Chapter 15

MIDSUMMERS PT I

After the drama of the last few days, they were finally at Midsummers. The event of the summer.

"I really liked the blue one." Michaela says as the family approached the country club.

"That one was literally a ball gown!" Jade snaps back.

"It's midsummers not the met gala." Kelce says.

"Okay everyone on their best behavior tonight." Michaela says, ordering Jade and Kelce.

"Yeah yeah whatever." Kelce says.

"Yes ma'am." Jade says, sighing.

"You would've color coordinated with Rafe if you picked the blue one." Kelce says.

"Which was why I didn't." Jade says.

"Oh come on! You gotta let him off the hook." Kelce says.

"No! He's never gonna change! He does something, I ask him not to do it.. he does it again!" Jade says.

"Is asking for him to stop starting fights too much?" Jade asks. Even if Kelce was one of the people who were in the fights as well.

"Oh wait.. you get in those fights too." Jade realizes.

"It's just guy stuff man! You know those Pogues." Kelce says.

"I'm gonna go find Sarah." Jade says, walking away from Kelce who was on his way to Topper. She saw Pope working and was going to talk to him about the JJ before Kiara got in the way.

"Excuse me sir? Do we have to shuck these ourselves? Cause it might mess up my costume." Kiara asks, faking an English accent. Causing Pope to turn around from the grill. She was waiting for Kiara to leave Pope so Jade could talk to him.

"We wouldn't want that now, will we?" Pope asks putting on a really bad accent, a smile forms on his face. The two did the Pogue handshake.

"That accent was bad." Pope says, reflecting on his own accent.

"Yeah, it was. I was gonna let it go. You ever seen this many kooks in one place?" Kiara says, going back to her normal voice.

"Yeah, last year, and the year before that." Pope comments.

"We're in the lion's den. I have to eat dinner with them soon and make stupid small talk." Kiara complains.

"You'll pull through." Pope says, closing the grill.

"Hey, have you heard from JJ?" Pope adds.

"No..He'll be alright. He's got the survival instincts of a cockroach." Kiara says, dismissive.

"What happened to JJ?" Jade asks, overhearing that they mentioned him.

"Why do you care?" Kiara snaps at her.

"I just asked a question." Jade says.

"It's all my fault, I'm the one who did it." Pope says.

"You didn't do this Pope. Topper almost killed you remember?" Kiara says. Their conversation stopped when the Cameron family made their entrance, Sarah walked in alone.

"Pope! What happened to JJ?" Jade says, trying to get Pope's attention.

"Nothing." Pope says, avoiding her.

"Why are you so nosy?" Kiara asks.

"I knew JJ before any of you ever did!" Jade says.

"Yeah, knew." Kiara says.