You are mine

By ragexian

Highest ranking #2 in "possessive" #1 in "forcedromance" #1 in "convert" #1 in "islamicromance" #1 in "hijab... More

Copyright
Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter-10
chapter-11
chapter-12
chapter-13
chapter-14
chapter-15
chapter-16
chapter-17
chapter-18
chapter 19
chapter-20
chapter-21
chapter-22
chapter-23
chapter-24
chapter 25
Author's note
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
Chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
epilogue

chapter 38

2.9K 196 64
By ragexian

Door clicks open.

I look up and peak at it through the mirror.

He walks in.

Our eyes met.

I quickly stole mine, eager to find somethingnof interest.

But I could just hold them away from him from couple of seconds when they finally trailed back to him.

Top few buttons of his khaki button down shirt, undone, which sticks to his slightly sweaty chest under that white blazer. with its cufflinks rolled back, just below the elbows. One hand slipped into the pocket of white slacks.

I see a strap of backpack loosely hanging on his shoulder as he opted to click the door shut. His bangs moved sideways in an upward curve showing the sheen of sweat on his forehead. It gives him eerily mature vibe.

He turns around.

A sharp intake of breath.

I focus my eyes on my hair instead. But its awfully hard to pull my hand upward and start combing my open hair.

God, help me!

What's up with me? I mentally frown.

I've been sitting here in front of the mirror for half an hour now. Everytime I look up in the mirror, my thoughts fly away, snatching all my attention until I give up.

I hear the shuffle of his boots as he approaches the bed and slips the bag from his shoulder on the mattress," I got all your stuff in it,"  his strong voice cuts through the silence but his eyes dont find me."including your passport, Visa, your school doc-"

He looks up and words die down in his mouth.

His eyes gauge my lost ones through the mirror. I desperately wanted to steal mine again but this time they were too heavy. Like lead, too tired.

Or maybe hypnotized.

Suddenly air feels thick. Walls moving in on me. On us.

He let's go of the strap and straightens up. All the bells in my heart start to chime as he slowly walks up to me.

Thud of his every nearing step falls on my shoulders. Carrying ton of weight. Growing with each second.

The way his forehead is showing, he looks so much older. No more a teenager. But a man.

He stops short behind me.

A gush of familiar warmth explodes out of him, enveloping my all in its spree.

But this time it was different. Sharp. Filled with unknown depths.

There was this darkness in those midnight orbs. Tired one. The one that knew the meaning of void. As if it had hit the bottom line ages ago. But was going to discover new depths of darkness all over again.

It was tumultuous.

It reaches me in full waves.

He was counting the red straps of my irises. Spreading like a spider web, the effect of crying all night.

Is that all?

Is this going to be over today!

My eyes sought answers from him.

His lips pursed as those eyebrows drew together raising the small space in between them slightly up.

I felt like an unwrapped box. Placed in front, for his eyes to see. And see they did. Running all over me and then stopped at the heart shaped necklace that hung loyally in my neck, resting just below my beauty bone.

Fire burned in those eyes, heating up the heart of the necklace in result. I could feel the heat seeping from it to my skin, spreading inside of me, looking for my own heart.

I was afraid that fire would catch my heart.

But he released me from his spell and his gaze travelled over my open hair, spread out in waves of brown.

"Do you want me to do your hair?." He clipped.

What?

He wants to...

I felt the heat creeping up my cheeks.

My eyes found the floor," why would I want that?"

"Cause I said so?" He responded as if it was self explanatory.

My eyes flew upward at his comment. No trace of humor or lightness in those expressions. All closed up.

He extended his hand and I wordlessly placed the comb in it.

Silence.

I heard him drawing closer and my back stiffened all over.

Memory of the contact last night. My mind replayed the hug over and over. I never felt this safe. Not even in mama's arms.

My eyes fluttered close. Savoring the memories.

I felt his fingers lightly proding some of my locks aside from front. It sent electric shock down my spine making me shudder involuntarily.

"I didn't collect your clothes from that apartment," I heard him saying and opened my eyes to find him immersed in the efforts of pulling the knots out of my hair, with expressions successfully blank."you can take what i got you here." He absentmindedly pointed the comb towards the closet.

I flinched when he dragged the comb too fast right above the hidden knot."hey!"I  grabbed his hand in a quick movement which halts right there, upon contact.

He finds my eyes in the mirror," does it hurt?"

My lips pulled downward at the obviousness of the situation.

Ofcourse it hurts!

"Just do it slowly." I resolved to this instead.

A lop sided smirk appears at one corner of those heart shaped lips, out of nowhere,"you mean, tenderly?"

My heart picked up a beat at the muse in his voice."I'm not a fragile frog!" My words cut sharp.

"But you are my silly goose, aren't you?"

Something danced behind the stretch of those dark orbs. Something meaningful.

I just looked away.

Ten times more nervous, I started fidgeting with my fingers. The curtains flew inward, underlying agitation in them-as the wind whooshed inside through the open window-before settling back to their previous spot.

It reached me fast, swiping through my face, blowing the wandering locks out of my face.

As if wanting me to remove that frown from my face. I inhaled deeply through my lips. Enjoying its caress.

His hands stopped. I found those secretive orbs locked on my face. But my eyes couldn't quite catch them. They were low. On my...

Upon feeling the weight of my gaze on him, he unstuck his eyes from my lips and trailed them up to meet mine.

I saw his Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he gulped loudly.

My throat felt raw, all the air intake forgotten. I looked down. I could feel all the blood rushing to my cheeks.

No, I'm not a prey sitting right in lion's den!

"So how do I -uh," he trailed off I found the struggle going on in those knitted eyebrows. His eyes suddenly way too focused on my hair," put them up?"

I frowned,"why do you wanna put them up"

"To make a bun?" It was more like a question as he hopefully looked at me.

I rolled my eyes.

If he didn't know how to make a bun, why did he insist in the first place.

"Just pull them up and twist them in a knot."

His fingers slipped through now silk strands, free of knots and he bunched them up trying all his might to roll them around but hissed.

"What is it?" I asked without a beat.

"My fingers are stuck in there." He complained.

"Okay just leave it, I'll do it myself." I tried to pry his hands off but he tensed.

Looking at me with that stubborn streak of his," king never gives up." He pressed.

What a child!

"Not even on hair?" I retorted.

"Isn't it yours?" He challenged.

"It is." I confirmed.

"Then never."

Silence spread between us.

Pure silence. Like the empty one.

None of us said anything further. Although I hoped he would say something.

Somehow he managed to make a bun atop my head. He took a step back.

I turned my head sideways to find it strongly put and tolerable enough not to undo it the next minute.

"Thank you."

Our eyes met.

He ran his fingers through those curvy bangs that sprung ahead at call. Hiding his intelligent eyebrows. Settling over his eyelashes. Entangling with them. Like long lost soulmates.

His eyes sparkled underneath.

"Don't thank me just yet." He reciprocated creating a rising tide in my heart.

What does that even mean?

"W-why not?" I stuttered out unsure.

"I need something in return."

Ofcourse you do!

What have I thought!

He was volunteering in a charity by doing my hair?

I should have known its king I'm talking about.

I raised my chin, raising my eyebrows in a mock courage and looked him in the eye. Right then, I shivered. But I fisted my hands to control it before he catches it.

Those calculating orbs were digging up  my soul. My eyes fell over his lips. Why were they extra pink today?

Stop it!

I fidgeted on my seat. That infamous smirk stretched that heart again. All knowing. He knew the misery those lips were putting me in.

No!

Get it together!

"What do you want?" My words came out stumbling on one another.

"A kiss."

My eyes popped out of their sockets. Almost.

His smirk widened into a grin.

"Don't joke around like that!" I reprimanded him.

"I'm serious."

No!

He must be out of his damn mind to think that I'll kiss him just like that!

"No." I blurted out.

His eyes narrowed slowly wiping the grin off his face,"No?"

I gave a hesitant nod. No energy to speak anymore.

No matter how full or how inviting his lips looked I would nev-

Ya Allah!

I beat myself inwardly snatching my eyes away from his lips once again.

"King!" I squealed as I was pulled out of the seat and right into his chest. His arms securing around me. I could see the muscles of his chest, visible where that shirt was unbuttoned at the top.

"Just once!"

I heard him over my heavy breathing.

My heart beat so fast, it felt like exploding at any minute now.

I wiggled in his hold, suddenly fuming as well as panic struck," let me go, king."

He chuckled at my serious tone.

"She gets mad,huh!" His words danced right in my ears. Too close.

"This is not fun!" I chewed out still struggling.

"Faith..."

Something in that controlled whisper, or maybe in the dip of his head so that he could look me in the eyes, or the way his hold became gentle around me, made me go still.

I dreaded to look him in the eyes. But I did.

All I could see was his eyes. They were too close. Dilating. Taking me in slowly. I blinked. And blinked. But they were still expanding. Then they fell on my parted lips, that were eagerly trying to snatch the snippets of air inside.

He gulped. Loudly this time.

"Relax."

His breath spread over my lips and I tried to back away. Only to find myself stuck in his hold. Unable to move my limbs at all.

His head dipped, his eyes scarily drunk.

I shivered in his hold.

I tried to push at his chest but couldn't get him out of his spell.

What do I do now!!

"K-king..." my throat felt clogged up but I managed to get him look away from my lips, up to my eyes.

He seemed to be waking up from the most intense sleep.

It could be the fright in my eyes that made his eyes slowly go back to normal.

"Fuck!" He cursed lowly.

I whimpered.

His jaw clenched showing the tick in them. His lips pursed in thin line.

Is he mad at me?

But I-

His hand found it's way to my cheek, putting a halt to my jumbled thoughts. It caressed where the air caressed sometime ago. But this was different. Not at all airy. So soothing. Compassionate. Understanding.

Erupting heat all over my face.

He then closed his eyes and I found myself leaning in on his touch.

He rested his forehead against mine and my other cheek touched his. Inhaling his cologne, my eyes lowered, making my eyelashes flutter against his.

As if caught in his spell.

Shock ran through me.

My eyes flew open, so did his.

And our eyelashes untangled.

We both just looked at each other. Frozen for a second.

Then a ghost of a smile appeared on his now boyish features. A triumphant one. I suddenly forgot how to breath.

I felt his both hands engulfing mine in a warm grasp.

"Thanks for the kiss." His lips mumbled just inches away from mine in a lowest whisper I've ever heard.

Just meant for me.

Wait what?

Kiss?

When did I kiss him?

"I didn't kiss you!"

A chuckle erupted from his chest wholeheartedly as it vibrated against mine.

Goosebumps started crawling all over me at his amusement.

He embraced me in a hug, tight enough to steal my breath away.

Releasing me, he leaned back to look me in the eyes,"You have no idea, you silly goose, do you?" He taunted.

Staggering back from his now loose grip but catching myself from falling. I didn't realize I had put my whole weight in his arm, completely at his mercy.

"W-what do you m-ean?" My breath came out in puffs and I gripped the hem of my shirt in trembling fingers. Horrified.

My ears started ringing on their own.

He must be able to hear the heavy thuds of my heart!

"You just gave me a butterfly kiss!"

●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●

For those who don't know, butterfly kiss is ...when one person flutters his eyelashes against the skin or the eyelashes of the other person. It is a flutter kiss or butterfly kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 620 34
It's a romcom story of 2 sister and their 1 bestfriend whose life get tangled with 'Mir brothers' of a well affluent family. "I don't believe in love...
73.1K 5.7K 12
"Khadijah you aren't the only one forced in this marriage" "Yusuf have you ever been-" "You have always used that against me sayin...
146K 4.8K 74
••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...
922K 43K 49
" I do!!" She said in shaky tone. It was still unbelievable for her that her dad made her deal with a Mafia king just for some pennys. She could see...