babymoon

Rose had been at St. Mungo's for an entire week, and she was ready to leave. They couldn't give her a potion to get rid of the flu because it might hurt the baby, so she was forced to deal with the flu the muggle way. They assumed that she got it when her and Harry went to a muggle market, and Harry got so freaked out that he decided that Rose wasn't allowed to go anywhere where a lot of people would be. Rose wasn't too upset about that because going to the store always made her tired.

Harry and Rose also decided that they wouldn't be going to St. Mungo's when it was time for her to give birth. The healers were rude to Rose as they all believed what Rita Skeeter had written about her. They also flirted with Harry every chance they could get, making Rose very upset. Unfortunately for her, she was too tired to do anything other than glare as Harry looked uncomfortable. Sirius, James and Remus had already agreed to cunfund any doctor who questioned how Rose was healing so quickly.

"Someone get me out of this bloody place," Rose groaned.

"One more day and we can leave," Harry reminded her.

"But I'm perfectly fine!" Rose argued. The only symptom she still had was a headache and some soreness, but she didn't know if those were from the pregnancy or the flu.

"You had a fever not even an hour ago," Marlene said.

"And?" Rose asked.

"And what would you do if you went home and got worse and something happened to your baby?" Sirius asked.

"Die and fix it," Rose said with a shrug.

"You're not dying anytime soon, so you're gonna stay here for one more day," Harry said. Rose pouted and sent him puppy dog eyes.

"She's playing dirty!" Harry complained, covering his eyes with his hand so he wouldn't have to see her and give in.

"I want out of here!" Rose groaned, repeating herself for what felt like the millionth time.

"I'll go get chocolate chip cookies if you stop complaining and trying to sneak out when we're not looking," Remus said.

"Add pickles and it's a deal," Rose said after a moment for thinking.

"Pickles and chocolate chip cookies," Tonks said, a disgusted look on her face. "My cravings were bad, but not that bad.

"I don't want them together," Rose said. "But now that I'm thinking about it, that sounds kinda good."

"I'm gonna leave before she makes weirder food combinations," Remus said, hurrying out of the room as Lily and James entered. James looked proud while Lily looked sheepish.

"The best grandfather is here and he brought a gift!" James announced loudly, holding up a large stuffed stag. The stuffed animal was almost as tall as James, and he was right over six feet tall.

"Go add it to the other stuffed animals," Rose said, a smirk on her face. James' proud smile fell when he saw that there were already two other stuffed animals in the room, a black dog and a werewolf, and they were both bigger than his.

"I told him not to get it," Lily said. "But he picks and chooses when to listen."

"Harry does the same thing," Rose said. "I told him to not impregnate me, but he goes and does it anyways."

"Okay, that makes it sound like I forced you to get pregnant, and I very much did not," Harry said quickly.

"Are you really complaining though?" Lily asked softly. "You get to bring a child into this world. None of us can do that anymore."

Rose frowned as she remembered that they had all died before except for Marlene, so they couldn't have any more kids.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude," Rose apologized.