Golden Days︱𝐉𝐎𝐄𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁...

By hearteyesweller

❝After we what?❞ ❝Kiss. Four little letters just like my name.❞ ❝And you're nuts. Four little letters just... More

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
1│YOU'RE A SHOE
2│HALF A SHOE
3│SMOKING STILL
4│ROOFTOP GOSSIP
5│NO SUDS, NO SAVE
6│REE! REE! REE!
7│WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS
8│CHANDLER'S QUALITY
9│GOT THE KEYS
10│NO DATE NEW YEAR'S
12│VALENTINE'S DAY BONFIRE
13│POKER NIGHT
14│THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
15│RACHEL FINDS OUT
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
16│THE HAIR CUT DISASTER
17│THE SHOPPING TRIP
18│VERONICA ON THE BUS
19│MORAL SUPPORT TAXI
20│THE EVIL TWIN
21│BLAST FROM THE PAST
22│THE LEATHER JACKET
23│JOEY MOVES OUT
24│BE YOUR OWN WINDKEEPER
25│THE ULTIMATUM
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
26│THE ANSWER
27│THE FLASHBACK
28│THE ENTERTAINMENT UNIT
29│THE KATE CONFUSION
30│THE WEDDING DISASTER
31│THE BROWNIE INCENTIVE
32│THE FOOTBALL GAME
33│GO TO HELL JINGLE WHORE
34│NO GOOD COMES FROM THE XEROX PLACE
35│WE WERE ON A BREAK!
36│CHANDLER IN LOVE
37│RIGHT GIFTS FOR THE WRONG GIRL
38│JOEY IN LOVE
39│CHANDLER IN A BOX
40│VERONICA IN LOVE
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
41│LIFE'S A REAL BEACH
42│THE ART OF POWERING THROUGH
43│DANCING PARTNERS
44│PHOEBE'S CHRISTMAS SONG
45│SEVEN! SEVEN! SEVEN!
46│THE APARTMENT SWITCH
47│THE BROKEN HEARTS CLUB
48│THE FAKE SURPRISE PARTY
49│THE PORN ZOMBIES
50│THE NAME GAME
51│RACHEL AND MONICA'S KISS
52│JOEY'S SNORING PROBLEM
53│SO JOEY THINKS HE CAN DANCE
54│LONDON, BABY!
55│I TAKE THEE... RACHEL
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
56│TOBLERONE FROM GREECE
57│FIRST DAY AT WORK AND LIFE
58│GOODBYE EMILY
59│ROOMATE ROSS
60│JAMES MEETS JOEY
61│JUDGE JOEY
62│NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
63│THE VERONICA AND MONICA DUALITY
64│THEY DON'T KNOW WE KNOW THEY KNOW
65│PRESIDENT VERONICA KING
66│MARCH 31 MEETINGS
67│LAW AND DISORDER
68│JOEY'S BIG BREAK
69│WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS
70│STAYS IN VEGAS
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐗
71│THE AFTERMATH

11│EYE FOR AN EYE

37.9K 1.1K 958
By hearteyesweller

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Yes, daddy," Veronica rolled her eyes as she balanced her office phone between her shoulders and shuffled through all the paperwork on her desk, "Mhm, I know. Yes, I already did that. Did that too. Yeah, and that."

Her father had been calling her a lot more often after what happened on Thanksgiving. She knew it was his way of saying sorry without actually saying the words, well, that and sending a comically large flower bouquet with a Bloomingdale's gift card in it. He'd just been finishing up a cheque to get her a new car to take to work instead of commuting but she convinced him not to.

She was proud of herself and also a little scared. A couple of months ago she would have been the one asking that he buy her a car but now here she was refusing to let him do it. She hadn't even cashed in the gift card he'd gotten her but it wasn't because she was still upset with him.

She knew how her father was and for the most part he usually never yelled at her — his little girl was the apple of his eye. She hadn't used it because just like the American Express Platinum card she had forced herself to lock away, she was really trying to give the independence thing a fair shot.

She threw her head back as her father awkwardly tried to keep the conversation going before she smiled. At least he was trying. "Daddy, I need to go, okay? I have a meeting I need to get to."

"Okay, sweetie," She swore she heard her father sigh in relief, "You know, your mother was just telling me how she didn't think you were going to last another car offer. She told me if I offered one more time then that would be the one, you would break and come home. And I have to say I did agree with her but here you are proving us wrong. I'm proud of you honey."

Veronica hummed tightly as she bit her lip to keep from saying anything that would upset her father. They could think that she couldn't do this all they wanted to and she wouldn't have a problem with it so long as they didn't throw it in her face so much.

She slumped down in her chair as she slammed the phone down onto the landline. She tapped her fingers against her desk as her eyes filtered towards the bouquet of flowers in the corner of her office. She took a deep breath and snapped her gaze towards the window instead.

"Mary?" She paged her secretary, "Get me the newest edition of vogue."

She got up from her desk and plucked the Bloomingdale's gift card from the bouquet as she dialed their number on the landline. She needed a shopping spree after that conversation.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Veronica walked into Central Perk with a smile on her face as she met up with the friends at their couch. She'd ended her workday with a Bloomingdale shopping spree that would be delivered to the apartment.

"Okay," Rachel called as she walked over to the group, "Any of you guys want anything else?"

"Oh, yes," Chandler looked up at her, "Could I have one of those-"

Rachel cut him off dryly. "No, I'm sorry, we're all out of those. Anybody else?"

Chandler pouted. "Okay."

"Did I, uh, did I miss something?" Roger, Phoebe's boyfriend and also a shrink, furrowed his brows.

"No, she's still upset because I saw her boobies," Chandler explained which made Rachel cross her arms angrily.

"You what?" Ross' eyes widened as his head snapped towards his friend, 'Wh-what were you doing seeing her boobies?"

Chandler rolled his eyes. "It was an accident. Not like I was across the street with a telescope and a box of donuts."

"Okay, okay, could we change the subject, please?" Rachel sighed as she tried to steer away from the topic before they could go into any more detail about her breasts.

"Yeah, 'cause hello, these are not her boobies, these are her breasts," Phoebe pointed to Rachel's chest which had Veronica shoving her face into Chandler's shoulder to keep from laughing too loud.

"Okay, Pheebs, I was hoping for more of a change."

"Y'know, I don't know why you're so embarrassed, they were very nice boobies," Chandler shrugged.

"Nice?" Rachel scoffed, "They were nice. I mean, that's it? I mean, mittens are nice."

"That's not something you say when you want to change the topic," Veronica laughed.

"Okay. Rock, hard place, me," Chandler gestured with a huff as Veronica patted his head comfortingly.

"You're so funny! He's really funny!" Roger burst out laughing before he cleared his throat, "I wouldn't wanna be there when the laughter stops."

Chandler's head snapped towards him. "Whoah whoah, back up there, Sparky. What'd you mean by that?"

"Oh, just seems as though that maybe you have intimacy issues. Y'know, that you use your humor as a way of keeping people at a distance," Roger shrugged as if he'd just told them about the weather.

"Huh," Chandler scoffed dryly as the friends all looked away awkwardly. Veronica patted his knee and gave him a small smile.

"I mean hey! I just met you, I don't know you from Adam," If only Roger stopped talking there, "Only child, right? Parents divorced before you hit puberty."

Chandler's eyes widened. "Uh-huh, how did you know that?"

"It's textbook."

Before anyone could say anything else Joey thankfully interrupted the awkward conversation.

"Hey, you guys. You all know my dad, right?" He smiled as he led his father towards them.

"Hey!"

"Hey, Mr. Trib!"

Veronica smiled when Mr. Tribbiani ruffled her hair as he came to a stop behind the couch. The last time he came to visit he spent most of his time with her and Joey. She loved spending time with them, they'd taken her all around New York's finest sandwich shops.

"Hey, how long are you in the city?" Monica asked as the friends turned to look at the man with smiles.

"Just for a couple days. I got a job in midtown. I figure I'm better off staying with the kid than hauling my ass back and forth on the ferry," He paused when he saw Roger, "I don't know this one."

"Oh, this is my friend Roger," Phoebe smiled as she played with his hair.

"Hey. Good to meet you, Roger," Mr. Tribbiani smiled at him.

"You too, sir."

Mr. Tribbiani leaned closer to Phoebe. "What happened to the, uh, puppet guy?"

"Dad, Dad," Joey called as he shook his head subtly.

Mr. Tribbiani chuckled sheepishly. "Oh, 'Scuse me. So Ross, uh, how's the wife?"

Veronica bit her lip when Ross sighed and threw his head onto Chandler's shoulder with a pout.

"'O' for two, huh?" Mr. Tribbiani looked around awkwardly, "Uh, Chandler, quick, say something funny!"

Chandler pursed his lips and crossed his arms, obviously still ticked about Roger's comment from earlier.

Mr. Tribbiani turned to Veronica with a helpless look to which she smiled sympathetically. She stood up and wrapped her arms around the Tribbiani men.

"Hey Mr. Trib you remember last time you visited you promised to teach me how to make Nona's famous pasta sauce," She turned to him.

"Oh yeah," He smiled, "I got the recipe in my jacket pocket."

"Well, I'm free now," She giggled when the two sighed in relief at the way out she'd given them.

"Great! So are we," Joey grinned as he helped Veronica put on her jacket.

"Thank you, sweetheart," Mr. Tribbiani chuckled as he patted Joey on the back, "She's a keeper Joe!"

The two shared a look before laughing along with him and making their way to the apartment.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Gotta go. I miss you too, I love you, but it's getting real late now," Veronica smiled as she heard Mr. Tribbiani on the phone with his wife. She had just walked into the apartment after going to change into something more appropriate to cook in. It took her a while and a trip to Monica's closet to find something that wouldn't have her in tears if it got stained.

Joey gave her a smile as he grabbed the phone from his father without any warning. "Let me say hi. Hey Ma. Listen, Ronnie loved the tiramisu you sent her, and- Excuse me? Did you know this isn't Ma?"

Veronica's eyes widened when Joey turned to his father with furrowed eyebrows. Mr. Tribbiani nodded sheepishly and shrunk back when Joey glared at him.

"Maybe I should give you two some privacy," Veronica bit her lip nervously as she looked between the two. But just as she moved to turn to the door she was stopped by Joey grabbing her hand tightly. He clearly didn't want to be alone right now.

"Or I can stay for moral support," She shrugged as she gave him a smile and squeezed his hand.

Joey gave her a small smile as he motioned for her to follow him towards the kitchen where they'd already started boiling pasta.

"Her name's Ronni. She's a pet mortician," He explained to Joey, who stood next to Veronica helping her chop mushrooms.

Veronica laid a hand on his shoulder comfortingly when she felt him stiffen at his father's words. He gave her a tight smile back before his gaze fell back down to the chopping board, he couldn't bear to so much as look in the direction of his father.

"Sure," Joey nodded, "So how long you been..."

"Remember when you were a little kid, I used to take you to the navy yard and show you the big ships?"

Joey's eyes widened as he dropped the knife. "Since then?!"

Veronica immediately grabbed his hand as she tried to get him to calm down, or at least as best as anyone could in his situation. She suddenly felt a lot better about her conversation with her own father earlier.

"No, it's only been six years. I just wanted to put a nice memory in your head so you'd know that I wasn't always such a terrible guy. Joe," Mr. Tribbiani sighed, "Y'ever been in love?"

Joey spared a quick glance at Veronica before he shrugged. "I don't know."

He never really thought about love, he was still extremely enjoying his current take on relationships — not doing them, ever. But if he had to choose someone right that very second then Veronica would be the first name that popped into his head. He thought they'd be good in a relationship, hypothetically of course. She didn't find him disgusting like Monica or ditzy like he knew Chandler and Ross did.

"Then y'haven't," Mr. Tribbiani shook his head, "You're burning your tomatoes."

Joey scoffed. "You're one to talk."

"No, sweetie, you're actually burning them," Veronica explained slowly as she gestured to the pot. Joey handed her a wooden spoon and instructed her to mix the sauce as he added the mushrooms in.

"Joe, your dad's in love big time," Mr. Tribbiani sighed as he sat down at the barstool, "And the worst part of it is, it's with two different women."

"Oh, man. Please tell me one of 'em is Ma," Joey whined as he hugged Veronica for comfort.

"Of course, course one of 'em's Ma," He scoffed, "What's the matter with you."

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Joey had his head in Veronica's lap as she played with his hair. "It's like if you woke up one day and found out your dad was leading this double life. He's like actually some spy, working for the C.I.A. That'd be cool... This blows!"

"I know, I mean, why can't parents just stay parents? Why do they have to become people? Why do they have..." She paused when she noticed Chandler's eyes trained on her chest, "Why can't you stop staring at my breasts?"

"What?" Chandler called absentmindedly as his gaze didn't move before Rachel flicked him, "What?"

"Did you not get a good enough look the other day?" She scoffed.

Veronica smiled down at Joey as he cuddled closer towards her, his arms wrapping around her legs. She kissed his forehead before turning to see Rachel glaring at Chandler.

"Alright, alright," Ross called, "We're all adults here, there's only one way to resolve this. Since you saw her boobies, I think, uh, you're gonna have to show her your peepee."

"Y'know, I don't see that happening?" Chandler glared at him.

"From a legal standpoint that is more than fair," Veronica smirked when Chandler gave her a look of betrayal.

"See, tit for tat," Rachel teased him.

"Well, I'm not showing you my 'tat'."

Before anyone could argue any further for the tit for tat solution the buzzer went off.

"Hello?" Monica pressed the intercom button.

"It's Phoebe."

"And Rog."

"C'mon up," Monica buzzed them in.

"Oh, good. Rog is here," Chandler smiled sarcastically.

"What's the matter with Rog?" Joey raised his head from Veronica's lap and sat down next to her instead.

"Oh, it's nothing, it's a little thing," Chandler pinched his fingers together to show just how little, "I hate that guy."

"What, so he was a little analytical," Ross shrugged with a laugh, "That's what he does, y'know? C'mon, he's not that bad."

If only Ross knew he would be eating those words in a few minutes.

"Y'see, that's where you're wrong. Why would I marry her if I thought on any level that she was a lesbian?" Ross scoffed as he glared at Roger. He, Chandler, and Roger were currently sat around the dining table while the rest of the friends were sprawled across the apartment.

"He's not that bad," Veronica mimicked Ross and smiled when Joey laughed. He held out the jar of peanut butter he was currently drowning his sorrows into for her.

She grinned before turning to make sure Monica wasn't looking at them before she followed in Joey's footsteps and dipped her finger into the jar.

"I dunno. Maybe you wanted your marriage to fail," Roger shrugged.

Ross' eyes widened. "Why? Why would I why? Why? Why? Why?"

"I don't know. Maybe low self-esteem, maybe to compensate for overshadowing a sibling, maybe you-"

Monica cut him off as she walked towards them with a bowl of cookie dough. Veronica thought cookies would make Joey feel better and rather than make them herself since she was the one who offered she got Monica to make them. "Wait-wait, go back to that sibling thing."

"Well, I don't know. I mean, it's conceivable that you wanted to sabotage your marriage so that the sibling would feel less of a failure in the eyes of the parents," Roger explained.

"That that's ridiculous!" Ross scoffed, "I don't feel guilty for her failures!"

"Oh! So you think I'm a failure!" Monica glared at her brother.

"Now you see the problem with Rog?" Veronica turned to Joey, who nodded his head as they shared the jar of peanut butter like it was popcorn.

"Isn't he good?" Phoebe smiled proudly at Roger.

"No, no, no, that- that's not what I was saying," Ross stuttered as he took fearful steps away from his sister.

"Y'know, all these years, I thought you were on my side," Monica scoffed as she crossed her arms, "But maybe what you were doing was sucking up to Mom and Dad so they'd keep liking you better!"

"Hey, I married a lesbian to make you look good!"

Soon enough, it was Rachel's turn.

"You're right!" She sniffled, "I mean you're right! It wasn't just the Weebles, but it was the Weeble Play Palace and the Weebles' Cruise Ship. Oh, which had this little lifeboat for the Weebles to wobble in."

"That's tough, tough stuff. C'mon, Pheebs, we're gonna catch that movie, we gotta get going," Roger stood up as he grabbed his coat.

"Oh, okay. Feel better, Rachel, 'kay?" Phoebe patted Rachel's head.

"Geez, we're gonna be late, sweetie," Roger called.

"Oh, okay. Listen, thanks for everything, Mon."

"You're welcome," Monica smiled dryly.

"Listen, guys, it was great seeing you again. Mon, um, easy on those cookies, okay? Remember, they're just food, they're not love," Roger told her as he saw her pick up another cookie.

Just as he and Phoebe opened the door to leave they were met by the Bloomingdale's delivery man as he tried to balance all the shopping bags and boxes.

"Oh, Thank God!" The man huffed when he saw the door open, "I was sure all this stuff was going to break my back before I got the door open. I got a delivery for Miss King."

Veronica grinned as she rushed up to the door, Joey following behind her to help her with all the bags.

"Thank you!" She signed the delivery forms as Joey motioned for Chandler and Ross to come over and help him.

Roger grimaced as he looked at everything she'd ordered and sighed. "Veronica, you gotta ease off all the shopping, these are just pieces of leather and cloth. They're not validation, remember."

Veronica's eyes widened as he turned on his heel with Phoebe and shut the door behind them. As soon as the door shut, Monica and Ross threw their cookies at it in anger. Joey wrapped his arm around her and pulled her into a side hug.

"Hate that guy!" Monica yelled as she threw another cookie.

"Don't listen to that guy, Ronnie," Joey rubbed her arms comfortingly, "He doesn't know what he's talking about!"

"Here, have a cookie sweetie," Monica held one out for her.

"Here, have a shopping bag," Veronica huffed as she sat down at the dining table.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Night, you guys," Joey called as he and Chandler made their way towards the door, "Oh! Ronnie, you forgot your bag back at our place."

Veronica lifted her head from Monica's shoulder and stood up from the couch. The two had been moping about Roger's comments about them for the last hour now. She followed them out the door and yelped when she walked right into Joey's back when he and Chandler came to a stop in the hallway.

"Did you order a woman too, Veronica?" Chandler joked as they saw a blonde sitting by their door with a book and sandwich bag with Cheese Nips.

Veronica shook her head as she leaned over Joey's shoulder to glance at the woman.

"Hey," Joey called, "Can, uh, can we help you?"

"Oh, no thanks, I'm just waiting for Joey Tribbiani," The woman smiled at them before turning back to her book.

"I'm Joey Tribbiani."

The woman stood up and shook her head. "Oh no, not you, Big Joey. Oh my God, you're so much cuter than your pictures!"

Veronica felt Joey grab her hand tightly and she bit her lip as she looked at who she could only assume was Ronni."

"I, uh, I'm Ronni," She paused awkwardly before holding the bag out to them, "Cheese Nip?"

"Uh, Joey's having an embolism, but I'd go for a Nip, y'know?" Chandler chuckled as he grabbed the sandwich bag.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Now, y'see, most people, when their pets pass on, they want 'em sorta laid out like they're sleeping. But occasionally you get your person who wants them in a pose. Like, chasing their tail or jumping to catch a frisbee," Ronnie explained to Chandler as they sat on the couch.

Veronica was watching Joey pace by the door as he waited for his father to come home. Occasionally she held out a cookie for him to take a bite out of to help make him feel a little better.

"Joey, if I go first, I wanna be looking for my keys," Chandler smiled as Ronni laughed.

"That's a good one!" She clapped his back.

"Hey, Joe," Mr. Tribbiani smiled as he took off his coat and walked inside.

"Dad, Ronni's here," Joey pursed his lips as he nodded his head to the blonde on his couch.

"Huh?" The older man's eyes widened.

"Hi," Ronni sheepishly raised her hand in a meek wave.

Mr. Tribbiani smiled as he rushed over to her. "Hey! Hello, babe! What're you doing here?"

"Oh, uh, well, you left your good hair at my apartment, I figured you'd need it tomorrow for your meeting," She handed him the toupee as the two stood in front of each other awkwardly.

"Thank you. Uh..." Mr. Tribbiani looked anywhere but at his son.

"So, who's up for a big game of Kerplunk?" Chandler tried to break the tension.

"Look, I uh, I shouldn'ta come. I-I'd better get going, I don't wanna miss the last train," Ronni grabbed her purse and coat with a shy smile.

Mr. Tribbiani immediately shook his head. "I don't want you taking that thing."

"Oh, where am I gonna stay, here?" Ronni scoffed as she looked at Joey.

"Who-ah-ho," Joey shook his head as Veronica rubbed his back.

"We'll go to a hotel," Mr. Tribbiani decided.

"We'll go to a hotel," Ronni shrugged with a nod.

"No you won't," Joey sighed as he shut the door to the apartment.

"No we won't," Ronni repeated.

"If you go to a hotel you'll be...doing stuff. I want you right here where I can keep an eye on you," Joey gave the two a pointed look.

"You're gonna keep an eye on us?" His father tilted his head with furrowed eyebrows.

"That's right, mister, and I don't care how old you are, as long as you're under my roof you're gonna live by my rules. And that means no sleeping with your girlfriend."

"Wow. He's strict," Ronni laughed.

"I'll go ask Monica for an extra toothbrush and blankets," Veronica offered as she slung her purse onto her shoulder.

"Thanks Ronnie," Joey smiled at her.

"For what?" Ronni furrowed her eyebrows.

"Not you, Ronni!" Joey huffed, "I mean my Ronnie."

"Kids got his own Ronni," She giggled as Mr. Tribbiani smiled at the two.

"Just to be clear I'm just his 'friend Ronnie'," Veronica smiled before she rushed out.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Veronica yawned as she dragged her feet towards the door. "Alright, alright! I'm coming."

She was just about to fall asleep when someone started knocking at their door like a madman. She tried waiting it out until Monica caved and went to see who it was but they were starting to give her a headache so she begrudgingly rolled out of bed.

"What?" She growled as soon as she threw open the door.

"Nice to see you too Sleeping Beauty," Chandler rolled his eyes as he shoved Joey at her.

"Why?" She furrowed her brows as she wrapped her arms around the Italian as best as she could.

"The futon isn't big enough for me and Kicky over here!" Chandler glared at Joey as he rubbed his stomach.

Before Veronica could say anything else Chandler turned on his heel and slammed the door to his apartment shut.

"Hey roomie," Joey smiled sheepishly at her.

"You're lucky you're cute," She sighed before she nudged him towards the couch.

"Mhm," Joey pursed his lips as he stayed in his spot.

"What?" Veronica whined as she turned to him. All she wanted to do was go to sleep.

"I don't like sleeping on that couch," Joey grimaced, "I walked in on Monica doing... things on it with people before."

Veronica raised a brow at him. He'd just been sleeping on their futon which she knew had seen a lot worse days.

"Okay, fine," Joey pouted, "I don't wanna be alone tonight."

Veronica sighed as she looked at him before she opened her arms for him. Joey grinned as he launched himself towards her before they went to her room.

"If you even think of kicking me, you're sleeping with your dad."

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Joey and Veronica were in his apartment cleaning up the place after Joey Sr. and Ronni left. Veronica was currently laughing as Joey tried to close up the futon again and again. Before she could say anything a loud knocking rang through the apartment.

"I'll get it, you keep trying to do that," She smirked as she walked to the door, "Oh, hey Mrs. Tribbiani."

"Ronnie!" The woman smiled as she wrapped her in a hug, "How have you been doing sweetheart?"

"I'm great, Mrs. Trib," She hugged her, "Oh, and thanks for that tiramisu. It was amazing."

"Oh, your welcome honey. You come over one time with Joey for dinner and I'll teach you how to make it."

"Ma!" Joey's eyes widened when he saw his mother standing on the other side of the door, "What're you doing here?"

"I came to give you this," She gestured to the groceries Veronica had taken from her, "And this."

"Ow!" Joey yelped when his mother hit him over the head, "Big ring!"

Veronica giggled quietly as she sorted through the groceries Mrs. Tribbiani brought for her son.

"Why did you have to fill your father's head with all that garbage about making things right? Things were fine the way they were!" She turned to Veronica and her glare fell as a sweet smile spread on her face, "There's chicken in there, honey, put it in the freezer, please. For God's sake, Joey, really."

Joey's eyes widened. "Hold on, you-you knew?

"Of course I knew!" His mother scoffed, "What did you think? Your father is no James Bond. You should've heard some of his cover stories. 'I'm sleeping over at my accountant's'. I mean, what is that? Please!"

"So then how could you, I mean, how could you?!" Joey whined as he looked at Veronica for an explanation but the girl just held her hands up and shrugged.

"Do you remember how your father used to be? Always yelling, always yelling nothing made him happy, nothing made him happy, not that woodshop, not those stupid little ships in the bottle, nothing. Now he's happy! I mean, it's nice, he has a hobby."

"Ma, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but what the hell are you talking about?! I mean, what about you?"

"Me? I'm fine. Look, honey, in an ideal world, there'd be no her, and your father would look like Sting. And I'll tell you something else. Ever since that poodle-stuffer came along, he's been so ashamed of himself that he's been more attentive, he's been more loving. I mean, it's like every day's our anniversary," His mother smiled.

Joey paused. "I'm... happy for you?"

"Well don't be, because now everything's screwed up," She huffed with a pout, "I just want it the way it was."

Veronica frowned at the older woman and wrapped a comforting arm around her. Mrs. Tribbiani gave her a grateful look as Veronica led her to the couch and offered to make her a cup of coffee.

"Ma, I'm sorry. I just did what I thought you'd want," Joey held his mother's hand.

"I know you did, cookie. Oh, I know you did. So tell me. Did you see her?"

"Yeah. You're ten times prettier than she is," Joey promised her.

"He doesn't know what he's talking about, Mrs. Trib," Veronica scoffed, "You 100 times prettier than her! She doesn't have a thing on you."

Mrs. Tribbiani lunged to wrap the girl in a tight hug. "Awe! Aren't you just the sweetest thing."

Joey smiled as he watched the two before his mother turned to them with a serious look.

"So, could I take her?"

"With this ring?" Joey pointed to her engagement ring, "No contest."

"She'd be six feet under with just one look," Veronica added.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"So you talked to your dad?" Veronica asked as she flipped through her Vogue magazine.

"Yeah. He's gonna keep cheating on my ma like she wanted, she's gonna keep pretending she doesn't know even though she does. And my little sister Tina can't see her husband anymore because he got a restraining order. Which has nothing to do with anything except that I found out today."

"Wow," Rachel pursed her lips as the friends took in everything he just said.

"Things sure have changed here on Waltons mountain," Chandler joked.

"So Joey, you okay?" Ross asked him as he watched him lean his head against Veronica's shoulder.

"Yeah, I guess. It's just parents, after a certain point, you gotta let go. Even if you know better, you've gotta let them make their own mistakes."

"Just think, in a couple of years we get to turn into them," Rachel sighed as the friends paused to think about that.

"If I turn into my parents, I'll either be an alcoholic blond chasing after twenty-year-old boys or," Chandler paused, "I'll end up like my mom."

"Hey," Phoebe called as she walked into the girls' apartment.

"Hey, Pheebs," The friends called.

"How's it going?" Monica asked her when she noticed the sad look on her face.

"Oh, okay, except I broke up with Roger," She pouted.

"Aw," The friends pretended to be saddened by the news.

"Yeah, right," Phoebe scoffed.

The friends quickly surrounded her as they sounded a lot more sincere this time with their 'aw'.

"What happened?" Rachel asked her as Veronica played with Phoebe's hair.

"I don't know, I mean, he's a good person, and he can be really sweet, and in some ways I think he is so right for me, it's just... I hate that guy!"

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Hey, Joey. What's going on?" Phoebe turned to him when he walked into the apartment with a smirk.

"Clear the tracks for the boobie payback express. Next stop: Rachel Green!" He called.

Rachel had barged into their bathroom this morning to get back at Chandler, 'get ready Mr. Bing, it's time to see your thing!' were her exact words. However, she failed to check if it was actually Chandler in the bathroom and ended up walking in on Joey instead.

Phoebe bit her lip to keep from laughing when he stormed into the bathroom only to hear Veronica screeching at him to get out.

"Joey! What the hell!" Veronica yelled as she followed him out of the bathroom in her towel.

"Sorry! Wrong boobies," He gave her a sly smirk, "Very nice, though!"

"Ugh!" She threw her shampoo bottle at him just as he slammed the front door shut. She turned to Phoebe and pursed her lips before marching to her room to change.

Veronica spent an hour chatting with Phoebe, fully dressed now, before she decided to see if Joey was showering so she could get her revenge. She crept into their apartment and smirked when she heard the shower running.

"Hello, Joey," She ripped the shower curtain to the side only to widen her eyes in shock.

"Oh!" Mr. Tribbiani turned to face her before he smiled, "Hello, dear."

Veronica turned on her heel and ran back to her apartment.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

〚𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄〛

I hope everyone liked this chapter, comment what you think!

♥♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 62 19
Alessia Glen and her best friend Scarlet Nix move into an apartment that happens to be right beside Chandler Bing and Joey Tribbiani. Scarlet and Ch...
2.5M 59.7K 82
❝ Kiss me slowly As if the seconds didn't pass As if it were a farewell Look at me with the shine Of the illusion of spring Of the excitement of summ...
109K 3.5K 15
When Chandler tries to prove to Meredith he can be in a just sex relationship, they both end up getting more than they asked for, despite both of the...
98.6K 3.2K 32
"Isabella, that's a beautiful name, what does it mean?" "Joey, aren't you Italian?" "Yeah, so?" "Joey, her name is Italian. It means beautiful." ...