I'm back | βœ“

By sydneyrgriffin

When Annalise Stark's mother died, her music went with her. Now, she's the new girl all over again. Except sh... More

00 | casting !!
01 | I'm back ..
02 | last first day !
I'm back - 03 | the party from hell
I'm back - 04 | funland
I'm back - 05 | summer & horror do mix
I'm back - 06 | thick as thieves
I'm back - 07 | meeting meredith
I'm back - 08 | red flag no.1
I'm back - 09 | drinking our problems
I'm back - 10 | comfort zones
I'm back - 11 | the waiting game
I'm back - 12 | a girl's day
I'm back - 13 | faux family dinner
I'm back - 14 | the cheer up committee
I'm back - 15 | a mandatory rager
I'm back - 16 | wicked hangover
I'm back - 17 | frostbite
I'm back - 18 | new girl in town
I'm back - 19 | corruption
I'm back - 20 | special timez
I'm back - 21 | the hard holiday
I'm back - 22 | evil stepsister
I'm back - 23 | singing in the shower
I'm back - 24 | the rehearsal
I'm back - 25 | final engagement
I'm back - 26 | disaster child
I'm back - 27 | apples & undereye bags
I'm back - 28 | I love you
I'm back - 29 | attitude
I'm back - 30 | high stakes
I'm back - 31 | last day of school :)
I'm back - 32 | a guy's day
I'm back - 33 | new york, new york
I'm back - 34 | fangirling
I'm back - 35 | karaoke queen
I'm back - 36 | record & relish
I'm back - 38 | the looong day
I'm back - 39 | home sweet home
I'm back - 40 | the end !!

I'm back - 37 | tourist traps

148 8 1
By sydneyrgriffin

𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
𝚠𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑, 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

We stood on the sidewalk of New York City as Aiden wrapped one arm around Summer's shoulder, and held his phone in the other. "Where to first?" He asked, checking the map.

Daphne smirked, taking the lead just as she had done yesterday. "The Statue of Liberty on Ellis Island, and then Central Perk- from Friends." She counted off of a mental checklist.

I squeezed my hands together, "We're going to Central Perk?" I'm an avid FRIENDS fan, it's one of my comfort shows so I watch it all the time.

At the mention of Central perk, Summer nodded her head vigorously, practically pushing Aiden off of her. "Yes! We're going to take so many pictures in the spots where Rachel sat and Monica and-"

Daphne cut her off, "We get it, you're excited. Now let's go be excited on the way there." Right about now Daphne was definitely starting to feel like the mom of the group.

We traveled as close to the port as we could get by subway before walking the rest. It didn't take long to get there, but the line was pretty crowded. After around fifteen minutes we finally made it to the front. "What can I get for you, lad?" The seller had a heavy Irish accent.

Aiden was at the front of the line. Before he could respond Summer tugged on his sleeve, "Aiden we should go inside the crown. It's not like we're coming back anytime soon," she reasoned.

He nodded, seeing her point. "You heard the lady, six please." Aiden smiled.

The seller nodded, typing the information into the computer. "Alrighty son, that'll be the normal nineteen ninety-five tickets plus three dollars per person for crown access, so your total is one hundred thirty-three and fifty cents." Aiden nodded, handing him a credit card. He swiped it and smiled at the ding, "Thank you for shopping and have a wonderful day on Ellis Island."

We moved onto the next person who put a wristband around each of our wrists, it was white with green writing that said in big letters 'Ellis Island' along with the date of which we were visiting. I guess they get a lot of people trying to come a second time without paying.

I watched as the ferry pulled up to the large dock. I looked down at the water, "Do you think there are sharks in there?" I ask Zach, pointing to the water though I'm sure he knew what I meant when I asked.

He shrugged as we all started filing onto the ferry, "Probably. It's like the San Fransisco Bay, it connects to the Atlantic." It makes sense now that I think about it. Sharks probably just wander in from the ocean, people probably drop all kinds of food into the water for them to munch on.

The ride was quicker than I thought it would be, pretty soon a voice sounded over the loudspeaker, "If you look ahead you'll see we're coming up on Ellis Island now, folks!" I looked to where everyone was pointing and oohing at and saw the Statue of Liberty's feet. Within the next two minutes the boat was docked and we were safely back on land.

"Let's try to get in first, we've got a lot of stairs to climb and a big crowd down here," Daphne motioned to all of the families exiting the ferry.

I grabbed Zach's hand as we all went inside. When I looked up it was a bit dark, but our movement seemed to have triggered the motion sensor lights and the whole place lit up. Revealing stairs, lots and lots of stairs.

We have to climb those? "How many are there?" I asked looking at the winding stairway above me. It could be hundreds for all we know

Ryan cleared his throat, "Thirty-six, counted them myself," he smirked.

I burst out laughing at his Harry Potter reference, and it seemed that both Aiden and Summer caught onto it too. Zach stood there chuckling at our behavior while Daphne glared, "There are exactly one hundred and sixty-two steps," she read off some writing on the wall.

Aiden started to calm down, "That's not too many, let's go already," he started walking ahead of us. Zach tugged on my arm a bit, I followed closely to him all the way to the top.

I was severely winded by the time we reached the crown, but the fresh air was nice. I had to remind myself time and time again that we were inside a giant metal woman, there's no AC. There was already another small family inside when we got there, I sent them a smile as I walked up to the edge to see the view.

I've heard many things about it, mostly that it's breathtaking or rewarding after the climb we just took, but I thought it more magical. I felt like Giselle from Enchanted when she was at the top of the building as I looked upon the whole city from one side.

If I turned to the right, I would see the ocean and it's vast horizon. 

I continued to look around and a large crash brought my attention to the ground. I gasped as I saw how high off the ground we were. The crash came from the ferry, which was now the size of a potato chip!

I was starting to feel a little queasy, I just needed to sit down for a moment. I took a step back and shut my eyes, I've never been too keen on heights. I took a deep breath in, and out. I was so focused on my breathing that I didn't even hear Zach walk up, "Are you alright? You don't look so good." He whispered in my ear.

I bit my lip and nodded, "I'm fine, it's just heights." He laughed and wrapped his arms around me reassuringly. I was safe with him, I knew that.

After a while, everyone had gotten some good pictures and we were ready to go. We headed back down the long, winding staircase. I saw the light of the open door and breathed a sigh of relief as I rubbed my feet in the dirt. Finally, back on solid ground.

All of my friends laughed at me as they exited, joining me outside. "Come on Lise, we weren't even that high up," my twin teased. I shot him a glare so intense that if looks could kill, he'd be six feet under.

We waited until the next ferry was set to leave before leaving the souvenir shop and boarding the boat, this time we were early. I chose a seat in the very front so that I would be able to get off quicker, my friends joined me.

After another five minute boat ride we made it back to the port. As we walked past the Irish ticket handler waved at us, "How'd you like it, lads?" I nodded, sending him a smile and a thumbs up. We didn't have time to stop and talk Daphne had demanded on the boat.

Halfway down the street we had to stop to look at the map, "Where's Central Perk?" I asked looking over Zach's shoulder at it.

He pointed to a spot on the map, "It's on 199 Lafayette Street at the corner of Broome Street in Manhattan's SoHo neighborhood, back over by Nobu." I tried my best to memorize the address as he put the map into his pocket.

Aiden rejoined our group, I hadn't even noticed he left. "The next metro to Soho will be here in three minutes, we should head down."

Summer, Daphne, and I had each gotten a metro card for the trip. They weren't that expensive and since we flew we didn't have a car, it was a good investment. But that means that everytime we use the subway the guys have to buy an actual ticket. It's made for an annoying ride.

We just barely made it as the train rumbled in and came to a halt, a moment later the doors opened and a voice told us to mind the gap. We waited as people rushed off of it before stepping on and taking a seat.

I heard a squeal, "I'm so excited!" Summer gushed to both Daphne and I. Central Perk had been on our list of tourist traps to go and see, but Daphne deemed herself the trip planner so Summer and I basically had no say in what we did.

But that's alright, I trust Daphne and the trip has been very good so far.

I nodded, "Me too! Friends is so iconic, it's one of my favorites." We fell slightly to the left as the train started off down the track, "Woah!" We laughed and sat back up talking about how cute Joey is. No matter how many times I ride the subway, I still fall a bit when it starts and stops.

After a few minutes the train halted again, announcing that we have arrived in Soho. I tried to keep my cool as Summer and Daphne shrieked, we walked out of the metro station and down the street towards the direction of the cafe.

Zach strode alongside me, "You guys seem pretty excited about this cafe," he stated.

I almost stopped dead in my tracks. I looked over at him, "You've seen friends, right?" He shook his head nervously, causing me to gasp. "Zach! This is bad, very bad. We're going to have to watch all twelve seasons when we get home!" He chuckled as I scolded him.

Our group engaged in talk about various topics until the cafe came into view. My heart swelled, Friends was me and my mom's favorite show to watch together- another reason for it being my comfort show. It reminds me of her and helps me cope better, I like to watch it when I miss her.

Summer and I shared a look before racing to the door, upon glancing through the window I found that for once, the famous couch was empty. We busted in, taking a graceful seat.

Daphne, Ryan, Aiden, and Zach all caught up to us in no time. "Come on, guys!" Summer called, waving them over. Reluctantly, Daphne took great pictures of us. I would cherish these and make sure to keep them somewhere safe once I got home.

Once we were finished with the photos I thanked Daphne and went to order a coffee to go, I just had to try Central Perk's famous coffee. I ordered a Chai Tea Latte, but when I went to pull out my wallet it wasn't there. "Huh?" I mumbled, digging around. "Guys, a little help? I think I left my wallet at the hotel." That's the only place it could be.

"I got it, Princess." Zach walked over, handing the barista a five-dollar bill so that I could get my coffee. I thanked him and kissed his cheek, "We should probably run by the hotel and grab your wallet though," I nodded in agreement.

I figured that Daphne would argue about it, saying that we had big plans and little time. But she just nodded, "Yes, you should always have your wallet on you. Besides, it's not like we have any more sightseeing planned today. Just dinner," she giggled, licking her lips.

I slid my key in the door and entered the suite, almost immediately I spotted my wallet on the counter. I breathed a sigh of relief, I hadn't been one hundred percent sure that it would be here, it was just a hunch.

I put my wallet in my purse and turned to leave when I saw six boxes sitting on the coffee table. On top was a pamphlet, a map, and a note. "What?" I questioned, picking it up. "Have fun crashing your first party as an official artist! Hugs and kisses, R." I read the note aloud.

In confusion, I picked up the map and pamplet. It was advertising the Met's new traveling exhibit on Pompeii, and it's being unveiled tonight. I opened it opening to find more information and six tickets fell out. Next, I picked up the first box and found that it was addressed to me.

I opened it but it was so dark that I could barely see anything, "Annalise?" I heard Summer calling for me.

I looked away from the box to see her standing in the open doorway, "Still in here!" I called back.

She flipped on the light revealing the dress. It was gorgeous, a beautiful silk, sage green colored dress- something fit for a Princess. I heard Summer's footsteps stop behind me, "What's all of this?" She stopped next to me.

"I think my manager gave us tickets to the Met's New Exhibit Unveiling tonight. We have tickets, outfits, and everything we would need for it.. I think he wants us to go since my song is dropping tonight, I guess I'll be a new face or something." I was just guessing, grasping at straws.

She looked down at the table, picking up the box with her name on it. When she opened it there was a satin yellow dress inside, it looked to be off the shoulder, but I wouldn't know until Summer tried it on. "Woah," her eyes lit up as she stared at the gown.

"Guys?" Daphne called. As she walked in Summer was holding up her dress, twirling around. "What's that?" I shrugged, handing Daphne her own box.

I guess the guys got tired of waiting because one by one they entered in confusion. "My manager gave us tickets and attire to the Mets new exhibit unveiling, he wants us to crash the party since my song is dropping tonight."

I handed each of them their box, inside were tuxes that corresponded with our dresses. Each tuxedo was simply gorgeous in it's own way. Ryan gave me a look that said are-we-really-doing-this, staring at me as if waiting for approval.

But Daphne beat me to it, "What are you guys standing around for? According to this pamplet the party starts at seven and it's already five-thirty!" My eyes widened as everyone scurried off in different directions to get ready.

I casually walked into my and Zach's room to find him watching tv, so much for getting ready. I walked over to him and plopped down on his lap. "Hey Princess," he smiled and pecked my lips.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning back slightly. "I'm going to go shower," I kissed his cheek and started to get up.

He tugged my hand, and when I looked back at him he wiggled his eyebrows somewhat seductively. "Can I come?" He joked.

"Maybe later," I smirked.

He gaped at me before it melted away into a more nervous glance, "I was just joking, but I mean.." He was suddenly gaining confidence, so I cut him off with a kiss before walking away towards the bathroom.

The hot water melted my worries away and soothed my tense muscles. I scrubbed my hair and washed my body. I let out a groan as I turned off the water and the cold air devoured my skin once again, causing it to erupt with goosebumps.

Quickly, I dried my body and wrapped my hair in the towel. I walked into the bedroom clutching the towel close to my body, the same I had done this morning. I grabbed a black thong and my gown, running back into the bathroom at lightening speed.

I was a little too flustered to see Zach right now.

Ignoring my own embarrassment I pulled on the thong and slipped on the silky green gown. It was absolutely gorgeous and just my style. I love how well Raymond knows me after only two days of working together, it's amazing.

After blowdrying my hair I curled it to perfection. I picked up the makeup pallet I brought and did a detailed smokey eye with a winged liner and a green accent. I applied mascara making my lashes grow, and I put on the tiniest bit of concealer. I finished with a matte nude lipstick.

I was just touching it up when I heard the door open, "Hey," it was Zach.

I turned around to see him leaning against the counter in his new tuxedo. I looked him up and down, biting my lip under his gaze. He looked good. His brown hair stuck right in place and his tux was smooth. His eyes peered down at me as if he was doing the same, "That's a good look for you, classy." I winked teasingly.

He walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He pressed his lips to mine eagerly, and I wasted no time in responding. Though I didn't dare touch his near-perfect hair. Before it could get too heated I broke apart the kiss, taking a deep breath. "You look stunning," he said breathlessly, causing me to blush crimson.

I giggled, "I'm just thankful that this is the first time we've put on fancy clothes and haven't dreaded wherever we're going." I thought back to the engagement party and the almost wedding we'd been forced to attend.

He nodded in agreement, "I was thinking about that, too. All the other times have been for things that we didn't even want to attend or support, this time we get to support you."

I wrapped my arms around him tightly, "I love you." That's all I can say, because I don't know what other words I can use to express how much I love him. He's been there for me since day one and I couldn't ask for a better person in my life.

Summer took a bit longer to get ready, and I was dreading the heels, my feet were not going to be happy with me. But pretty soon she walked out and I had to slip them on. "Everyone ready?" Daphne asked, looking around. When we nodded she led us out and into the night.

𝚉𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚕

𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 :( 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚛, 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 :) 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 '𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚈𝚘𝚞'? 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚓𝚊𝚖 𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚑𝚑, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝 !!

𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝, 𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚜𝚕𝚘𝚠? 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝙸 𝚙𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚞𝚗 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚊 𝚏𝚞𝚗 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚝, 𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚋𝚕𝚞𝚜𝚑, 𝚠𝚎𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝? 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 !! 𝚡𝚘𝚡𝚘 𝚜𝚢𝚍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 209 29
"Death isn't just one thing that happens and is over with. That description fits life more. Death is eternal. I mean that's how I view it. Death brin...
722 54 33
"I'm just asking you to please not do anything I wouldn't do at college. Just be safe." - Those final words that Evelyn spoke to Lillian right before...
596K 17.5K 102
"If you want to try again, I've learned a few things since then and now I'm sure... I would make it so, so good for you..." Luke pulls back, a troubl...
16.2K 535 10
𝘈 π˜—π˜Άπ˜΄π˜΄ π˜ͺ𝘯 π˜‰π˜°π˜°π˜΅π˜΄: π˜›π˜©π˜¦ π˜“π˜’π˜΄π˜΅ 𝘞π˜ͺ𝘴𝘩 𝘧𝘒𝘯𝘧π˜ͺ𝘀𝘡π˜ͺ𝘰𝘯 [Completed] ➝ You, aka [Name], were the daughter of one of the twelve danc...