|Red ➼ Fred Weasley|

By yoongicated

❝You know, you should dye your hair red.❞ ❝Er... why?❞ ❝So it'll match that fiery personality of yours.❞ ❝Or... More

└─»i n t r o d u c t i o n
└───»p a r t : 1
└────» p r o l o g u e
➼chapter 1; letters and freckles
➼chapter 2; tickets and squeals
➼chapter 3; floo powder and snow globes
➼chapter 4; trekking and tripping
➼ chapter 5; flustered and flirting
➼chapter 6; quidditch and visions
➼chapter 7; figures and fires
➼chapter 8; dark marks and dragon scars
➼chapter 10; train rides and water balloons
➼chapter 11; mad-eyes and tournaments
➼chapter 12; schedules and predictions
➼chapter 13; curses and dark forces
➼chapter 14; quiet whispers and late-night snacks
➼chapter 15; red hair and mood rings
➼chapter 16; charms and lockets
➼chapter 17; handstands and hazy signs
➼chapter 18; beaubaxtons and durmstrang
➼chapter 19; goblets and surprises
➼chapter 20; seers and uncertainties
➼chapter 21; libel badges and hard hits
➼chapter 22; detentions and lessons
➼chapter 23; articles and bookstores
➼chapter 24; stupid books and suspicious sources
➼chapter 25; fiery dragons and orange peels
➼chapter 26; chaotic parties and moon globes
➼chapter 27; announcements and excitement
➼chapter 28; broken hearts and ball dates
➼chapter 29; swans and lions
➼chapter 30; sparkling and dazzling
➼chapter 31; formal dances and missed chances
➼chapter 32; black lakes and golden eggs
➼author's note :)

➼chapter 9; dominos and ponytails

1.4K 49 106
By yoongicated

❁❁❁

That night the Mallards, along with Magnolia and Ramona had stayed in the girls' tent with Ginny and Hermione, since theirs was burned down. Maisie thankfully had a bottle of Skele-gro in her rucksack (in case Serena ended up breaking a bone in her excitement), and Ramona was healed up in the next hour.

The next morning everyone that were still at the campsite took the first Portkey back, wanting to return to the safety of their home as soon as possible. Magnolia had left to Mallard household to return to her own home on her mother's orders, but mostly because she wanted to be sure her older sister, Azalea was alright. Ramona only returned to her house in the suburbs of London to gather her school belongings; having no reason to stay with her parents, she went back to stay with the Mallards, who warmly welcomed her.

When Magnolia joined them two days later with a hastily packed trunk and hyperactive owl; she was in a foul mood she didn't want to discuss, but her mood instantly brightened with a game a Quidditch, two on one because Ramona didn't dare take one foot of the ground.

Ramona, on the other hand, was given the difficult task of persuading the two girls to do their summer schoolwork. "Come on, you two! You've had all summer long, and you leave it until we return to Hogwarts in six days?"

Serena rolled her eyes. "We can't all be like you, reading chapters ahead and turning in homework early. When did you do your summer assignment? The first week off?"

Ramona proudly nodded while Magnolia snorted. "No, more like the first day off. Besides, it's only Potions, Charms, Transfiguration, and Herbology. You know I can finish two within the hour."

Serena scoffed, crossing her arms. "Ramona's a brilliant try hard and Magnolia's a naturally born genius. And what am I?"

"A naturally born idiot?"

"Magnolia!"

Eventually, Ramona was able to get Magnolia, Serena, and even Iyla, to finish their schoolwork over the week, much to their dismay. And when the night August 31st arrived, there was a tangible cloud of end of summer gloom draped over the four girls gathered in the living room, sipping on vanilla milkshakes as they joked around the fire. No one wanted to be the first to head to bed, knowing that when they woke up tomorrow morning, they would be starting school once more.

It took Maisie levitating their mugs away to get the four up the stairs and into their beds, staring up at the ceiling and wondering what crazy thing would happen this year.

~~~

The next morning was hectic, to say the least. Ramona and Iyla had responsibly gotten up early, making sure their trunks  were packed and were to go. Magnolia and Serena, on the other had, were woken up an hour before the Hogwarts Express was supposed to leave, convinced Maisie had told them it was eight in the morning rather than ten. And because they hadn't fully packed the night before, the two girls were stuffing whatever they thought their needed into their trunks, jumping two stairs at a time while Maisie brought their trunks down with a flick of her wand.

While the group of five hurriedly ate their breakfast, Maisie had been so distracted by the fact that they were beyond late that she had called a single Muggle taxi driver to drive them, forgetting their had extra company. They all ran out the house when they heard the loud horn of a car outside the house, getting immediately soaked by the heavy rainfall. Serena and Iyla, who ad spent over an hour the previous next styling their hair, were especially mad, their carefully moisturized curls ruined by the downpour.

The driver, who seemed ti be having a bad morning already, was growing more irritated by the second, having to haul four heavy trunks and two overexcited owls, belonging to Iyla and Magnolia into the back of his small taxi. The four girls were forced to sit together in the back, while Maisie took the front seat.

The car ride was uncomfortable, four people squashed between heavy trunks, hooting owls, and a Ramona's kitten, Ash, that couldn't sit still. And when they finally stopped in front of King's Cross Station, Serena threw open the car door, immediately jumping out of the suffocating car. But just as she did, she immediately tripped, face planting on the cold concrete. It was like a domino effect; the other three girls were just as eager to exit the car and when the stepped out, they fell on top of each other, one by one. Passerbys were staring wide-eyed at the scene, gawking as all four groaned from the fall.

"Will you three get off of me!" Serena screeched, feeling as if she was loosing air.

After the other two stood to their feet, Ramona helped Serena up with one arm, petting her frightened kitten in another as Maisie looked on in disappointment.

"Well, you shouldn't have tripped," Magnolia deadpanned.

Iyla rolled her yes, squeezing the water out of her sweatshirt, only for it to be soaked a minute later. "And you wonder why Mum brought that bottle of Skele-gro to the World Cup."

"This wasn't my fault! You lot practically pushed me out the damn car! This is because your impatience."

The taxi driver had been to fed up with the early morning commotion that he tossed their trunks out of his car. With no care at all, he practically threw out the obnoxiously loud owl cages out as well, getting into the car before driving away. "That was so rude!" Maisie huffed as she quickly checked to see if the owls were alright, glare trained on the car fading away.

The girls hurriedly entered the station, surprisingly having a few minutes to spare. Arriving at platforms 9 and 10, they ran through the wall two at a time, as to avoid strange glances from passing Muggles, Maisie following close behind.

The all looked relived to see the Hogwarts Express, a bright red steam engine, still at stationed. Platform nine and three-quarters was crowded with witches and wizards, who all looked blurred in the pouring rain. The only people that were visible were the Weasleys, the family of seven that all had flaming red hair.

Iyla immediately went over to the Ginny and Golden Trio (as Serena liked to call them), telling them about her awful morning, while Maisie went to greet Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.  Ramona and Magnolia had to drag Serena forward, who was embarrassed by her drenched hair and muddy clothes from when she fell.

When they finally brought her next to Charlie, Magnolia wasn't satisfied. So she pushed her hands out, innocently making Serena fall into Fred Weasley.

As if they were back at the Quidditch World Cup, Fred caught Serena in his arms once more. "I'm starting to think you falling into me is slightly more literal than you let on."

This time, Serena didn't push him off, but stared right back at him. "And I'm starting to think you look forward to this."

The two stayed in that position, eyes narrowed at each other until George cleared his throat, trying to hide his smile. Finally aware of where they were, Serena jumped out of his arms, putting as much distance between them as possible. If Fred was as embarrassed as she was, Serena couldn't tell.

In her haste to get away from Fred, Serena accidentally stepped on someone's foot behind her. "Oh, I'm so sorry-" Serena began as she spun around, but immediately stopped when she saw who she was talking to.

It was none other than Bill Weasley, someone she hadn't realised was so good looking. He was tall, with long red hair he tied into a ponytail. He looked as if he had just came from a rock concert, wearing a single earring with a fang dangling from the end. The last time she has saw him was at the World Cup, looking battle worn. She hadn't taken notice to him then, but she sure was now.

"It's alright, no worries." Bill said, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"I like your hair." Serena blurted out, eyes widening right after she said it. 'Can't have one normal conversation, can you Serena?'

However, much to her surprise, Bill let out a whoop of glee, turning toward his Mum. "See, Mum? She likes it!"

Mrs. Weasley only shook her head, turning back to Maisie. "The Hobgoblins? You like that band? It's my favourite!" Serena said, happy she didn't say something stupid this time.

Bill enthusiastically nodded. "Yea! Amazing, aren't they! Your cool, Serena. No wonder Fred-" Bill was interrupted by a sharp elbow in his side by Charlie.

George suddenly appeared beside Bill. "No wonder Fred and I are friends with her. Gosh, always forgetting about me, huh, Bill?"

"Right, well I'm rather late for the Ministry." Percy loudly cut in, grabbing the attention of everyone. Serena tilted her head; back at the World Cup she saw, even for a minute, how he sighed in relief when he saw everyone came back unharmed. Yet now, he looked as if he'd rather be anywhere but here. Maybe he really was just a stuck-up jerk obsessed with cauldron bottoms. "I just can't justify taking more time off at the moment. Mr. Crouch is really starting to rely on me."

"You know what, Percy?" said George seriously. "I reckon he'll know your name soon."

Percy flushed red, lifting up his horn-rimmed glasses. "As a matter of fact, he does know my name now! After my exceptionally written report about cauldron leaks for the Department of International Magical Cooperation, he ought to!"

"Do us a favor, Perce," said Bill, yawning, "and shut up."

❁❁❁

Author's note:

This chapter is beyond late oh wow. I was nearly finished during my free period and was going to post when WATTY DELETED HALF OF WHAT I HAD WRITTEN. I want to cry :)

And then I didn't have time to re-write before my next class so I'm so sorry about that guys :(

I don't know if you all will like this chapter... it's sort of a filler? Just to give more detail on character interactions because we love those. Also, I know Percy wasn't actually in this scene, but I wanted to include him. :)

With chocolate frogs infused with love potions,

~Lena

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 852 35
You're a Gryffindor in your sixth(or fifth. Whatever year they're in in goblet of fire) year with Fred and George Weasley. You'd been best friends si...
26.9K 894 44
a theodore nott love story. starts at the gof started - 24/07/2023 finished - ? ( fem harry potter x theo nott) slowburn
649K 17K 112
"Darling, Quiet. Don't want to be caught now do we?" Y/n Bardot, a troubled girl swallowed in desires, problems and potential. She craves nothing mor...
14.7K 482 31
Stick anyone with the last name Weasley underneath the Sorting Hat, and without a doubt, it'll shout "Gryffindor!" Unless said Weasley was Elizabeth...