TENDING TO THE STORM

By winnychiamzy

Elizabeth Elliot has been through foster care for so long and 4 years ago,she was set free. Trying to piece h... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
EXTRA CHAPTER
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
BONUS CHAPTER
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
BONUS CHAPTER
CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER 9

604 11 0
By winnychiamzy

Hey guys,its me again. Bringing another chapter to your doorstep.
I know this quarantine has been good for some and bad for others but for me,writing always helps me feel sane,so I hope that it brings you joy reading it. If that makes sense😂.
Anyway...Enjoy and don't be a silent reader.I would love to interact with some of you guys even though am just starting out.
Okay enough talking... 😇
Disclaimer:am not in any way Spanish,but I try my best to make sure they come out alright but if you notice any misspellings or anything,please notify me right away. Thanks😘.

--------------------------------------------------
The blinding light streamed in as the curtains were being folded back, Lizzy put up her arm to shield her burning eyes.
"subir y brillar, carino"
"Good morning"she yawned and groaned as she stretched her limbs.
"what time is it? "she stared around the sunlight lit room.
"eso es 9:45am" Louisa with a caring smile answered.
All Lizzy understood was the '9:45am' and she sprang to her feet,jumbling her thought processes as to why she woke up so late.
Louisa tried to back her in to the bed trying to calm her.
"dominar es no alrededor.El dijo a descanso."she said in a hurry which gained a look of confusion on Lizzy's face and a protest from her as she tried to go around her which was proving to be an annoying feat.
She tried reasoning with Lizzy which didn't do much because she was still struggling to outpace her.
"permanecer calma!"she held Lizzy by her shoulders and urged her to sit back down.
"I don't understand what you're saying!"Lizzy cried.
Lizzy saw the flash of hurt on Louisa face and immediately regretted her outburst. She sat back down at the edge of the bed.
"Am sorry,it..."
She apologized.
"It alright, Miss Elizabeth."she cut her off.
Joining Lizzy on the edge. They both observed a moment of silence before Louisa finally broke the ice.
"I understand you. But master, he go out and said not to disturb you. He say,he will be back" she informed her.
Lizzy could only nod her response. When her eyes landed on the Perusian glass round table in the middle of the room. Bold red letters in capital letters. She stood and advanced towards the object of interest where it lay face down on the floor haphazardly. It must have been kicked off the bedside table during her frantic attempts to leave .
'MULTIBILLIONAIRE, MR. BLAKE STONE'S SECRET GIRLFRIEND SIGHTED'
below was a picture of her and Mr. Stone as they both left their work building that night.His hands were placed around her back and the proximity spoke volumes.
The streetlights shone on her face, accentuating her face to a great degree. It couldn't have been missed.
As she read the artice,she become more outraged sentence by sentence:
"The lovely couple stepped out of their office looking all loving and inseparable. One can understand what might have transpired before they got down at the latest hours of the night. It is no secret of Mr. Stone's public display of promiscuity.
Everybody is wondering who the lady in question is? WHO IS SHE?
Will they continue to keep their relationship under wraps or finally give us the truth we all demand?
One thing is for sure, she isn't like the stereotypical class of women that had clung to the all time bachelor and playboy, Mr. Blake stone.
Mr. Blake has dated wide range of women, ranging from supermodels to upperclass heiresses. None ever passing the limit of a few weeks.
"where will this particular reationshil be headed to?will she finally be the one to tie down one of the most eligible bachelors in this country?or will she just end up as one of the notches on his bedpost?
The couple...
Lizzy slammed the newspaper on the glass table feeling very insulted and angry.
Who the hell was that reporter to make assumptions about her character much less Mr. Stone's.

Louisa watched Lizzy as she paced around the room,pausing occassionally to run her hands through her raven love in what looked like blazing fury.
This went on for a short while before Louisa got up and stop Lizzy in her tracks as she was about to make another detour round the room the umpteenth time,forcing her to look into her eyes.

Lizzy sighed defeatedly and her eyes watery from unshed tears.
She pulled Lizzy in an embrace as she sobbed quietly obviously trying to hide It as if it showed her weakness.she tapped lightly on Lizzy's back for comfort until she felt better.
Two tear rolls later, another comforting embrace and they were downstairs sitting across each side of the island as she watched Louisa work and later on helping her , getting lost in the magic of cooking.
🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸
An agitated Blake walked into the house, clutching his briefcase with such force that should have broken the handle had it not been made partially of leather.

Frustrated, he plopped down on the nearest white porcelain white couch and took off his tie hurriedly as if it were strangling his neck.
Today had not gone well at all. Even though his lawyer would disagree. Although Blake couldn't consider it a victory until the reporter who had wrote all those nasty things in the paper about Lizzy would be found and sued.
The sound took him by surprise.He headed to the direction of the sound into the kitchen where the sounds of merry laughter could be heard.And there she was giggling, her hands covered in flour.She giggled some more at something Louisa whispered to her as she punched the bowl of dough.
She had her back to him but he could see the blush and smile that brightened up her face as she threw hack her head laughing so hard it hurt.
He didn't know how long he was standing there but he just couldn't make his presence known just yet. The sound of her laughter, the curve of her lips, the way her eyes shone warmed his heart. He was fixated on the beautiful lady in front of her.
This was the first time he ever heard her laugh.The most she's given ever given him was a smile.

His reverie was cut short by someone clearing their throat.
"dominate tu' son espalda"
Louisa stated.

He composed himself afraid that his earlier expression would be afraid giveaway.
Lizzy spun her head so fast in surprise that the bowl of dough almost knocked over. Luckily, she hurriedly saved it.

He crossed over the opposite side of the island and took a sit with one hand clutched under his jaw as he eyed them inquisitively.

"what were you guys talking about? "he said,his gaze falling on Lizzy.
Which bought the smile back to her face.
she giggled.
"Louisa here... "she eyed Louisa who was smiling triumphantly some feet away from her stirring a pot of what looked like 'Pico de Gallo sauce'.
Lizzy spilled out all the information given to her over the past hour.
"...she was just telling me of the time you ate burnt tortillas because your girlfriend at the time wanted to impress you"
Blake's face conceited in utter horror, his eyes wide.
He turned his gaze to the grinning Louis staring back at him while he was there trying to melt away from embarrassment.

"Como podria to contar su es topo de cosas!"
He cried out.
"tu tener a admtir sus gracioso"the older woman said chuckling as she got back to her stew stirring.

Lizzy watched the exchange between them and burst out laughing at the horrified expression on Blake's face. He looked like a child who just saw a ghost without the screaming, which was kind of cute...
She banished the thoughts as soon as they came and focused on continuing her story.
Much to Blake's dismay
"Then... Then.."He raised a hand to silence her and her hysterical laughter.
"I don't think I want to know anymore"he stood
"but why?.."
She pouted just to rile him up some more.
But he rushed off without so much of a word. The only sounds they heard was the footsteps up the stairs.
And the two women burst out laughing.
🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸
Later that evening...
They all gathered to have their dinner.

His gaze fell on Lizzy,who was putting on another one of his shirts which was again larger than her.With her hair pulled in a pony tail and her face devoid of makeup she looked just like an angel and he buried his under the table to avoid reaching out to her across the table.

Dinner was a little quiet with all of them occasionally making small while they ate. After they said their grace ,Louisa reluctantly retired to her bedroom after she so politely guilted Lizzy to do the dishes tonight.

The only ones left in the dinning room was Blake and Lizzy who stood up to clear out the dishes and get the washing done as soon as possible.So she can safely put some distance between her and the man who was constantly invading her thoughts.
When she heard the door close,she breathed a sigh of relief.
"trying to get rid of me"she jumped and gasped as she heard the voice directly behind her. She could feel the heat radiating from his body. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head on her slim shoulder.

"My clothes look so good on you"

He whispered close to ear, breathing in her scent.
Lizzy just stood there frozen. Feeling his breath tingled her skin.
He caressed her flat stomach moving higher. Pulling her senses back, she stepped away from his arms.Moving away from the sink and him.

He drew closer as she took a step backwards. He kept moving forward anytime she stepped backwards until she was backed up against the cabinet.

She tries to sidestep him but he stopped her with both of his hands by her side.
Drawing his face closer to hers, he went in for a kiss which he moved her face away.

He pulled away puzzled.
"what is wrong with you? "he asked
She turned to face him directly looking straight into eyes.
"I don't want to be another notch on your bedpost"she said air quoting the words.
"you can't be serious?! "he was asked sternly.
"why? "she was fully facing him now as she pushed herself off the cabinet.
"you don't really mean that? "he searched her eyes for the answer and he found nothing but cold glints in her beautiful blue eyes.
No response from her. He held her shoulders and shook her.
"don't you realize you're more than that to me?!"
He snapped.
She tried to push his hands off her, fuming now.
She screamed
"oh really...I didn't notice because, every time I've been with you,all you do is kiss me quite frankly without my permission ."her bitter words biting into him.

He released her and folded his arms to avoid touching her again
"so you're going to deny that we are attracted to each other? "
He asked. The expression on his face cold.

"No!... Yes!... I don't know"she blutered out confused.
He appeared to be unmoved.
"well ,make up your mind because in a few seconds I'll be walking out of here"
She sighed defeatedly
He nodded clearly hurt.
Walking out,he spoke over his shoulder
" You can stay here as long as you like, till the heat dies down. "
With that he left, leaving her feeling dejected. She shivered but moved to finish up the dishes.

--------------------------------------------------
And that's the chapter guys hope you enjoyed it.

As promised a few translations from the chapter.
*subir y brillar, carino-rise and shine, darling

*permanecer calma-calm down.

*como podria to contar su ese topo de cosas-how could you tell her that kind of stuff .

So what are your thoughts on this chapter. It was super long right😰.My fingers ache from typing so much.

So the next chapter coming up would be a little short. 😁
Just let me know how much you like the chapter and kindly share.
Have a great day... 😘😉😴

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

821 0 43
Elizabeth Cole has just started her job at Rylan Enterprises. She is the new financial manager. After working her ass off to get her degree and get a...
2.5M 87.5K 27
# Book 3 in Billionaire Romance Series # Aylin Stone, had always thought her life to be a circus. With a job that barely payed her bills, A asshole...
956 45 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...
61.2K 2.3K 34
"So what do you want", I said, looking into his deep green eyes. "I thought it was obvious. I want you, and I'm going to get you". "And what makes yo...