Infatuation // Harry Styles

By juliaxwrites

in·fat·u·a·tion noun an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something. in which two... More

Intro.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
BONUS CHAPTER
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Thank You.
"Captive" Posted!

Chapter 33

38.2K 1.5K 360
By juliaxwrites

♡ chapter 33 ♡

        There's a quiet knock at my bedroom door early that Saturday morning. It took a moment for my brain to process that I wasn't dreaming before I groaned, rubbing my eyes and tossing the covers away. Sluggishly, I walked over to the door before opening.

        Jeremy stood with a smirk on his lips and his arms folded behind his back.

        Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair before slumping against the door frame, peeking over my shoulder at the clock. The time made me groan louder. "Jeremy, it's eight in the morning on a Saturday."

        "Also, the perfect time to get to that stupid bridal shop before it's packed," he noted, walking into my room.

        I merely switched shoulders, leaning my head on the frame and closing my eyes. "But I just wanna sleep in for a little longer. Please?"

        Hearing the sound of one of my drawers opening, I was alert only to find Jeremy skimming through my clothes. He was muttering things like "too spring" or "too preppy" as he tossed clothes behind him.

        Scoffing, I snapped, "You're picking all of that up!"

        Jeremy held up a sweater and scrunched his nose. "Too winter, I mean, really?"

        I snatched it from it. "It is winter, moron."

        "Maybe in normal places," he said. "Here in Florida it's still eighty-five, so get yourself all cute-looking so we can get this over with."

        Slapping a hand to my forehead, he pat my on the shoulder before stalking out of the room, closing the door behind him. Glancing at the closed door, I smiled a little to myself before scurrying quietly back over to my bed, climbing under the covers and pulling them over my head.

        I was just getting comfortable when Jeremy snatched the covers down. "Nice try, Walker. Don't make me get a glass of ice water."

        That was enough for me to rummage for an outfit before scampering to the shower.

***

        "Not that I don't enjoy your sadistic company," I said while scanning the racks, "but why were you even at my house so early?"

        Jeremy made a face, scratching the back of his neck. "Dad stayed the night. Made me stay the night in the guest room. Said it would help us 'adapt to our new family' and there I was."

        It was my turn to crinkle my nose. "They're taking this really seriously, huh?"

        "Eh, I'm just glad you're not a total loser of a sister."

        I gave him a look and he smiled before looking to his phone. I peeked over his shoulder to see it was a text from my mom, telling him that the wedding was being held at a beach house and that the bridesmaid were asked to where a baby blue color. I smiled a little to myself, blue being my favorite color. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all.

        So I fished around for dress after dress while Jeremy continued to ask questions. "I thought Harry was going to come so I didn't have to be the only guy in a dress store."

        "He had some..." I frowned. "Family stuff going on."

        Fiona had told him that since he had me over without her "permission," he was technically on some sort of probation where he couldn't leave the house for a few days or so. He explained it all, but it was so stupid it was hard to remember.

        "I don't have to buy you lunch, do I?" he teased.

        "You woke me up at eight in the morning on a Saturday, so yes, yes you do."

        "Fine, seems reasonable enough."

      I ended up settling on a simple floor-length baby blue dress that looped around my neck. Jeremy said it was nice and didn't show off too much, which I found kind of adorable considering he sounded like a protective brother. Of course, he lightly punched me in the arm for teasing him.

        Picking a tux was easy for Jeremy since he left it up to me, saying he didn't care and wasn't into formal wear anyways. So I got him a simple black one with a white button-down to go beneath the blazer and a blue tie to match the bridesmaid's dresses, since he would be the best man, after all.

       Then it was time for lunch and the grin on my face was out of pure excitement from my starvation and three hours of shopping and trying on dress after dress, then repeating the same with Jeremy and his tux.

        "So, any place in mind?" I asked as he pulled to a stop light.

    Jeremy hummed. "Chinese is good, but it doesn't settle well if you know what I mean. Considering I'm paying for the both of us, anywhere cheap is preferable. Being a buss boy only gets your so much cash, you know."

        "Okay, um... There's a hole-in-the-wall pizza place down Tennessee Street, and it's good but also cheap," I offered.

        "Do they have wings?"

        "Yup."

        "Done deal."

         So the next thirty minutes is spent chowing down more than enough food and Jeremy cracking jokes between bites. I nearly spewed my water from something so ridiculous I don't even remember what it was. But over the small amount of time, I actually found myself growing excited to be "related" to him. 

        Jeremy tripped on the rug on the way out, trying his best not to swear but I think I even learned more curse words from that moment. There's few times I've laughed that hard in my life, and that was definitely one I wouldn't forget. Our first "bonding" moment as brother and sister.

***

        I opened my locker that Monday morning to find an envelope. Furrowing my eyebrows, I picked it up and tore it open, pulling out the folded piece of paper. It had no mention of who it was for or who it was from, but what I found gave away enough.

        A cartoon drawing of me with little clothing, multiple boys seeming to be throwing up around me, and the rest of the school portrayed in many faces laughing in the background.        

        I stared at it for a long while. Clearly the pranks and cynical comments weren't over with. But why did this bother me so much? From a wannabe artist's point of view, the lack of detail was almost comical. But nothing about this made me laugh.

        Hearing a few snickers in front of me, I looked up to see a jock I didn't even know with his circle of friends. They whispered to each other before the supposed leader laughed aloud and said, "So is it accurate or is it accurate?" in attempt to be humorous.

        My hand balled up the piece of paper just as another shock flew my way. Chase walked by me and pushed the jock by his shoulders into the nearby lockers. He said something incoherent from my distance, but he looked angry enough. I gaped at him, unsure of what else to do.

        He glanced over his shoulder at me before rounding a corner and disappearing.

        The jock grunted, straightening out his football jersey just as I felt a hand on the small of my back. I jumped, startled out of my haze about Chase seeming to be working for my forgiveness.

        Harry's voice calmed me. "Sorry, babe. Is everything okay?"

        Sighing, I quickly shoved the paper in my back pocket so Harry wouldn't worry himself over something as silly as that. I ran a hand through my hair and smiled. "Yeah, I'm fine."

        He rose an eyebrow. "So Ethan over there is glaring at you for no reason?"

        I shrugged. "What are you gonna do, right?"

        He stared at me for a long moment, not buying my fib, and I could've cheered out of relief when Ivette, Brady, and Jacob walked up.

        "This kid is a prank prodigy," said Jacob with wide eyes and a big grin.

        Brady smirked slyly, shrugging his shoulders indifferently.

        Ivette laughed. "Mike's face was priceless when he opened his locker."

        "What happened?" I asked, still trying to avoid Harry's curious gaze.

        Jacob chuckled before saying, "Brady here knows Mike's combination, so Friday afternoon when he left, he snuck in the hallway, opened it up and filled it with plastic balls. Like the ones for ball pits."

        "But," intervened Ivette, "he also put plastic wrap so the balls didn't go anywhere and Mike opened it up looking so confused. So he tore the plastic wrap down only for the balls to go everywhere and-"

        "And find a villain mask afterwards," Jacob finished and they both busted into laughter again. In between breaths, he said, "He screamed... like... like a girl. And like... the high-pitched laugh from horror movies."

        I laughed. "So, is the prank war going to end soon?"

        Brady shrugged again. "Maybe. He still hasn't apologized to Ivette, so maybe not."

        "Devious."

        "I try."

        Estella came up then. "Well, prank war or not, I'm just glad we only have three days of school this week. Then I get to run-off my diet for an entire day all for turkey and sweets."

        Before anyone could answer, the intercom beeped and everyone in the corridor fell silent. "Brady Wilson, please come to the front office. Brady Wilson, front office."

        Brady saluted us. "That's my cue."

        We all wished him good luck before the bell rang.

        Harry pulled me aside as I closed my locker. "I don't mean to pry, really, but are you sure you're okay?"

        I gave him a look. "I'm fine, I promise. Have I ever lied before?"

        It was his turn to give me a look.

        Holding my hands up, I assured him, "I'm telling the truth this time. I'm fine, okay? And I'll be even better when the break starts." 

        He still gave me an odd look, so I pecked his lips before bidding goodbye and scurrying to my first class.

-

-

A/N: Kind of a filler, but I wanted a chapter to show Jeremy & Grace's blooming friendship, hehe. Anyways, school starts again tomorrow *le cry*... Praying for all you souls who have started back! Love you all (: xx 

*VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.* 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

501 24 1
❝Firsts aren't meant to be lasts.❞ A sexual experiment transmutes into infatuation.
1.1M 15.2K 200
In which Harry is Selena's secret, and the public watches as they slowly fall in love which often leads to heartbreak. Instagram Story ✨
4K 243 14
"Infatuation"-An intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something.
5 1 12
This story about the confusion of love and infatuations. The struggles due to possessiveness. And the pain of true love.