Lost in space: Journey to Alp...

By Penny_Robinson_Lis

A alternative ending from season 2 onwards. If you haven't already watched Lost in Space, do so now, This bo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Authors Note

Chapter 6

352 9 2
By Penny_Robinson_Lis

"Robinsons? You called for me?" Hastings said questioningly.

"As much as I hate you and feel like really hurting you, I respect your knowledge. The well work is on a hold for now, they're going to try and find the part of the resolute that the water was in, it was made to not break let's test that." John told him, he offered him a seat at the table. Hastings sat down, John followed. 

"Debbie, get off my foot!" Maureen walked in with her lucky whiteboard. When Debbie ceased to stop she chuckled. "Don! Your chicken's not leaving me alone! Get your lazy ass over here, it's 10am already." Maureen screamed.

"Maureen." Hastings accepted her presence. Maureen walked towards a seat at the table. she put her hands on the chair and placed the whiteboard on the table.

"This is the universe we're in, you don't need me to find knowledge about this." Hastings stated, unsure about where this was going.

"HEY!! I'm well awake now! Thank you very much! Now I'm just going to sit down. Hastings?" Don said barging into the room, then stopped at Hastings.

"Ok, I'm going to continue now! Don foods over there. Hastings, each planet has a trench. But again, you don't know anything about that, but you do know about the beginning of this mission. I want to know what happened on earth." Maureen stated, she figured that the best place to start is the very beginning, why were the robots even on earth? How did they come to control one?

"When I tell you this there's no coming back, you won't just learn about the robots, you'll learn about the discovery of Alpha Centauri." Hastings warned. "Of course you Robinsons want to know. I can't say it in front of West though." Hastings added. Don took his food and sat down at the table. Maureen gave John a face, telling him to shut up and let Don answer this, she smiled. John chuckled on the inside.

"Son of a F*- , Ok, stop there excuse me! I have been been manipulated by Dr.Smith, been in a storm which nearly took my life. I have been in a failed rocket launch and stuck in space for hours, I got stuck on that methane water planet for 7 MONTHS! 7 MONTHS! I was stuck with the Robinsons for half a year, all while you were with the colony, safe and sound! You couldn't even trap that robot that you took control of! WE DID! And you nearly took my life! Don't think I can forget that! SO no I'm not  going to go!" Maureen and John stayed quiet.

"He's one of us now, he stays." John said.

"Ok West stays, this is  why Adler died too, compassion! Science and compassion never mixes. So what do you want to know!" Hastings mumbled the first part as Don took a seat opposite of John.

"Everything..."

------------------------------------ 

Aiden ran after Judy.

"Judy you called for me?" Aiden asked.

"Make sure no one leaves the ship, You and Vijay have to stay on the ship. Me, Ruby, Penny and Lenny are going to see the situation. Oh and garage is out of bounds, only Will and Vijay is permitted. I really don't have time to explain." Judy informed Aiden.

Penny, Lenny and Ruby stood walked next to Judy, Penny was anxious about what she was going to find.

------------------------------------ 

"My mum signed us up to travel to a different planet...forever." Penny gulped and was not looking forward to her friends reaction.

"A different planet? Penny, I know that it's  far beyond your decision but you've been our friend for 5 years and it's all gone?" A blonde girl on her right said. Penny knew this was coming.

"You think I wanted this? You don't see this do you? Look around, see the smoke! I don't just mean that figuratively, I mean that literally. Ashley, remember how I was when my dad left us? He's back, my parents are trying again!" Penny started tearing."I'm not asking for permission just acceptance, if you don't want to be my friend, then say it! Two months tomorrow I leave. I'm scared. The world is quiet here-" Penny started.

"lemony Snicket, a series of unfortunate events. " Ashley finished for her, sighing.

"Yea, that's how I feel  about space it's empty, but Alpha Centauri has basically everything, 3 month journey to a so called "heaven". My mum has been on this project for 2 years! Grant Kelly, Judy's father got lost 20 years ago for this. I don't wanna go in fear of the loneliness, but I have to! All I'm asking is for you to still be my friends, until I leave."

"Ok, you've been my friend for 7 years. 2 months is enough to give you a proper leave. You go be the first author in space! Aim high, don't forget us though! We love you!" A brunette said opposite Penny.

"Love you too!" Penny said. "Group hug?"

"Come on." Ashley dragged Penny into a hug with everyone, the 7 of them embraced each other.

"I'm really going to miss you guys!" Penny cried.

"Forget that, is there any boys in space?" The blonde said cheekily.

"Haha"Penny said sarcastically."Sure." Se rolled her eyes

"Your life is going to be so different, good luck! Also Judy's here." Another brunette said. Life was simple back then.

Penny headed to Judy. ""Come on, we're going home."

"Hey, you told them? How'd it go?" Judy asked gently.

"How'd you think they took it! I don't really have a choice." Penny said with snark in her voice. "Why do we have to go anyway." Penny mumbled.

"Penny, it's going to be ok. You didn't tell them you were opposed to it. Did you?" Judy was sympathetic to Penny, her friends were there when her father left and they've had her back since.

Penny looked down and started kicking a rock. "No, it's just going to make them accept it less. You forgave dad yet?"

"I don't know. No. Maybe, he came up to me." Judy rambled.

"Judy, we're going in 2 months, try."

-------------------------------------------------- 

"Do you remember this?" Will said holding up the baseball. 

"Yes, Will Robinson." The robot boomed.

"Here,  catch." Will threw the ball at the robot. He caught it.

Suddenly, Will heard knocking. He went over to  Dr.Smiths small room and unmuted it.

"Just because I'm willing to hear you doesn't mean I'm going to fall into your trap again. What do you want?" Will said sternly, he had an annoyed look on his face. The robot was a bit on edge as he stood in a straight firm position and his face was glowing slightly less.

"Just to talk!" Dr.Smith said slyly. "Why do you do it? Harbor all this power just to play catch."

"Because I'm a good person, he is not made to be controlled, he has his own feelings. Friendship isn't a one-way street, and me and the robot are friends." Will answered truthfully.

"Friends, Will Robinson." The robot repeated.

Will went to the robot, little did he know someone was coming down the staircase the minute he said that.

"Yea we're friends!" Will said.

"Friendship isn't a one way street..."Vijay  walked down to a few boxes on the left.

"Vijay?" Will asked.

"Will, I came down to get a few extra blankets. Judy, Penny, Ruby and Lenny went to the Fortuna to set out plans."

"Oh ok, hold on I don't think we should talk in front of her." Will informed him.

"Oh right." Vijay said. He headed to where she was. "You can try all you want but you're not getting out of there." He then muted her and made sure she couldn't hear them. "Can you tell me something?"

"Sure." Will responded.

"Has Penny ever lost anyone?" Will chuckled.

"Heard about you two, if you look in my bag there's a book called Lost In Space. You might like it. Just one thing, My dad would usually do this at least Jake got it, don't hurt her. Also if her snark turns bitter, she's sad."  Will told him, he continued with his game.

"Not trying to pester you, but can you tell me about the robot, he was a secret? then a weapon?" Vijay asked, it had all been low key and nothing really made sense. All Vijay knew were  the bits and pieces that had been consulted with him.

"Read the book and I'm pretty sure you'll understand the beginning and Penny'll tell you the rest, or Judy because it's quite long-" Will told him, Vijay then went back up to help others and put the book in his bag. 

"Vijay Dhar, Friends?" The robot asked.

"Yes, haha, everyone on board is your friend." Will chuckled, he missed the robot.

I don't fear the unknown. I fear that what I do know is all that's left (Stephen C. Hogan).

This was relatable to them on many levels, to everyone. 

I would like to tell you that there's not that much left for Judy to find out, that Maureen wasn't going to make a dangerous discovery  or that there was bigger unknowns left, but that would be incorrect. 

-------------------------------------------------

AN: I hope you enjoy this chapter, I think I'll be updating every Monday and Thursday however I might update 3 times a week if your lucky. Please do Vote, Comment and Read. I'm so excited!!!! Season 3 is beginning to be filmed, Mina sundwall (Penny) posted a picture of her on a plane to the filming area. Aaaaah!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336 44 16
A homeless man discovers a mysterious box which transports him back to his childhood. On each side of the box, both inside and out, a new world revea...
1.4K 38 33
This story is "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" meets "The Book Of Eli".It is a game changing concept for the cataclysm and dystopian genera. Everyone expec...
26.6K 631 47
𝘿𝙤𝙣 𝙒𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝗑 𝙔/𝙉 𝙅𝙞𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙖-𝙍𝙤𝙗𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙤𝙣 ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ ______________ 𝘠/𝘕 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳...
2.3K 37 19
A lone robot and a stowaway human. In space. This cannot end well... can it? also on AO3