Hemlock Chronicles 2 (Hemlock...

By Song_Wolf_Lover69

Months have passed since Peter, Celena, and Roman dealt with the evil Vargulf. But the mystery of their grea... More

Prologue: The Search Continues...
Chapter 1: Innocence Doesn't Exist
Chapter 2: To Try in Vain
Chapter 3: Desperate Times
Chapter 4: When a Stranger Comes...
Chapter 5: Nightmare in Hemlock Grove
Chapter 6: Becoming a Reality
Chapter 7: Unwanted Guests
Chapter 8: In the Shadows
Chapter 9: Bad Day
Chapter 10: Secret's Out
Chapter 11: Hunger Out of Control
Chapter 12: Hold me
Chapter 13: Finding the Cure
Chapter 14: The Search of Shelley Godfrey
Chapter 15: Reunion
Chapter 16: Stopping the Dream
Chapter 17: Trust
Chapter 19: Peter and the Wolf
Chapter 20: All Monsters
Chapter 21: Hungry Ghost
Chapter 22: Taken
Surprise!!! Bonus Chapter

Chapter 18: Reunite

239 4 0
By Song_Wolf_Lover69

As Peter, Celena, and Roman head their way to Destiny's, Michael made a pit stop at the Bishop's to express his anger about his people committing these murders.  Bishop Francis denies knowing anything about it and claims there were groups impersonating the Order.  He promises to deal with it as soon as possible.  Once Michael leaves, Francis calls the chancellor and tells her they have a rogue element; the chancellor doesn't care about some serial killers, and dismisses it. Francis threatens her with the police so she agrees to send an envoy.  

Meanwhile, Norman was trying to calm down Letha after telling her about Marie.  

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Letha exclaims as she shoots out of her seat.

Norman sighs deeply as he covers his face in despair.  He told Letha everything.  That her mother, Marie, was missing.  What he discovered about Olivia, about Roman.  And who Roman was to them. 

Tears formed in Norman's eyes as he rests his knuckles under his chin, "I didn't know how to tell you.  You've been through so much through this year.  I just didn't want you to fall into a relapse." 

"I'm not a china doll, dad! This is mom we're talking about...and...and...how can you even believe that Roman and Aunt Olivia are...what did you call them?" Letha scoffs. 

"Upirs.  Ukraine vampires.  I know it sounds...insane." Norman sighs. 

Letha laughs humorlessly, "Oh, very."

"But you and Matt saw the DNA test.  And Roman confessed.  I believe him.  And I can see you believe it as well as much as you're denying it." Norman says.

Letha sighs deeply and runs her fingers through her hair, "I don't know what to believe anymore." She sits next to Matt. 

Matt sighs, he already knew about this and he hated keeping it a secret but now...

"It's true." Matt sighs in guilt. 

Letha and Norman both look at him and frown, "What?"

Matt rubs his face, "Before you get mad, before both of you start yelling at me...just remember...it wasn't up to me to tell you...it was up to Roman and Olivia.  But yeah, it's all true.  I knew about this since Celena told me about him."

"Celena knows, too?!" Norman exclaims. 

Matt nods, "Again, not up to me to say.  And you would have reserved my room at Acres." Matt points out. 

"How could you keep this from me?" Letha looks at him in disbelief.

"It didn't really fall into the top 5 categories of ice breakers." Matt says sarcastically.  "'Hi, nice to meet you.  I'm telekinetic and you're cousin is a vampire'." 

Letha glares at him, "Don't make me sock you." 

Matt takes her hands into his, "I'm sorry.  I'm sorry, I know I should have said something.  But...you know Olivia.  And from what Roman tells me...she would have killed me.  Literally." 

Letha suddenly had a horrible thought, "Do you think she killed mom?" She asks as she looks at both of them.

Norman rubs his mouth and sighs, "I asked Roman the same question.  After seeing her cottage...I believe it in my gut that she did something to her." He glares into space, such anger was devoted towards Olivia. 

Letha gasps in horror and cries in Matt's arms.  Norman reaches out and rubs her back as she sobs against Matt's chest.  

"She's not going to get away with it.  I promise." Norman says determinedly as he promises his daughter.  He promises to avenge his wife.  

Letha sniffles as tears pour down her face.  

Matt jumps when his cell goes off and he sees it's Celena, "Cell, what's up?"

"Matt...come to Destiny's.  And bring Letha.  We need to talk." 

Matt frowns at her tone and jumps when the phone clicks off.  He frowns at it and tucks it back into his pocket.

"What's wrong?" Norman asks. 

"Celena wants to see us.  Letha and me.  I don't know what's going on." He shrugs and holds Letha close, "You up for it?" He asks her. 

Letha swallows back her tears and wipes them away, nodding, "Yeah.  I need to talk to her, too.  And Roman." She says as she gets up and grabs her coat with Matt following her.  

"Both of you, be safe.  Don't go near Olivia alone and stay together." Norman states strongly.

Matt nods, "I'll guard her with my life." 

Norman nods in affirmation and let's them go.  Leaving him alone with his thoughts.  He needed to plan how to stop Olivia...for good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shelley sighs softly as she rests her head against Viktor's chest.  He's been quiet since they left the lab.  What could be said?  She just agreed to die in order to live again in a new body.  In Viktor's mind, it won't be her.  Truly her.  It'll just be a stranger with her mind.  

Suddenly, Viktor looks up as he hears movement from outside.  A face peeks into the window.  It was the body!  Up and walking around.  She smiles big when she sees Viktor and walks inside.  

"Shelley." Viktor whispers and taps her shoulder.  

Shelley looks up at him, frowning in confusion, and then turns towards the door with a soft gasp.  She sits up fast and eyes the body.  

"Hi." Shelley says. 

"Hi." Prycilla smiles.  

Viktor frowns at how similar she sounded to Shelley. 

"You sound..." Shelley gasps. 

"Like you?  You sound like me." 

Shelley smiles, "What's it like?"

Prycilla smiles, "It's beautiful." 

Shelley lifts a hand up, "Can I?"

Prycilla nods and walks closer to Shelley, "Of course." 

Shelley reaches out a touches Prycilla as she does the same to Shelley.  

"Beautiful." "Beautiful." They both smiled at each other.  

"You don't have to do this." Prycilla frowns at Shelley.  "You could stay in the White Tower on the tippy-top floor, like our favorite..." 

Shelley frowns, "This isn't the Plaza Hotel.  I'm not Eloise." 

"I could come visit all the time time.   We could be like sisters.  I mean, even closer than sisters have ever been." Prycilla says. 

Shelley turns to Prycilla with emotionless face, "I'm a chrysalis." 

"No, you're not." Viktor protests and moves to stand close to both of them.  "You're more than that." 

Prycilla sits on the bed, "Viktor's right.  Don't just repeat what Uncle Johann told you.  You'll be gone."

"Not if you're here." Shelley says. 

"It won't be the same, Shell." Viktor says. 

"You've never seen yourself from the outside.  I have.  Everything Mom always said, it wasn't true.  You're beautiful.  IN a different way, but..."

Shelley cuts Prycilla off, "I've seen you now too.  I'm not going back." Shelley states strongly and lies back on the bed.  

Prycilla gives Viktor a sad look and reaches up to wipe his coming tears.  Viktor places his large hand over hers and frowns.  He could feel Shelley but it wasn't her.  His heart knew who his love was. 

Prycilla lets go of Viktor and turns back to Shelley, "Ok.  Can I?  Just for a little bit?" She asks. Meaning, she wanted to stay. 

Viktor moves when Shelley allows her on the bed.  They turn to face each other as they lie in the bed. 

"I love you." "I love you." 

Viktor sighs and moves away.  He didn't want this.  He wanted Shelley.  Alive and with him.  Always.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Celena's change of clothes) 

Once Roman, Peter, and Celena made it to Destiny's, they all sat down with Miranda and told her everything about themselves.  Who and what they were.  

Celena calls forth the power of the light and levitate a few items in the apartment.  Miranda gasps as she watches with Nadia, who coos and giggles at the show.  Celena couldn't help but smile at Nadia's face when she lights up in happiness.  

Celena sighs as she makes Destiny's keys, few of her crystals, and Nadia's toy keys float down to where they were before.  

Roman even decided to have Celena call Matt and Letha.  It was time for Letha to see her baby girl again.

"So, you eat blood?"

"It's not 'eating' per se, it's, uh, it's sot of a feeding..." Roman tries to explain as Destiny stands with a knife in her hands.

Destiny rolls her eyes, "Oh, god, listen to yourself." 

Miranda frowns at Peter, "And you maul people to death?"

"No, I don't actually." Peter scoffs.  "I was defending myself."  He looks up at Destiny, "And what nether of you know is that Roman hates the way he is."

"It's true.  He's getting treatments." Celena says.

Suddenly, Nadia begins to whimper.  On instinct, Roman reaches out to tend to her but Destiny shoves a knife in his face. 

"You stay away from that baby!" 

Roman and Peter both had their hands up in caution, "Excuse me?" Roman frowns at her. 

"You killed two people.  Why?" She glares at them both.

"Might have been three." Celena winces. 

"What?!" Miranda exclaims.  

"They were from the dreams!" Peter exclaims.

"I KNEW IT! I told you to stay away!" 

"Will you put the knife down?!" Peter yells. 

Celena grunts as she feels something trying to come forth, she grunts as she tries to hold it back, but it was too powerful. 

A dark distorted voice roars out, "ENOUGH!" As the demonic creature's force expels from her body,  shooting out towards Destiny.

Destiny yells out in surprise and falls backwards as she looks at Celena in shock.  Miranda screams in terror and clutches onto Nadia in protection.  Roman and Peter both jump back in shock as the force took it's shadowy form.  It's razor sharp teeth snapping at Destiny like a guard dog protecting it's master.  

Celena grunts as she tries her best to push the force back but it took all she had.  Finally, the force sucks itself back into Celena's body and she falls to her knees in exhaustion, whimpering.  

"Fuck!" Destiny exclaims.  

Celena's whole body begins to tremble in fear as she continues to whimper, "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME?!" She cries.  

Roman and Peter rush to help her up and hold her as she cries.  

Destiny slowly gets to her feet and reaches for the knife but Peter stops her, "Don't.  You were threatening us.  It comes when she's threaten." He says when he sees the pattern.  

Celena continues to sob, covering her mouth with shaking hands, "I'm sorry.  I'm sorry."

"Shh." Roman tries to calm her.  

"What the hell was that?" Destiny asks.

"We don't know.  We were hoping you could tell us.  This has been going on for a while." Roman says as he takes Celena into his arms, rubbing her back as she sobs in terror.

"Joe's funeral." Peter's eyes widen in realization.  "When Lynda was arrested, Celena stopped the patrol car.  Her eyes were dilated.  I didn't give it any thought till she lifted your car." He says as he turns to Roman. 

"And her powers have been more advanced.  More active." Roman adds.  "Even her nose has stopped bleeding when she uses."  He says. 

Destiny frowns, "Hmm.  I'll see what I can figure out.  But first...since you aren't gonna listen to my warnings about the dreams..." She scoffs and moves away. 

"Miranda, you had the dream too.  So you recognized the house, right?" Roman asks as she lets Celena go to sit down on the couch and Celena grabs on to Peter.  "The kid?  The guy in the mask? The bees?  We had to do it.  Tell her!" He begs her to tell Destiny. 

Miranda holds on to Nadia as if her life depended on it.  She gasps softly in shock at what she was hearing and what she just saw, "They really tried to kill the little boy? She gasps. 

Peter nods, "Killed at least six that we know about." 

"So far." Celena shudders as she begins to calm but her body still trembles in Peter's arms.  

"Who are they?  I mean, why am I even having the same dreams as you?" Miranda asks. 

"We don't know." Peter shakes his head and turns to Destiny, "And I'm sorry that I lied." He turns back to Miranda, "But we're getting these dreams for a reason."

Roman and Celena both nod. 

Destiny sighs, "You're not gonna give this up, are you?"

"We can't." Peter states. 

"Then you're an idiot.  And so am I." Destiny scoffs.

Peter turns to Destiny in surprise, "You're gonna help?"

Destiny scoffs, "Well, I don't see that I have any other choice under the circumstances." 

Peter rushes to Destiny and hugs her tight but Destiny made no move to hug him back as she scrunches her face up. 

They all jumped when there was a knock at the door.  Celena turns to Roman as he swallows hard nervously.  It was time.   Peter walks towards the door and opens it to see Matt and Letha.  

"Hey." Peter says as he lets them in.

"Hey.  Celena told us to come by?" Letha asks as she walks in with Matt.

Celena walks up to them and stops them, "Ok, before we do this...I want you two to promise, promise not to get mad or upset.  This is really big and we're letting you two into the circle." 

Letha and Matt frown in confusion, "What's going on?" Letha asks. 

Celena sighs deeply, "To start with...Letha..." she licks her lips, "Dr. Pryce and Olivia...lied to you and Norman." 

Letha frowns, "About what?"

"Um...well..." She moves away and turns to Miranda and Nadia.  

Letha frowns when she sees a strange woman holding a beautiful baby with the bluest eyes she ever seen.  The baby smiles and giggles at her.  As if she knew who she was.  

Celena moves towards Miranda and takes Nadia out of her arms and walks back to Letha, "Letha...this is Nadia." She sighs, "You're daughter." 

Letha frowns at her, "What?"

"Cell, what are you talking about?" Matt frowns. 

Roman steps forth, "Its a long story.  But it's true.  Mom kidnapped your baby.  She forced Dr. Pryce to hide her away from you.  I don't know why.  I found out about it and managed to get her away from Olivia.  But Uncle Norman kept telling me about your condition.  I wanted to give her back but I had to keep her safe from Olivia." 

"You know what she is...Norman told you." Celena says as she hears the whispering from Letha's mind.  

Letha's eyes fill up with tears as her heart begins to grow yet break at the same time.  With trembling hands, she takes Nadia into her arms.  

"Ladybug?" She sobs.  

Matt studies the baby with tears in his eyes, "She looks so much like you." He sobs happily.  

"Nadia.  That's a beautiful name." Letha laughs happily. 

Celena smiles, "Nadia.  This is your mommy.  Princess Letha and Sir Matt.  Like the story." 

Nadia squeals and coos happily, making Matt and Letha laugh with tears running down their faces.  

Soon, after explaining everything to Matt and Letha.  After a few hours of yelling, Letha slapping Roman, and Peter holding Matt back, it begins to calm down.  

Letha holds Nadia in her arms and rocks her gently as Destiny searches through her books and finds a dusty one.  She moves and sits next to Roman.  

"So, the dream was, um, clearest when we were with Celena." He explains. 

Destiny nods, "Ok, I can use that." 

"Hold on.  What do you want me to do?" Miranda asks. "I'm freaking out here." 

"Well, it's about to get a lot freakier.  So if you want out, now is your chance." Destiny scoffs. 

"Miranda, we might need you.  Like it or not, as much as I hate it." Celena grits her teeth, "You're a part of this." 

"The Femeia Inecata might work."  Destiny sighs and closes the book.  "Come on." She gets up and walks towards the bathroom.

"What, the bathtub again?" Peter asks. 

"Yeah, but this time, it's a little different.  You have to drown me." Destiny says.

Everyone looks at Peter in disbelief as he shrugs with a scoff, he was too tired to explain.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Bishop Francis  had a  visit from the 'envoy' but he knew right then and there who exactly the man was.  The true man behind the mask of the killing.  Even though Francis was ready with a gun, the Envoy's followers were ready as well...with crossbows.  

As Destiny was preparing the bath, Roman and Peter brought in ice cube trays with Celena.  

"Ice." Destiny says and Peter and Celena begins to twist the ice cube trays and breaks them to fall into the bathtub.  

Miranda walks in through the other door, watching them all prepare the bath, "Have you done this before?"

"I've read about it." Destiny says as she goes through the pages of her book, making sure she didn't miss anything.

"You've read about it?" Miranda scoffs in disbelief, "We're talking about drowning you, right?"

Matt walks in, "So, just to make sure we didn't miss anything...there's a bunch of people in masks trying to kill families and now they're targeting you guys cause you're fucking up their mission about bringing the apocalypse?"

"'Sarah' might have been lying about that part.  She said something about the Caul before she died." Celena shrugs as she uses air quotes.

Roman frowns at that but continues to listen before assuming.  

"Water connected me to whatever was out there before.  I need it inside me this time." 

"It almost killed you last time." Peter mutters, reminding her the dangers.

"Hand me what it is that touched them." Destiny says.

Celena sighs as as she walks to get the knife that they cult used and what killed 'Sarah' and hands it to Destiny.  

Destiny takes the knife and slowly drops it into the tub.  She sighs and gets up to get on her knees before the tub, "It's all about electrical impulses.  The circuit between us can't be broken.  You cannot let go.  Whatever I do, you have to hold me under.  I will be fine, even if it doesn't look that way.  You promise me?"

Roman nods, "Yeah." 

Celena lets out a shuddering breath, "Yes." 

Destiny turns to Peter as he remains quiet, "Peter?"

Celena could tell Peter wasn't ok with this but he nods anyway, "Ok." 

Miranda walks out of the room with Matt to sit next to Letha as she rocks Nadia in her arms, "I can't believe they're actually gonna do this." She scoffs. 

"Destiny's way can be scary but it does have promising results.  But...never saw it in person.  Heard the cliff notes version from Cell." Matt says.

Letha sighs, "I don't like this.  Why can't they just go to the police?" 

"They might be working with them.  You heard what happened to Celena.  A teacher, for god's sake, tried to kill her in her bathtub." Matt sighs in distraught and looks at Nadia as she watches him with a smile.  He leans down closer to her, "You, Missy, are gonna be home schooled till you graduate from college." He tickles her cheek, making her giggle.  

Peter slowly puts his hands on Destiny's arm and shoulder while Roman places his hands on both her shoulders and back.  Celena moves and takes her other arm and shoulder.  

Destiny takes a breath and shoves her face into the water.  Celena, Peter, and Roman hold her under and soon, she begins to wiggle in the water.  Like on instinct to fight for survival.  

"Is that suppose to happen?" Miranda asks nervously as she watches.  

"We have to hold her down!" Roman says as the three of them keep shoving her into the water.  But Destiny continues to fight.  

"Stop it! She's drowning!" Miranda shouts in fear. 

"She knows what she's doing!" Peter shouts as he grunts.  

Miranda gets up and yanks Celena away from Destiny.

"No, don't let go!" Peter shouts as Roman pulls Celena back and places her hand back on Destiny.  

Finally, Destiny stops moving and her eyes snap open.  She could see them.  She could see it all.  Their hideout.  Several pictures pinned to a bulletin board.  Babies with a certain skin attached around them.  People with crossbows and laser pointers.  A web of strings of children throughout the world and their latest stop was Hemlock Grove.  She sees a group of men chattering softly but before she could get closer, one stood up and looked at her.

Destiny jerks out of the tub with a loud gasp for air, throwing her hair back.  Water splashing everywhere.  She coughs and gasps. 

"It's ok.  It's ok." Peter grabs a towel and helps her.  

"They're looking for..." She continues to gasp and finally, calms her breathing.  "...a child, one in particular.  Slaughter of the Innocents."

"What?" Roman frowns. 

"It's-it's the story of Herod.  He heard a child was born.  It was a threat to his power.  He murdered a whole generation trying to find the one." Peter explains.  

Celena kneels next to Destiny, "How many more are they gonna kill?"

Destiny tries to remember what she saw, "Photographs of babies with something on their faces like a membrane or..."

Roman gasps in realization, "A caul." 

"What?" Peter frowns. 

"The Caul.  The girl was saying it as she was dying.  I just didn't realize." Roman explains.  

"And how do you know what that is?" Miranda asks. 

"Nadia was born with one." Roman says. 

Letha frowns as she hears it all, she gets up and carries Nadia with her to the bathroom. 

Peter looks up at Letha, "They're after the baby." 

Nadia cries in Letha's arms as she holds on to her tight.

"Why are they after my daughter?  I just got her back.  She's nothing important to them." Letha exclaims in disbelief.  

"They're part of the Order." Celena gasps.

"What?" Matt frowns.

"The Order of the Dragon.  It's a group or something.  Like a religious cult who believe anything against god's will should be destroyed.  Beings like Peter.  Like Roman.  Now, Nadia.  What exactly is the Caul, Roman?" She turns to him. 

Roman sighs deeply, "The Caul is what babies are born with...who are Upirs."

Letha frowns at Roman, "Nadia is a Upir?" She scoffs. 

"Her father must be one.  Whoever that is." Peter says and frowns when he catches a look that Roman and Celena share.  "What?  What was that look?"

"Cell?" Matt frowns.  "You know something?"

Celena sighs and licks her lips, "Celena...please don't."  Roman begs in his mind.  "Trust me." She assures him. 

"Roman found out that not only that Olivia kidnaped the baby...but she planned your rape.  Some guy she paid to drug you while you slept.  Which is explains why you said it was an angel.  It was because of a narcotics that Pryce whipped up in his lab.  They planned this baby.  And you were their lab rat.  It must have been another Upir she knew." Celena says, lying her ass off but everyone looked at her in shock as they eat it all up.  

"How could she...?" Letha gasps in shock and anger.   "Her own family?" 

"Why? Why would she do this?" Matt demanded answers. 

"Your guess is as good as mine.  Maybe Olivia was trying to make a new race of Upirs or making more.  Maybe Pryce was doing a weird experiment and was going to do something to her body.  Maybe he found a way for Olivia to cheat death.  Who knows what goes on in that lab?  As far as I believe, I think Pryce is trying to play God." Celena says. 

Roman sighs silently in relief for Celena's lie but he had a feeling that one day...the lie will be exposed.  He just hopes they will all be ready to listen to his reasons and will listen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to the Godfrey institute and Dr. Galina Zhelezhnova-Burdukovskaya gives a lot of info to Olivia. Firstly, the blood sludge Johann makes isn't for upir, it's just the biproduct of his failed experiments – in other words, it's previous Prycilla's he's tried to create all ground up in a vat. And if Olivia wants to beat her cancer the best way is to eat his successful experiment – Prycilla.

 Michael drops in on Francis and finds him filled with arrows but alive. Michael's not too upset by this nor even focused on hunting down the cult – so Francis drops the bomb that Olivia killed Clementine, just like what Celena told him. He didn't go after Olivia because of the pact – especially since the White Tower will use technology to destroy all Upirs. Michael doesn't really care and grants Francis 'mercy'. Time for some riding out – in addition to Michael, Norman also heads out with a gun, going for Olivia. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Letha slept over at Roman's with Nadia nearby her.  After reuniting with her daughter, she didn't want to lose her again.  Matt held her close to him as they slept.  Roman walks into the room quietly as Nadia was about to fuss.  He carefully picks her up and cradles her against his chest.  This was the first time for Nadia not be afraid of Roman.  She actually wanted him to pick her up.  She coos softly in his arms and he walks her back to her room.  Her bunker for protection.  He can't let the Order get to her.  He can't.  He sits on the floor and leans on the wall with her in his arms and holds her close.  He smiles gently as he takes her tiny hand and feel it grip on his large finger.  

Roman looks up as Peter and Celena walks in.  Celena smiles at how adorable this looked but she could only focus on Roman's exhausted face.  

"Miranda's out.  Tranqs that Destiny gave her knocked her out like a light.  She'll be down till morning." Celena whispers.  

Roman nods as his eyes were becoming heavy, "We gotta finish this, all three of us, find the warehouse.  What Destiny said, it's gotta be the one near the river bend." 

"And when do we do this?" Peter asks. 

"Now." Roman says and begins to nod off. 

Celena sighs as he rubs her tired eyes, "Roman."

Roman snaps his head up a little as he tries to fight the sleep, "Hm?"

"We haven't slept." Peter points out, his eyes were tired as well and heavy. 

"No.  They're gonna figure out where the baby is." Roman says.  He carried so much fear for Nadia.  His daughter.  

"How?  They don't even know she's alive." Peter says. 

"I can't risk it." Roman says. 

"How are you gonna fight 'em?" Peter scoffs.  "You're gonna grab your battle-axe from the fireplace?  Make Celena turn them into crumbled paper?  We can't risk making her use again.  Not until we figure out what that thing is inside her.  We need a plan." 

"Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea." Celena scoffs as Peter frowns at her, "It's ferocious, that's for damn sure.  When someone or something tries to harm me." 

"But what if when it comes, you won't.  What if it's like a Vargulf?  Keep using and you'll be gone." Peter states. 

Celena didn't know how to argue with that.  She was too tired to fight.  They all were. 

"Let me think on it.  Just for a minute." Roman mumbles sleepily and begins to nod off.

Peter nods, "Ok.  Tonight, then.  We'll go check out the warehouse and come up with a plan." He says. 

Roman was finally out.  Peter reaches and takes Nadia into his arms, holding her gently and rocks her.  He gets up and gently places Nadia back into her crib.  

When he turns to talk to Celena, he finds her curled up against Roman.  Her head on his lap as she sleeps.  Anna appears at the door as she looks at them, watching them with soft eyes as they slept.  She frowns when she looks at Peter.  

Peter sighs, "When they wake up, tell them to call me." He says and walks out of the room.

Peter decided to check out the warehouse himself and what he found was the answers he's been looking for.  Exactly what Destiny has described.  Masks, black clothes, pictures of the children.  He need to find the killers.  He gets ready to transform but...he spies the laser pointers covering his body.  He looks and sees he was caught. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At The Godfrey Institute. Olivia goes hunting Prycilla.  She decides to take heed to the words of Dr. Galina Zhelezhnova-Burdukovskaya.  As Prycilla was sleeping, she saw her as an easy prey.  Olivia leans over to bite Prycilla and she wakes up and calls Olivia mother.  Freezing her in her tracks when she hears the voice of her daughter.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celena twitches in her sleep as she feels something heavy pressing on her chest.  Pressure.  Something was telling her something terrible was happening.  She whimpers softly in her sleep.  Anna managed to get her into bed as well as Roman.  She yelps softly in her sleep as she begins to hear screaming in her head and the sound of arrows thudding against flesh.  

"Celena!!!" Peter's voice screams in her head.  

"Peter." She whimpers in sleep as she tosses and turns.  

"Save him!" A demonic voice roars out.  "Save him!" 

Celena whimpers in terror as she hears more arrows and Peter screaming.  

She snaps her eyes open and screams as she sees a demonic twin of herself straddling her, "WAKE UP!"  It screeched.  

Celena grunts as she feels pain in her chest and looks down to see an arrow sticking out of her chest, but it wasn't her body.  It was a man's.  She recognized the rings on his fingers.  Peter!  He reaches and touches where arrow struck him.  

"Celena."  Peter's voice calls out as he lifts a bloody hand.

Celena practically jumps out of the bed and lands hard on the floor.  She groans in pain as she finally wakes up.  She pants heavily.  It was just a dream.  Just a nightmare.

She gasps and sits up fast, "Peter!" She runs out of her room, "Roman!" She screams as she rushes out of her room...missing the the demonic figure in the mirror as it watches her while it scratches at the glass with her sharp fingernails.  It hisses angrily and it shrieks echo as it fades to black.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 9.8K 51
[COMPLETED] #Ranks : #14 on 30/11/18 (category : Ex) #17 on 29/6/19 ( category : adultromance) #57 on 29/6/19 ( category: Suspense) Excerpt : "I can...
148K 6K 20
❝You're in love with him and he's in love with you and it's a goddamn tragedy, because you look at him and see the stars and he looks at you and sees...
61.2K 1.1K 27
He doesn't know how much he's breaking my heart right now. "Trinity, I don't know how to show you how much sorry I am." He states, rubbing his face...
8.3K 859 59
#1 in Adultromance🤭 "She's messing up with my brains again!" Stefano shut his eyes tightly and took a deep breath trying to fight off the feeling he...