Untamed

By beep24

{Book 3 of the "I Never Knew" AU}{Completed!} █▓▒­░⡷⠂"I'M ДDDICΓΞD ΓФ УФЦ; DФИ'Γ УФЦ ҜИФЩ ΓHДΓ УФЦ'ЯΞ ΓФЖIC?"... More

Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Epilogue

Chapter 11

676 22 191
By beep24

***Guys, a double update! What do you know? And with Jaya in it, too! It made me cry, just a little (the Jaya, not the double update LOL).

Unfortunately, I start up college again tomorrow, and I have to work almost every night this week (literally just typed "every night in my dreams...", like from Titanic). That being said, I'll only be able to update a few times this week. Many tears! But trust me, I'm not giving up on this story :) It should be done by next week!

Also, sorry about the cliffhangers, but they make things so much more fun for me :)***

***(Lloyd's POV)***

Riding my motorcycle to the hospital, we're entirely silent. We didn't even get out of school until almost 3:45. Mystaké was literally furious.

On the bright side, Mystaké let Nya and Cole off without suspension. I think she's always had a soft spot for my friend group and me. I'll never know why.

Cole and Nya are stuck in detention for the rest of the week, but at our school, that essentially means quiet time to do homework. Nya won't mind. Cole, on the other hand? He's not a big fan of homework.

We'll see if Kai even lets Nya come in for school after this.

The two idiots who tried to proposition Nya got the same detention sentence. It's going to be fun for them, going home to their parents to explain their bruises.

I slow the vehicle as we reach the hospital parking lot. "So, Nya...I think you're still mad at me."

"Really?" she says in a fake gasp. "I don't know how you could think that. I mean, it's not like you literally believed I posed for inappropriate pictures. Oh, wait! You did."

"I'm sorry," I try. "I know it was stupid."

"You'd be right. And I'm working on forgiving you." She moans into my shoulder. "My life is over, Lloyd."

Cole pulls in next to us, immediately getting out of his vehicle and heading inside.

I look back at Nya. "No, your life's not over. If we take this to the police, I'm sure we can get the pictures tracked and taken down. You're a minor, according to Ninjago City standards, so any websites with those photos up without your consent can be charged."

"But so many people have already seen them," she moans. "I'm going to literally be a laughingstock. I found six sticky-notes in my locker, inviting me to come over for...you know!"

I shift the vehicle into park, standing up abruptly. "Tell me who sent you those notes, and I'll – "

"Uh-huh. Get in line behind Cole. And Kai, as soon as he figures out what happened." She sighs miserably. "I think he took the afternoon off from helping Skylor to come visit Jay with us. That means he's already here. What if he's seen the photos of me already, and I haven't had a chance to explain? I'm going to be in so much trouble, and I didn't do anything!"

I give her a bear hug. "Listen to me, Nya: It's going to be okay. I'll talk to Kai for you, so he won't take his anger out on you directly."

"Really?" She looks up at me, hopeful.

"You bet."

"You're the best," she murmurs, squeezing me tight. "I love you so much."

It's moments like these when I realize the bond between Nya and me, and it scares me. What if I mess things up between us?

So I'm just going to stick with hugging her in return. "I love you, too. Now, let's go see Jay."

She grabs my hand and drags me inside. Ed and Edna texted me Jay's room number, so we head right up the stairs.

Yes, Nya insisted on using the stairs instead of the elevator. She's stalling because she doesn't want to see Kai.

She halts right outside Jay's door, taking a huge breath. "I just need a minute, Lloyd." Pulling out her phone, she pulls up the Chirp social media app.

"Nya..." I try to warn her, but it's too late.

Her face pales at what she sees, and I tear her phone out of her hand. Her screen is filled with inappropriate comments about her body and her worth.

I wince. "I'm so sorry, Nya. If I could, I would – "

She swipes at the tears gathering in her eyes. "It doesn't matter, Lloyd. What's done, is done." She starts to push open Jay's door, but I grab her wrist.

"It's customary to knock first," I say quietly.

"Stupid rules," she mutters, angrily rubbing more tears from her cheeks. She raps on the door.

"Come in," says Edna's voice.

Nya inhales, looking at the ceiling, then shoves open the door, pasting on a smile.

"Nya," Jay says excitedly, his voice rather raw. "You're here! And" – his face falls – "you're crying."

***Music Cue***

She laughs humorlessly. "It's okay, Jay. How are you feeling?"

"Not good, and it's all because you're sad. Wanna come sit with me?"

I roll my eyes. Jay's so much bolder when he's coming off anesthetics.

Nya sniffles, smiles slightly, and sits on the edge of Jay's bed.

Kai stands. "What happened, Sis? Is everything – "

"It's fine, Kai," she grouches. "Everything's fine. It was just something that happened at school."

Jay looks like he's about to cry, too. "Who made you sad?" He twines his fingers with hers.

"I don't know," she answers. "Somebody did some really mean things, though. It's okay now. Cole and I took care of it."

Speaking of Cole...

I look to the corner, where Cole has a video camera running. If he's making a tape of Jay on anesthetics, we're cutting this part out. No way are we going to expose Nya more.

Kai growls. "Did you get the principal involved?"

Nya shoots him an annoyed look. "Yes, Kai, the principal was involved. And I don't intend to go back to school any time soon."

"You can stay with me, since I can't go to school," Jay suggests. "And I can make you feel better. Do you want me to tell you all the things that are amazing about you?"

I hold my breath. This could be interesting.

Nya can't even answer him. All she does is let out a sobbing laugh in response.

"One thing that's amazing about you...is that you're like a living nightlight," Jay smiles. "Whenever you're around me, you make the whole room shine brighter. And you make me so happy inside, I just want to laugh for the whole world to hear and give cotton candy to everyone who wants some."

Nya is literally bawling.

"Don't be upset, Nya," Jay comforts her. "These are good things. Another really amazing trait about you is how you never give up. It makes me want to try harder, too. You also take charge when nobody else wants to, and you're so smart and witty. And I think other girls get jealous of you because you're always the most beautiful girl in the room."

I'm literally speechless. Everyone's always known that Jay likes Nya (besides her, for some reason: she's clueless), but this...

None of us realized that he's actually in love with her.

He gazes into her eyes. "And you wanna know something else special about you? You're magic."

That gets a shaky giggle out of her. "How am I magic?"

"When you touch me, it's like the stars all align and everything's right in the world. And all I wanna do is – "

Kai coughs. "Wow, Jay. That was...something else."

Cole groans. "Kai, you ruined the moment! And to think, it was going to be the perfect video."

Nya rolls her reddened eyes at Cole. "It's not like he actually means any of what he's saying. He's drugged up. He probably thinks I'm Reese Witherspoon in princess form or something."

Jay tugs on her hand, bringing her back to look at him. "Wow! Really? I had no idea you were a princess. But...I meant every word, Nya."

She starts crying all over again and wraps her arms around him. He sighs happily and hugs her back.

Kai taps my shoulder. "Tell me what happened at school," he says in a low voice.

"Later," I promise him. "Not around Nya."

A nurse pops his head in, and Nya pulls back from hugging Jay. She grabs his hand instead.

"Thank you," she chokes out. "Thank you, Jay. You made me feel all better."

"I did?" he exclaims. Then, he frowns. "I don't feel so good. Like, my throat hurts, and I'm cold. And...kind of achy."

Nya scowls and turns to the nurse. "You heard your patient: He's cold and achy. Do your job for once and fix that."

I cough. "Um, sorry, she's had a bad day. But it really would be nice if you could maybe give Jay some more medicine."

The nurse gives Nya a worried look.

He's probably afraid for his life.

"O-of course," he rushes to answer. "Um, but I must insist that a few of you leave the room. There are technically only supposed to be four visitors in here, given that Mr. Walker – um – is easily excitable." He scurries away.

"What's there to be excited about?" Jay beams.

Nya smiles down at him. "You get to pick four people to stay in here and hang out with you, Jay. Who do you want?"

"You," he grins. "Definitely you. And Cole, because he's the best."

"And because I'm getting this on video," the earth ninja adds. "And I'm making copies, lots and lots of copies!"

Jay tears up. "I want my mom."

Edna smiles. "I'm right here, honey."

"No, I want my other mom."

We're all silent. Jay's birth mom left him when he was only five or six. He likes to think that she was an amazing person...but he's really just denying the obvious truth.

She only cared about herself.

Nya squeezes his hand. "I promise, Jay, that if she comes, she can stay in here."

"Really?" he sniffles.

"Really. Now, you get to pick two more people who are here right now."

"Two more?" he asks, his eyes bright.

Somebody's bad at math when he's tired.

The nurse comes back in with a shot of some sort, and Jay frowns. "What's that?"

"It's a shot," the nurse explains. He rubs antiseptic on Jay's arm.

"I don't like shots," Jay whimpers.

I chuckle. I will be coming after Cole for one of these videos.

Nya speaks up. "Jay, we want you to have the shot because it'll make you feel better."

"Do you want me to have it?" he asks, staring deeply into her eyes.

I try not to guffaw.

"Yes," she says softly. "You made me better, remember? And now this shot can do that for you, and I'll be even happier to see you feeling good."

"Okay. I'll do it for you, as long it makes you happy."

She giggles. "Thank you, Jay."

The nurse quickly injects the shot in Jay's arm, and his whole body relaxes.

"Um, about the people limit..." the official says, still giving Nya a wary look.

She brushes Jay's hair from his face. "You get to pick two more people to stay with you, Jay."

He gasps, pointing to the nurse. "Can he stay? You were right, Nya, the medicine they give you here really does feel good!"

Ed frowns. "Edna, I'm afraid our son might be becoming an addict."

Nya, on the other hand, bursts into laughter. "U-um...Jay, you get to pick two more people, plus the nurse."

"I want mom and dad," he beams.

Nya gives me a finger wave. "See you in a few hours, Lloyd."

Kai groans and crosses his arms. "Come on! I get to miss seeing dopey Jay?"

Cole smirks. "Trust me, I'll be posting this on BorgTube. You won't miss a thing."

I sigh, rising to give Nya a side hug. "You'll be okay, right?"

"Just fine. Now, get out of here, you rulebreaker."

As I leave, I hear Jay say, "Nya, do you think they can top me off on this medicine stuff before I go?"

As soon as I get out of Jay's room, Kai has me by the shoulders.

"What happened to my sister?" he growls.

"Um..." I blush. "Somebody – we have no idea who – somehow got photos of her in her...um, underwear?"

Kai's eyes bug, and he curses. "You're kidding me."

"N-nope. And that's not the worst part. So, they, um, printed said pictures off into poster form, then hung them in the cafeteria."

Kai closes his eyes. I'm sure he's mentally counting to five.

"And then my sister was made a laughingstock in front of the whole school?" he seethes.

"Um, y-yes." I rush to get out the rest. "And then these two teenage pervs propositioned her, but she and Cole beat them up, and their only punishment is detention for the rest of the week, but the really bad part is that even though we took down the – "

"What?" Kai shrieks.

As another nurse pushes past us with a heated blanket for Jay, she gives us the evil eye. The one that says "keep the noise down".

Kai composes himself just until she leaves, then he drags me down the hall.

"What, exactly, did these two teenage creeps do?" he asks.

"They...propositioned your sister, and she and Cole went into attack mode. But don't worry, Principal Mystaké was pretty lenient. She let Nya and Cole off with detention for the rest of the week." I clear my throat. "And...there may or may not be pictures of your inappropriately clothed sister all over the Internet and social media."

***(Harumi's POV)***

I walk out of school feeling absolutely awful. I hate myself. I've exposed an innocent girl to ridicule. Who does that?

Suddenly, someone grabs my wrist from around the corner, and I gasp. I'm ready to scream for help, when I see it's –

Chamille.

I sigh. "You scared the life out of me. What's up?"

Her eyes are like lasers on mine. "You brought what I've asked for, right?"

"Um, yeah." I fish around in my backpack and retrieve a paper bag. I don't typically do drugs – only when I really need a buzz – but Chamille's been into them lately. My brother has no idea.

She snatches the bag from me. "Thanks. And let me know if you ever need any more pictures."

I swallow. "No, thanks."

I'd thought it was a brilliant idea to have Chamille, the master of form, pose as Nya for those shots, but not so much anymore. Even if Chamille isn't actually Nya, the pictures show exact replicas of her body.

My friend crosses her arms. "By your reaction, I assume you didn't enjoy what happened today."

"No. I didn't honestly think the photos would get that much attention. I mean, you post that kind of stuff all the time, and it's never gotten that kind of reaction."

She rolls her eyes. "Maybe because I don't paste posters of my half-naked natural body for the entire school to see."

I cringe. "I...need to go." I run off to find my sports car, then gun it out of there.

Mystaké saw right through me. I can feel it. I don't know why she didn't call me out.

Maybe she wants me to come clean myself? But that's definitely not happening. Nya would hate me more than she already does. My parents would send me away, for sure.

And Lloyd wouldn't love me anymore. He's all I have. Well, him and Mrs. Darst, the cook. And maybe Paleman, but we'll see about that.

I breathe deeply. I'll just have to be better. I'll figure out whatever my parents' last wishes were, but I won't do it through the Sons of Garmadon. I'm leaving the gang. I'll find Garmadon on my own – they've never had much success, anyway.

And then, whatever that wish my parents made is, I'll fulfill it. Maybe after that the brokenness inside me can heal, and I'll be ready for a real relationship with Lloyd.

If he still wants me.

As soon as I pull into my garage, I whip out my phone and call his number. He picks up on the third ring.

"Hey, Rumi. What's up?"

"I..."

"Rumi?" he asks. "Are you there?"

"I want a serious relationship," I blurt.

Silence.

"Lloyd?"

"Yeah. Um...would you mind saying that again?"

I take a deep breath. "I want a serious relationship, Lloyd. I want to tell you about my parents and the struggles I've been through, and in return, I want to know your story. You can teach me how to heal. And then maybe we can decide if we want to date or not."

"Wow." That's all he says.

"Um, what do you think?" I ask.

He laughs. "Um, well...I don't think that's a bad idea."

I sigh in relief.

"But Rumi, can we wait until this stuff with Nya has died down a bit?"

The very mention of her name has me feeling gloomy.

He goes on. "It's just...we really need to figure out what happened there and how we can clear my best friend's name. But I'd really love a serious relationship with you. I like you – a lot."

My heart skips, and I squeal. "Really?"

"Yes, Rumi. Can we talk tomorrow?"

"Oh, for sure. You won't regret this, Lloyd!"

There's a knock on my car window, and I freak out. My not-father's angry face stares down at me.

I cough. "Lloyd, I'm going to have to let you go. Um, Mr. Jade needs me."

"Okay, Rumi. Have a good night."

"Bye."

I pull out my car keys and open my door. "May I help you?"

My not-dad clenches and unclenches his hands. "Did you hear?"

My heart drops. Oh, no. He's found out about me and the pictures, or me lying to the police, or me having alcohol at my party.

Man, how much damage can you do in one weekend?

I swallow. "I...don't know what you're talking about."

"Mrs. Darst ran off with our butler," he growls.

My eyes widen. "What?"

"Our cook up and left us, bringing shame to the Jade name! She stole twenty thousand dollars from us!"

I shake my head. "N-no." Mrs. Darst...the one person in my new home who loved me? Who made sure I was eating and gave a rip that I was alive?

I run to the door, throw it open, and go racing down the winding halls. It took me a few months to learn my way around, but I finally know the fastest route to my bedroom.

Up the stairs I go.

I fall on my bed, crying. I trusted her. She was like a second mom to me – Mrs. Jade never has been. I haven't even spoken to her in the past few days. But Mrs. Darst...I really thought she loved me.

And Chamille only wants stuff from me. If she really cared about anyone other than herself, she wouldn't have ever posed for those pictures. And she would have at least tried to hang out with me, right? Not just my brother? Or am I just that unlovable?

And what about Lloyd? Does he –

No, I can't even think that. Of course, Lloyd cares about me. I have to believe that.

My phone buzzes, and I pull it out of my pocket. There's a message notification.

Ultraviolet: COME TO BASE RIGHT NOW

Harumi: why

Ultraviolet: SOMEONE WANTS TO MEET YOU

Harumi: i don't really care

Ultraviolet: YES, YOU DO

Harumi: why

Ultraviolet: IT'S GARMADON

Harumi: ...

Harumi: ...

Harumi: be there in ten

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 97 13
Lloyd Garmadon never wanted to fall in love, not after what happened with Harumi... But what happens when the ninjas meet a new elemental master, a g...
6.1K 109 4
「COMPLETED」 Lloyd and Nya resist Emperor Garmadon's oppressive hold on Ninjago City. Harumi falls down the building, everyone saw her fall, but they...
12.1K 318 19
TW: s3lf h@rm, mentions of su!c!d3 As the son of Garmadon, the total king of evil, villainy was the only thing Lloyd knew. He'd never questioned the...
45.8K 1K 30
(Tw- Language) •☆ "I will always love you... No matter what, Lloyd. But promise me that you will protect Ninjago and our friends." "I promise..."☆• ☆...