lie again || hoshi ff

By httpseudonym

"if there is nothing more painful than a painful love.. then go back before even more painful memories remain... More

introduction
1: going home
2: catching up
3: unexpected sleepover
4: celeb 5 is back
5: lotte world
6: secret's out
7: lost hope
8: mingyu knows
9: jeju-do
10: rumors
12: guess who's jealous
13: tired
14: coming home
15: planning
16: TTT (day 1)
17: TTT (day 2)
18: TTT (day 3)
19: bright after rain
20: getting used to
21: the beginning of an end
22: the morning after
23: it's okay not to be okay
24: slowly but surely
25: getting by
26: 3rd wheel
27: what now?
28: you don't need to fight on your own
29: let's tell your appa
ending scene

11: what did he do

309 12 1
By httpseudonym

it's been quite awhile since the "rumors" began. and after a month, the rumors began to subside.

and one more thing, it's been awhile since celeb 5 been together. Aera and Jieun haven't really kept in touch since the incident. while Cheol, Hoshi, and Mingyu were busy with their schedules.

one afternoon, Jieun called you.

(on the phone)
: yeoboseo?

Jieun: Aera-ah... are you still mad at me?

: not anymore. /you giggled, why unnie? you missed me?

Jieun: pabo... of course i did!

: you can swing by my place anytime you want.

Jieun: i heard that Hoshi and the others are about to end their promotions?

: oh really? i actually haven't kept in touch with them. well... at least some of them. /you chuckled

Jieun: what do you mean by that? /she chuckled, anyway i'll call Hoshi some other time and ask when they're free so we can all hangout.

: unnie... it's funny how we call them by their stage names now.. /you laguhed

Jieun: now that you've mentioned it.. i didn't even noticed. /she chuckled, by the way, i saw the rumors.. i've been trying to contact you but you don't text back nor pick up my calls.. aish this kid. tsss. 

: /you laughed, been busy unnie. mianhe~ come by some other time, we have a lot of catching up to do!

Jieun: you owe me some stories! i heard from Mingyu that you've already seen the rest of Seventeen?

: and that's why we should hang soon! so i can tell you about it. /you chuckled

Jieun: arasso~ anyway, i have to go! if ever i get a hold of Kim Min Gyu i'll call you.

: arasso. bye~

when the call ended, Woozi was suddenly calling you.

(on the phone)
Woozi: Aera?

: this is unexpected.. /you chuckled, what's up?

Woozi: nothing really.. was just calling to check up on you.

: check up on me? what does that even mean Uji-ah.

Woozi seemed flustered by your response. and for some reason, you heard someone laughing.

: is this some kind of prank? /you giggled

Woozi: what? of course not.

: just so you know, this is quite unusual.. and i can hear someone laughing at the back.

Woozi: i told you she'd notice!

you heard over the phone that they all burst out laughing.

: and i think DK oppa was the one laughing...

Woozi: yah! Seokmin-ah! it's because of your laugh that i got caught!

DK: /you can hear from a distance, hyung mianhe! it's because of Jun-ie hyung!

Jun: yah! /he shouted, i didn't even do anything!

Joshua: stop arguing.

: who's scolding who? /you laughed

Woozi: /he chuckled, by the way Aera-ah just so you know, you're on speaker. 

: you should've told me! anyway, annyeong yeorobun~

Jeonghan: Aera! why haven't you contacted any of us..

The 8: we should dance together!

Dino: LEE AERA! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

: did Dino just yell at me? /you laughed, mianhe~ i know you just had your comeback, and ya'll might be busy. i just didn't want to distract or bother any of you.. and tell Myungho oppa next time! i promise. /you chuckled

Wonwoo: bother? who? us?

Dino: yah! Lee Aera-ssi. i know you hang out with some of us. 

: /you laughed, oh no... you caught me. but it's not what it looks like. i swear Chan-ah. /you chuckled

Jun: why would you even think that Aera-ssi..

: i mean don't get me wrong! i was supposed to contact Cheol oppa and ask when are you all free.

Vernon: really?

: of course. /you giggled

Hoshi: you should come see us sometime.

when you heard his voice, you feel as if your heart was crushing.. you can't help but remember that time when you saw him on a date with someone.. i feel like a part of me was broken. 

: ah... /you hesitated, yeah i should.. /you laughed awkwardly

Joshua: we should go eat dinner sometime! you turned us down the last time.. 

: /you laughed, mianhe~ i won't turn down the offer next time Shua oppa. i swear.

Mingyu: Lee Aera-ssi, please come visit us some time!

Cheol: sorry for calling you out of nowhere Aera-ah. we were just playing and someone suggested that whoever's the loser, has to call you.

: it's okay oppa. /you laughed, call me whenever you guys are free~ we should hang out with unnie.

Woozi: Aera, sorry for calling you out of the blue. anyway, we have to go now. choreographer hyung is calling us. i'll text you when we're done.

: arraso~ /you then hang up

(on the next day)
you went to the mall to go grocery shopping. but before you do, you were looking for some new clothes to buy. as you were going through a pile of clothes, Jieun texted you that she and Mingyu were heading to your house. as you walk out of the store, you passed through an arcade and to your surprise, you saw Mingyu and Jieun. so you texted Mingyu.

"look at those two having a lovely date. i should really go and do some grocery shopping and head home before they arrive first.", you thought.

(Mingyu on a date with Jieun)

"aish. where's Lee Aera? how did she even took a photo of us...", Mingyu thought. 

Jieun: remember when we used to play head here after classes just to play in the arcade?

Mingyu: Cheol hyung and Aera would always head towards the dance dance revolution game? and she would force you to join. /you both laughed

Jieun: although i'm not a good dancer as you guys and Aera, i enjoy playing it with her. remember when Hoshi and Coups oppa would always play against each other on tekken?

Mingyu: i'm still not used to hearing you call hyung as "Coups oppa" and Soonyoung hyung as Hoshi. /he chuckled,  and the loser gets to pay for food later.

as Mingyu and Jieun were about to head out the arcade, Mingyu asked Jieun something.

Mingyu: noona..

Jieun: yes?

Mingyu: mind me asking... but, do you have someone?

Jieun: and you mean by "someone" is do i have a boyfriend? /she laughed, the answer to your question is no. but there is this guy i like. why Gyu?

Mingyu felt as if someone stabbed him in the heart..

Mingyu: was just curious noona.

(back to Aera)
as you were heading to the parking lot, someone scared the sht out of you, making you fall.

Woozi: /he jumped out of nowhere, LEE AERA-SSI!

: what the f- /you tripped, then fall.

Woozi: /he panicked, OH SHIT I'M SO SORRY AERA...
/offered his hand

: Jihoon? tf are you even doing? you scared the shit out of me.. ㅠ_ㅠ

Woozi: i was headed towards your place but decided to stop by here, then i saw you walking here so i decided to scare you.. i didn't know you'd react that way.. i really am sorry..

as you were about to stand, your right ankle started to hurt. Woozi saw that you were in pain.

Woozi: i think you tripped..

: /you laughed, you think so? /you said sarcastically

Woozi: Aera-ah.. i really am sorry.. let me drive you home. let's buy some ice and put it in your ankle when we get home to reduce the swelling.

he had this worried face.

: i'm fine. /you laughed, really i am. /you smiled

Woozi: let me help you with your groceries wait. tell me where your car is. you wait here and i'll go get the car.

you gave him your keys, then pointed where your car is. when he arrived, Woozi hurriedly went out of the car and head towards you.

Woozi: i think i should lift you.

: @.@ ???

Woozi: what's with your face...

: i can walk you know? /you laughed, don't worry about me. can you just put the groceries at the back?

Woozi: of course.

as you were both headed home, Woozi parked your car down at the basement and went up.

: please come in.

Woozi: you should really sit down. do you mind if i go through your refrigerator?

: make yourself at home~

Woozi: i'll go get some ice. do you have some cloth? or maybe a shirt? or some ice pack?

: i have some ice pack. it's down on the left.

Woozi: okay here. /he put the ice pack on your ankle, if this doesn't heal i should take you to the hospital.

: you're overreacting. /you laughed, i won't die.

Woozi: i know... but it's my fault that you tripped.

: it's fine really-

as you two were chatting, you noticed Hoshi standing by the door.

: hey... i didn't noticed that you were here already..

Hoshi: yeah.. sorry i just went in.

: no it's fine. anyway, where are the others?

Hoshi: on their way here. also, surprised to see Woozi here.. and putting some ice pack on you? what happened?

Woozi: hey. long story short, i scared Aera which made her trip..

Hoshi has this worried look on his face. he was just about to approach Aera when all of a sudden the doorbell rang.

: Soonyoung, do you mind getting the door?

Hoshi headed towards the door.

Hoshi: why would you even press the doorbell when you know the password. /glaring at Mingyu, Jieun-ah. /he smiled

Mingyu: wow. after glaring like that you just smiled to noona as if nothing happened. /he sobbed like a child, anyway, just wanted to. merong~

Jieun: annyeong Hoshi-ah! stupid of him right? /she rolled her eyes

as they were going inside Aera's apartment, they saw Woozi with Aera.

Mingyu: hyung! why are you here?

Woozi: long story.

Jieun: "hyung"?

Hoshi: ah, right. Woozi, this is Jieun. Jieun, this is Woozi.

Jieun: hey nice to meet you. /she smiled

Woozi: hello. /he smiled, nice to meet you too.

Mingyu: Lee Aera-ssi, what happened to you?

: someone scared the shit out of me and made me trip. /glaring at Woozi

Mingyu: /laughing, pabo.

: yah! did you just call me stupid?

Mingyu: pabo...

Jieun: yah! stop pestering her Mingyu. Aera, are you fine?

: yeah i'm fine. look, i can stand. /you stood up from your place

Woozi: good thing it wasn't that serious.. again, i'm sorry..

: Jihoon, how many times are you gonna apologize? /you laughed

Woozi: anyway, i'll be heading out. it looks like you have a party between you guys.

Jieun: you should stay!

Mingyu: and i heard that Coups hyung would bring the others.

: bring where? here? we won't fit here. there's 13 of you then there's unnie and me. 15 people can't fit here.

Hoshi: you're right.. maybe we should eat out? Jieun, is that fine with you?

Jieun: yeah it's fine. at last. i'm finally meeting the rest of Seventeen~

Mingyu: Aera, can you walk though?

: yup. let me just change clothes then let's head out.

Mingyu: okay. let me call hyung.

Mingyu offered to drive, so you handed him your keys. Jieun was beside Mingyu in front, while you're in between Hoshi and Woozi.

for some reason, you noticed how Hoshi kept on looking at you. and whenever you turn your head towards his way, he seemed to avoid your gaze. Mingyu noticed it too. soon enough you arrived at a bbq place.

Mingyu: i'll just park the car. you could get inside now, hyung and the others are there.

: unnie, you could go in now. i'll wait for Gyu. and Soonyoung's with you. it won't be awkward.

Jieun: arasso. gaja.

after awhile, you saw Mingyu walking from a distance. he noticed that you were waiting for him so he ran towards you.

Mingyu: good thing you were waiting for me. i was about to ask you if you noticed Hoshi hyung glancing at you?

: i was about to tell you that. weird..

Mingyu: i think it's about that time when we caught him having a-

before Mingyu could finish his sentence, Aera stopped him.

: yeah.. let's not talk about that. /you smiled, anyway let's go inside. they're waiting.

as you and Mingyu were about to go inside, you spot Hoshi from a distance.

Mingyu: can't believe that even if it's a weekday, there's quite a lot of people.

: by the way, won't it cause a scene that "Seventeen" is here?

Mingyu: Manager hyung actually rented a private room for us. so don't worry.

: oh okay okay.

Mingyu opened the door, and you saw them drinking already. Joshua approached you.

Joshua: Aera!

: oppa!

Jeonghan: we haven't seen you in awhile.. /he pouted

: /you chuckled, mianhe oppa. was just busy.

DK: Aera!!! you can seat here beside me~

: arasso~

Dino: My girl crush is here!

: did i hear Chan right? "my girl crush"? /your comment made everyone laugh, in that case, my boy crush is here!

they all laughed at how well you and Dino are compatible with each other.

as you were all just chatting and having a few drinks you saw how some of them are tipsy now. but what caught your attention was Hoshi's stare. you were about to go next to him but suddenly Woozi called you.

Woozi: Aera-ah.

: Uji? /you smiled

Woozi: wanna go outside for awhile?

: sure. /you smiled

when you were leaving the room, you can feel the weight of Hoshi's stare.

: what's up?

Woozi: nothing really. was getting so stuffy inside.

: /you both laughed, same.

as you two were chatting, you rubbed your hands together.

Woozi: your hands cold?

: /you chuckled, a little.

Woozi: come here. /he rubbed his hands against yours

while that was happening, Hoshi was suddenly behind you and Woozi.

Woozi: yow Hoshi. what's up?

Hoshi: mind me taking Aera for awhile? /he smiled

Woozi: no, go ahead. i was just about to go inside. Aera, i'll just go inside okay?

: sure. /you smiled at Woozi, i'll go inside in awhile. 

as Woozi left, Hoshi wasn't even budging. so you initiated the conversation first.

: so... you want to talk about something?

Hoshi: nothing really.. was wondering why you keep on avoiding me..

"oh shit- was i that obvious?", you thought.

: what do you even mean by that? of course i wasn't. /you laughed awkwardly

Hoshi: i know you're avoiding me. i just don't know why...

: you really don't know huh?

you turned around, and were about to head inside. but before you could even turn away, Hoshi suddenly hugged you.

you couldn't process what just happened. you just stood still.

Hoshi: please don't leave..

his words shocked you. am i supposed to be happy? but he was just on a date with someone else the other time... what does he even mean by that? 

: /you stepped away from him, you seriously confuse the fuck out of me you know? i thought you were dating someone?

Hoshi: i mean.. it's not what it looks like.. but—

: and now here you are hugging me all of a sudden and on top of that, asking me not to leave?

before Hoshi could reply, you grabbed his arms that were wrapped around you waist and walked out.

Hoshi: Aera!

you could hear Hoshi calling you from a distance, but you just kept on walking. tears suddenly starts to fall.

: stupid Soonyoung trying to make things even more difficult.. /you mumbled

as you were walking, someone tapped your shoulder. at first you thought it was Hoshi.

: /you turned around, just let me be..

you thought it was Soonyoung. but it turns out, it was Mingyu.

Mingyu: Aera?

as soon as you saw Mingyu, you wiped away your tears. as soon as Mingyu saw how red your eyes were, he suddenly felt angry.

Mingyu: why are you crying?

"my lips- they just wouldn't open for some reason."

Mingyu: Aera. who made you cry?

: this is nothing. /you were wiping your tears

Mingyu suddenly shouted. which surprised you. you know that he was serious. he wasn't the type of person to shout like that.

Mingyu: i'm asking you who did that to you.

: Soonyoung..

as Mingyu heard how your voice cracked while mentioning his name, he felt angered. as soon as you mentioned his name, you couldn't help but cry.. you burst into tears.

Mingyu: come here.. /he opened his arms

: /you leaned in for a hug, he just suddenly hugged me.. i'm so confused Gyu.. i thought he has a girlfriend? why is he making things more complicated than it is?

Mingyu: /his eyes widened, really? shhh don't talk. /he pat you at the back

and that's how you ended your night. along with the pain, you cried your heart out to Mingyu.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 1K 32
3 MOST PAINFUL THINGS - Trying to hide what you really feel. - Loving someone who loves another. - And taking risk to fall in love again. Skz + TxT f...
17.6K 1K 10
they say time is medicine, but for jihoon, it was pain. ♫ 몰래 듣지 마요 - Seventeen alt title: i'm still waiting for you ✓ 181227 | #1 of boys be
295 32 13
"Is it worth feeling alive for just that moment when afterwards you're still suffering?" [Taehyung × mc]
19.3K 895 61
"Some say it's painful to wait for someone. Some say it's painful to forget someone. But the worst pain comes when you don't know whether to wait or...