Identity Theft - Rafe Cameron...

By intoxicatedsirens

JJ Maybank x Female OC x Rafe Cameron ๐ˆ๐… ๐ˆ ๐‚๐Ž๐”๐‹๐ƒ ๐–๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐„ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐€ ๐’๐Ž๐๐† ๐“๐Ž ๐Œ๐€๐Š๐„ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๏ฟฝ... More

Epigraph
Meet The Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 27

Chapter 14

10.1K 241 180
By intoxicatedsirens

12 HOURS AGO

"What the hell? It better not be JJ." John B asks Sarah. The two were walking around the carnival when they saw a bunch of cops running.

"Yo guys!" JJ says, running up to John B and Sarah. The three all followed where the cops were running towards and saw the Kooks along with Jade.

"Jade!" Sarah yells, running over to them.

"Sarah call your dad!" Jade yells, the cops were handcuffing all of them. Kelce, Topper, Rafe and Jade.

"My phone's dead!" Sarah yells back.

"Call someone I don't care!" Jade yells back.

"Hey be quiet!" The cop yelled at Jade.

"Sorry!" Jade says, not meaning it.

MORNING - PRESENT

"You still not gonna talk to me?" Rafe asks Jade. They had stuffed all the Kooks into the jail cell.

"You escalated the situation!" Jade yells back.

"My mom's gonna kill me." Topper says, sighing.

"My mom's gonna handle this." Kelce says.

"Michaela's never gonna let us hear the end of it." Jade says.

The Kooks all heard the door open to see Michaela walking in with one of the officers.

"Come on, get your asses up. Now!" Michaela yells at them all. They all got up and walked out to the lobby where their parents were. The Lockes, Ward Cameron, and Dr. Thornton.

"We need you to sign these, to process the payment." A deputy says, handing Ward Cameron a clipboard.

"That won't be necessary, none of you are going to be paying bail.." Mrs. Locke says.

"My law firm is ready to sue the department in a multi million dollar lawsuit for your officers and their use of excessive force along with the emotional distress your department has caused." Mr. Locke continues, handing them a stack of legal papers.

"Oh.. uh I- I think there's been a misunderstanding, I'm going to go get the chief." The deputy says.

"What the hell were you two thinking?" Michaela scorns, looking at Jade and Kelce.

"I didn't do shit! It was Rafe and Topper being smartasses." Kelce says, putting his arms up.

"Baby brother, I'm gonna tell you one thing and you better get this through your thick head. You can't talk to the police like how your rich white friends do, okay? Not if you wanna live." Michaela scorns.

"I-" Kelce says, getting interrupted.

"They don't give a crap if you're rich or poor, you are a black boy in their eyes and that is all you'll ever be in their eyes and they will shoot you down like a dog in the street. Do you understand me?" Michaela scorns.

"He didn't do anything!" Jade defends.

"You've grown up with all this money and all this privilege but you are still black. What do you think would've happened if you were alone?" Michaela says, her arms on her hips.

"Okay, okay. I get it." Kelce says, wanting her to shut up.

"You idiot! You could've died!" Michaela says, tearing up. She slapped Kelce.

"Calm down, it wasn't a big deal. I'm not a pogue!" Kelce says.

"Not a big deal? All the money in the world won't change the fact that those cops shoot down black boys like you all the time. They don't care if you're rich or not! Get that through your head!" Michaela yells.

"Okay, okay." Kelce says.

"Okay, everyone come on. Let's go." Mr. Locke says, walking over to the siblings.

"Possession of a controlled substance?" Ward Cameron asks, reading the paper on Rafe.

"Dad, I can explain." Rafe says.

"Explain what? You're lucky Mr. and Mrs. Locke were here to help you, because if it was me. I would've left you in there." Ward snaps.

"It's not like that!" Rafe pleads.

"Like what? You need to grow up Rafe! Sarah doesn't get into any of this trouble. She doesn't talk back to law enforcement." Ward yells.

"Sarah wasn't even there!" Rafe says.

"I'm disappointed in you, Topper." Dr. Thornton says, crossing her arms.

"I know." Topper says, sighing.

"No bail. No fines. No records. Everyone is walking away like this never happened. You're all very lucky." Michaela announces.

"Should've stayed home." Jade mutters.

"Going home, just in time for Midsummers." Kelce mutters.

"Oh god, don't remind me." Jade groans. Midsummers was tomorrow, and she wasn't ready. Not after everything that happened.

THE LOCKE RESIDENCE - A FEW HOURS LATER

"You don't yell at the police. You answer in yes ma'am or yes sir. You put your arms where they can see them and no matter what: you don't run." Mrs. Locke says. They were all on the couch having a talk.

"I remember this talk. We had it when I was 7." Kelce says, annoyed.

"Well you don't seem to understand it." Mrs. Locke says.

"Mom, he wasn't the one talking back to the cops." Jade says.

"But he was the one who got pinned down wasn't he?" Michaela snaps.

"Y-yeah. I was yelling for them to stop. I'm sorry I-I should've done something." Jade says, her breath getting heavy.

"You're a white girl, and you were defending him, it might've saved his life. While the rest of his dumbass friends were talking back and causing trouble." Michaela says.

"Okay, are we done yet?" Kelce asks.

"Just be careful, and don't do anything stupid." Mrs. Locke says, rubbing her forehead due to stress.

"Okay, okay." Kelce says, tired of all the nagging.

"Get some new friends." Michaela says.

THE DOCKS - EVENING

Jade was down at the docks, just siting down, alone. She desperately needed some alone time.

"Hey!" A voice calls, making her turn around.

"John B?" Jade asks.

"You okay?" He asks. The Pogues had seen everyone getting arrested.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little shaken up." Jade says.

"JJ told me what happened at the movies." John B says.

"Yeah. I was there, sadly." Jade sighs. It was never really awkward between Jade and John B after she moved. She'd see John B working at the Cameron house and they'd have small talk, but they weren't as nearly as close as they were before.

"You helped them, you didn't have to." John B says.

"I didn't. I just didn't want Rafe to get in another one of those useless fights." Jade says.

"Dude, I know you still care about JJ. You don't just throw away all those years for nothing." John B says.

"I have a boyfriend." Jade says.

"Rafe Cameron?" John B asks.

"Sarah Cameron? Yeah I know about that too." Jade asks.

"Rafe is a terrible person." John B says.

"He's not that bad! He's really sweet." Jade says.

"I have a hard time imagining that." John B says.

"It's like there's a different side to him. When he's with the guys he's an ass but when he's with me he's a whole new person." Jade says.

"Regardless of who your boyfriend is.. I think you should fix things with JJ. I gotta mission and I really wanna get you back for it." John B says.

"Mission?" Jade asks.

"I'm gonna find the gold that was on the royal merchant." John B says.

"JB it's been like 200 years..." Jade says.

"I know, but I can do it. I got all the stuff to find out. We're gonna go full kook and get a big ass house for all of us to live in." John B says.

"The Pogue house?" Jade laughs.

"Yeah and we're gonna get a yacht too." John B says.

"And the t-shirt company?" Jade asks. It was a thing Jade and JJ made up when they were kids.

"And the t-shirt company." John B reassures.

"I'm still not talking to JJ." Jade says.

"Come on, we can get the whole gang back together." John B says, trying to convince her.

"Maybe. I need some time to think on it." Jade says.

"You better hurry before we find the gold." John B says.

A/N:
Thanks for 18.3k❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 26K 53
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
815K 32.6K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...
1.4M 32K 60
In which Daniel Ricciardo accidentally adds a stranger into his F1 group chat instead of Carlos Sainz.
570K 9K 125
You can clearly tell who my favorite drivers are....