The Hidden One (2)

By idksomethingnotlame

"You're an idiot." "Yeah, but I'm your idiot." Sequel to The Hidden One so read that first More

therapy
dinner parties
bus rides
aurors
hangovers
babies
weddings
honeymoons
hospitals
talking
clubs
back home
tests
reveals
dragons
early
Skeeter
painting
babymoon
labor
Jamie
home
zoo
Halloween
trips
not an update
epilogue
the end
Bonus #1
Bonus #2

sneaking out

5.4K 212 148
By idksomethingnotlame

Hi! I'm trying to include as many people as possible, but there's so many characters that I know I'm leaving some people out. If there is any character that you want to see, comment and let me know. If there is any specific situation or conversation you want to see happen, let me know and I'll try to write it! Thank you!

Rose was worried. It had been two weeks since the aurors went after Travers, and they still weren't back. Harry and Ron barely had time to say goodbye before they were leaving, and they hadn't been able to send many letters since they had left.

Remus knew more about the mission, so he was the one to tell Rose and Hermione what was going on. Apparently, Travers had been sighted by Regulus in America. Regulus had been visiting with Gabrielle's parents in Massachusetts he saw the familiar Death Eater. The aurors believed that he was going to try to visit the American Wizarding school and recruit more wizards. Unfortunately, the trail went cold after Regulus saw Travers, but they knew he was still in America. They aurors were looking everywhere for the man, but they had had no luck so far.

Before he left, Harry told Rose to stay with her parents to make sure that she was safe. The aurors would almost all be in America, so there was no one to guard their house anymore. While he knew that Rose could take care of herself in most situations, he didn't her to be outnumbered and get hurt. To decrease any of Harry's worries, Rose agreed to live with her parents. Hermione was also staying with them, and Remus and Teddy were frequent guests.

"Teddy, please go to sleep," Rose pleaded for the tenth time. The almost one year old had been extra fussy in the past two weeks. It was obvious that he missed Tonks.

"Is he not asleep yet?" Remus asked with a sigh as he entered the small nursery.

"No," Rose said, a frown on her face. Teddy let out a wail when Rose stopped rocking him in her arms, so she quickly started to rock him again.

"You can go to sleep, Rose," Remus said. "I got him."

"It's fine," Rose said. Remus frowned as he examined his goddaughter.

"Have you been sleeping?" Remus asked as he noticed the dark bags under her eyes. Rose faltered a bit but continued to rock her godson.

"Of course I have," Rose said, not meeting Remus' eye. She let out a relieved sigh as Teddy's turquoise hair slowly started to fade into his natural brown, signaling that he was almost asleep. Remus waited until Teddy was fully asleep and Rose had put him down before responding.

"You look horrible," Remus said as Rose quietly closed the door to the nursery.

"Well you don't look ready to win a beauty pageant either, Moony," Rose replied with a small scoff.

"You're not sleeping," Remus noted. "I know how you get when you need more sleep, and it's how you're acting."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Rose lied as she passed her godfather to enter the kitchen.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," Remus said as he followed her. "You come up with excuses so that you don't have to go to sleep even though you're exhausted. You move slower, and you snap at everyone."

"Can you just drop it?" Rose snapped, wincing a little when she realized that she had proven his point.

"You're acting just like you did when you were ten and I watched that muggle boy for a few days," Remus continued, talking to Rose's back as she made hot chocolate. "You were so excited to hang out with him that you wouldn't sleep. You sabotaged yourself because you ended up being so tired that you were mean to him and he found another babysitter so he didn't have to play with you."

"Do you have a point?" Rose asked harshly as she pushed past her godfather to sit in the living room, Remus following after her.

"I do," Remus said as he accepted the cup of hot chocolate that Rose handed to him. His heart warmed a little at the gesture, especially since he knew that he was annoying her. "My point is that you're sabotaging yourself now."

"How?" Rose asked. "What reason would I even have to not sleep?"

"You're sabotaging yourself because you want to stay up in case Harry comes home," Remus said knowingly. "But Harry will just be upset that you didn't sleep because of him and he'll feel guilty, which will lead to you feeling guilty."

Rose didn't answer and she directed her glare to the fireplace, which wasn't even lit.

"I know what you're going through," Remus said softly. "I did the same thing when Dora would go on missions, and she did the same thing when I would transform. We always felt guilty, and it started to mess with our relationship. We probably would've broken up if we hadn't have talked."

"I can't exactly talk with Harry now, can I?" Rose spat.

"No, but I'm telling you this now so that you won't have to," Remus said kindly, not at all phased by how rude Rose was being. "Harry will want you to be healthy, which means sleeping. You need to sleep now so that you and Harry won't feel guilty in the future."

"But what if he gets hurt and I'm asleep?" Rose asked, her voice breaking. "What happens then? Or Tonks or Ron or any of the other aurors? I could help them, but I can't if I'm asleep."

"They don't expect you to help them," Remus said as he lifted his arm so Rose could cuddle into his chest. She clung to him like a baby, both of their hot chocolates forgotten. "They have healers that are specially trained to help on missions, and they're responsible. Not you."

"Why did Harry even have to go?" Rose questioned with a small sniffle. "He's in training. He's not even officially an auror."

"We both know that Harry is already trained more than any auror ever is," Remus said. "Harry and Ron both."

"It's not fair," Rose mumbled, her cheek pressed against Remus' chest so hard that it made it difficult to talk. "Stupid Death Eaters."

Remua chuckled lightly as his hand started to absent mindedly run through her hair, slowly lulling her to sleep.

"Thank you, Moony," Rose said, her words slurred as the exhaustion she felt caught up to her. "I love you."

"I love you too," Remus said as Rose's eyes fell closed and her breath evened out. Remus ignored the aching in his bones as he carefully picked Rose up. As he placed her into her bed, he placed a small kiss on her forehead. He gently closed the door, a sad smile on his face as he realized that the girl he considered to be a daughter was all grown up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Hermione, pay attention to me!" Rose whined as she leaned to lay on Hermione's lap. It had been three weeks since the auror had tracked down Travers, but they still hadn't found him. Everyone was showing their stress in very different ways. Hermione was throwing herself into her schoolwork even more than before. Remus was spending every single second with Teddy, even sleeping in the same room as his son. Rose was constantly needing attention, as she was used to constantly receiving attention from Harry.

"I'm studying, Rose," Hermione said tensely.

"You've been studying all day, and Minnie said that you're already almost done with all the school work," Rose reminded her as she sat up. Hermione sighed and gripped her scalp through her bushy hair.

"I know, but what else am I supposed to do?" Hermione asked. Rose grinned and made sure that none of the adults were nearby.

"We can sneak out," Rose whispered, a devious smile on her face. Hermione's eyes grew wide.

"Are you crazy?" Hermione hissed. "Your parents will never let you leave."

"But they'll let us leave," Rose said. "We can tell them that we're going to pick up some stuff from my house and that we're going to sleep there since it's already nine pm."

"But what would we do?" Hermione asked, worry coating her tone.

"I know a place," Rose said with a small smirk. "And I already talked to Draco, Blaise and Theo. They'll be there with us if we go."

"I'm not sure," Hermione said, but Rose could tell that Hermione wanted to go. They had been stuck in the house for so long that even Tillie was getting upset. The three children were constantly chasing after her and Star, her kitten that Marlene and Sirius adopted, always wanted to play. Tillie and Crookshanks were often found curled up where the children couldn't find them.

"Please, Mione," Rose begged as she gave Hermione puppy dog eyes. Hermione sighed heavily but a smile was growing on her face.

"Fine," Hermione said.

"Yes!" Rose yelled as she immediately shot out of her chair.

"What?" Sirius asked as he and Marlene entered the room, both of them raising an eyebrow at their daughter.

"Hermione agreed to help me get some things from the house," Rose said. "We're just going to go ahead and sleep there since it's so late."

"Are you sure?" Marlene asked, looking very unsure.

"Nothing will happen," Rose said. "And if it does, we can handle ourselves."

"I don't know, Rose," Sirius said.

"I'm of age, so you technically can't stop me," Rose reminded them. Sirius and Marlene shared a look before they both sighed.

"Fine, but you two better be home by nine tomorrow morning," Sirius said. Rose squealed a little and gave both of her parents a kiss on the cheek before dragging Hermione out of the room.

"Slow down, Rose," Hermione said with a small laugh. Rose smiled and released her grip. Sebastian and Arabella were already asleep in their room, so Rose gave both of them a small kiss and waved bye to Remus and Teddy. Once she had said all her goodbyes, she dragged Hermione outside so that they could apparate.

"Merlin, Rose. Where are we going that's made you this excited?" Hermione asked. Rose had dragged her upstairs the second they made sure that there was no one in the house.

"A bar," Rose answered, a bright smile on her face.

"A bar?" Hermione asked, looking unimpressed.

"A muggle bar where no one will know who we are and bother us with questions about the war," Rose said.

"Is it safe?" Hermione asked worriedly.

"We'll have the boys there," Rose said with a shrug of her shoulders. She had already sent the patronus to Draco with the plan, and he was happy to go with them.

"I don't have bar clothes," Hermione said, gesturing to the sweatpants that she was wearing. Rose smirked and opened her closet, which had a small section of clothes that were perfect for a bar.

"But what-?"

Hermione's worry was cut off by the sound of the front door opening. Both girls immediately froze and gripped their wands as they heard two sets of footsteps downstairs. Rose nodded at Hermione and they slowly made their way downstairs.

"I've got upstairs."

Rose and Hermione shared a confused look when they recognized the voice.

"George?" Rose asked as she jumped down the last stair. Both Fred and George let out high pitched screams and started randomly shooting off spells.

"Protego!" Rose yelled, a shield instantly forming around herself and Hermione. The twins seemed to realize their mistake, and they sheepishly lowered their wands.

"Oops," Fred said softly as he fixed a vase that they had broken.

"Why are you two in my house?" Rose asked.

"There's a charm that lets the Order know if anyone enters your house," Fred explained.

"We got called to investigate, but I guess it's just you two," George concluded.

"What are you two doing here anyways?" Fred asked.

"Nothing," Hermione said quickly. Rose raised an eyebrow at the girl before looking back at the two boys.

"We're gonna go to a muggle bar with Draco, Blaise and Theo. Wanna come?" Rose said.

"The more, the merrier!" George said happily.

"Great," Rose said with a grin. "Wellbe back down in five minutes."

Rose quickly hurried back to her room, Hermione not far behind. Rose threw some clothes at Hermione as she put on a sparkly red dress. The dress clung to her body and ended at mid thigh. It showed off Rose's body while still leaving some to the imagination. Hermione was wearing a purpleish shirt with a deep cut neck. Rose paired it with a black skirt that ended at Hermione's mid thigh. They were both wearing black heels. Rose's were almost six inches tall, while Hermione's were only two inches. Rose had gotten much better at walking in heels, while Hermione still wobbled.

"I thought we were just going to a bar," Hermione said as Rose used a charm to fix their hair and makeup. They both had their hair pulled up into a loose pony tail and a natural makeup look, except for their lipstick. Hermione had a light pink lipstick on while Rose had a red.

"It's more like a club," Rose admitted as she charmed her dress to sparkle a little bit more.

"Isn't this a little...revealing?" Hermione asked as she pulled at her top.

"Mione, you look hot as hell," Rose said truthfully. "If you're uncomfortable, I'll find you something else to wear, but it would be a waste of an outfit."

Hermione hesitated and looked at herself in the mirror. She slowly smiled at herself and blushed as she looked back at Rose.

"I'm ready to go," Hermione said softly.

"Great!" Rose exclaimed. "Can you go charm Fred and George's clothes to be a little more appropriate. I need to pee."

Hermione nodded and left the room. Rose could faintly hear Fred and George complimenting Hermione, but she was to focused on finding some of Harry's stuff. She wanted one of his jumpers so she would at least have something that smelled like him.

Due to how fast everything happened, Rose hadn't been able to get much stuff from her house. She had gone three weeks without Harry, and her heart ached.

"Rose! We're ready to go!" Hermione called up the stairs.

"I'll be down in a second!" Rose called back as she hurriedly shoved one of his jumpers into her bag, which she had charmed to hold a lot of stuff.

"How do I look?" Rose asked once she was in front of the boys. George let out a low whistle.

"Harry is one lucky lad," George said. Rose was pleased to see that they were now wearing normal blazers instead of dragon hide jackets.

"We're gonna be busy keeping the boys away from you two," Fred added. Rose and Hermione smirked at each other.

"Well, where is this place?" Fred asked. "I'm ready to get drunk."

"Apparate us to St. Mungo's," Rose instructed. "The bar isn't that far from there."

"My good lady," George said as he held out an arm for Rose to hold since she couldn't apparate.

"Just like the Yule Ball," Rose remembered.

"Hopefully we've learned how to dance since then," George said with a small snort before apparating away, Fred and Hermione not far behind. Rose stumbled when they landed, twisting an ankle. She was very grateful for her healing when she felt almost no pain. 

"I'm guessing that's where we're going," Fred said as he pointed to a nearby building. There was a long line going all the way around the building and down the block.

"Yep," Rose confirmed.

"We'll never get in," Hermione said as she examined the line.

"Except for the fact that this is where Terry Boot works now," Rose said. "I saw him a few week ago in Diagon Alley and he told me that we just had to walk up and tell security our names and we'd get in."

"How'd he come to work here?" Fred asked.

"His cousin is a muggle and she owns it," Rose explained as they crossed the street. "She gave him the job after the war. He needed a place to work that didn't remind him of the war all the time. The cousin still knows about the war and everything, so any wizard who Terry puts on the list doesn't have to wait in line."

The other three all nodded in understanding.

"Look who finally showed up," Blaise said as the group of four finally reached the club. The three Slytherin boys all looked much fancier than normal. Not a single hair was out of place and their suits didn't have a single speck of dust.

"Sorry. We had a little distraction," Rose said as she gave them all hugs. They were leaning on the wall of the building next to the club, and they could hear the pounding music from inside.

"You didn't mention they were coming," Draco said as they nodded at Fred and George.

"It was either we come or Rose and Hermione go back home, so this is the best option for all of us," George responded. Draco just rolled his eyes.

"Can we go in?" Theo asked, whining slightly. "I wanna get drunk!"

"You will not get drunk," Blaise said to him. "I'm not carrying you home."

Rose rolled her eyes and started walking, leading the group up to the security man.

"Back of the line," the man grunted, barely looking at them.

"We should be on the list," Rose said kindly.

"Hey, baby! Let me get a piece of that!" A man in the line yelled at them. Rose and Hermione immediately flicked him off as the boys tensed behind them. Draco's hand slipped into his pocket to grab his wand.

"Out of line!" The security man yelled. One of the other bouncers immediately drug the man out of the line so that he wouldn't be able to enter the club.

"Sorry about that," the man apologized. "What's your name?"

"Rose Black...maybe Potter. I don't know what will be on the list," Rose answered. The man's eyes grew wide as he checked the list.

"Right this way," the man said, leaving his post for the other bouncer to take over. The group shared confused looks as the man guided them through the busy club and up some steps.

"Welcome to the Elite Room," the man said as he used a key to open a door. Rose smirked as she entered the room. Once everyone was in the room and the door had closed again, she turned to look at her friends.

"Time to her drunk."

Here's Hermione's outfit!

And here is Rose!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 6.8K 25
it's @/emily_elizabeth_fowl 's work. summary in the prologue. happy reading :)
809 47 14
Sequel to You're Such a Weasley
77.5K 2.5K 52
"𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮." "𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮?" - "we are...
38.5K 707 49
"I hate you Nott" "Sure you do Potter" In which Aurora Potter claims she hates Theodore Nott, but does she really?... I do not own Harry Potter or th...