The Hidden One (2)

By idksomethingnotlame

"You're an idiot." "Yeah, but I'm your idiot." Sequel to The Hidden One so read that first More

therapy
dinner parties
bus rides
aurors
hangovers
babies
weddings
honeymoons
hospitals
sneaking out
clubs
back home
tests
reveals
dragons
early
Skeeter
painting
babymoon
labor
Jamie
home
zoo
Halloween
trips
not an update
epilogue
the end
Bonus #1
Bonus #2

talking

6.3K 278 332
By idksomethingnotlame

Hi! I don't remember if I ever put the picture of house that I imagine Rose and Harry to live in up, so here it is! In my mind, their house is a little smaller and it has ivy growing over it, but this is basically it!

Rose spent the next two days in the hospital before she was finally allowed to go home. Tillie was absolutely ecstatic to see her and the cat refused to be out of eyesight from Rose, even following her into the bathroom. Harry was barely allowed to touch Rose because anytime he did, Tillie would hiss and scratch him.

"Rose, if that cat scratches me one more time, she's getting kicked out," Harry warned as he clutched his scratched hand. Rose just rolled her eyes as she had heard the threat multiple times over the past two days.

"Harry, it's just a cat," Hermione said with an eye roll as she scooped up Crookshanks. Since Ron still lived with Harry and Rose, Hermione was staying with them until it was safe for her to return to Hogwarts.

"That cat is half demon," Harry said as he glared at the cat, who was receiving pets from Rose.

"Tillie only ever attacks you," Ron said as he sat on the couch next to Hermione. Harry hesitantly sat down next to Rose, watching Tillie as the cat seemed to glare at him. They had decided to have a movie night to try and forget everything that had happened. Rose still couldn't talk, but Harry seemed to know everything that she needed to say.

Rose glanced around the room before looking at Harry.

"What?" Harry asked. Rose mimed eating and Harry let out a chuckle. "Popcorn?"

Rose nodded with a bright smile on her face.

"Where's the popcorn, Ron?" Hermione asked. "You were supposed to make it."

"I got distracted," Ron admitted.

"By what?" Harry asked.

"The auror outside," Ron said, sounding slightly sheepish. "It's not the first time that they've had to protect us, but it's still weird to see random people outside our house."

"It's for the best," Harry said, his arm that was around Rose's waist tightening a little. Rose clapped her hands to get everyone's attention before miming eating and pressing play. Hermione summoned the popcorn into the room as Harry got up to start the movie.

"You've gotten bossy," Ron complained. Hermione gasped loudly and hit him on the back of his head. Rose grabbed a nearby book and threw it at him, hitting him in the middle of the forehead.

"You've got to stop throwing stuff at people," Harry sighed as he sat back down, only to groan when someone knocked on the door.

"Who could that be?" Hermione asked anxiously.

"They've gotten through all the aurors, so someone we know," Ron said assuringly, but his hand was grabbing his wand anyways. Harry and Ron shared a look and nodded at each other. The quartet all held their wands as Harry slowly walked to the front door, throwing it open and holding his wand up.

"What a great way to welcome us."

The quartet all let out relieved sighs as Harry stepped aside to let Ginny and Cedric in.

"I told her that we should've written ahead, but she said no," Cedric said apologetically.

"It's fine," Harry said as he led the couple to the room with everyone else.

"These are for you," Ginny said happily as she shoved a vase of flowers into Rose's hands. Rose gave the flowers a tentative look, not wanting to get soaked again. "Don't worry, these don't shoot water at you."

Rose smiled gratefully and gave Ginny and Cedric a small hug of thanks as she brought the vase into the kitchen. She could faintly hear everyone talking as she smelled the flowers. Her senses were immediately overtaken and all she could smell was Harry. Rose practically ran into the small theater and immediately tackled Harry into a kiss, wrapping herself onto him like a koala. Harry quickly grabbed her so that she didn't fall, but pulled away from the kiss.

"What the bloody hell, Rose?" Harry asked, his cheeks red.

"I told you it would work!" Ginny said with a laugh. Cedric sighed and passed her a galleon. Rose blushed heavily as whatever clouded her senses went away. Harry gently placed her onto the ground as Ginny continued to laugh.

"Ginny put amortentia on the flowers," Cedric explained, a fond but embarrassed smile on his face. "I thought that they wouldn't do anything, but I guess I was wrong."

Rose flipped Ginny off as she plopped back onto the couch, curling into the arm of the couch.

"I'm sorry...but Rose's face was hilarious," Ginny panted through her laughs. "And Harry...hilarious!"

"Harry did look shocked," Hermione said with a small laugh.

"It's not the worst thing I've seen them do," Ron said with a grimace on his face. Rose and Harry both blushed as they remembered what Ron was talking about.

"We agreed to never talk about that again," Harry said.

"Please don't explain," Hermione said.

"Well, thank you for the laugh," Ginny said, a smile still on her face. "I think I'll go tell Fred and George so they can make a new product and give me money."

"Why don't you two stay and watch the movie with us?" Hermione offered. "We have more than enough food, and it's been a long time since all of us have hung out."

Ginny and Cedric looked at each other and shrugged, plopping down on the couch next to Harry and Rose.

"Oi, Diggory," Ron said. "That's my sister. Get your hands off of her."

Rose rolled her eyes at Ron. Ginny was curled into Cedric's chest and his hand was on her hip. Ron and Hermione were even closer, so he had no room to talk.

"Oh, go suck a-"

Cedric covered Ginny's mouth before she could finish her sentence, but Ron blushed anyways. Rose huffed as she grabbed the remote and pressed play before anyone else could talk. Harry smirked at her and placed a small kiss on her forehead. Tillie didn't like that, so she immediately clawed Harry's face. Rose giggled and reached up to heal him.

"No healing," Harry reminded her, his voice soft since the movie had started. Roae huffed angrily. The healers had told her not to heal anyone else until the poison was completely out of her system. It felt odd for her to not heal others, but she knew that it was for the best.

"Shut up!" Ginny said, throwing a piece of popcorn at Harry and Rose. Harry was able to catch the piece in his mouth, and Ginny responded by sticking her tongue out at him. Rose smiled at her friend and husband. For the first time since she woke up, the sense that something bad was going to happen was almost gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rose still wasn't talking. It had been two weeks since she had been attacked, and the healers had told her that she could talk, but she hadn't uttered a single word. Obviously, everyone was worried, but there was little they could do. Rose would have to start talking by herself.

"Travers killed someone else," Ron said with a sigh as he read the Daily Prophet. The quartet was eating breakfast together as they did every morning. Usually they tried to have much brighter conversations, but it was different this morning.

"Does it say who?" Hermione asked anxiously.

"No, just that it was a muggleborn," Ron said. "They graduated from Hogwarts the same year as Travers, so whoever it is, we don't know them."

"Can you believe that it's already almost the first anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts?" Harry asked.

"Three more months," Ron sighed.

"Professor McGonagall was planning the memorial service when we left," Hermione said. "She wants you to talk, Harry. And you, Rose."

Rose started moving her eggs around on the plate instead of answering. The other three sighed as they were hoping that she would've talked again.

"I...I think I'd be able to talk," Harry said, watching his wife with sad eyes. "I'm not sure what I'd say, but I have time to figure that out."

"Professor McGonagall will probably be sending you a letter soon," Hermione told him. Rose stood up to put her plate in the sink. Unfortunately, she tripped over Ron's chair and dropped the plate, shattering it everywhere. Without thinking, she let out a small cuss as she tried to find her wand.

"You talked," Harry said breathlessly. It had felt like ages since he had heard her voice, and he missed it more than he knew was possible.

Rose shook her head no as she wandlessly summoned her wand into her hand and fixed the plate. She hurried to clean it in the sink, ignoring everyone's looks.

"Is your hand okay?" Harry asked, hoping that she would respond. Rose just nodded her head yes, causing Harry to frown.

"Merlin, Rose! Just talk to me!" Harry yelled as he stood up. Rose froze a little as she scrubbed her plate. Hermione and Ron quickly left the room, not wanting to get into the middle of what was happening.

"It's been two weeks since you got hurt! All the healers say that you can talk again, so why won't you?" Harry asked, his tone desperate and angry at the same time. As always, Rose didn't answer as she continued to clean the dishes the muggle way.

"It's not hard to talk!" Harry said loudly. "You used to do it all the time, but I guess you forgot that. Hell, I almost forgot what your voice sounded like until just now, and I miss it, Rose. I miss it so much, so please, I'm begging you. Please just talk again."

Rose's hands were shaking as she scrubbed at a plate. She let out a pained gasp when the plate shattered due to how much pressure she was putting on it, cutting her hand in multiple places. Rose grasped her hand to her chest as she slid down the cabinets in front of the sink to sit on the ground, tears running down her face.

"You're okay," Harry said assuringly as he sat in front of Rose, gently grabbing her hand as it slowly healed. "You're okay, and we're all okay."

"It's not okay," Rose said, her voice scratchy and broken. Harry's eyes filled with tears as he finally heard her voice.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked as he wiped away her tears.

"You have to end this once and for all," Rose choked out through her tears.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"You have to go after Travers and the other Death Eaters," Rose admitted. Harry's eyes grew wide as he looked at her in shock. "You're the only one who can end this for us. It has to be you."

"What...what made you change your mind?" Harry asked.

"I had lots of time to think over the past few weeks," Rose said, remembering that Dumbledore told her not to tell anyone about their talk. Harry let out a small chuckle as he sniffed, trying not to cry.

"Is that why you haven't been talking?" Harry asked.

"I've been scared," Rose admitted. "I was scared because I knew that I'd have to tell you to become an auror. I wanted to put it off so that I could pretend that it didn't have to happen."

"I can still wait," Harry reminded her. "I can still wait a few more years and then become an auror. I don't have to do that now."

Rose imagined Death Eaters storming into their house and taking a child, just like Dumbledore warned could happen. Rose squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head.

"You have to do this now," Rose said. "We have to get rid of the Death Eaters now. There's no time to waste."

"What if you became an auror too?" Harry asked, sounding almost desperate. "That way we could be together and we wouldn't have to worry about each other."

"I wish I could, but that's not for me," Rose said sadly. "I can't run around and fight Death Eaters anymore. I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime."

"I don't want you here alone if I'm gone for weeks at a time," Harry said. "I...I can't risk that."

"Ron and Hermione will be here," Rose reminded him.

"They're house searching at the moment, so there's no guarantee that they'll still live here. Plus, Ron will probably become an auror with me while Hermione isn't done with school," Harry said with a shake of his head.

"We don't have to worry about that now," Rose said softly. "What we do have to worry about is getting me some water cause my throat hurts."

Harry grinned at her and helped her stand. He used his wand to fix the plate that Rose shattered as she found a glass and filled it with water.

"Please don't stop talking again," Harry whispered as he leaned his forehead against hers.

"I'm sorry," Rose said. "I won't."

Harry placed a small kiss on her lips but it quickly grew more heated.

"Want to kick Ron and Hermione out for the afternoon?" Rose asked in between kisses.

"Merlin, yes," Harry panted as he threw Rose over his shoulder and ran upstairs, a bright smile on his face as she laughed.

"Harry, put me down!" Rose laughed. Harry threw her down on their bed and ran out of the room. Rose giggled as she heard Ron and Hermione complaining before they apparated away. Harry was back in the room in record time. He immediately started kissing Rose, only to groan when they heard a hiss.

"Tillie says no," Rose said with a giggle as she saw the very large cat glaring at Harry from the floor.

"To hell with Tillie."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The next few weeks went by without incident. Harry and Rose talked more about what it would mean for him to become an auror, and while Rose still didn't like it, she knew that she had to let it happen. Harry had talked with the auror office, and he was immediately accepted into the training program. Ron had also joined, much to the displeasure of Hermione. The boys were gone almost all day to train, and they were often too tired to do much of anything when they came home.

"So, Ron," Sirius said as they all sat down for dinner. Sirius and Marlene had invited them over, and since the boys had a weekend off they agreed. "Is auror training better this time?"

"Yeah," Ron answered. "It's much better this time around."

"I'm just glad he's not coming home and sobbing anymore," Rose said as she grabbed a slice of bread for Arabella, who had been reaching for a slice for almost two whole minutes.

"He just comes home and sleeps now," Hermione said with a small laugh.

"I remember when Sirius tried to be an auror," Marlene said. "Mad-Eye trained him for one week before kicking him out."

"What'd he kick you out for?" Harry asked with a laugh.

"Back then you immediately went onto the field," Sirius said. "So I was fighting some Death Eaters with Prongs, and I stopped to fix my hair. Moody didn't like that."

"Merlin, Dad, you could've died," Rose said with a small laugh.

"Yeah, but if I'm gonna die my hair is gonna look good," Sirius said as he used his spoon to check his hair.

"What are you gonna do if you go bald?" Hermione asked.

"Die," Sirius said with a shrug.

"Don't be overdramatic," Marlene said with an eye roll.

"With how much Sebastian pulls my hair I'll probably be bald soon," Sirius said as he detangled his son's hand from his hair.  Sebastian let out a loud wail and started babbling angrily.

"Never have kids," Marlene sighed when Arabella started babbling too.

"Just don't have twins," Sirius said. "Don't get me wrong, I love Seb and Ari with my whole heart, but they're so much work."

"I wouldn't mind twins," Harry said with a shrug.

"As the one who has to push them out, I'd rather not have twins," Rose said, shuddering slightly.

"Can we not talk about birthing babies while we're eating?" Ron asked, a small grimace on his face.

"Fine," Marlene said. "Hermione, how's school?"

"It's good," Hermione said. "I'm finally ahead again since Ron isn't pestering me all day. Professor McGonagall has created a wonderful system."

"It sucks that you guys are having to do school from home," Marlene said. "I just hope that Travers is caught soon."

"Me too," Hermione said. "Neville says that there is definitely an odd feeling at Hogwarts right now. He says it's like it was last year."

"Why did Neville go back?" Sirius asked. "He was there last year, wasn't he?"

"He was," Rose answered. "He just didn't learn much and they never actually finished the year."

"Is it true that you two kissed?" Marlene asked. "Cause we've heard rumors, but we never knew for sure."

Rose immediately blushed and glanced at Harry. His jaw was clenched a little and his hold on his glass was tight.

"We did," Rose admitted.

"Mwah!" Arabella said, blowing a kiss into the air.

"That's exactly right, Ari," Marlene said encouragly.

"When I told Harry, I thought that he was going to kill Neville," Ron said with a snort.

"Yes, well, Harry kissed Cho while we were dating so he had no right to be upset, especially since we were broken up," Rose said.

"Are you ever going to let me forget that?" Harry asked with a sigh.

"No," Rose said.

"Neither am I," Sirius said, sending Harry a threatening look. Harry swallowed heavily and started shoving food into his mouth.

"Is it kinda weird that Harry is your godson and son-in-law?" Ron asked Sirius.

"It was slightly odd at first, but it's not that weird now," Sirius said. "The Mauraders are all legally related now in some form or another, so I'm happy."

"That reminds me of the time that James tried to adopt Sirius. He was almost your brother, Harry," Marlene said.

"What?" Harry asked with a small laugh. Unfortunately, his question wasn't answered because Tonks apparated into the room. Her hair was a determined red and she was wearing her aurors uniform. Harry and Ron stood up at the same time, knowing what her appearance meant.

"Suit up," Tonks said. "We know where Travers is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 269 15
I mean, the title is pretty self-explanatory
41.8K 709 49
"I hate you Nott" "Sure you do Potter" In which Aurora Potter claims she hates Theodore Nott, but does she really?... I do not own Harry Potter or th...
334K 4.1K 200
HARRY POTTER INSTAGRAM - complete self explanatory lol
42.6K 564 26
It's exactly as the title says with just a bit more ;)