Chapter 13

THE LOCKE RESIDENCE

A WEEK LATER

"There's a carnival happening today." Kelce says, walking into the living room where Jade was watching Netflic.

"Where? I didn't hear anything about it." Jade says, continuing to watch tv.

"It's in the mainland. I'm going with the guys later. You should come, it'll be fun." Kelce says.

"Is Rafe going?" Jade asks.

"Yeah." Kelce nods.

"Then count me out." Jade says, she was still mad at Rafe for the fight.

"Oh come on if you're mad at him you gotta be mad at me too." Kelce says.

"Who said I wasn't?" Jade asks.

"You haven't talked to him in a week." Kelce says.

"I have plans with Sarah." Jade says.

"Sarah's going with Top to the carnival." Kelce says.

"So you want to be a fifth wheel?" Jade asks.

"I'm not! I just want Rafe to stop whining like a little bitch." Kelce says.

"Guess he's my bitch now huh?" Jade jokes.

"Yeah he went from pimp to simp for you." Kelce says.

"So?" Jade asks, not seeing the big deal.

"He never does that." Kelce says.

"Okay, you know what? Fine." Jade says, giving in.

THE CARNIVAL

The Kooks had all gotten off the Ferry and were on their way to the Carnival. There was some tension between Sarah and Topper, who had been fighting this past week too. It just looked like all of the couples were fighting this week for some reason.

"Hey, you wanna go on that?" Sarah asks Jade, giving the two an excuse to leave the boys

"Yeah." Jade nods.

"We'll catch up with you guys later." Sarah says to the boys as they all went their own ways.

"Jesus I thought they'd never leave." Jade says.

"I don't think it's gonna work out with Top anymore." Sarah admits as the two got in line.

"What?" Jade asks, confused.

"There's someone else." Sarah says.

"Someone else?" Jade asks, raising her eyebrows.

"Don't tell anyone. I went to Chapel Hill with John B the other day." Sarah says.

"Was that the day you went MIA?" Jade asks.

"Yeah." Sarah nods.

"So what did you guys do? Wait don't tell me I don't wanna know." Jade says, scrunching her face in disgust.