Tall, Dark and Arrogant

By Crazy_author231

*** Indigo-Rose Valentina: a seventeen-year-old vampire Princess admired by all. Life is good. That is, until... More

[NOTE -- EDITED VERSION]
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1 -Bring on the Ball
Chapter 2 - The not so charming Prince
Chapter 3 - An Unpleasant Surprise
Chapter 4 - Unexpected Saviour
Chapter 5 - The Debt
Chapter 6 - Feeling Blue
Chapter 7 - Lusty Encounter
Chapter 8 - The Confession
ATTNETION: PRIZE!
Chapter 10 - In Comes Romeo
Chapter 11 - Small Breakthrough
Chapter 12- Getting to Know Him
Chapter 13 - The Realisation
Chapter 14 - The Announcement
Chapter 15 - A... Charming Prince?
Chapter 16 - It All Gets Ruined
Chapter 17 - New Possibilities
Chapter 18 - Confrontation
Chapter 19 - On The Run
Chapter 20 - Old Habits Die Hard
PRIZE WINNER
Chapter 21- Feeling Sorrow
Chapter 22 - No Escape
Chapter 23 - The Beginning of a Mess
Chapter 24 - Life-Changing Event
Chapter 25 - Small Progress
Chapter 26 - It All Changes
Chapter 27 - Gain Or Loss
[NOT AN UPDATE]
Chapter 28 - Recovery [Part 1]
Chapter 28 - Recovery [Part 2]
Chapter 29 - Unhappy Reunion
Chapter 30 - The Truth
Chapter 31 - The Big Day
Chapter 32 - End Times
Chapter 33 - The Birth
[Poem]
Chapter 34 [Part 1] - Goodbye
Chapter 34 [2] - Against All Odds
RECONSTRUCTION
External Link
ANSWER TIME
PRIVATE CHAPTER

Chapter 9 - Heartbroken

1.6K 83 31
By Crazy_author231

Its still intense so put on your seatbelts...

Chapter 9 - Heartbroken

The trees blurred past as I wailed his name over and over.

'Aargghh!' I screamed as the headache that ricocheted through my skull threatened to split my head in half. 'AARGGHH!'

The humans couldn't see me but they'd definitely be able to hear me as I went past which would give them more than a fright. Just as I thought this I flew past a drunken man who staggered back against the wall, his hand on his heart as I rushed past.

I was nowhere.

Or to be more precise, I had no idea where I was. Not that I let that stop me from running to wherever I was going.

All too soon I'd reached a forest area unfamiliar to me, and I raced through it completely ignoring the way the twigs tore through my skin and scratched at my hair and clothes. I hated him! I hated the way he'd made me feel; the way he'd made an individual as powerful as I feel so... helpless.

I was beginning to run out of steam but I knew if I stopped that then I'd be forced to think about what I'd just seen and I didn't want that. Just as I reached the end of what looked like a hill ledge I dived blindly from it, falling right into an icy cold lake at the bottom which chilled my bones.

Yes, we vampires are hardier than humans but even being in the midst of the chilling temperatures of ice cold lake water during the early hours of the morning was enough to freeze me. As the merciless grip of the lake attached itself to my clothes and pulled me under I did nothing but give a pleasured sigh.

I wasn't a good swimmer, but even if I was it'd probably be too cold and I'd be too shocked to get out of here. Not that I was planning on doing that. Not at all.

The last thing I thought about as the water dragged me under was seeing Carlos's naked body splayed over Eva's, and I gave a tiny sigh of displeasure followed by happiness right as I imagined seeing Carlos jump from the peak's edge in order to save me.

'Fuck! She's not breathing.' I watched from a bird's eye view as a shirtless Carlos began pressing his hands over the centre of my chest. At least I think it was my chest.

An exhausted looking Lily came running out of the tree line with a haggard Roland in tow. 'What did you say?' She screeched as Roland grabbed her and struggled to calm her down. He stroked her hair softly and whispered into her ear.

I was alive, wasn't I? I could see them from here. Opening my mouth, I tried to call out Roland's name but no sound came. Was I really dead?

Carlos continued pumping on my chest and breathing into my mouth until the world started to wobble and my vision began to blur. What was happening?

'Please...' Lily was begging him. 'Please bring her back - it's my fault she's here. Please!'

My vision darkened.

'Please,' my cousin whimpered. This time my eyes shot open and I sat up, coughing water out of my lungs. 'Oh thank God!' She screamed as she embraced me into her crushing arms. I let her hold me like that for a while before pushing her away and standing shakily to my feet.

Numbly, I looked at the pale faces that surrounded me. I was a princess, damnit; I was not going to be weak. Agonisingly slowly, I stared into the handsome face of Carlos before saying, 'Thank you for saving me,' and got up and ran off, this time towards the direction of my home.

***********

When I opened the front door, I made sure to keep to the shadows as I crept to my room. Tear stained, sopping wet and stinking of lake water, it wasn't an easy task but I managed it. The minute I locked my bedroom door I stepped into the shower and washed all of the muck and grime away - including the memories of that night.

I'd been expecting it, but I still wasn't ready when Carlos, Roland and Lily knocked on my bedroom door some time later. Pressing my head to the wood I listened carefully and heard nothing before saying, 'I'll talk tomorrow, I'm too tired.'

'But I'm going home tonight,' Lily protested and I instantly felt guilty.

'I'm sorry, Lil. I'll talk to you soon then.' There was a small sound and a tiny mutter of protest and then she was gone. I took a deep breath, knowing that after Carlos had saved me, I had to face him sooner or later to repay his debt. Again.

I'm never going to do something as stupid like that again, I thought to myself, as I persuaded my reluctant brother to leave. Only when he was gone did I open the door. There he stood, my handsome mate looking as tired and deflated as I felt.

'Can I come in?' He asked whilst quirking his eyebrow. For a moment he looked like his old self. Wordlessly, I opened the door for him to enter.

'What do you want?' I asked before he'd even taken a step in. When I asked this he exhaled heavily before sitting on the edge of my bed.

'Two things,' he held up two fingers to emphasise his point. I nodded quickly. 'Number one; keep what you saw this night to yourself - that being me and Eva attending the party.'

When I nodded he seemed to exhale again, relief evidently flowing through him. 'Number two?' I asked more quietly.

There was a short silence. 'Tell me what's bothering you.'

I felt like I'd been slapped. 'Why the fuck do you care?' This seemed to confirm something for him as he raised his eyebrows.

'Well?' He asked. I considered lying but I was rubbish at it and I didn't want to risk him finding out and telling my parents. Tears almost swam to my eyes. Almost.

'And what if I don't want to tell you?' I snapped.

'Then you won't have fulfilled your debt and will disgrace your family name.' He replied smoothly as he stared deeply into my eyes.

I hopped from the bed. 'That's not a debt!' I yelled.

'But it's what I want.'

'In that case I demand we have a consultation with a court official who specialises in these matters.'

He merely shrugged his shoulders. 'That would mean telling them why I'd had to save you in the first place.'

That stopped me. 'I'd say I fell. It's your word against mine.'

He shrugged again. 'I'm willing to take that risk.'

Roughly, I dragged a hand through my hair before sitting again beside him. 'Answer me a question.' I demanded.

'Will it get you to tell me the truth?' He asked.

'Yes.'

'Then ask.' He didn't break eye contact

'Why did you follow me and Stacey to the club?'

He seemed taken aback by my question before eventually looking at the floor. 'I... I don't know.' He finally finished.

It's now or never. 'Carlos, I think I'm your mate.' I said it a bit shakily as I stared at the floor.

'What?' He looked stunned but not entirely surprised which puzzled me. 'What makes you say that?' The cautiousness that clouded his eyes made me feel even worse for some reason.

Didn't he want me to be his mate?

The confusion I was feeling made me pause. 'It's... it's why I feel the way I do... Sad.' I hadn't noticed that I was crying until he wiped away a tear. Stunned, we both looked at each other in confusion. He stood up.

'I... I've got to go.'

'I think Eva's your mate too.' That got his attention.

'What?' He turned around.

I almost shielded myself from the anger that was radiating from him.

'Is this because of what you saw? Because if so...'

Quickly, I shook my head. There was another awkward silence before he finally came to sit on the side of my bed. 'Tell me.' He said. So I did.

'Do you remember those visions I used to have?' He gave another cautious nod. 'I... had one. Recently.' I may have been a vampire, but I couldn't stop the red blush that tinted my cheeks.

He noticed it and narrowed his eyes again. 'Go on.'

'I saw you... with Eva.' There was no need to go into the gory details so I stopped there.

'When?' He asked.

'A few nights ago...' It was all it took for him to rub the bridge of his nose in defeat. 'I only get them when I'm -'

'Attached to someone. I know. My father told me.' He seemed to look even more defeated if it was at all possible, and I probably didn't look much better.

'Indigo...' I held up a hand to stop him from going any further. He watched in silence as I got up and opened my door before gesturing for him to leave.

'Don't. I will keep quiet about you and Eva, fulfilling my debt. Now leave.'

He gave a short nod before getting up to go, but not before leaning over to kiss the side of my cheek. 'I'm sorry.' Was all he said. And then he was gone.

************

When I woke up I was sweating and shaking all over.

I'd just witnessed something that I never wanted to witness again, and as custom these past few days, my mood dropped significantly. What was the point in being in such a powerful position if I couldn't actually get the things I wanted?

Feeling down, I headed over to my usual room but instead of switching on the CD player I just sat in silence. Ever since Carlos had returned I had become this powerless mess and it wasn't like me at all. I wanted something to make it go away but for the life of me I couldn't think of how I could.

Then again I'd never wanted someone as much as I wanted Carlos right now, so it was only right that I was so clueless.

My brother tapped gently on the door and came to sit beside me. Cautiously, he handed me a glass of blood. 'Lily told me about you and Carlos.' He managed.

I shuddered and took the glass gratefully. 'Yeah well, he's occupied so she needn't have bothered.'

He smiled slightly. 'She told me that too.'

Resting my head on his shoulder, I said, 'how can I make it go away?' He shrugged in defeat.

'I don't know, sis. But I do know that you can live without him which would be better for all of us.' I glanced up at him curiously. 'He's a troublemaker Indigo, as well a player. You can do much better than him.'

I didn't bother to either agree or disagree. 'It's not common to find a mate, brother.' Was all I said to him.

Lightly, he stroked my hair. 'I know.' There was nothing else to say.

We sat together for another half an hour before he reluctantly got up and left. I was almost tempted to throw my glass against the ceiling when I heard soft moans coming from Carlos's room but thought better of it and instead walked away.

Knowing I'd be unable to get to sleep, I headed into the kitchen to put my glass away and was startled when I saw a tall, dark haired vamp leaning against the wall. He looked vaguely familiar, but I didn't seem to recognise him as he stood there silently.

'Do I know you?' I breathed as I removed my hand from my startled chest.

He smiled, his fangs showing clearly in the moonlight. 'No, but I'd like to get to know you.' I almost rolled my eyes at the cheesy pick up line, but then stopped when I felt myself tingle down south. Immediately, I blushed.

He seemed unfazed. 'Ooh, you felt that.'

Blushing even harder, I asked him, 'How did you get in here?'

He inspected his nails and shrugged carelessly. 'Trade secret.' He looked around the darkened room. 'Is your father awake?'

I'm sure I looked as surprised as I felt. 'Why?'

He grinned and I felt that tingle again. 'I would like to ask permission for your hand in marriage.'

Gasp! Well, well, well! See what I mean? Looks like Indigo has a choice between two lovely vampires.

What do you think of the new character? Yay or nay? And how do you think Indigo will react? I can already guess, HAHA!

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.
It means the world to me! ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 5.4K 56
"You were set to marry my father's heir. My oldest brother," She picks up a cup, "Due to unforeseen circumstances, he has died. As second oldest, it...
2.4K 84 15
17 year old Solana Balescu has been home schooled and living with her aunt and younger cousin for as long as she can remember. Now as a rising senior...
224 21 12
Ruthless, cold-hearted and possibly the most dangerous man alive (well sort of alive) Darius Roman Calloway, a 126 year old vampire, never feels the...
736K 17.5K 27
Alana was once a normal 19 year old girl trying to make her way through a hard and lonley life when shes ripped from what she knew and shoved into a...