I Miss You (Klaus Mikaelson)

By Floyd__

She was the angel in his nightmare, the angelic face of Klaus' one true love, ripped away from him countless... More

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
Author's Note
28. AU
29. AU
Epilogue. AU

11.

35.4K 692 327
By Floyd__

1114
Klaus walked down a street with Rebekah and Elijah at his side. Rebekah begged to go into the square to see the new man she fancied. Klaus and Elijah stood watching there sister flirt with the man. It made Klaus miss Layla. He has been waiting for the curse Esther placed to come into affect, so he could just see her, turn her into a vampire and live happily with her. She never came.

Until that day, something caught his eye. The beautiful face that flooded his memories. Her dark hair in its natural curly state, her green eyes as bright as emeralds. Her skin, ever so silky. She was absolutely stunning. Elijah looked toward his brothers gaze to see the one his brother loved, Layla.

"Am I imaging that?" Klaus whispered.

"No Niklaus," Elijah told him.

"Layla," her name rolled off his tongue, as it came natural. Klaus wanted to run up a kiss her, hold her and never let her go.

He began to walk up to her, but was stopped by Elijah, "Are you sure you want to speak to her?" Klaus looked at him, as if he was crazy. Of course he wanted to speak to her. He wanted to do more than speak to her. "You remember what mother says, she will die,"

"I don't care, I will change her," Klaus said. He walked up to her, beginning to feel nervous, like the first time he kissed her.

Layla felt as if she was being watched, when she turned her head, a man was walking up to her. She never met this man before, but she knew him once upon a dream.

"Hello," he said, "My name is Klaus, I couldn't help but notice how stunningly beautiful you are."

Layla's checks flared red, "Why, thank you, I'm Layla."

Klaus smiled, "It's a pleasure."

This would be the first of many reunions with his beloved.

**********************

Layla was asleep in her bed. She was turned slightly, moving her head off her pillow, onto a chest. She was unaware about him being in her room, but non of the less he was here, in her room. Klaus began to chuckle, making Layla wake up. She slowly opened her eyes, and was starring into blue ones. She jumped back, falling off her bed, "What the hell Klaus!"

"Came to check up on you love," he shrugged.

"Why are you in my house? Why are you in my room laying on my bed?" she screeched, "It's creepy."

"You seemed upset last night," Klaus told her.

"Yeah, I was upset last night. You turned my friend into a hybrid, made Stefan turn off his humanity, and tried to drain Elena of her blood, so no I'm not okay," she huffed.

"I'm sorry love, I need to make hybrids."

"You don't need to you, you want to," she snapped, "You seemed upset last night also, you ran when Damon mentioned a dude named Mikael? Who is he Klaus?"

Klaus frowned, "My sworn enemy?" he said more like a question.

Layla rolled her eyes at the hybrid laying in her bed, "Leave I have school today."

"You're not going to school today love," Klaus told her.

"Then where am I going?" she asked.

"Road trip with me, we are going to talk to a witch to see if we can save you this time and break the blasted curse."

"Let me think," Layla began, "No."

Klaus sighed and suddenly became alert, "What?" Layla asked.

"Someone is downstairs," he said getting up. Layla followed him down the steps, to see Alaric standing in her kitchen holding a bag of food. His eyes went wide when he saw Klaus.

Layla sighed, knowing Alaric would become suspicious of why Klaus was here and her appearance in her pajamas. "Ric why are you here so early?"

Alaric didn't take his eyes off of Klaus, "I brought you breakfast, since you have school today, plus I haven't heard from you all summer."

Layla sighed, accepting the food, "Klaus was just stopping by. Weren't you Klaus?"

He smirked, "Of course love. I'm taking it as a no for the road trip?"

Layla hesitated for a moment. She was torn, not sure what the right answer was. Klaus flashed her a smile before slipping out of her house. Layla frowned, not wanting him to leave yet.

"What was that about?" Alaric asked her immediately.

"It's a long story, involving a curse, a never ending cycle of me, and my untimely death," Layla told him.

Alaric looked at her confused, "Okay well I have to be at the school early, call if you need anything."

Layla smiled, "Thanks Ric."

*********************

Layla stood at her closet, still trying to decide what to do with Klaus. She hastily pulled an outfit and slipping it on her body. Klaus' offer still rang in her ears, she wanted to go and find answers with Klaus but, it was Klaus. She listened to her instincts and pulled her phone out of her bag, dialing Klaus' number. It rang a few times before he actually picked up.

Klaus smirked at his phone, he knew she wanted to come but cared to much what Alaric thought about it. He answered, "Change you mind love?"

Layla sighed, "I only want to go, so I can figure out how not to die."

"That is the ultimate plan, I will come fetch you," Klaus said.

"Thanks," Layla told him before hanging up her phone.

She threw herself on her bed. Months ago, she was so unwilling to be in the same room has him. Now, she was willing on going to find a witch so they could save her life.

***************

Bonnie stood at her locker, gathering her books for the day. Jeremy walked up, leaning on the lockers next to her's. She gave him a small smile and tried to walk away.

"So, what? It's not cool to talk to juniors anymore?" Jeremy asked.

"Hey," Bonnie said cooly, "Happy first day."

Jeremy sighed, "You're mad?"

"I'm not mad. I'm resigned to the fact I'm sharing space in our relationship with Anna and Vicki," Bonnie told him.

Jeremy began to think of what he should say next, "I haven't talked to Vicki in a while."

Bonnie glared at him, not satisfied with his answer, "That's not the point, Jeremy."

"I know that. I know. Okay? But I had to see Anna again, Bonnie," Jeremy told her, "She had information that Damon needed."

"I get it, Jeremy. But put yourself in my shoes. You loved both of them. And you guys didn't break up. They died," Bonnie said, "And you keep letting them back in."

Jeremy looked at her annoyed, "You think I want any of this?"

"I, um... I think you have the power to decide whether or not you see them. Remember that. Okay?" Bonnie said turnig away to leave.

***************

Elena walks out of the bathroom running into Stefan, she looked up at him, pain written on her face.

"Hello, Elena," Stefan greeted.

"What are you doing here?" Elena said bitterly.

"What do you mean? I'm going back to school," Stefan replied, "Go Timberwolves!"

"What? Why?" Elena asked confused.

"Klaus wants me to keep an eye on you," he told her, "I'm just doing what I'm told."

"I'm going to be late for class," she muttered, trying to walk away but Stefan caught her arm.

"Oh, class is this way."

Elena glared at him, "Let go of me, Stefan."

"Elena, do you think I want to be a senior for the 100th time?" Stefan asked, "No. But if I don't have a choice in the matter, then neither do you."

"I said let go of me," Elena growled.

Alaric saw the scene taking place and immediately went into action, "Let her go."

Stefan glared at Alaric before shoving him against a locker.

"Stefan, stop it!" Elena muttered.

"You're not gonna want to get in my way. Okay Ric?" Stefan said, "I will see you both in history." He walked away. Elena put her face in her hand s and groaned.

"Have you seen Layla?" she asked him.

"This morning, I brought her breakfast, she said she was coming," Alaric told her with a confused expression on his face.

Elena didn't see Layla, she thought it was odd, Layla wouldn't miss the first day of school, not her senior year. Her mind raced with possibilities of were she might be. In the back of her mind, she thought something was wrong.

Elena frowned, "I haven't seen her all day, it's not like her to rip off the first day? Did she say anything?"

"No..." Alaric sighed, "But when I was there, so was Klaus."

Elena's eyes went wide, "Ric! What if he hurt her?"

"I don't think he would," he assured her, "But she did mention something about a curse."

Elena never heard of a curse coming from Layla. She always tried to skip the supernatural problems in Mystic Falls, "Can you just call her?"

He obliged and led Elena into the privacy of his classroom and dialed her number into his phone.

Layla sat in Klaus' SUV when her phone began to vibrate. She answered it quickly seeing it was Alaric. She was worried something bad happened.

"Hello?" she answered.

"You said you were coming to school," Alaric's voice came from the other end, "Where are you."

Layla sighed, looking at Klaus for help, he shrugged, "Look Ric, I have to do this."

"But your with Klaus!"

Layla sighed, knowing he heard that, "He wanted to help me with the curse."

"Why would he want to do that?" Alaric asked.

Layla looked at Klaus, asking for permission to tell him. Klaus nodded, knowing Alaric was practically a father to her. "Okay, so the original witch placed a curse on the original me a thousand years after I died, so I would come back though the years and always end up with Klaus. But, I would end up dying...every time," Layla told him, "So that is why we are going to a witch for help, so I won't die."

"You just couldn't ask Bonnie?" Alaric asked her.

Layla sighed, "She has enough on her plate. Besides they would probably disown me if I told them."

Alaric groaned, "Fine, but if you need anything just call and I will come."

Layla smiled, "You got it, bye Ric," and with that she hung up.

"He seems very controlling love," Klaus smirked.

"Well practically taking care of me, since my parents are dead."

Klaus frowned before reaching over and squeezing her hand. Layla flinched, at first but finally accepted it, holding tightly back.

********************

The school day went fast for Elena and the rest the gang. Rebekah, after being left high and dry be her brother and Layla, decided to stay at the boarding house and join school, much to the dismay of the Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie.

Caroline sat on the ground at cheer practice, stretching when another cheerleader walked up to her, "Has anybody seen Dana?" Caroline's face twisted in sadness after Stefan killed her.

"Sounds like you have an opening on the squad," Rebekah said in work out clothing.

"What are you doing?" Caroline moaned.

Rebekah began to stretch and Caroline watched her, jealously on her face, "Hey. Hey. You can't just come here and infiltrate all of our lives."

Rebekah smirked, "I'm only interested in yours. Your spunk, your popularity." Rebekah looked over at football practice, her eyes falling on Tyler, "Maybe even your boyfriend."

"It's not the ballet, ladies. Let's move! Let's move!" the coach yelled.

Tyler stopped, and walked up to the coach, "I think we're done here, coach."

"Did you have a mental breakdown, Lockwood?" he yelled, "Get back in line."

"I have a better idea," Tyler smirked, "Shut the hell up so we can go get drunk at the bonfire," Tyler said, abusing his new vampire powers.

The coach looked dazed, "Hit the showers, gentlemen."

Caroline walked up to Tyler, after seeing the scene unfold in front of her, "Try to be a little more subtle, Tyler."

"Coming from the queen of subtlety?" Tyler asked, "Relax. I'm in total control."

"Then why are you acting like this?"

"Drop it, Caroline. I'm fine. I've never been better," Tyler told her, "Klaus has given me this... gift."

"What?" Caroline yelled.

Both of them heard some boys, talk about the new toy in Mystic Falls, Rebekah. Tyler and Caroline turned there head, just in time to watch Rebekah do impressive tumbling, ending with a split. Rebekah knew Caroline was watching, giving her a large grin at the end.

"My God!" Caroline mumbled, jealousy visible in her voice.

Tyler smiled, "Damn, girl's got moves."

****************

Layla sat in Klaus' car bored. There was nothing on the radio and he had no CD's. She left out a deep exhale, gaining Klaus' attention.

"What's wrong love? Bored?"

"Yeah, how much longer?" she told him.

"About an hour yet," he replied.

Layla moaned hitting her head off the headrest, "I hate car rides. When my parents and siblings were alive we used to play I spy."

Klaus smiled at her, "A human game?"

Layla looked at like he had five heads, "You lived a thousand years and never played I spy?"

Klaus shook his head, "No, I don't have time for silly human games."

Layla smirked, "Well we are definitely playing." She looked around, "I spy with my little eyes, something white."

Klaus looked at her with an amused look on his face, "Nothing better love?"

"Just guess,"

"The clouds," he told her.

She smiled, "You got it right, now it's your turn."

Klaus took a second before speaking, "I spy with my little eyes, something black."

"Hmm.." Layla began, "Let me guess, your heart?"

Klaus playfully glared at her, "Very good guess, but it was the road."

Layla smiled at him, she liked him this way. Now if only she could keep him like this forever.
******************
"I'll lure Stefan away from the bonfire. Then when he's distracted..." Elena began.

"I'll shoot him," Alaric finished.

They were trying to figure out a way to get Stefan to turn his humanity back on. It seemed like an impossible task to Damon, but Elena was always full of hope.

Damon sighed, "Can't Bonnie just ju-ju him or something?"

"I'm trying to keep Bonnie out of this. I don't trust that Stefan won't hurt her," Elena said, "Caroline, are you covered?"

"Yes!" Caroline said, "I will make sure that the old Forbes jail cell is prepped and ready."

"We're forgetting a key player here," Damon said,"Rebekah? Wherever Stefan goes, the blond ponytail tends to follow."

"Which is why it's your job to keep her away," Elena told him.

How?" Damon exclaimed, "She's an original. Last time I checked, we're out of daggers."

Elena smirked, "So then preoccupy her with your charm."

Alaric chuckled, "Might have better luck finding the dagger."

"Are you ever not going to be mad at me for a day?" Damon asked Alaric.

"Doubtful," Alaric told him.

"Sorry I'm late," Tyler said entering the room, "What's going on?"

"We need you to raid your mom's vervain supply," Elena said, "Enough to keep Stefan down for a while."

"You can't do that to Stefan," Tyler protested.

Caroline looked at him confused, "Why not?"

"Trust me, Tyler, it's in his best interest," Elena assured him.

"Yeah. It's not in Klaus's," Tyler said.

"But Klaus is the bad guy, Tyler," Caroline told him, "You know, why are you acting like some freaky, hybrid, slave minion."

"Uh-oh," Damon groaned.

"What?"

"Klaus made me who I am, Caroline," Tyler said, "I owe him everything."

"Oh, boy," Damon sighed.

"Okay, can we cool it on the commentary, please," Caroline glared at Damon.

"What is going on?" Elena asked confused.

Damon picked up a vervain dart from the table. Tyler watched him carefully, "I'm just going to go."

Damon rushed at Tyler, stabbing him with the vervain dart on the neck. Tyler collapsed to the ground. Everyone looked at Damon with shocked expressions.

"What are you doing?" Caroline screeched.

Damon sighed, "He's been sired."

"What?"

"Sired," Damon repeated, "He feels loyal to Klaus because Klaus's blood created him."

"Loyal how?" Elena asked.

"He'll seek acceptance from his master. It's really rare," Damon said, "But maybe not so much in hybrids."

"So how do I fix him?" Caroline asked worry rising in her voice.

"Get a new boyfriend."

********************

Klaus pulled up to a small house in the suburbs. It was polished nicely, the grass just cut. Layla looked at it carefully, "Are you sure a witch lives here?"

"Yes love, now let's go."

Layla got out of the car, Klaus reached for her hand, holding it in her own. Layla didn't flinch she held on, satisfying him.

Klaus knocked on the door, "Are you sure she can help us?" Layla asked.

Klaus nodded, "She is a very powerful witch."

The door swung open revealing a witch. She was short, maybe in her early 20's. Her skin was pale, and her blonde hair swept down her back. Her eyes reminded her of Klaus'. "Klaus..." she greeted.

Klaus smiled, "Hello Michelle, we need your help."

Michelle leaned on the doorframe, "What can I do for you?"

Klaus turned to me, "This is the Layla that the original witch placed a curse upon."

Michelle smiled, "Nice to meet you, Klaus told me much about you. Please come in."

Layla followed Klaus in, feeling a little jealous of Michelle. She felt as if they had a deeper connection. Michelle went to gather some grimoires and herbs leaving Klaus and Layla alone. Klaus knew Layla was feeling jealous, he smiled knowing she was feeling something for him.

"No need to worry love, Michelle is a descendent of the original witch herself," Klaus told her.

Layla nodded, "What is she going to do?"

Klaus shrugged, "Try and contact her from the other side. The hybrid curse could be broken, why can't this one be broken?"

Layla smiled slightly as Michelle came back in with her things, "Ready?"

******************

Elena laid on the school bleachers, drunk from the bon-fire she escaped. Stefan walked behind her watching her closely.

"I used to know every constellation," Elena said, "How did I forget them all?"

"You're drunk," Stefan told her, "You need to go home."

Elena got up,"Fine. Unh. Let me find my car."

Stefan smirked,"You're joking, right?"

"Uh-oh. It's the fun police," Elena groaned, "I thought that ripper Stefan was supposed to be the life of the party."

"Well, all right, I'm driving you home," Stefan said, "Come on."

Elena ignored him and began to climb over the ramp on the top of the bleachers.

"What are you, five?" Stefan asked, "Get down."

"Why?" Elena asked, "Are you afraid that I'm going to..." she stopped, almost falling, "Oh. Ha. That was close. Klaus would not be happy with you."

"You're hilarious," Stefan said dryly.

"Look, Stefan, no hands," Elena grinned. She removed her hand almost falling again. Stefan was not amused by her pranks. Elena laughed,but this time actually falling. She screamed but Stefan quickly moved to catch her.

"I knew you'd catch me," Elena grinned.

They looked at each other for a moment longer and he released her. Alaric arrived behind Stefan, shooting him vervain darts. Stefan fell to the ground unconscious.

Alaric looked at Elena worried, "You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm... Fine," Elena mumbled.

"You look, uh, not sober," Alaric said not sure what to do.

"The plan worked. That's all that matters," Elena said, "Let's just get him out of here."

Elena opened Alaric's trunk while he put Stefan in. Elena went inside. Unaware that Vicki Donavan, who was smoking watching them. She looked to the ground blowing her joint.

Alaric closed the trunk and noticed gasoline can on the floor, "I see all the geniuses came out to the bonfire tonight," he muttered.

Vicki threw the joint to the ground, making the gasoline catch on fire leading to ten car. Soon Alaric's car caught on fire with Elena and Stefan in it. Alaric became panicked and tried to open the door but failed.

"Elena! Elena! Open the door!" he yelled.

She tried p, but it wouldn't open, "I can't! It won't open! What the hell?"

Vicki appeared in the car next to Elena, unaware she was there, "I'm sorry, Elena," she said.

Alaric rushed to another car to find something. He came back with a lacrosse stick. He tried to break the window but it doesn't work. Elena tried to break it with her feet but was also unsuccessful as the fire grew stronger.

****************

Michelle sat there with her eyes closed, Layla held onto Klaus' hand tightly. She wanted the results now she couldn't wait any longer. Michelle's eyes opened, she looked at Klaus than to Layla.

Michelle sighed, "I contacted her."

"And?" Klaus asked, just as anxious as Layla.

"Look," Michelle sighed, "The original witch placed the curse so you would be punished Klaus."

"And?" Klaus asked.

Michelle sighed, "In order for you to break the curse, you need to die Klaus."

Layla's hand dropped from Klaus'. She couldn't let this happen.

Klaus sighed, "Of course."

"The original witch said, it will show how much you love her, you would sacrifice your life for her."

Layla could feel tear brimming her eyes, nothing in her life went right. Klaus got up angered, "Anything else?"

Michelle shook her head, "Sorry Klaus."

Layla got up and walked out of the house. Klaus looked at her, his heart aching. He had a chance to save her but would never be able to be with her.

**********************

"I found a spell that can block whatever magic is helping Vicki," Bonnie said to Matt. She was frantically trying to stop this.

"What do I do?" Matt asked quickly.

"Give me your hand," Bonnie commanded. She cut into his hand with a blade.

Elena was still in the car, breathing became difficult for her. She turned her head to see Stefan. She called out for him and he woke up. Elena was about to collapse but Stefan broke the trunk with his feet.

Bonnie began to chant the spell, quickly, her words running together.

Elena joined Stefan and tried to get out. Vicki frantically tried to grab ahold of her but can't. Vicki became angry and appeared in front of Matt and Bonnie.

"What is she doing?" Vicki asked.

"Fixing my mistake," Matt told her.

"Make her stop," Vicki said cooly.

"Bonnie..."

"The spell is working, Matt. She's still here because of you," Bonnie said. She continued to cast the spell as Matt looked at his little sister, grief on his face.

"Matt, please," she begged.

"I can't let you hurt anyone, Vicki."

"I won't. I'll stop. Just, please, don't make me go," she cried.

"I have to. This is wrong." Matt said, "You shouldn't be here."

"I'm sorry. I just didn't want to be alone anymore," Vicki cried.

Matt shook his head, "Neither did I. But I have to let you go."

Bonnie continued to cast the spell, "Goodbye, Vick," Matt whispered, making her disappear.

"She's gone," Matt said.

Alaric helped Elena out of the car, "Hurry up before it blows!"

"Wait! Wait, wait, wait!" Elena yelled. She grabbed Stefan and Alaric helped her get him out. They rushed away from the car before it explodes in a ball of flames.

****************

Layla didn't speak the whole way home, Klaus knew she was upset, he was upset himself. The Original Witch has been screwing with him his whole entire life, he was tired of it. He just wanted to be with Layla, no one else.

Klaus pulled in front of Layla's house. She didn't get out right away, she just stared blankly. "Come on it's late,we better get you inside," Klaus told her.

Layla gave him a slight smile before breaking down, she didn't want him to die, but she didn't want to die either.

"Hey, hey, hey," Klaus told her, cupping her face in his hands. He wiped away a tear, "We will figure away out of this okay?"

Layla nodded, Klaus kissed her forehead lightly, "Don't waste your time on me, you're already the voice inside my head."

"Come inside with me, I don't want to be alone," Layla whispered.

Klaus nodded, "Come on, it's been a long day." He picked her up bridal style and carried her into her room. She was getting her sobs under control, but they were still visible.

Klaus gently laid her on her bed, she moved over, so he could lay, "Please," she asked.

Klaus couldn't say no to her, he laid down beside her, his body all ready knowing what to do. He opened his arms and she laid her head on his chest. Klaus stroked her hair, "It will be alright love, no one will be dying."

*****************

So how to break the curse has been revealed, what do you think?
Next up is why it was placed in the first place.

Comment vote
-Floyd

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 4.4K 19
Klaus is on a mission to break his curse while there are others, including his own family, who are trying to stop him and save the doppelganger. What...
28.1K 596 31
When Leah Black moves to the new mysterious town of Mystic Falls, she finds her self intertwined with the supernatural world. This leads her to meet...
402 3 17
A couple years after Klaus Mikaelson became a hybrid, he fled to New Orleans with his family. Now in Mystic Falls 18 year old Emily Grayson moves to...
34.5K 821 33
This is the third part of the Salvatore Girl series. "In my time of dying, want nobody to mourn." After leaving New Orleans heartbroken, after findi...