Home

By WinterWolf-99

Phantom Planet has happened, but revealing their secret turned into the biggest mistake of their lives. Danny... More

Chapter 1: Parachute
Chapter 2: Bad Landing
Chapter Three: The Cave
Chapter Four: The Start Of Trust
Chapter Five: The League
Chapter Six: One Year
Chapter Seven: PTSD
Chapter Eight: Hiding Place
Chapter Nine: Distrust
Chapter Ten: Another Mystic
Chapter Eleven: Flores Sanquire
Chapter Twelve: Siren of Nature
Chapter Thirteen: A Chance to Trust
Chapter Fourteen: The Ghost Zone
Chapter Fifteen: The Mystic Isles
Chapter Sixteen: Mystic War
Chapter Seventeen: Have To Go Back
Chapter Eighteen: Amity Park
Chapter Nineteen: Home Sweet Hell Hole
Chapter Twenty: Good Luck? Never Heard Of It
Chapter Twenty-One: A Lot More Than Meets The Eye
Chapter Twenty-Two: Jazz
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Hard Truth
Chapter Twenty-Four: You're Nothing To Us
Chapter Twenty-Five: Of Councils And A Costumed Huntress
Chapter Twenty-Six: Huntress In Red
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Danielle Phantom
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Divide & Conquer
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Enter The Crystal Beasts
Chapter Thirty: The Hybrid
Chapter Thirty-One: Breaking Into A Government Facility... Again
Chapter Thirty-Two: We've Had Enough Of You
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Horrors Of Reality
Chapter Thirty-Four: Okay, Now We're Mad
Chapter Thirty-Five: First Battle Of A War
Chapter Thirty-Six: Tale of Dark Dan
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Rise
Chapter Thirty-Nine: A Battle Begins
Chapter Forty: Demon Of Fire
Chapter Forty-One: Flaming Feathers
Chapter Forty-Two: A Ghost's Rage
Chapter Forty-Three: Ultimate Harmony
Chapter Forty-Four: Final Showdown
Chapter Forty-Five: Returning Home

Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Army of Magic

365 13 5
By WinterWolf-99

Siren came back into the main room of their headquarters. He noticed all the amazed looks that he was getting.

"What," he asked.

"They're shocked by your talent, even though you're a siren," Phantom smirked.

"I was able to sing long before I became a siren," White said.

"You are still very talented, White," Kaldur put a hand on his shoulder.

"Every time you sing, it's like it touches our hearts," M'gann smiled as she put her hand over her heart.

"Music is literally in my blood," White grinned.

"I've said it before and I will say it again, you've got one heck of a voice," Karen said.

"I don't think there are any actual musicians that could stand up to a siren," Dick smiled at the siren.

"Kelly Clarkson might be able to," Gar snickered.

"That makes sense," White smirked. "She is the daughter of Apollo, after all."

"Wait what," Mal was shocked.

"Like we've been saying, magic is everywhere," Danny smirked.

"Take Shakespear for example," Roland joined the conversation. "He is actually a legacy. He's a descendant of Calliope, muse of epic poetry."

This was driving further home everything the twins were always telling them. Magic was everywhere, even if they did not know it. Having a famous singer being a demigoddess and the world's most famous playwrite as a muse's descendant just made it more obvious.

"You never really explained before, White," Jaime says. "How are sirens normally created... born... you know what I mean."

"It is actually both simple and complicated at the same time," White says. "Siren creation is based on both nature and nurture. How a person lived by those around them and who they were as an individual. Sirens are born when another one passes, their element transferring to the next one being 'born." 

"Like my brother said, magic itself (herself or himself, depends on who you ask) chooses who is next to become a siren," Danny helped him explain. "The person is always slightly leaning toward their respected element even as humans. And while they don't have to be music prodigies or musically inclined, all that are chosen are typically those that like to sing, listen to music, or play an instrument. Some are even dancers or actors."

"That's really cool," Impulse said, in awe of what he had heard.

"It is true for all sirens," Robin asked, almosting looking like he was taking notes on his holo-glove.

"Other than myself, yes," White answered. "For example, take Lena. While a siren for four thousand years, she was still once a human. Lena had been quite a normal girl living in ancient Greece, like the first recorded sirens. She was a farmer's daughter living in the city of Kavala, known back then as Neapoli. While her parents dealt the animals on their farm, she did the gardening. She was a natural when it came to growing the vegetables and fruits her family grew. And even in these ancient times, she had a mind of her own and spoke her mind, defending her thoughts and beliefs. She dreamed of being a lyre player for the theatre. One day, during the Trojan War, her father was forced into the army for the Greeks. As a gardener, she had prayed to Demeter to keep her father safe on the battlefield. Her prayers were answered in the form of becoming the siren of nature to watch over and protect her father from the shadows."

The team stared at the siren prince in awe. They had no idea that would be the origin story of the usual bright and sunny nature siren. But it did explain why she was so protective and caring for Siren, as protection was at the core of why she became a siren in the first place.

"I hate to bring this up, but what about the original sirens," Karen asked. "The ones that started the whole 'sing to lure people to us so we can eat them' thing? I mean no offense, of course."

"We know, Bumblebee," Danny assures the scientist.

"Those tales were ones made up by sailors that would sail by an island where some sirens would live when on earth," White explained. "They heard the natural music that seems to float around sirens when we're together. Mix that with the ancient siren of water using his powers to defend the island from some wannabe invaders, and out came the tale of the carnivorus sirens."

"Yicks," Gar cringed.

"You have no idea," White sighed. "And let me tell you that it is a lot more insulting to the siren of animals, who happens to be a vegetarian."

The team all nodded at that. They all gathered in the main room, the computer screens still going through the files on each of the demonic-powered zombies now running around the town. The sheer amount of them was daunting. The twins both held the pendants around their necks to calm themselves down.

"Are you sure your song reached the isles," Robin asked, changing the subject.

"If it didn't, I must not be much of a siren," White said. "They all heard me. Just give them a few minutes and they will be here."

"Summoning an army has never been so easy," Impulse joked.

"There is song for every occasion," White smiled. "Fight songs, love songs, inspirational songs, anthums, empowering songs, name any type of situation and I can probably find a sing to match it."

"Another pro to having the prince of sirens on our side," Roland grinned.

"White always has been a music master at heart," Danny smirked.

"Next time Music Maester attacks, I am so calling you," Dick said.

"Who," Jazz and Valerie asked.

"He's one of the more 'world domination' type villains in Gotham," Robin explained. "Similar to White's song, he has the power to control those that hear his singing voice."

"Talk about a mortal dragging the name of the sirens through the mud more than they already have been," Jazz crossed her arms.

"You have no idea," White shook his head.

"Guys," Valerie got the attention of the twins.

"Yeah, Val," Danny asked.

Jazz and Huntress stood next to each other as they talked with the twins.

"We were wondering..." Jazz trailed off.

"Yes," White urged their sister to continue.

"We want to come back with you two," Valerie finished for Jazz. "Back to the realm you've been living in."

That certainly threw the twins for a loop.

"You want to what," Danny's eyes widened. "Come back with us? Are you sure?"

"More sure than any other thing we have ever been sure about," Jazz said. "Even once the Guys In White are taken care off, this realm is still a disaster. We all know that the mystics are ready to fully abandon this place."

The twins could only nod in response. They both knew that was true. Krinos and Lena certainly heard talk among the nymphs that the being of nature didn't want to ever be in this realm.

"You guys lived here your whole lives," White says. "Are you sure you want to just leave all that behind."

"You mean how I used to be a stuck-up A-lister whos friends all abandoned her when she lost all her money," Valerie crossed her arms. "Or how I blamed the entirety of the Ghost Zone for a ghost dog wanting its favorite toy, saying it ruined my life. Or maybe how my ghost hunting had started when a half-ghost maniac manipulated my emotions to get me to fight his battles."

"Or maybe you mean how I am the daughter of two lunatics that believe all ghosts and mystics are evil and need to die," Jazz said. "Or how two people that used to be my friends make me sick just looking at them. Maybe you even mean the endless and annoying ghost attacks that have been driving me crazy for over five years."

"Well... when you put it that way," Danny rubbed the back of his neck.

"This drama and this realm's issues with magic are the reason we were separated from you guys in the first place," Jazz says. "And Frostbite will breath fire before I let it take you two away from me a second time."

"We may not be heroes, but we want to be," Valerie said. "Red Huntress can become the hero that I know I can be."

"We can be the family that we deserve," Jazz says.

"What about your father, Val," White asked.

"He could come with me," Valerie answered. "From what you've been telling us about your realm, he might do really good at Star Labs or Wayne Enterprises."

The twins did have to admit that Huntress did have a point on that one. But before they could answer, they heard a commission upstairs. It seemed like a lot of somebodies had arrived in the warehouse part of their headquarters.

"Sounds like our army has arrived," Danny said.

"Sounds like a lot of mystics," Jazz noticed.

The team were lead upstairs by the twins, in case any of the mystics mistook the heroes for a bad guy and tried to attack them. 

"Wow," was their common reaction.

The mystics were one hell of a sight to see. There were so many of them that it was almost hard to keep track of them all.

From their previous visit to the isles, the team easily recognized some of the mystical species in the room. Like the sirens, harpies, a few witches, Skylar with some more pegasi, and even some nymphs and valkyries. Other mystics that they recognized from stories or descriptions the twins gave them were also there. Vampires, shapeshifters, were-creatures, human-sized fairies, satyrs, demigods, and more legacies. Others didn't look like any specific being or creature.

The team relaxed as they saw the twins, Jazz, and Huntress start mingling with the mystics. They almost seemed to immediately be surrounded by a group of other mystics.

They recognized Krinos, Lena, Orion, and Melinda, but not the others.

The first seemed to be a brother and sister pair. The girl was in a knee-length dress designed to looked like the night sky. It was black and covered in tiny silver gems that looked like stars. She also wore a milky way white infinity scarf, matching her white wedges. Silver cuff bracelets were on her wrists and silver was woven into her black hair. Her brother was also in a black outfit, but different. He had black pants and t-shirt with a green jacket over his shirt. He also wore dark green boots. On the back of his jacket was a design of a black dragon. On his right wrist was a bracelet that looked like a green dragon wrapped around his wrist. His short black hair had green streaks.

Next was another pair, but they did not look like siblings. More like a sunshine girl and a boy of ice.

The boy was icy and lunar in style. A tall, slim teenager with messy black and blue hair and blue eyes. He sports a pair of baggy dark blue pants. He also wore a black leather jacket, covered in moon designs, with blue boots. A blue shirt under the jacket with a pair of bright white finger-less gloves. He also wears a pale blue scarf around his neck. Around his neck was a snowflake pendent. 

The girl was more golden and solar. The suit consists of several shades of white and gold to match a pure and bright personality and powers. It includes a light white leather jacket and pants, a golden leather animal print top with a gold leather belt around her waist and high heels. The animal print design on her top is on the sides of her jacket too. She also wears silver linear earrings. She was a brunette with gold and white streaks.

Next was a trio, who had a slight darker vibe to them. A white boy with dark hair, a white girl with blind hair, and an African-American girl with dark hair.

The dark-haired girl was very pretty with her dark skin and black hair, with red and purple streaks. She wore a jean vest with a purple t-shirt and scarf, also a black skirt at thigh-length and brown cowgirl boots. Weird as it was, it was her style. The blond looked like the type that would rip off your head if you made her mad. She wore a red leather jacket over a black shirt. She also wore dark blue pants with black boots. Around her neck was a black choker. Her blond hair had slight streaks of dirty blond color. The boy was just a little bit taller than Sarah with un-tamable brunette hair. He was the type you'd think be into video games and comic books. He wore a jean jacket, the sleeves rolled to his elbows, over red t-shirt and belt. He also wore plain jeans and red laced sneakers. On his wrists were brown cuff bracelets. 

Then there was the only girl that seemed to just be on her own in the group.

She is tan-skinned, and at a medium height, with hazel eyes. She has reddish-brown wavy hair that goes slightly past her shoulders, with the tips of her hair having a lighter shade of copper red. She wore a black body suit/costume with the shirt having a golden vest-like piece of clothing. She also wore gold high heel boots with the boots reaching her knees.

The final two were a pair of sirens that stood, or rather floated, next to Lena.

The first was a boy that looked like the siren version of the sun. His golden blond hair was neck-length and matched the golden jacket and boots he wore. He also had a sky blue t-shirt under the jacket, the jacket's sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His pants were whiteish-gold, same with the gloves he wore on his hands. His blue eyes matched his sky blue wings. The girl next to him was the exact opposite. She had black hair and was dressed in a knee-length black dress covered in silver sparkled, like stars. She had a beautiful black onyx belt. Around her neck was a milky way infinity scarf. She had black flats. Out of her back was a pair of pitch black sparkling wings.

"They certainly seem comfortable," Dick noticed.

"These are probably the only people they know that can truly understand what it means to be in this situation," Kaldur stated. "We can sympathize with them, yes, but not understand them the way that other mystics can."

"Kaldur is right," Conner said. "Taking a quote from a cartoon Danny once showed me. 'Magic must defeat magic.' In this case, it is more like 'only magic can understand magic."

The team had to agree with the half-kryptonian on that one.

"We might as well introduce ourselves to their friends," M'gann says.

"Good idea, sis," Gar smiled.

The team went over to the group of mystics. Phantom, Siren, Huntress, and Jazz smiled as the two groups just looked at each other for a few moments. This was the first time that all of them really all met each other. It had just been a few small meetings here and there before.

"Nice to see you guys again," Lena gave them a smile. "It is always a pleasure seeing the heroes our friends work with."

"It really is," Krinos grinned at them. "And whoever one of you usually fights that nymph wannabe Poison Ivy, I thank you for doing that. That woman gives mystics like me a bad name."

Nightwing and Robin can't help but chuckle at that. 

"Mind introducing us," the blond darker vibe girl crossed her arms.

"Well, first, these are our hero friends we've been with since we left this realm," Danny says. "Nightwing, Robin, Superboy, Aqualad, Tempest, Miss. Martian, Beast Boy, Impulse, Guardian, and Bumblebee."

The heroes all greeted the mystics. Most of them seemed the most intrigued by Beast Boy and Miss. Martian. But what else can be said about two people with green skin. That was unique even to them. 

"You already know Lena, Krinos, Melinda, Orion, and Skylar," White says, then moved onto the other two sirens. "These are two are fellow sirens from the isles. Solace, siren of the sun, and Nyx, siren of the night."

"It is a pleasure to meet allies of our prince," Nyx curtsied.

"Do not worry about how proper Nyx is being," Solace says. "She is one of the oldest sirens back home, so she tends to behave very proper around Prince White like an other subject would in olden times."

Siren then moved onto the trio.

"These are our three vampire friends," he introduces. "Sarah, Erica, and Ethan."

"Hello," Sarah, the African-American, greets them.

"Hey," Ethan waves at them.

"Which one of them has the best blood," Erica, the blond, wickedly licked her fangs.

The team all took a step away from her.

"Erica," Sarah and Ethan scolded.

"Don't mind her," Lena giggled. "She enjoys the 'scaring people' aspect of being a vampire a little more than others do."

"These two are also old friends of ours," Danny motioned to the pair that have to be siblings. "Mason and Juliet LeFay."

"LeFay," Robin raises an eyebrow.

"Yes, you heard that right," Juliet stated.

"We really are the son and daughter of Morgana Pendragon, otherwise known as Morgan LeFay," Mason said.

That bit of info was a lot to take in combined with everything else. And they barely over halfway done with the introductions. Siren introduced the sun girl and ice boy next.

"These two are Alain and Caitlin," he introduced. "Alain is a werewolf blessed by Artemis, the moon goddess, to have ice powers. And Caitlin is a were-cat blessed by Apollo, god of the sun, to have light powers."

The team was even more speechless.

"What's the matter," Caitlin teased. "Cat got your tongue?"

"Caitlin," Alain shook his head.

"What," Caitlin giggled. "They basically walked into that pun by being speechless."

"You are lucky our powers cancel each other out or I would so have vanquished you by now," Alain crossed his arms.

"I can say the same thing," Caitlin said as they glare at each other.

"These two," Krinos shook his head.

Siren introduced the last mystic.

"And last, but definitely not the least, this is Alya," he said. "She is from the Isle of Beasts and has the power to channel the abilities of animals."

"It is great to meet a group of young heroes," the tan girl smiled.

The team knew that this was going to be one hell of a battle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.4K 21
The Justice League's covert operations team is sent to check up on Project CADMUS when they resurface a few years after the team rescued Superboy, on...
4.4K 135 18
𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 ★ "a female deity" ᯽ 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐱𝐨𝐜 ᯽ 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬𝟐
90.3K 2.7K 45
"I love you, Blue Jay. I love everything about you." "And I love you, Dick Grayson. But-" "But what?!" "How can you say you love everything about me...
56.1K 1.6K 40
(I do not own Young Justice) White Hope was born with a powerful magic that enables him to use sound infused with the light of the sun. But his life...