duty suit and jacket.

More pressure.

It hurt a lot.

Winding in pain I attempt to remove my suit to see the wound but I hear a few footsteps.

I don't have a second to look when my instincts kick in and I duck just when two agents fire towards my head.

The ring of the bullet screams in my ear as I see their faces when they realize they failed.

I go into a crawling position, sliding in the gap between the two agents and I shoot both of them in the thighs.

They stumble and crawl near me.

"One more move in both of you and y'all are dead in a second", I tell them.

They both stop but the looks they give me could kill.

"Who ordered this? Who ordered you all to kill me? I've had two other people try to take my life today."

They stay silent, looking at the ceiling.

I shoot my gun towards the ceiling to startle them.

"Answer me!"

Silent.

Huh.

I guess they want it the hard way.

I grab another gun, manufracted by Beijing which is the headquarters for our weaponry.

I cock it into place, and the ammo clicking in makes a deadly sound itself.

That's when the two men look at me.

"Either you answer me or you get killed by this. I'm giving you a choice, be glad", I run my fingertips down the gun. "I haven't tried this gun yet, I'm excited."

I look at them dead in the eye.

"Five seconds.

5
4
3
2
I aim the gun at the right one who was giving me dirty looks
1
0

Bam

I shoot the right guy, blood pooling around his form. It stung, but I knew it had to be done. I look to the other one, aiming at him.

"Wait! Wait.", he huffs. "Carina ordered it. She doesn't want anyone dead except you and those mixed siblings. "

Jasmine and Jayden?

Why?

"Why them?"

He shrugs. "I- she really spoke a lot about you during our heists and I'm not sure about the siblings."

My gun wavers. "And Lucas? The rest of the agency?"

"Can't say", he whispers.

I am near his feet but not at him and fire.

"Okay okay! Okay. H-her orders were don't kill the cute boy and the rest of the agency she doesn't care about. Kill them or let them live. It's our choice."

I breathe silent fumes as I listen to this guy a little older than me.

Cute boy?

What does she want with him?

I still stay loyal, not killing him but injecting him with ultra-tech tranquilizers that will knock him out for 15 hours.

I stand up, tucking my gun in when another bomb blasts in the building, rubble collapsing on me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
10.8M 610K 43
*Completed* "I just want to know why." I say as I turn over, trying to find his figure through the dark of my room. "Why what?" He asks. "Why you'...
209K 9K 68
The Nerd. Natalie Watson. Straight A student,plain girl,quiet,reserved. She lives her life one day at a time,with a loving mother, a far away best fr...
2.2M 41.8K 34
You're going to pay for that." I whispered to her, making sure to graze my mouth across the spot that makes her breath hitch. When I saw her remain u...