Until You're Mine

Von writergxrll

Isabella Young packed up her life in the city that never sleeps in an attempt to escape the buzz of New York... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 2

4.6K 136 14
Von writergxrll

"S-Simon?" I wince at the shake in my voice

A sigh can be heard from the other end of the the phone "I'm sorry for calling you" he sounds tired "but I didn't know who else to call"

I take a few seconds to let my brain register the fact that I'm talking to Simon, the one I haven't heard from or seen in almost six years "Where are you?"

A unhumorous laugh "Jail"

I sigh, everything adding up "You need me to bail you out"

"They won't let me go unless someone picks me up"

I take a few seconds before I respond deciding to let him sweat a little "Which one?" After naming the prison he's in, I note that it'll take me a little over an hour to get there "I'll be there soon"

I groan putting my head in my hands. What I'd like to do right now would be to crawl up in a ball and wallow in self pity before I face the biggest part of my past, but unfortunately right now I don't have the time. If I leave now I might actually make it back for work without getting my ass handed to me by my supervisor 

"Why did he have to call me" I mutter to myself, while I throw on some grey sweatpants. I'd like to pretend I didn't waste an extra few seconds to get the perfect messy bun but unfortunately I still don't want to show up looking like an ogre, even after everything that's happened between us.

And deep down even I know the answer to my question.
Because he knows I'll answer.

The fact that it's a little past three in the morning is the main reason I only meet a total of two cars during the seventy minute journey. Unfortunately for me that means a huge amount of time to overthink

What do I say to him?

Is he going to look the same?

Why the hell is he in jail?

Are we going to act like nothing ever happened between us?

I pull up outside the police station, and after a few seconds of a pep talk reminding myself that I'm a bad bitch, I get out of the car and make my way into the station

"I'm assuming you're here for Simon Bennett?" The policewoman gives me a friendly smile from behind the desk she's sitting at

I nod "Isabella Young"

"Officer Hayes, it's pretty quiet tonight so you can come into the cell with me"

I nod and give her a polite smile, then follow her down the hall. Simons sitting on the makeshift bed when we step into the cell, hunched with his arms resting on his knees, head down.

"Mr Bennett, you're free to go" Officer Hayes informs him before turning to me "we done the paperwork before you got here, saves time"

I nod in understanding.

Simon lets out a heavy breath before standing up. I don't know what I expected to see when he looked up, but it definitely wasn't a defeated looking version of the Simon I knew. His face has noticeably matured, his jawline is sharper than I remembered covered in a stubble meaning he hasn't shaved in a couple of days. At six foot he still has a good amount of height on my 5'7 stance. He's wearing some black sport shorts, showing off his toned, tanned legs and a white T-shirt which clings to his muscles in all the right places and also lets everyone know he has one hell of a six pack underneath it.

What I definitely didn't expect was that I was going to react the exact same way I did all those years ago

I also didn't expect the busted lip and black eye but that's the least of my worries.

"He could have a concussion" Officer Hayes speaks as we walk back up the corridor side by side with Simon trailing behind us, yet to say a word "you might want to take him to the E.R."

I give her a grateful smile "It's good, I'm a nurse. Thanks for everything"

Simon and I walk to the car in silence neither one of us uttering a word to each other. It's only when I'm half way down the highway that I decide I'm done with the silence

"So what were you doing in jail, I'm assuming it wasn't for shits and giggles?" I don't keep the harshness out of my voice, to get through this I need to keep my walls up

To stop myself from getting hurt again

"Bar fight" he grunts not bothering to glance my way

I give it a few more minutes before I continue with my interrogation "When did you get back? Liv never mentioned it"

"Probably because she doesn't know. No one does" he gives me a pointed look "and you're not going to tell them"

I throw him a glare before turning my attention back to the road "So I bail you out of jail, for a 'bar fight' and you're expecting me to lie to your family, my friends, and pretend you're still at war?"

He seems to wince at the mention of the job he was occupied by for the last five years "Shit Iz, I'm literally begging you not to tell them"

Iz

I sigh "How long have you been back?"

"A week"

"Where are you staying?"

"I was staying at hotel"

I raise an eyebrow "was?"

"Blew all my money"

"You can stay at my place" the words slip out of my mouth before I register them and I inwardly kick myself. You think letting Simon secretly stay at your house is going to end well? "I have a spare room, and you don't exactly have much options. I'm your only hope"

"You don't h-"

"Shut up, I'm keeping your secret for now. You owe me one"

I let my eyes cast a glance his way, the streetlights casting shadows on his face and I can almost see the smile he's trying not to show.

I almost let myself enjoy the moment but it only takes a few memories to knock me right back into reality.

The car remains silent for the rest of the journey both of us knowing that even though I may be doing him a huge favour, nothing will ever be the same with us again

Not after everything we've been through

"Nice place" Simon nods at my house when I pull up outside it

"Thanks" My voice is quieter than I would've liked,  something along the lines of 'strong' and 'uncaring'. That would've work better

Speaking of work

"Shit, my shift starts in ten minutes" I push open my car door and as gracefully as I can, speed walk to my front door. Simon follows close behind me and shuts the door after us "You're going to have to give yourself a tour, I need to change and get the hell out of here"

I change into my scrubs, which I'd like to think I make look good. I glance in the mirror knowing I don't have time for make up and my bun which thankfully stayed intact will have to do

"Eat whatever you want, the remotes on the sofa, don't go to sleep in case you really do have a concussion" I list as I walk down the stairs and turn to face Simon who's standing at the other end of the hall, with his arms crossed "and for the love of god, don't answer the door to anyone" 

I'm almost out the door when he calls my name, causing me to turn around "Thank you"

I give him my best fake smile "Your my best friends brother, I'd do anything for Liv and she'd want me to do this for you"

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Hey guys for an updating routine I'm thinking Sunday, Tuesday and Fridays!!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

24.4K 664 54
The beginning chapters of this story have been revised and rewritten. #2 out of 2.1K stories in secretlove- Oct 12, 2023 #7 in secretlove - Feb 6, 2...
4.4K 31 15
Maya Patel is just like any 25 year old. She goes to work, dates, hooks up with coworkers, and spends her lunch talking to her comatose best friend s...
1.7K 31 20
Twelve years ago, he drove away with my heart in his hands. I've moved on since then. Or so I thought. Growing up in a small town, there weren't too...
789 133 36
#Note 5 This is going to be our love room, no one else but us comes in,Only one thing happens in here and it's all night long. I know we are married...