Ash the Dragon Specialist

By kurenohikari

"Tell me Ash, would you like me to teach you about pokemon? About how to take care of them? Cure them when th... More

When it all began
Growing up
Life Choices
A new friend
Of best friends and homesickness
There's more to training than just power
Are you ready?
Interlude: Ele's P.O.V
The evolution mystery
Jealousy and Friendship
Kalos - Mega Evolution Part I
Kalos - Mega Evolution Part II
I am back!
Kalos - Mega Evolution Part III
Kalos - Vacation
Back to School
Senior Year - Part I
Senior Year - Part II
Senior Year - Part III
An explosive start
Interlude II: Landon's P.O.V
A Grand Debut
The Rock Gym
Interlude III: Agni's P.O.V
The Encore
A Flame Ignited
The Grass Gym
A Rival Makes an Appearance
Having fun on stage!
New Beginnings
Adventures along the way
Still Standing
Hope and Fear
The Fighting Gym
One Deep Breath
Lake Valor
Nature's Collection
Tiger Lily
The Ghost Gym
Interlude IV: Aeolus' P.O.V
The Steel Gym
One Step Closer
PokeRinger
The Ice Gym
The Pyramid
The Water Gym
Twinleaf Festival
The Countdown Begins
Interlude V: Drako's P.O.V
The Electric Gym
The Grand Festival - Part I
The Grand Festival - Part II
Lily of the Valley Conference - Part I
Lily of the Valley Conference - Part II
Lily of the Valley Conference - Part III
Lily of the Valley Conference - Part IV
Aloha!
Home Sweet Home
The Trio Badge
The Journey Continues
The Basic Badge
Interlude VI: Astrape
The Insect Badge
Don't Poke the Sleeping Dragon
Matters of the Heart
Pokemon Club Battle Tournament - Part I
Pokemon Club Battle Tournament - Part II
The Bolt Badge
Interrlude VII: Bruce's P.O.V
The Quake Badge
Ruins
The Jet Badge
Interlude VIII: Ares' P.O.V
The Freeze Badge
Marigold's Choice
Mom! I'm Home!
The Legend Badge
Reports
Hoenn Grand Festival
The Ball of Dreams and Love
Eeveelutions Everywhere!
The Vertress Conference - Part I
The Vertress Conference - Part II
The Vertress Conference - Part III
The Vertress Conference - Part IV
The Vertress Conference - Part V
Dreams Come True
Interrlude IX: Nephele's P.O.V
And This Makes Ten
The Ghost Master
The Fighting Master
The Dark Master
The Psychic Master
Interlude X: Chione's P.O.V
The Champion
The Coronation
Apologies and Challenges
Breaking News!
The Grand Finale

Finally, the trio is complete!

5.6K 144 36
By kurenohikari

"Ok, students, now that you have chosen your pokemon we will be moving towards the training field where your senior schoolmates will be there to guide you through the ropes of taking care of a pokemon. Whatever you need to know they will be there for you. To learn how to train them or what kind of food they'll like, telling you about their previous experiences with pokemon." Their homeroom teacher, Amanda, told the students. "As we have an even out number of students two of you will have to share the same mentor. Ash, Celeste, I am sorry, but you will have to share. As you two already possess pokemon I believe you won't suffer from the decision. Your mentor will be Cilan Dent, as no one in this classroom chose a bug pokemon we don't have anyone to pair him with. Not to mention that he is the top student in this school and the only one qualified to help out and make the most with the spectrum of abilities that Eevee possesses. It also happens that we do not have any senior with a dragon pokemon and the only one that knows enough not to be endangered while helping you train is Cilan."

"It's ok, sensei," Ash replied with a big smile, quite happy about the predicament. "Cilan and I are best friends!"

"I also don't mind," Celeste added, blushing slightly for being the focus of attention again.

"Lucky," Ashley muttered.

"Good," replied Amanda. "Then, let's get going."

As the class marched after their teacher, towards the training field. Ash slowed his step so he would end up at the back of the group alongside Ele and Celeste- who had taken out her Espeon and Umbreon.

"Hi," Ash greeted her, shily.

Celeste looked at him, surprised by his uncharacteristic shyness, and greeted him back with a slight blush: "Hi."

"I... I saved Ele too," he blurted out, taking her by surprise once again. Umbreon and Espeon looked at the boy shocked as well, then their gaze turned towards the big dragon- not believing their ears. "I... I mean, I understand the feeling." He corrected himself with a blush. "The feeling of powerlessness at knowing that your dear friend was hurt, and you couldn't do anything about it until after the fact. The anger at those who hurt our family... the fear of that ever happening again."

"The helplessness when they have nightmares about their days of captivity," Celeste continued, more collected and serious. "What's her story?"

"Dragon Trafficking Ring," he answered, chuckling humorlessly at her flinch and her pokemon's growls. "My feelings exactly. Ele was only a Swablu back then, she fought with all her might to get out and managed it. I found her in the forest, near my town, with a broken wing, and told Professor Oak about it. He later had the whole venture shut down. She was forced to be on the ground for over a month and when she was finally able to fly again, she was scared to do it. It took her weeks before being able to return to the sky."

"Nephele? The same Altaria that flies as if she was born in the sky and belongs up there?" Celeste inquired not believing the same pokemon that dances in the sky with such grace, once had a problem with it. "You truly understand me," she then said in wonder, seeing the truth in his eyes.

"I do... and I would like you to be my friend," he proposed, shily.

"I would like that too," she smiled back.

"Ok, students you now know who you are with, pair up!" Amanda called out, startling the new pair of friends. They were so focused on their conversation that they didn't notice when they've reached the training field and the teacher giving out the mentor list. They were lucky they already knew who they were paired up with. "Now each of you find your mentor and get to know them and your pokemon. You'll have the whole day to do so."

"Ash!" Cilan called out to his friend, as the rest of the students dispersed. "And you must be Celeste," he smiled charmingly at the girl, who this time did not blush because of shyness but because of how handsome the green-haired boy was. "I reserved our tree," he told Ash, who smiled brightly. "There, no one will bother us and we can take out all of our pokemon."

"Come, you'll love it there!" Ash told Celeste as they followed Cilan. Once they got there, Ash took out Ladon and Axew's Poke Balls and threw them in the air. "Come out guys!" Celeste followed his example and suddenly there were three Eevee's alongside her other pokemon. "Ele why don't you explain what's going on to the others."

His Altaria agreed as the humans turned towards the older boy. What none of them knew was that Ele told the other pokemon everything. Even the part that: if you are a good match once you graduate, you'll end up becoming part of the team. Umbreon and Espeon looked very pleased with that news, as one of their daughters had fallen for the male Eevee and they did not want them to part ways after a few years. Ladon himself was very pleased with the news too, he will no longer be the youngest one! Not to mention that his new little brother is very cute!

"So, I believe it is my time," Cilan said, "Come out Pansage, Leavanny!"

"Wow!" Both Ash and Celeste looked at Leavanny with wonder, it was the first time seeing one in person. Most of the Academy's population was used to seeing Pansage during recess as the monkey never left Cilan's side outside of class.

"So pretty," murmured Celeste, making the Bug/Grass pokemon blush and bow pleased by the compliment.

"Ok, I want you both to read the info of your new pokemon, but I would also like you Celeste to use your Pokedex on your other pokemon. I already know Ash's other pokemon and his training style, you have me at a disadvantage." Cilan told them.

"Got it," Ash replied. "I'll go first," he offered seeing Celeste look away shily.

Just like in the classroom his Pokedex read:

Pokemon : Axew.

Gender : Male.

Ability : Mold Breaker.

Type : Dragon.

Move set: Leer, Bite, Scary Face, False Swipe, and Slash.

The pokemon knows the egg moves Endeavor and Night Slash.

NOTE : The egg moves have yet to be unlocked.

"Mold Breaker?" Cilan hummed with a smile on his lips. "You and your luck, Ash," said the boy chuckled sheepishly, as his pokemon praised Axew who basked in the compliments. "You're up next."

"I'll go in this order: Umbreon, who I nicknamed Nyx, Espeon, Dolos, older twin Eevee with a blue bow, Naiad, younger twin Eevee with a red bow, Hestia, and the newest Eevee, Zeus," Celeste explained.

"So, the Goddess of Darkness, the personification of deception and tricks, a water nymph, the Goddess of the Hearth and the God of Lightning... quite suiting names. Let me guess the male Eevee wants to evolve into a Jolteon." Ash chuckled.

"I was expecting you to realize it, after choosing the names Nephele and Ladon," Celeste commented.

"I was even thinking of naming Axew Drako in honor of Drakaina," Axew started to jump excitedly. "It seems he likes it," Ash laughed. "Then Drako will be."

"It is a good name," she said, finally taking out her Pokedex and reading her team.

Pokemon : Umbreon.

Gender : Female.

Ability : Synchronize.

Type : Dark.

Move set: Tackle, Quick Attack, Dig, Bite, Swift, Take Down, Body Slam, Sand Attack, Endure, Substitute, Agility, Work Up, Stored Power, Helping Hand, Double Kick, Crunch, Assurance, Dark Pulse, Foul Play and Shadow Ball.

Pokemon : Espeon.

Gender : Male.

Ability : Magic Bounce.

Type : Psychic.

Move set: Tackle, Quick Attack, Dig, Bite, Swift, Take Down, Body Slam, Sand Attack, Endure, Substitute, Agility, Work Up, Stored Power, Helping Hand, Double Kick, Confusion, Psybeam, Power Swap, Future Sight, and Psychic.

Pokemon : Eevee.

Gender : Female.

Ability : Adaptability.

Type : Normal.

Move set: Tackle, Quick Attack, Dig, Bite, Swift, Take Down, Body Slam, Sand Attack, Endure, Substitute, Agility, Work Up, Stored Power, Helping Hand, and Double Kick.

The pokemon knows the egg move Wish.

NOTE : The egg move has yet to be unlocked.

Pokemon : Eevee.

Gender : Female.

Ability : Anticipation.

Type : Normal.

Move set: Tackle, Quick Attack, Dig, Bite, Swift, Take Down, Body Slam, Sand Attack, Endure, Substitute, Agility, Work Up, Stored Power, Helping Hand, and Double Kick.

The pokemon knows the egg move Detect.

NOTE : The egg move has yet to be unlocked.

Pokemon : Eevee.

Gender : Male.

Ability : None.

Type : Normal.

Move set: Tackle, Sand Attack, Dig, Bite, and Swift.

The pokemon knows the egg move Tickle.

NOTE : The egg move has yet to be unlocked.

"It seems that you already have a specific method to handle Eevee's," commented Cilan, impressed by the methodic procedure that such a young student, other than Ash, had. "You chose a varied selection of moves that taught your pokemon to be agile, defensive, and offensive, both long-range and short-range. They must be some kind of requirement before they are allowed to evolve, so you can bring out the most of your pokemon in every stage of their evolution. Why haven't you evolved the girls yet?"

"I... they still need to master the moves and improve their speed and strength." She answered, surprised by how with so little information he was capable of deducing her training plans so fast. "Though they already have stamina and grace down," she continued, more collected now. So, this was the youngest Pokemon Connoisseur. "I also don't have any of the evolutionary stones to do so. Though I will make sure to find them during summer when I get back home, they will both be ready to evolve for next year."

"Good. I suppose you'll use the same methods with... Zeus, was it?" Cilan asked.

"Yes, Zeus. And no," she answered. "While the training plan is the same, to bring out the best of an Eevee, one needs to know that each Eevee is different, and the methods I use are different for each other. Heck, Naiad and Hestia cannot be more different! One move that was easy for one will be difficult for the other. I might have trained them together, side by side, but their training was completely different... just like them." Her shy behavior going away as she talked about her pokemon.

"Good," Cilan hummed and smiled, pleased by the answer. As if she had been put to the test and passed with flying colors. "I am also sure you already have a plan for Drako, Ash."

"You know it!" He exclaimed back.

"Then let's start!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 82 15
In this story male main character is Satoshi( Ash) Ketchum and female main character is Serena Yvonne In this story one boy who live in pallet town...
110K 4K 80
A 10-year-old boy, with a goal to become a Pokemon Champion, sets out on a journey across the Kanto Region. A journey charged with friendships, fun...
7K 163 16
[This version of the story is no longer being updated. Click on profile to find the rewritten version, or copy and paste the link in the a/n.] ~ [Nam...
89.9K 1.2K 21
After losing to Alain at the Kalos League, Ash went back to Kanto only to get betrayed by his so-called friends, including Serena. Believing they wer...