Hiraeth : Numinous [COMPLETE]

By adi_tales

A short story in Sotus:Hiraeth universe. More

▪️01▪️
▪️02▪️
▪️03▪️
▪️05▪️
▪️06▪️

▪️04▪️

631 70 15
By adi_tales

Eyes brimming with tears, Top watched the blurred silhouette of his Por walking away. Since he has stepped foot in the lives of Arthit and Kong it has been the first incident that either of his fathers had ever raised a hand on him. He had broken imported crockery, destroyed expensive things, even thrashed Arthit's newly bought car in a fit of rage but they had never raised a hand on him until now - and for what ? A painting !

Was it his fault to want to give his father something unique that no one can give him? He had enough money to gift something expensive but it would hold no meaning in Kongpob's eyes for he had never valued brands and luxurious items. That's why he had decided to continue the tradition of promoting hidden gems of the Art world in the society, an initiative by his papa Arthit. He had not only managed to attract the eyes of elites and sell the paintings at higher prices than they would normally fetch, he had also managed to collect the highest sum to donate ,in the history of their exhibition. And it was all ruined because of this stupid media.

Instead of being happy and patting his back, his father had slapped him in the middle of the hospital corridor - all because of idiocy of media. Yes, it was the fault of those third grade tabloid news-people who didn't have anything worth doing rather than poking their noses where they didn't belong.

His father was not angry over the fact that he took or even exhibited the portrait. The culprit was the news it created. He was punished for something he not only didn't intend to happen, he never even imagined it. There was nothing wrong with the portrait except the fact that it was made with love by pouring hundreds of hours of hard work. If he could, he would burn down every media house in the city. Useless people ! Useless News ! That's why he didn't watch those stupid news, he only watches stock exchange and weather news .

Top took out his phone and browsed for the latest entertainment news, his anger towards the reporters already simmering under the surface.

" Arthit Rojanapat - The generous benefactor or an Opportunist ? " The lady stressed the word opportunist more than needed.

" Yes...this is the question people are asking after the superstar had admitted that the alleged portrait was exhibited in his knowledge and by his permission. While it had shut the rumors of extra marital affair, it has sparked a new debate on ethical behaviour.

It is well known that Arthit Rojanapat is not only a philanthropist but also an Art enthusiast and one of the benefactors of several old age homes and orphanages, promoting adoption of children and old people alike.

While he had been praised for his giving attitude and outstanding initiatives,the recent event had drawn him under huge fire . People are claiming that all the donations and charity events have only been cheap publicity tactics, same as the recent one. " The lady was babbling more and more nonsense but Top's patience had thinned out. After scrolling through tons of self proclaimed news channels, Top found the clip of his Papa's press conference.

His heart clenched seeing red rimmed eyes of his father, he had never seen Arthit looking lost like he was now. His papa Arthit had always been a brilliant performer, great prankster and super confident individual who had achieved it all. He had been the star Top envied and had ground himself hard to shine like Arthit Rojanapat. Because no matter how much he would convince himself otherwise, his heart knew Arthit deserved all the love, name and fame he had been given for he returns everything tenfold.

" Sawadee Khrap. I am here to talk about the recent issue that you must already know of. First of all I would like to apologize to everyone for disappointing you. Also to all the artists that participated in the exhibition, I want to say I am really sorry for my negligence and took away the focus from the main heroes of the show - that was you.

The portrait that was exhibited is drawn by a person very dear to me, while I would like to keep his name anonymous , I would like to clarify,they are not Khun Shekharan.

In my negligence and my love for the portrait, I foolishly included it to be exhibited , at that time I only thought about the artist doing a commendable job and didn't think about the circumstances.

I accept that this exhibition was not the right place for the portrait. In my foolish ignorance, I have hurt feelings of many people, my fans, the artists in exhibition and even people working with me. I would like to request all of you to accept my sincerest apologies with a promise that I will work hard to never ever repeat this mistake consciously. "

After Arthit's official statement, reporters started grilling Arthit on questions related and unrelated to the issue.

" Khun Rojanapat, why aren't you revealing the name of the artist ? "

" Was this an effort to promote your upcoming movie Scandals 2 ? "

" How do you see your relationship with the director of the movie and one of your closest friends ' Shekharan ?

" We have heard that your partner Khun Kongpob- "

" Husband " Arthit corrected, visibly angry at the reporter.

" We have heard that your husband is not happy with your friendship with Shekharan."

These and many such relevant and irrelevant questions were brought to which Arthit calmly replied, a polite smile forever slapped on his lips.

While it may look like Arthit was calm, Top knew better. The little to no eye contact, extra smooth voice and fake smile - all indicated the turbulence churning inside Arthit. Weakness , as Arthit called it.

He has never seen his por angry, his papa has never been seen weak - it all happened because of a painting.

He will bring it back.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Kong had driven to Arthit's office only to be informed that his husband had already left the place with his manager, for some press conference.

Even after driving to the venue where the press meet was held, Kong got the same answer. Arthit with his manager, had already left for home.

Kong jumped back in the driver's seat, taking a u turn towards home, simultaneously calling Arthit repeatedly.

" Pick up...Pick up Oon." Kong mumbled, his heart beating in his throat as the minutes passed without getting in contact with Arthit.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

After the conclusion of the press meet, Arthit dragged his feet to his car. Stumbling in the back seat.

" Sorry Kong. " He murmured, tears that were frozen behind his eyes until now fell freely.

Sorry for not being strong enough.

Arthit took out a piccolo that he had earlier hid in the inner pocket of his suit. Bringing the bottle to his lips, he tried to forget the cruel words of reporters that will be forever branded in his memory. The little bottle wasn't enough but coupled with Bacardi 171 he had downed prior to the press meet, it served its purpose. Him being able to think straight after downing half a bottle of Bacardi was a miracle in itself. Seems like his body hadn't forgotten the taste of alcohol. How would it ? There was a time when alcohol used to run through his vein instead of blood.

He didn't know when P'Jane claimed the spot behind the steering wheel. He was suddenly aware of the outside world only after being vigorously shaken by P'Jane.

" Arthit ... " P'Jane snatched an almost empty bottle out of his hands . " Where did you even get this ? " He chided, corked the bottle and stashed it away..

The car ride was silent after that, leaving Arthit to ponder in his drunken stupor.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Oon ! Thank god you picked up. Why weren't you picking up your phone? I was so worried.... Oon ..Oon are you there ? Oon..."

" Kong ...." The pitiful rasp on the verge of crying, stabbed through Kong's heart.

" Arthit....Arthit where are you ? "

" Kong I'm sorry." Arthit slurred, trying to make sense if he was really speaking what he intended, tears falling through his eyes shouldn't make speaking harder but it did.

" Arthit ! Talk to me...Arthit ! " Kong sick with worry, almost shouted into the phone " Arthit please tell me where are you ? "

" I'm really sorry - " intense retching noises were heard on the phone that got Kong even more worried.

" Arthit ...What is happening ?Is P'Jane with you ? Someone...anyone ? "

" Koongggg - " Arthit tried to speak but the words got garbled, alcohol he had downed on empty stomach, made his way out.

" Arthit- " P'Jane had partially turned to hand him a trash bag, his eyes raised in gratitude , only to widen in fear in the very next second to see the divider suddenly speeding up to him.

" Turn " Arthit shouted.

" Arthit ! " Kong's concerned shout was drowned out by the booming sound of crash.

.....

10 minutes later , an anonymous call informed him of Arthit's accident, Kong turned his car, driving madly towards the address of hospital Arthit and the driver was admitted in..

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Seeing the swarm of reporters hovering around the premises of the hospital had his blood boiling. Sook and Kong had come out of the hospital for steroids, used to bring down the brain swelling.  It had been exhausted in hospital supply and needed to be urgently brought from an external pharmacy.

The pharmacy Kong visited didn't have the prescribed drug, fortunately it was available in one that Sook visited. So, now Kong was on his return journey. Ignoring the reporters he tried to wade his way to hospital entrance but got blocked by a reporter who even politely asked

" Sir, Khun Rojanapat has been admitted in hospital due to head injury. Can you tell our viewers more about Khin Rojanapat's condition and about the accident ? How did it happen ? " The reporter asked.

Kong took a deep breath, so as to not lash out and punch the reporter dead at the spot. Here, his husband had been severely hit on head, fractured a leg; right now he was put under medically induced coma to reduce the swelling his brain suffered due to nitpicking of these cretins and they dared to ask 'would he be able to tell more about it ? '

He sure had a lot to tell.

" Sure." he gritted, snatching the mic from reporter's hand. "Yes, I would like to tell you more about Arthit Rojanapat's condition. But, first of all, let me ask - shouldn't you be the one to know more about it ? Because , you and hoard of gossip mongers like yourselves have been the source of my information about my husband. You know it all.

My husband's affair with Shekharan who is my distant relative and no close friend of Arthit. I've come to know the painter of portrait that I've drawn is Shekharan and this caused sudden splitting our 23 years relationship, while my husband has been nothing but fiercely loyal.

It is you who have informed the people of the hideous crime my husband committed,of stealing limelight from a deserving artist, a limelight that my husband had brought on them in the first place. Because it is perfectly logical for him to first draw them under focus and then steal it.

It is you who had informed me of the 'no nude' clause in my husband's contract, that was never there.

It was again, the ever benevolence of you people that I discover adultery of my husband every other week, because it costs you nothing to wave your tongue and craft heinous lies, tearing apart reputations and lives of people just because they have committed the crime of being a part of showbiz.

It is you people, who have taught me, it is professionally , morally and ethically right to ask an eighteen year old about his father's affairs in the middle of the road. And it is right of every parents, sitting at their homes to see what this traumatised child, suddenly surrounded by strangers, clicking her photos while she trembled under the flashlights - and her fear to be coined as her disappointment in his father.

It is you who have taught me all that I know about my husband and my family. Let me ask you today - Sir, why don't you know the cause of my husband's condition ? Would you like to tell more about it to your viewers ?"

Kong growled seeing reporters shrinking back. " Come back . " He thundered " Don't you want to know how I feel seeing my husband laying in coma, almost lifeless ? Don't you want to know if my heart is breaking in pieces or not? " Kong shouted and shouted, rage finally giving way to tears, he slid on the concrete path, finally giving way to the grief to flow...

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Top perked up hearing the ringtone of his phone, seeing his secretary's name flashing on the screen only helped the blooming smile on his lips. Seth never disappoints.

" Seth,open your mouth only if you have good news to tell. "

" We have got the painting, boss. But, it costed -"

" Cost doesn't matter. Have it brought back safely at home. " Top ordered and cut the call without hearing an affirmative reply.

He smiled, happy to have finally corrected his mistake. This part was genuinely his fault and he accepts it. Rest of the fiasco was the media's progeny and he would make those money minded immoral news company's pay their due. He had already talked to his lawyers about slapping a defamation and harassment case against all those media houses milling money from running ridiculous bullshit about his papa. Even a blind person would see how madly in love his papa and por still are , yet these nincompoops dared to raise a question mark on his papa's devotion towards his por!

And those ridiculous accusations of stealing limelight from the deserving artists. He would let them know it was his papa who gave them the platform to exhibit their talent ,its height of ridicule to point a finger at Arthit Rojanapat. The man although was born in rags and now reached riches with his own efforts, he had never forgotten the bottom where he started from. His papa like his name was a sun - giving warmth and affection, help and support unconditionally to any and all who need it.

The group of opponents who were running these rumor mills were also gonna pay.

He had right his wrong, now it was time to take responsibility as eldest of the house.

' Por, I have brought back your painting. Are you still angry ?' he texted his Por. If it would have been any other day, reply would have come instantly, it wasn't even duty timings of his por. But, today he waited for half an hour still no reply came, he even called but por didn't pick up.

Instead, he got a phone call from Pricha.

" Top,you need to go home. Be there with your sisters. They will need you. Don't let them panic, your papa will be alright in no time"

" Por- " his voice trembled badly,he couldn't make himself speak out the sentence his brain formed.

" No, it's Arthit. His car got in an accident, he had suffered head trauma. "

" But, Papa is an excellent driver- " it was a fact, Arthit had taught Top driving, which also cost the actor later, but those were good times when father and son would bond over their shared love for cars.

" Thankfully,P'Jane was driving. Arthit wouldn't have survived the crash while driving under influence of alcohol. " Pricha informed in a clipped tone " Take care of Mili and Mali. "

" Alcohol , how ? Papa doesn't drink . " His queries were unheard as the call was long hung up.

Top was left to hold his head and scream.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 1.7K 4
***Random Short story***
34.5K 2K 17
It all started when Arthit saved a stranger one day. The amazing and beautiful characters used in this story are from Sotus by bittersweet.
73.4K 3.3K 31
Arthit x Kongpob I don't owe the character. They belong to Bittersweet. I am just plotting them in my story. Just read. I don't know how to say anyt...
34.5K 1.9K 35
Short stories and one shot of krist and singto. One shot - completed Story 1,2,3- completed Son in law - completed Story 4 - ongoing.