TAINTED LOVE (Racer×CEO)

By Havanah_Reverie

Aurelia Hargrave - a, not-so-ordinary, twenty-four year old girl who thrives on illegal Street racing and has... More

Author's Note
Description
❄️ACHIEVEMENTS ❄️
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N [1]
T E N [2]
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N [1]
S I X T E E N [2]
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I NE T E E N
WEDDING AESTHETICS
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E [1]
T H I R T Y O N E [2]
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
T H I R T Y S E V E N
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O U R T Y
F O R T Y O N E
F O R T Y T H R E E
F O R T Y F O U R
F O R T Y F I V E
F O R T Y S I X
IMP. UPDATE
EPILOGUE
Book Sequel Alert!

F O R T Y T W O

2.7K 116 65
By Havanah_Reverie

FORTY TWO : SADNESS AND YEARNING 

Aurellia Raymond's Pov

THE BRIGHT RAYS of the sun seeped through the curtain to caress my face. I groan internally, cursing Theodore for not drawing them at night. And it's then when I realized that the source of warmth and comfort was absent. The space next to me was empty and no one was staring at me. I open my eyes completely and sit up to dangle my feet down the bed. Theodore had gone to America to sign the documents for the syrup company establishment. He had boarded the flight when I was in the office yesterday, a day after our kiss. We hadn't got a chance to talk and I couldn't bring myself to accept the fact that he won't be here for another six more days. 

With a gloomy mood, I took a shower and went down for breakfast after putting on my office attire - a white turtleneck shirt underneath a maroon blazer set. I wore a set of matching white heels to go with it.

I halted on my steps when I couldn't witness Theodore making his infamous pancakes with this blazer on the chair and hand cufflinks of the shirt rolled up till his elbows to flash his veins creeping out from his muscular arms. It's now when I realized how much I missed him, his efficient hands piling up pancakes after pancakes and not letting me leave for office till I have eaten like a 'normal human being and not like a bird.' Yes, I quoted his exact words. 

Suddenly, this makes me realize if I made a mistake by kissing him back. But he initiated it. My mind argued. 

But for a fact, I know that it was me who took it to an entirely different level, maybe against his wish. 

With a sigh I walk over to the kitchen and grab the carton of cereals from the cupboard. Even the cereals tasted like crap because I have got so habituated to eating pancakes made by Theodore. He made the most amazing pancakes in the world and I was not even exaggerating.

Huffing in annoyance that a mere kiss could get my head so fucked up, I emptied the content in the sink and grabbed my keys to get going to the office. 

In the office, there wasn't much work and I kept dreaming and then sighing when I realized that my thoughts kept going back to him. Then I wondered if he was thinking about me as well. 

I looked over towards the glass separation to find nobody staring back at me. I felt hollow a bit more.  

The rest of the day passed in gloom and blur.

Theodore Raymond's Pov

"Sir—sir!" Robin shook me to get my attention. 

It took me a moment to jar my thoughts of Aurellia back and come back to reality. This seemed to happen so many times in a day that I could feel Robin getting frustrated.  He was the secretary of Mr. Hudson, my client. We were discussing the procedures and a launching date but I don't remember what made me zone out in the middle of the conversation. 

Well, I think it was when he was saying that we should plan a massive party and announce our product there, he mentioned that the theme should be royal blue and white. And I was dwelling over the thought of our engagement party when she wore royal blue and looked breathtaking. 

"Robin, I think we should carry on with this discussion tomorrow and I'd also get some time to think about the prospects," I announced with an authoritative tone to indicate the end of the meeting. 

He nodded hesitantly before exiting the door.

The meeting had been going on nonstop since six in the morning and it was now five. I remember how I had to dismiss Aurellia's call when she called at nine in the morning against my wish but honestly, it took some will power to do it considering I haven't talked to her after our first real kiss. 

I ordered my food on the way since I didn't have time to get anything in my stomach the entire day except for some coffee.  

It was seven in the evening when I entered my hotel room. The traffic was horrible. Sighing, I drop my bag and go to freshen up. It wasn't long before my food came and I forced myself to have some. Things just didn't feel normal, they were unsettling.

 It was weird to not have Aurellia look down awkwardly when I stole glances at her while cooking and she pretended to play with the spoons and forks. She was adorable when she was flustered, something I wasn't expecting from a tough racer like her. 

She was more than I could ever figure out. Like a secret buried deep under the ocean but a man would be amazed by the sparkling water under the warm sun rays, totally unaware of the mystery hidden beneath. 

And I felt as if she reflected the secrets in those captivating amber eyes of hers only when her gaze locked with me.   

Third Person's Pov

It was around midnight when both Aurellia and Theodore were sitting on their respective beds and staring aimlessly at their phones or maybe aims which couldn't be fulfilled after all they were overthinkers. Well, it might not be aimless cause both were expecting something - a call. 

Aurellia exhaled out of frustration before dropping her head back on the headrest. 

The bed doesn't feel the same way anymore and Theodore's scent seemed to fade away in those five lonely days. She was feeling more spent than other days even though there wasn't much work back in the office.

Finally, Theodore picked up his phone and dials the number, not letting his thoughts overpower his actions.

Suddenly, Aurellia clicked on his contact number which had been on the screen for a long time but she couldn't bring herself to click on that icon. Not being able to hold herself back anymore she pressed the call option. 

"The number you're calling is currently engaged, please call again later." The automatic voice vomited out the words and both of their hearts sank.

He must have been still working, she reasoned before turning off her phone and switching off the lights to sleep. She felt her energy being drained because of the sudden surge.

She must have been talking to Callum or some friend, he wondered and laid down on the bed with a heavy heart. 

Both were gazing at the ceiling with no actual thoughts running. Thoughts seemed to scatter and they had no idea what to think and believe any longer. 

She always fell asleep while looking at the planes of the fan move and it wasn't long before tiredness lulled her to sleep in place of Theodore's fingers entangling into her locks of hair. 

While he stayed away for a long time thinking of her. The way she was making him feel. He knew that he had fallen in love but he feared that he wasn't the only one. 

The way her little fist would clutch his t-shirt when she'd fall asleep as if he was about to abandon her and run away like her own parents. He understood her insecurities and behaved accordingly. 

This change in his outlook occurred after Aria's demise. And he couldn't bring himself to act like what he wasn't anymore. He realized in the hospital, that Aurellia pretended to have a hard shell when instead she needed adoration and love like the pearl inside those shells. She was beautiful in her own way and Theodore knew that he had been doing wrong all the time till now. 

He never wanted to be like that but she kept pulling at his string to draw attention and vex him more. Not that she had stopped that now…

But one thing Theodore was sure of was that he wanted Aurellia. He wanted to repent for the misdeeds he committed and walk till the end of the earth with her and only her. His head was clear and his intentions strong.

He dreamt of the expression she wore when he asked her to stop the kiss before sleep engulfed him whole. 

***

Missing you comes in waves
And today I'm drowning.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...