Spy school treasure hunt (DIS...

By Hycoon

Ben found out that the trophy of Nathan hale leads to the treasure of Nathan Hale himself, the treasure datin... More

Spy school treasure hunt
Recap: the Lost treasure (Prologue)
Preparation and touring
Rockclimbing
Up, Ledge, Repeat
Rescue and search
Talk and Showdown
Escape
Reunion
Rule the world
Information and Chase

The American Seal

389 15 25
By Hycoon

Like I said in my last book, if you want to listen to the music while reading, then do it, but if you can't focus, just turn it off later, happy reading! :))

1536 hours

December 8th

Fort Ticonderoga

Ben POV

Ok, first of all, this is ridiculous," Mike said.

We were heading back towards Fort Ticonderoga to get the clue. To be exact, everybody thought this was ridiculous that Nathan Hale hid the treasure.

Cyrus was annoyed the most. "My ancestor did not find the treasure of a Spanish ship, and if he did found it, he must have told it to his son, which is my grandfather."

"Maybe he kept it super-secret," I said. 

"Maybe Bens right," Erica said. "The treasure must be real because he found it in the trophy"

"But maybe SPYDER put the note in the trophy to lure us into a trap," Cyrus said, now annoyed at Erica for believing in me.

"It's almost impossible for the trophy to be broken apart to put the fake clue then rebuilt again, then it would pop off easily, but it didn't, so it must be real"

Cyrus stared at the ground then said: "Ok, if you think the treasures real, go at it, but I'm gonna leave"

"Grandpa!" Erica said in shock.
But Cyrus just walked away.

"Oh crud," Dillian replied

Catherine then looked at me. "I don't think the treasures real dear, maybe Cyrus is right"
She then also walked away too. Alexander then came next.

Then the whole school followed them except for us.

"Ok, so it's now only the 8 of us," I said.

"It's ok, we can still figure it out," Jawa said. "So wheres the location of the first clue?"
"It's back in the Ticonderoga museum," I said. 

We continued to walk until we arrived at the fort. We then went into one of the old houses and searched for artifacts.

But this was easy.

"Ben," Erica said.

"huh?" I replied.

"Are you talking about the American seal?" Erica said.

I was unsurprised by this, partly because Erica was a great problem solver.

"Yeah, and Im heading towards the 13 arrows and an olive branch display case over here"
I pointed at the display where I had last seen and been. In there were thirteen arrows and an olive branch.

Erica looked at the clue. "There must be something underneath here," She said.
I had already been here before. When Erica was finding the cannonball to rescue Cyrus and the others, I had looked at this display, while looking at the trophy. 

I examined the display again. There were 13 arrows and an Olive branch.

Erica then punched the stand of the display. It sort of loosened.

"There must be something here,"  Erica said. She then punched it again. The white plates fell off, revealing an old combination lock with a cabinet-type door.

"Great, now we got a combination lock with a random number that no one knows," Zoe said disapprovingly.

"This has four number panels," Erica said.

I then immediately thought of something.

"It's 1782," Erica and I said at the same time. 

"why 1782?" Dillian said, now coming towards us.

"Its because that's the year when the American seal was created," Erica said. I put in the combination and it clicked.

Since this display was sort of far away from where the people were, we didn't get any attention. We still tried our best to lie down and look at the display like normal tourists.

The cabinet door opened, and it revealed something big.

Another piece of paper. There also was a pistol.

Erica took hold of the pistol while I opened the old piece of paper

five items you must find, in order to get to the next step, the pistol will help you throughout the journey for clues, and remember, in the darkest times, history will save you

five-item locations for five items:

1. New York City  Empire state building ^)th floor

2. Boston Harbor sea waters

3. Quebec city Rue saint Olivier street

4. Washington DC Capitol building 37th seat of congress

5. Great wall of China 

good luck hunter

-Nathan Hale

"Um, wow, that's a lot of stuff to go over with," Mike said.
"We have to go to all these items and bring it back to solve the case," I said.

"But at the last part it said great wall of China," Flapper said. "Isn't It all across the country?"

"And also, why is it the empire state building?" Zoe said. "Isn't it made in the 20th century and not in the 18th century?"

"Congress planned to make the Empire state building for lookouts when the British were coming, but they couldn't make it, so maybe my great grandfather put that clue in the empire state building," Erica said.

"So, the clues of the treasure weren't finished until World War Two?" I said surprisingly.

"Im pretty sure maybe, but my great grandfather lost his memory along time ago so that he couldn't tell my grandfather about the treasure."

"So that's something," Dillian said.

"Wow, I can't believe the fortune wasn't finished until WWII," Zoe said in amazement.

"Neither did I, now let's go to work," Erica said.

"What about Cyrus and the others?" I said.

"We have to find it before SPYDER does, because Im pretty sure they wanna find it," Erica said.
"Wait a minute. How did SPYDER know about this treasure far than we did?" 

All of us had so many questions to ask.

"I don't know, but we need to get a helicopter," Erica said.

"I thought it was a private jet, but ok," Chip said.

I had no idea how we were going to get a helicopter, but it turns out Erica knew something on how to get it.

Catherine had given her ID when she left because she was on some mission, but got captured by SHARK.  She had kept it in a secret pocket in her chest, and SPYDER  didn't notice when they were snooping around to see if she carried any weapons.   So all we did was drive a cab towards the airport, and Erica showed Catherine the MI6's ID and told them that Catherine will come soon and that she told us to get a Helicopter.

The MI6 accepted us, and we went inside the aircraft. It was like any military helicopter except—

"Whos gonna drive?" Mike said.

"I will," I said.  "I learned some tactics on flying before, so I can do it"

"Ben? You can fly a helicopter?" Erica said in a rare shock.

"Can you?" I said teasingly.

Erica just gave a stare at me. I gulped.

"So Erica can't fly a helicopter?" Flapper said flabbergasted

"I don't think she can, or can she?"

"Here, let me try, I did some lessons before," Erica said, shoving me out of the cockpit while I landed on my poor butt.

She then turned to the cockpit and just randomly clicked buttons and throttles. Soon, the helicopter rotors were on, and Erica got an accelerator to jerk through.

But then, it made a massive turn to the left. I quickly pressed my foot on one of the brakes like things that you use in a car.

That made the helicopter turn to the right, which steadied us.

"Can I now drive this now?" I said.

Erica only gave me a cold glare in return. She let go of the cockpit.

I then sat on it. I had learned how to fly a helicopter form Alex and Catherine, who were heli-trainers.

 I quickly went into the cockpit and got some controls on.

I put the headphones over my head. "Everybody get ready for lift-off."

I still was surprised that Erica couldn't drive a helicopter. Then I remembered that she couldn't because she showed some signs when we were trying to escape in Orion's house. She said she couldn't drive a helicopter, but that was years ago.

The helicopter lifted, and everybody got to their seats. There were eight in the total, with two places in the cockpit. Erica sat next to me while the others were in the back.

I then touched the screens for a GPS, then veered that way.

"Where are we going first?" Chip said.

"New York City," I said.

Neither did anyone know, SPYDER was lurking...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 265 29
Ben is now a fourth year in the Academy of Espionage. He is 15 and his skills on fighting and his intelligence have improved slightly. One day, when...
4.6K 79 17
Junior agents, Ben, Erica, Mike, and Zoe are on another mission yet again (Accompanied by Catherine Hale)! Taking place in Canada, will they be able...
81.6K 825 30
This is my first fanfic- Ben is now 6 years a spy, and somehow competent. A legend around the school and the CIA, he's content with his life, but wha...
27.5K 372 15
Erica Hale gets recruited for a crucial mission at SPYDER, but something goes terribly wrong. Ben Ripley is shocked and a huge betrayal shakes Spy Sc...