Chapter Twenty-Seven

Dedication to @JackyFaber11 :)

Chapter Twenty-Seven

"No. No, no, no. Nononono. No." I repeated myself over and over again as I kind of stared wide-eyed towards Niall. "No. No, no, no. No."

"Um, wow, that was a lot of no's." Niall chuckled and I looked at him strangely. After admitting he liked me, he didn't seem at all offended at my excessive no's.

"Yeah, I kind of feel like Robin from How I Met Your Mother," a grin flashed across my face before it became stone hard again. "But no, seriously. Take it back."

"Take what back?" Niall scrunched up his eyebrows, his blue eyes clouded with confusion. "The fact that I like you?"

"Yes. Take it back. Please."

"I can't just take it back, it doesn't work like that," Niall informed me, the confusion easily replaced with amusement. 

I shrugged. "It could. You take it back and pretend this never happen, then we go inside and eat our body weight in fondue. It's easy. Just please, please, please take it back."

"I'm definitely not used to you saying please," Niall laughed. "But no, I'm not taking it back."

"You don't understand! Now it's going to be this whole 'thing', it'll just change everything. People are going to talk and I'm going to start getting hated, and I just.. Ugh. You can't do that." I stated, my arms crossing as I stared at the blonde, who seemed unfazed by this entire ordeal. Dude, he just admitted to liking me. I thought the whole stereotypical thing was that boys got extremely nervous after announcing something like that?

"Can't do what?"

"Can't like me."

"Too late."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is. I like you."

"Why is it so nonchalant for you to just announce that? You're infuriating!" I snapped, all my emotions completely and totally sky high.

"Thanks," he replied with a wide smile, and I could practically see every single bracket of his braces. 

I grunted, leaning back and deciding looking at his face wasn't helping my frustration. So instead I stared daggers at the ground.

"It's not going to change anything, Ali. I'm not going to go around telling every single person that I like you, okay? So unless you're telling everyone, no one but us is going to know. Do you know how often I actually find a girl I want to spend time to get to know?" He paused and continued only after I shook my head begrudgingly. "Maybe once every six months or so. And most of the girls I find intriguing, end up being brats. You're different. I'm not saying you have to suddenly declare that you feel the same way.. Honestly, I'd much rather you didn't.. Because then you're going against everything I know about you. I'm not suggesting we get hitched and run off and have little Irish babies. I'm simply warning that I'm not giving up on you."