Kingdom of Sin

Oleh mafiawhore

A King... Born in blood and bound by honour A Girl... Shaped by loss and destined for death And A Kingdom... Lebih Banyak

A/N
Aesthetics
00 | Prologue
01 | Elora
02 | Elora
04 | Elora
05 | Elora
06 | Elora
07 | Elora
08 | Elora

03 | Elora

2.1K 148 144
Oleh mafiawhore

The journey to the guest room with Nico was beguiling. The perpetual narrow collective of hallways was captivating with conflates of black, gold and crimson hues. The elegant, high ceilings and marble stone floors were a sight to behold.

Seeing something of this luxury was unfamiliar, strange and yet marvellous. The grandeur of the place made me more aware of my current attire; plain jeans and an old charcoal graphic t-shirt.

The squeaking of my trainers could be heard loudly as they collided with the lavish floors. My cheeks began to warm slightly as I felt out of place and minuscule in the enormity of this regal property.

I lowered my eyes to Nico's feet and observed his black dress shoes that were probably worth more than my annual income. Who knew criminals could make so much money kidnapping girls from their work.

I stopped moving as Nico halted in front of a black door and turned to me.

"This will be your room for your time here," he opened the door and strolled in, leaving me to trail behind, "Take some time to freshen up and Cin will ask for your presence in his office to discuss your part in the operation."

"When will that be?" I asked as my eyes scanned the large room.

"Whenever he is ready," he replied. "Any more questions?"

"Yes, actually. What is all of this? Are you some sort of crime syndicate or something?"I questioned.

"Cara," he drawled out, and a grin rose on his face "If I told you that I'd have to kill you."

He must have noticed the slight frown on my face as his grin fell, "I'm joking."

I had a feeling he wasn't joking.

With that, he left the room, door closing behind him.

The room was as beautiful as the rest of the building, with a large queen-sized bed, adorned in black and grey linen, placed in the middle of the room with a pair of ebony drawers on each side. Tall curtains were draped across a large window that seemed to be the only thing preventing the room to be in complete darkness.

I made my way towards another door on the left side and opened it to reveal a bathroom. Closing the door behind me, I slipped my shoes off and walked over to the large mirror that expanded across the entirety of one wall.

I grimaced as I saw the state of myself. My dark brown hair was unkempt and cascaded messily down my back. A small bruise had begun developing on the side of my face. I cautiously raised a hand to my face and pressed gently on the bruise, wincing slightly at the pain that jolted through me. I bet that asshole had dropped me when he brought me here.

I rolled my eyes and removed the rest of my clothes.

I headed over towards the glass panel of the shower and opened it. I stepped into the shower and adjusted the handle.

I jerked back as a burst of freezing water came spraying out. I cautiously placed my hand on the handle again and adjusted it until the temperature was scalding hot. I stepped under the water and closed my eyes as beads of water kissed my skin.

Taking some shower gel from the side of the shower, I began to lather it generously all over my body. Next, I took the two in one shampoo and condition and began to work it into my thick hair. The fragrance of the toiletries made it eminent that the products were intended for men.

Suddenly, a knocking sound echoed throughout the room and I rushed to turn the shower off and grab a towel from the counter.

Wrapping the soft fabric around my frame, I shouted out, "One second!"

Throwing the bathroom door open, I scrambled towards the bedroom door and flung it open to see a well-built man waiting there.

Damn. Where are all these men coming from?

"Buonasera,signorina!"He said, voice heavy with an Italian accent, "Capo richiede la tua presenza immediatamente."  (Good evening, miss) (Boss requires your presence immediately.)

I blinked.

"Uh."

He must have noticed my confused expression as he apologised and spoke again.

"Good evening, miss," he smiled, "Boss is ready for you in his office."

I nodded."One second while I change."

I shut the door and hurried to throw my clothes back on.

After I had changed, the man led me through the labyrinth of hallways and stairs again and left me standing at a large black door with a gold plate labelled 'Capo'.

These guys really liked the colour black.

I raised my hand to knock but hesitated. Am I really about to have a discussion with a guy who wants me to help him commit a crime? I have nothing against criminals, I could consider myself a criminal; I stole a bar of chocolate from a store once. But, this guy is the type of criminal with guns and probably wouldn't hesitate before putting a bullet in my head.

"Enter," spoke a deep, baritone voice, interrupting my internal thoughts.

Shit.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and blew out a breath before entering Cin's office.

His office was surprisingly empty compared to the rest of his mansion. I could only see a bookcase, a table pushed against the left wall with a whiskey decanter upon it, a desk and two leather chairs.

I focused on his large frame as I approached his desk, careful not to trip and embarrass myself. It was surprising at how many times that had happened to me before.

Cin was seated in a black leather chair, forearms rested on the desk and hands clasped together. The crisp white of his shirt sleeves, that were rolled up to his elbow, exposing his sun-kissed skin.

Face straight and posture stiff, his hard eyes bored into mine. He looked lethal.

"Elora. Nice of you to join me," he said lowly.

How does he know my name?

"You still have your nametag on"

Oh

I situated myself on the smaller seat in front of him.

"Let's discuss why you're here."

"To help you commit crimes," I offered.

"Sì," the corner of his mouth quirked slightly, "Good to know you are not completely braindead."

"When was I even partially braindead?"

"When you let Nico successfully kidnap you"

"He had a gun," I defended, my voice rising an octave higher.

He made a dismissive hand gesture.

"We're getting off track," he rose from his seat and walked towards me before relaxing casually on the edge of the desk. His legs parted slightly nearly touching mine, "When is your next workday?"

"Tomorrow," I replied.

"Okay. Tomorrow we will go to the mortuary and you will act as normal," he leaned his head towards me, "And you will get the post-mortem report labelled Emilia Nardelli and then leave without arousing any suspicion."

I nodded. "Get the report. Leave. Got it."

Simple. What could go wrong?

"Good girl."

He studied me intensely for a few seconds.

"Is that all?" I asked him.

"Actually, " his back straightened slightly, "I am curious as to why you are so willing to help me."

"I have nothing better to do," I shrugged.

He hummed. "Tell me, Elora. What do you want to be in five years?"

"Dead," I joked.

He didn't laugh. Tough crowd.

"Honestly, I don't know." I bit my lip as my thoughts wandered to the the college fund I was currenly saving up, "I thought I wanted to go to college but I've never found a subject that I'm extremely passionate about."

Cin seemed interested in my response. He leaned closer, his face inches away from mine.

I raised my hands to my neck to fidget with my silver locket to distract myself from his growing closeness.

"Do a satisfactory job tomorrow, and I will make you a business proposition."

At this point, his face was practically touching my mine.

"you mean a job?"I questioned, attempting to keep my voice steady and seem unaffected.

He dipped his head further so his nose was skimming the crook of my neck.

"Sì," he whispered, his hot breath leaving a trail goosebumps along the nape of my neck.

"I'm not so sure I want to be a villain," I managed to breathe out.

I could picture a wicked grin appear on his face. "Is that what I am? A villain?"

"I haven't decided."

A shiver runs down my spine as his nose brushes through my hair and his lips skim my ear.

"I have a confession to make, " he murmured against my ear. "I did not build my empire by being a hero. I wasn't born to be a hero, I was born to be a leader."

"I have killed a thousand men."

I could hear my heart beating out of my chest.

"And I'll kill a thousand more before I become anyone's slave."

I feel like this chapter gave a better introduction into Cin's character.
Let me know your thoughts!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

7.2K 70 28
her parents died when she was young her uncle is in debt with the biggest mafia boss she is nothing to him so he sells her to get out of his debt one...
789K 14.7K 60
𓅩 𓅩 𓅩 𓅩 𓅩 𓅩 Matteo Marchetti feels like he has something to prove being the new leader of the Italian Mafia, he tries his best to leave his pas...
2.8K 97 22
A poor girl who leaves her country to go abroad for her higher studies.Leaving her family to make her own life. Gets trapped by the mafia. A person w...
1.2K 13 24
He's searching for revenge and hates everyone and everything before finding her... She wants to leave this bad place that feels like a trap until mee...