Chapter Forty-One

Dedication to salthearts :)

Chapter Forty-One

The second I stepped off the plane, I felt a rush of freedom. It was also a bit strange, everything had changed since the last time I was here. 

"Over here, Al!!" My mom's voice was the first thing I heard as I entered the baggage claim. I grinned, and I even let her pull me into a tight hug. "Oh my, it's been a while since I've seen you, baby!"

"I know, mom. I'm looking forward to a home cooked meal." I hinted and she smiled back. "I also want to get home and not have an impending meeting with five popstars."

"Darn! I'll make sure I call Justin Bieber, Carly Rae Jepsen, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift and shoo them out of the house before we get close." My mom teased easily as she started pushing me towards the actual baggage claim area. I eyed the different suitcases, before rushing forward to yank my army bag off the spinning thing. 

"Okay, let's go home!" 

Oh, how sweet those words were.

"Wait, is that all you have?" My mom questioned with a raised eyebrow towards my small bag and my small backpack. 

"Yup. They're the exact same as the ones I left with." I replied back with confusion. 

She shrugged before starting to walk again. "I just figured you'd have more things since it was a month."

"Nope. I just rewashed every three days." 

"Dear heavens," she shook her head before pushing me towards the car. We stepped outside, the air hitting me like a ton of bricks. But oh, how sweet it was that I was home.

We were silent on the entire ride home, the passing scenery made me want to scream with joy. I could sense my mother wanting to ask me a thousand questions about the show and what happened. But that was all over now; now I would be able to get on with my life. Not the life of a girl trapped on a TV show with five other popstars.

We arrived at the stereotypical suburb house, white exterior walls with plants lining the edges with a simple grey door. Once the car was parked, I heaved my bag onto my shoulder and raced up into my room. It was exactly the same as I remembered it: various music posters scattered the walls, TFiOS quotes pinned up, a black bedspread, grey carpet, a desk with a swivel chair (the best kind of chair!) and a dresser full of t-shirts and shorts.

"Home sweet home." I said with happiness, throwing my bag onto the mussed up bed.

"Talking to yourself is a bad habit you know." A voice burst into my thoughts, making me jump ever so slightly.

I turned to see three boys, the three boys who had always been  there for me. "Caleb! Devin! Nick!"