Chapter 22

THE CAMERON RESIDENCE

Jade was at Tannyhill with a bag full of Rafe's clothes. They weren't hers to keep anymore and she needed to return them sooner or later. She was on the lawn when she saw Rafe with his bike.

"It's all of your stuff." Jade says, putting the bag down on the ground. There were a few hoodies and a couple of t-shirts. 

"You can keep it." Rafe says, bending down about to snort a line of cocaine.

"I don't- I don't want it." Jade says.

"Whatever." Rafe says.

"You gonna give me a bump, big boy?" Barry says, approaching Rafe.

"Man, check out this place though huh?" Barry adds.

"Hey Barry. Barry. Hey, man." Rafe says. He didn't have the money that he owed Barry.

"It's fancy! It's a nice place to live. You gotta pretty girl here too." Barry says, confronting Rafe.

Jade didn't know what to do, she just froze.

"Listen okay, I don't have your money. Alright uh you shouldn't be here right now." Rafe says, stuttering.

"I'm right here. You wanna know why?" Barry threatens.

"Just give me till the weekend, okay? All I- All I need you to do is front me more coke I got a guy coming this weekend. It's cool, right?" Rafe had planned a party for this weekend in order to make back the money he owed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. How come you got all this nice shit though? Can you tell me that?! You ain't got my money but you got all this nice shit." Barry says, getting up in Rafe's face.

"What the hell's going on?" Jade asks, sensing that something was wrong.

"You gotta a pretty girl, be a shame if someone messed up her face." Barry mutters.

"Look man we're not even together, she fu-" Rafe says, cut off by Barry lunging at Jade. He grabbed her wrist and burning it on the muffler.

"How's that feel princess?" Barry asks.

"P-Please stop!" Jade cries out. The burn was cooking her wrist alive.

"Yo c'mon Barry chill out! I'll get you your money." Rafe says, pleading.

"That's just the coming attractions baby boy. Consider this shit right here your down payment. You got three days." Barry says, taking his bike and leaving.

Jade was on the ground wincing and crying in pain. She felt her breathing get heavier and her heart racing. She couldn't believe what just happened.

"Shit." Rafe says, crouching down.

"How bad is it?" Rafe asks, trying to see.

"Leave me alone!" Jade yells.

"Shit I'm sorry." Rafe says.

"You can't even handle your own shit!" Jade cries.

"What do you want from me?! I'm fucking trying here and you're not letting me help!" Rafe asks.

"You've already done enough, just go." Jade sighs.

"C'mon just let me take you to the hospital or something," Rafe says.

"I'll be fine, I can take care of myself," Jade says.

A FEW HOURS LATER 

THE BOAT

"Code Red!" Pope says.

"What the hell is going on?" Kiara yells.

"JJ and John B conked out in the marsh and they need a tow." Pope says.