The Painting || BTS TAEHYUNG

By bangtanpoetry_

Travelling 200 years back in time, The clock is ticking and time is running, But my heart stopped beating wh... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Poisoning curiosity
Chapter 3: Mahiron
Chapter 4: 1819
Chapter 5: The royals
Chapter 6: The first glance
Chapter 7: Decisions
Chapter 8: Regret
Chapter 9: Courtesans
Chapter 10: Spins of new Beginnings
Chapter 11: Confused emotions
Chapter 12: You
Chapter 13: The Wedding Ceremony
Chapter 14: Invasion of Privacy
Chapter 15: Bathed in Blood
Chapter 16: I trust you
Chapter 17: Fairytale
Chapter 18: Waterfall of memories
Chapter 19: Love is timeless
Chapter 20: Uninvited Surprise
Chapter 21: The Truth
Chapter 22: Your Majesty
Chapter 23: Butterflies at Dusk
Chapter 24: Bloodline
Chapter 25: Destination Home
Chapter 26: Far away
Chapter 27: The Moon
Chapter 28: Love in the fields
Chapter 29: Dark storm
Chapter 30: Sacrifice
Chapter 31: Ancient Ceremony
Chapter 32: Blue Rose
Chapter 33 : Masquerade Ball
Chapter 34: Forgive me
Chapter 35: Same sky
Chapter 37: Exhibition
Chapter 38: Ignited Love
Chapter 39: A tale of destiny
Chapter 40: Rainy night
Chapter 41: Autumn breeze
Chapter 42: The same fields
Chapter 43: Secrets
Chapter 44: Enchanted swing
Chapter 45: Bell of Destiny
Chapter 46: Salvation
Chapter 47: Burned Roses
Chapter 48: Realization
Chapter 49: The Last color
Chapter 50: The End
Epilogue

Chapter 36: Daegu

35.1K 2.3K 2.4K
By bangtanpoetry_

The game of love started unintentionally,
we got rid of the cards one after the other until the chase of the King has began.
Neither of us framed the rules of time and destiny, neither of us smelled the scent of losing nor winning, we had no control over the path we were following, we were just players caught in the game of love and time.

How did we play it ?

When Junho ran towards me and I immediately wrapped my arms around his petite body, hugged him firmly and let the sweet and innocent scent of my little brother fill my nose and caressed his messy hair from staying awake all night until his sister would arrive home.

"Noona were you in pain ?" He asked me while he played with my hair with his little fingers and glanced into my eyes with a worried expression on his face which made my heart melt.

"Now that you hugged me I healed" I broke the hug and cupped his little face with both of my hands, his doe eyes were staring worried at me before he started pouting.

"Noona stop lying, you're crying!" I gulped and before he started crying my mother entered the hallway and my heart sank.

"Eomma..?" I whispered, almost not believing my own eyes.

I had sleepless nights fighting with myself and breaking down at the thought of living without my family, at one point I thought that I will never see them again, I tried to gulp down the urge and the void of them in order to stay with my love, but now I realized how much I really missed them and needed them in my life.

I ran into her arms and hugged her as if my life was depending on it.

"Oh my little baby, what has happened that you give us with so much love today?" She asked while stroking my hair.

"Nothing Eomma...just like that" I shut my eyes and pressed my lips together.

My hand was shaking when I placed it on the cold doorknob of my room I left weeks ago, after taking in a deep breath I nodded to myself and pushed it down to step inside. I frown when my eyes traveled the room I grew up in but why did it feel so different? Why did the scent of my room smell so unfamiliar although I spent most of the time of my life inside this room?

Why does my bed which always felt like the coziest bed in the whole wide world doesn't look comfortable anymore ? Why does it feel like something is missing in here ?
Why does the windows look so small when I always thought they were the widest ?

I closed the door behind me and walked towards my dressing table exactly how I had it in my mind before leaving 2019.

When I sat on the little chair in front of my dressing table I didn't dare to open my eyes and look into the mirror in front of me.

Who would I see ?

The girl I was before traveling in time ?

Or the girl who is madly in love with someone she can't have ?

Who would it be ?

I slowly lifted my eyes, I almost let out a wince when I met my own reflection while the tears started building up inside my eyes.

He was there

His traces were all over me

I breathed out and lifted my hand to touch the mirror where my own reflection was looking at me, trying to catch my own tears the way he used to do it, the way his eyes darkened before they slowly softened and filled me with his warmth which I could still positively feel gleaming on my skin.

"I miss you my love" I lowered my head while grabbing onto the edge of the mirror.

A buzzing made me jump up, I quickly looked around and realized that it was my phone lighting up.

I quickly grabbed the thing which almost felt foreign in my hands after not seeing it for a while, I always thought that not having my phone by my side would kill me but time proved me wrong, drown in the toxicity of social media we have lost the sense of reality which is so much more than the world inside our phones proves us. Things I have felt and witnessed were memories social media could never provide, because just like Lisa has said, the most beautiful moments are felt by heart so why taking out your phone and posting every detail of your life ? For whom ? What do you get from it ? You never know who wishes for the life you have, you never know what one picture of you can do to a person...

I shook my head and trying to shift my thoughts and focus on my display blinking display which had Lisa's name written on it.

"Pack your bags baby cause you're going to spend the most memorable week of your life in DAEGUU!!"

We will..what ?

"Lisa you know that I'm not in the mood for fun, leave me out of this you guys should enjoy your time"

I placed my phone down without looking at any other messages I might have received while I was gone.

But when the same buzzing sounded again I glanced over at my display.

"We will pick you up at 11 tomorrow. Be ready baby girl."

I sighed while placing my head inside my hands.

...Daegu ?

~

The next morning did arrive too early, last night I crawled into my bed and pulled up the sheets over my head to cry myself to sleep. The first night at home wasn't easy at all, I felt lonely despite my family being around me and checking up on me every two hours in which I heard the door carefully opening and closing again after a few seconds.

It felt weird being back while drowning in the same vivid memories, falling asleep without him watching me when I wake up, without hearing loud stamps of the guards behind the door while they would protect the royal room.

It all felt like a dream which ended way too soon.

While packing my bag I caressed my clothes and smiled sadly, though I wasn't a big fan of those heavy dresses I have to admit that I got pretty used to wearing them and the feeling I would get from wearing those princessy dresses.

I wasn't in the mood for this trip at all, Jisoo told me that our summer holidays would start today which I have forgotten completely while being gone. Before this mess I had planned on staying at my grandparents for a few days before everything had took such a drastic turn in my life.

I've never been to Daegu but maybe..maybe leaving this environment would help me to breathe again and forget the reality once again.

I shook my head because the further I would think about everything the more I would increase the lump inside my throat.

"Y/n?" The door slowly opened and my mother stepped inside with a plate full of toasts on it.

"Eomma.." I whispered when she walked towards my bed and placed the plate on my nightstand before sitting next to me on my bed. I placed my head on her shoulder while she caressed my hair in silence and let my tears run out of my swollen eyes.

"Whenever you want to talk, Eomma is here." She said calmly but her voice was shaking which made me shut my eyes..

"Eomma I..I fell in love" I said before my voice broke down and a sob escaped my trembling lips.

"I know dear, I know" She said and I immediately lifted my head while my lips parted in shock as she smiled softly and wiped my hot tears away.

"H-How?" I whispered while she placed my hair strands behind my ear.

"When the daughter falls in love the mother just knows" She smiled which made me pout before another tear escaped my eyes.

"What is his name ?" She asked while I sniffled and averted my eyes from hers while staring at the bright sky where the moon got overshadowed by the sun, but I could feel it even though it wasn't visible I could feel it next to me.

"Kim Taehyung" My voice sounded raspy and my heart skipped a beat when I said his name out loud to my mother which made me close my eyes while my chest heaved up and down.

"Taehyung..." She repeated while smiling brightly and wiping my tears away with her thumbs.

"Oh Eommoni did she made you cry too?" I flinched when Lisa suddenly entered my room, dark big glasses sitting on her little nose, her long black hair perfectly falling down her shoulders while she combined a plain white tee with tight black jeans around her beautiful toned long legs.

"Oh Lisa my dear it's nice to see you again" My mother sniffled while standing up and walking over to Lisa to hug her as I ran a hand through my hair.

"It's already past 11 I told you to be ready señorita" She took off her glasses and glared at me which made me chuckle before smiling at my mom who watched us with an amused smile on her lips.

"I have made you smoothies downstairs don't forget to drink them before leaving girls. Be careful while driving and don't stay up too long" She warned us playfully

"Don't worry Eommoni with this Halmoni here we will probably fall asleep at 8 pm" Lisa grinned at me which made me send her death glares while my mother laughed amused

"Lisa Noona ?" Junho rubbed his eyes while entering my room with his dark blue pajamas.

"Oh my little sleepy head" Lisa's eyes widened before picking him up and cuddling him which made Junho giggle inside her arms.

With a last glance at us my mom slowly left my room but not before she smiled knowingly at me which made me chuckle shyly while averting my eyes from her to the wide sky through my window and smiling deep in thoughts because at least it was the same sky we could look at.

~

My head was resting against the cool window while the rain drops were pouring against it which helped me to relax my muscles and shut my eyes.

"Come on Y/n don't act like an old grandma we are here to forget the reality and have some fun don't you dare to turn into a party killer" Lisa warned me with her eyes before smiling brightly and ruffling my hair.

I nodded while yawning and looking out of the window but I frown while my heart suddenly started hammering inside my chest.

I winced while massaging where my heart was beating rapidly, my stomach started twisting and my palms turned sweaty.

"J-Jisoo" I breathed out

"Y/n ? What's wrong ?!" She looked between me and the road while I could almost positively feel my heart jumping out of my chest.

"Stop the car Ji" Lisa said from the backseat while my chest heaved up and down heavily until Jisoo stopped the car on the side of the road and I stumbled out of the car.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply when the fresh air filled my nose and ran down my lungs as the heavy rain drops were falling on me.

Lisa and Jisoo stepped out of the car shortly after and rushed towards me while I was trying to steady my breathing.

"Where does it hurt ?" Jisoo asked me carefully while I gulped and gasped for breath.

"I-I can't explain it but my heart suddenly started racing it was a weird feeling.." Jisoo opened her umbrella and held it above us while my breathing slowly got steadier and relieved their worry.

"When will we arrive in Daegu ?" I asked while slowly pushing my wet hair out of my face, I just wanted to change and get into a bed to sleep.

Sleep turned out to be my only escape from reality

And it definitely seemed like I couldn't handle the reality for too long

"We have just entered Daegu" Jisoo said and my heart skipped a beat.

~

We took our luggages out of the trunk and my eyes widened while staring at the summer house Lisa has provided for us.

"Rosé really had a summer house like this and we didn't know about it ?" Jisoo gasped while I nodded in awe.

"It's beautiful" I said before the door opened and a smiling Rosé stepped out of the house in a beautiful long summer dress.

"Yah Park Chaeyoung" Lisa shouted happily

"Yah Lalisa" Rosé ran down the steps and hugged Lisa tightly.

We met Rosé in high school before she decided to have an exchange year in Australia but it happened that she got so used to living there that she decided to spend two more years in Australia before flying back to South Korea last year in winter.
Rosé is a hardworking sweetheart who attended every theatre performance of Jisoo and I and cheered for us like a true sister.
It broke our hearts that she decided to live for three years in Australia but we are glad that she is back now and we try our best to catch up the missing three years of our friendship.

"Why isn't my angel smiling?" Rosé hugged me firmly before smiling brightly and giving me the 'I'm here if you want to talk' look which I responded with a smiling nod before she hugged Jisoo and let us in her vacation house.

I placed my luggage down and as if in a trance I walked over to the wide terrace and stared at the green scenery behind the windows.

Something about this city was making me feel uneasy since we have arrived here, the rhythm of my heartbeats has fastened, I was sweating and my breathing was heavy, I was almost feeling dizzy and alive at the same time.

What was it ? Am I imagining things again ?

A sudden hand on my shoulder made me flinch roughly while holding my breath and slowly turning my head over to look at the person.

"It's me sweetie" Rosé chuckled while I fully turned around and glared at her grinning face.

"Don't scare me like that" I breathed out while running a hand through my hair.

"I couldn't help it" She giggled and when she noticed my heavy breath her smile died down.

"Come on let's get some fresh air" She pushed the terrace windows open to the side and stepped out, I followed her and sighed deeply, inhaling the fresh air mixed with the smell of the rain from an hour ago and letting it run down my lungs and wake up every single cell of my body.

She crossed her arms in front of her chest while staring at the beautiful scenery in front of us which reminded me of the fairytale I used to live just a few days ago.

My body would immediately react to every green scenery we drove past on our way to Daegu, my body got tensed and sweat started running down my temples.

"Whatever it is Y/n, how painful and heavy it feels right now it will eventually pass and you will see the light again." She turned her head over to me while my body tensed at her words.

"I'm tired Rosé, tired if this heavy weight on my shoulders and on my heart, tired of flying and not finding the ground again" I sighed after sitting on a chair while she took the seat across from me.

"Every healing process needs it's own time but as times goes by the weight will be lifted from your shoulders, humans are strong enough to survive every suffocating storm, you are a strong girl Y/n and I'm speaking of what I've seen and got to know from you" She smiled and nodded at me.

"Use this vacation to shut your mind off from the reality and let us enjoy our time just like the old days and when you are ready to talk you know that I'm always here for you , right ?"
Her delicate voice and warm hearted words made me feel lighter and I could feel a smile appearing on my lips.

"Thank you Rosie" I smiled genuinely and somehow she suddenly reminded me of Jugyeong, the way she gracefully carries herself, the poise while she talks, the floating emotions inside her eyes just made me smile and my heart fill with a warm feeling of home.

Maybe this trip will really be able to let me forget everything around me.

In the afternoon we were getting ready to head out, the girls said something about a special occasion they have planed for us to visit, I couldn't say that I was excited but neither could I say that I wasn't excited at all.

I wanted to get my head free away from the burdening reality and I didn't wanted to act like an old grandma so that we could make beautiful memories because one thing that I've learned from everything is that life is full of turns and surprises and that we should enjoy every single moment with people we love and cherish because at the end we don't really know anything about our tomorrow.

It's been already two days since I haven't heard his voice, looked into his eyes and smelled his scent and it was driving me crazy.
That something he awoke inside me was craving for him, his love was burning inside me and I didn't know how to cool it down.

I was madly drowning in his love, falling deeper and crazier for him with every passing second.

"Are your ready Y/n?" Jisoo peeked her head inside the room and I nodded.

"I guess so..I didn't know what to wear you know.." I scratched my neck, slightly embarrassed which made her chuckle and take a glance at my luggage.

"Give me a second" She said before heading towards my luggage and look through my clothes I have packed this morning.

"Here wear this" She handed me my short summerly dress and I raised my eyebrow.

"Are you sure ?" I asked confused, not knowing where we are heading to.

"Must be somewhere beautiful.." I murmured while grabbing the blue dress from her.

"It's because blue looks beautiful on you" She winked before standing up and walking towards the door.

And when she left I realized that since my eyes fell on that blue dress I was all the way holding my breath.

The rain didn't want to stop which definitely wasn't helping me to get in a better mood.

There was something about the rain which made it sound like a melancholic melody in my ears, a soft stroke against my skin and a heavy breath through my lungs.

"Wow this area looks frightening" Lisa took off her dark glasses while glancing out of the car window.

"There are many tales about this haunted area which say that the ghosts from the past still linger around this unvisited area" Rosé said while my body tensed and a sudden silence filled the car.

Jisoo started choking while Lisa started screaming at Rosé who couldn't help but burst into laughter while my heart dropped and a shiver ran down my spine.

"Yah Park Chaeyoung stop scaring me!" Lisa hit her arm playfully while putting her glasses back on and I gulped.

"I just told you what I have heard LiLi" Rosé chuckled and I breathed out while glancing around and digging my nails into my blue dress.

Why on earth did I even listen to Jisoo and wore this dress..?

"I mean it sounds legit just by looking at this dark forest" Lisa sighed and I glanced out of the window.

"Oh right, you guys remember Jennie Kim from high school ? We texted earlier and she told me that she will be there too" Rosé informed us and I furrowed my eyebrows, annoyed from their hide and seek game.

"Can someone tell me where we are heading to ?!" I spoke, annoyed by the fact that nobody would tell me where we were heading to which made us drive through this dead forest when instead we just could have visit the city like four civilized people.

"Baby girl calm down it's a surprise for a good reason" Lisa started massaging my shoulders and I sighed deeply in thoughts while watching the grand trees passing by us and softly scratching the car with their leafs.

Half an hour later my throat felt suddenly dry and I started coughing, a sudden heat flashed through my body and I felt dizzy. I grabbed my head while shutting my eyes and groaning as quiet as possible.

"Y/n?" Rosé placed her hand on my shoulder and I froze when a sudden flash of memories flashed in front of my eyes and his name escaped my lips.

"Y/n?" Lisa's voice sounded distanced while I shut my eyes completely, the dizziness started spreading through my skull making me wince on my seat.

"Y/n" The blood in my veins froze when the deep voice I was hungrily craving for filled every fiber in my body.

"T-Taehyung..?!" I whispered while my body was trembling and I started searching for his voice until someone started shaking my body and I shut my eyes open while gasping loudly for breath.

"Y/n!" I exhaled while my chest heaved up and down and Lisa pushed my hair out of my face.

"Here drink some water" I took the water bottle with shaking hands from Lisa and let it run down my burning throat.

"Y/n if you don't feel good we can turn back" I heard Rosé's muted voice but I hadn't enough energy to answer her because there was only one vivid voice ringing inside my head which made the tears slowly build up inside my eyes.

It was him

It was Taehyung's voice

And I wanted more, I wanted to hear his voice again

"No!" Lisa and Jisoo said at the same time and I flinched, slowly turning my head over to Jisoo who was smiling awkwardly.

"I mean she will feel better once we get there" Jisoo said awkwardly and Rosé sighed but once I turned my head back over to look out of the window I froze, my eyes widened while every cell of my body caught the fire ignited inside my body while a tear escaped my eyes and slowly ran down my cheeks.

I got closer to the window, slowly placing my shaking palm on the cold window before I started slamming against the window to open.

"J-Jisoo J-Jisoo..w-window!!" I breathed out, chest aggressively heaving up and down, my nails digging into the glass before suddenly the car window got pushed down and I sticked my head out while another tear rolled down my cheek.

This can't be

This can't be

This can't be

The same gates

The same entrance

The same trees but larger

The same castle

But

Aged in time

"Y/n!" I heard voices calling my name and hands around my torso trying to pull me inside the car but I shook my head while the tears were streaming down my cheeks and my heart was pounding rapidly inside my chest, my head was throbbing and my body was shaking.

This can't be

A cold shiver ran down my spine when we drove through the same entrance which we used to enter with the white fairytale horse.

I couldn't stop shaking my head

This couldn't be

The yearning for home, the grief for the place which felt more like home because it had my heart living inside it burned my body down, I have become homeless in you love yet the path lead me back to your doors my love.

I couldn't help but smile, feeling the salty tears falling on my trembling lips while my smile widened.

The castle suddenly turned gold again, guards standing around the castle and protecting the royal family appeared, loud horn trumpets could be heard again, was it real ? Was it all real ? Was I really back ?!

And then I couldn't help but chuckle happily and feel my heart racing inside my chest when I saw him standing at the entrance of the castle, the same red coat around his shoulders and the same luxious hair and toned body and the same dark alluring eyes I caught myself falling all over again for.

"We have arrived Y/n.." A sudden voice pulled me out of my imaginations and I fell back on the seat, the golden sparkles disappeared along with the guards and horn trumpets and when I lifted my head I froze, Taehyung wasn't standing there but a big painting picture of him was hanging above the entrance which froze me entirely and my smile die down.

My hands immediately reached out for the door and I stumbled out of the car, heavy rain pouring on my blue dress.

"Taehyung.." I whispered while taking a step forward before a hand wrapped around my wrist and stopped me from walking further.

"Y/n wake up please" The person shook my body but my eyes were glued on his eyes.

"But it's Taehyung" I whispered while a tear rolled down my cheek in trance I was almost begging her to let me go to see him one more time again.

"Y/n look at me, it's not Taehyung, it's not him" I flinched roughly, my heart racing when I turned my head and looked into Lisa's teary eyes while she shook her head.

"It's not him baby look again." She said and I slowly turned my head and gasped, grabbing her arms while stepping back and staring at the entrance of the castle.

"An exhibition in honor of K-King Taehyung's 200th d-death anniversary..?" I read out loud and my heart fell into my stomach and shattering into million pieces. I took another step back while shaking my head, rain drops running down my body and sticking the wet dress against my shivering body.

I asked you once what destiny has written for us

"Something so meaningful that even time can't catch up with it" You said

And you were right my love, time couldn't catch up with us

It had already separated us before meeting each other

"Lisa tell me this isn't true, tell me he is alive and this is just a bad nightmare hmn?" I tilted my head to the side, tears mingling with the cold rain drops.

"I'm so sorry my angel" She said and I broke into tears while shaking my head.

"No!" I screamed while holding my chest before she hugged me firmly and patted my back.

"Y/n I know it hurts and I know it is suffocating you but listen to me" Lisa said before cupping my face with both of her hands.

"He has written letters to you and they are all inside this castle. I don't know how the universe works but somehow it did made all of this happen for you two, this is an exhibition for you and only you Y/n, if you don't want to enter the castle we will immediately drive back but if you want to take this as an opportunity to say your last goodbye to him and listen to his words then we are here for you and will not leave your side like the last time, this time we are all next to you" She looked at Jisoo who was smiling warmly and nodding at me while holding an umbrella above us which I didn't even realize.

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.

Why am I still alive without you

Our hearts should cease together Taehyung

You've promised me this

And the King never breaks his promises

"I-It's so hard" I said while lowering my head.

It's been only two days since I saw you, how should I comprehend that your heart is not beating anymore? How should I look at the same sky when it's already a stranger without you for me?

"Stay strong for the sake of the love you two have shared Y/n, I'm sure he wanted you to read his letters and listen to what he wanted to say to you after you have left" Jisoo said and I nodded while sniffling and taking a deep shaky breath.

"It's been only two days, only two days since I saw him and now I'm standing on the same ground I was standing with him but he is gone ?! And now I'm standing here again this time with you guys but now that one special person isn't here anymore.." I sobbed while wiping my tears away.

"For me it was only two days but look at the castle, it has aged while holding the memories of us in within every wall" I smiled while letting my tears fall slowly and drop on the ground along with the rain drops.

"Guys!! I just have checked us in so we can enter the castle, the exhibition is on the second floor and from what the lady has told me they tried to recreate the hall of paintings or something like that which was the most famous hall of this castle back then" Rosé said and my heart skipped a beat at the mention of the hall that I haven't even realized she was gone.

The hall where we first met will be the hall where everything is going to end ?

"Is everything fine girls ?" She asked confused while holding the umbrella above her head before her eyes met mine and they all turned to me, waiting for my answer.

My chest was heaving up and down uncontrollably while my heart was racing and making it hard for me to breathe all I needed was a last glance at his grand picture hanging above the entrance to make me answer.

But on this rainy day neither of us saw the storm awaiting us.

___________

The longest chapter of The Painting y'all!!!!

Did you like it ?

Let me tell you a secret

It's a double update 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 4.1K 25
Never fell in love before?Oh don't speak too soon darlin'.You just haven't met Jeon Jungkook. Cover credits to @Xyxxi_ πŸ’˜ @Everything mentioned in my...
233K 9.9K 65
Jungkook was wash away from the storm and was found By Jin. Kim seok Jin take care of a young Mermaid he found and treat him as his own child and bro...
1.2K 133 21
"I swear on my entire existence; you're the best thing I have ever waited for." Anyone would be lucky to have him. I just never thought that someone...
321K 8.8K 30
β€’@jk.97 accepted your follow requestβ€’ β€’@jk.97 started following youβ€’ "Um, who?!" -β€’β€’β€’- β€’#25 jungkook (7.27.19) β€’#7 btsfanfic (6.10.21) β€’#5 btsfanfic...