Take Me As I Am (Completed)

By myheartsmistake

I don't like One Direction. So can someone please tell me why I'm stuck on a game show with the five boys who... More

Take Me As I Am
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Alternate Ending ~ Nick
Alternate Ending ~ Harry
Alternate Ending ~ Liam
Alternate Ending ~ Niall
Author's Note

Chapter Fifteen

379K 6.9K 793
By myheartsmistake

 Dedication to MrsHaleyBieber. Thanks for your comment! :)

~ Chapter Fifteen ~

"Alright, you know the drill, girls." Miranda called out as we all entered the living room. She started talking to the cameramen, filming some kind of opening lines. 

"Hey, Al!" Simone called out from across the room, an annoying fake smile slathered across her features. "Good luck! Hope you make it!"

I glanced around me wildly, looking for another girl named Al. There was no way that Simone, queen of the fakes, would be wishing me, her sworn enemy, luck.

"Well, er, uh, thanks?" I replied with unsureness, once I realized that she had been talking to me. She giggled and turned away. 

Okay, what was that? 

"It's because the boys are watching," Trinity said under her breath, not sparing a look at me.

"What does that have to do with it, though?"

Trinity almost rolled her eyes at me, her head swiveling towards my direction (no pun intended.) "You're their favorite person here, right now. If she acts like you two get along, they might keep her. Although I'm praying they don't. That girl is faker than diet Dr Pepper."

"Ah," I replied. I noticed that Trin had a slight tremble to her hands, as if anticipating to be sent home. Awkwardly, I put my hand on her shoulder. 

Help, I have no idea how to do this 'comfort' thing!

"It's been another great week! Enjoyed getting to know each of you better," Harry said robotically. 

"Unfortunately, it's that time again.. We have to send five of you home," Liam continued on, his eyebrows furrowing just a bit.

"Just remember that we love all of you and have loved getting to know you guys on a personal level," Zayn said with absolutely no enthusiasm. It was almost amusing.

"So don't be down, keep a smile on your face." Niall added, the only one smiling happily and seeming sincere about the words they had been told to say. 

"We'll be right back with our decisions!" Louis over-exaggerated. 

Within three minutes, most of the cameras, the boys, Miranda and a few other sound people were gone.

Trinity noticed a few girls starting to gossip (AKA boss around everyone around them) and spoke up, "If one of you says something out of spite to any other person here.. Don't forget I'm an excellent sock thrower. Ask my cousin, he had a baseball sized bruise for a week."

Immediately everyone hushed, Trinity letting a victorious grin slide across her features. Ariana and Faith wound their way through a few other girls to Trinity, Andie and I.

"If one of us goes home tonight.. Just remember that I love each and every one of you," Ariana stated firmly, a watery smile on her face. There were unshed tears pooling in her hazel eyes.

"I agree. I got four really good friends out of this experience," Faith said.

"None of us are going to leave tonight. We just have to believe we're all going to stay." Trinity gave us each a stern look.

"But-" I started to say before getting interrupted.

"Even you Al. You love us. You love the food, you love the pool, you love the TV shows. Don't lie. You even somewhat like the boys." Andie laughed with a twinkle in her eye.

"Whatever," I grumbled.

"Sh, they're coming!" Rippled through the girls. We all shared quick hugs with Faith and Ariana before they stumbled their way back towards their standing area. 

It happened the same way as last time, us all standing. Everyone around me waited with baited breath, the boys obviously taking their time in getting ready.

"If we call your name, please come up and accept this exclusive poster of us." Harry forced a small smile on his face.

"The first girl we would like to get to know more.." Niall took a deep breath, before his eyes latched on me.

Aw, c'mon. Not only do I have to stay, I have to be the first girl?

"Al!" Niall continued, a wide grin in place as he held out a poster for me. I kept myself from grumbling as I tried not to trip on the stairs.

"Thanks," I said sarcastically, grabbing the poster and going to the corner.

As I walked past, Louis whispered, "You love us, babe."

"You wish," I shot back quietly, making sure no cameras picked up on it.

They continued with the names. I was happy that Trinity, Ariana, Faith and Andie had also made it. At least I didn't have to suffer alone.

"I'm sorry Macey, Anna, Kendra, Minnie and Samantha. You're all lovely girls. We have a special One Direction package for you." One of the boys said, as the five girls started bawling. 

Everyone started muttering goodbyes and before I knew it, Harry was standing beside me. There was definitely some mischief in his eyes.

"You're going to enjoy this week if it's the last thing I do," he said.

"Why are you torturing me?" I pouted. "That sounds like a punishment."

~

The next day I was eagerly awaiting to be called to where ever the heck we were going, to find out which group I was forced to be in. Whoops, I mean, given the honor of joining.

While waiting, I scrolled through Facebook for the first time in two weeks. It would be about an hour or so before it was announced where we all would be headed, so naturally I was laying in bed in my pajamas on my computer.

56 new notifications and 100 new friend requests? Uh.. I wasn't even sure I had 56 Facebook friends.

Merri Goldman wrote on Al Grate's wall:

Girl! You're so lucky to hanging out with One Direction! Tell them I say hi? Hope you're doing well, we miss you at school!

(Thirty other friends wrote on Al Grate's wall.)

Oh my goodness. People I hadn't talked to, like, ever, were chatting me up. Asking me how I was and if I could slip One Direction their numbers. Jeez, is this what being famous was like? If so, I was not a fan. I pulled up a new status.

Al Grate: Made flat pancakes. Faith also decided to scatter confetti throughout my room. Such a hard life I live. 

Content with that, I ignored the friend requests and clicked out of Facebook.

"Whatchu doing?" Ariana walked into my room, blissfully unaware of the glares I was sending her.

"Catching up on the VlogBrothers and enjoying alone time," I said pointedly. She ignored me and came over to sit next to me.

"We should make you a Twitter," Ariana stated as she yanked the computer away from me. 

I went to protest, but then decided against it. The brunette was determined.

"Okay, let's see. Your name is Al Grate.. Your email.. Okay username.. Ooh. The username AlTheGrate is free," Ariana cackled evilly, as she filled out the form.

"Seriously, what's with everyone filling out forms for me? Hasn't anyone realize that it's not a good idea?" I groaned in exasperation, leaning back onto my fluffy pillow.

Ariana laughed again. "You're an easy target. Okay, ooh, I like this picture.. And you should have books for your header.." 

Just a few minutes later, Ariana was brandishing my computer in front of me, quite obviously proud of the twitter she made me. 

"Now, tweet something."

"Fine."

AlTheGrate: Somebody save meeeeeeeeee.

AlTheGrate: THEY WON'T STOP PLAYING ONE DIRECTION.

"There, you happy now?" I pointed at the screen.

Ariana sighed. "Good enough for now."

"Now, if you're content with the fact you just made me a Twitter, you can go. I'm behind on four VlogBrother videos. Four."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AL'S TWITTER IS REAL! Go follow @AlTheGrate for sarcast tweets ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 6.6K 25
Hi... my name's Ana. Uh... Let's get right into it. I'm from a larger than usual town in England. I, personally, was just minding my own business, an...
1.9K 52 25
When Valentina Rose and Christina Diaz hear that One Direction are going to their school, they dont take it that well... in fact the hate them. what...
950 15 41
When 5 best friends meet 5 boys, otherwise known as one direction, they face a few dilemmas. What if they fall in love with the same guy? Or the guy...
26.1M 340K 60
I am only fifteen...how could this happen to me? I am nerdy-straight 4.0 GPA, never smoked, never done drugs, never had a boyfriend, never had sex, n...