The Joy of Agony | Loki

By marvel-ous

"People like him don't change. He is the god of mischief, after all." Bruce Banner has a niece; Eryn Banner... More

Odin's Punishment.
Meteor? Nah, its just Loki Skydiving.
Welcome Back to Earth. Not.
The Cute High Class Criminal.
His Crazy New Task.
Earthling, Everybody Knows Me.
Prisoner of Hope.
Nick's Fury.
Babysitting the God of Mischief
Don't Ever Play with the God of Mischief.
Heartfelt Sincerity.
Loki's Appointment.
Party Planning & Running with Scissors.
Loki's Favorite Brother is Back.
Macy's Blue Eyes.
Loki's Unknown Weakness.
A Sudden Downfall.
Hard Times Are Coming.
Nicknames, Fan-girls, and Shawarma...OH MY!
Keep Moving Forward.
How Mischievously Cute.
Avengers in Disney World (1)
Avengers in Disney World (2)
Date with a True Monster.
Only Human, Yet so Powerful.
The Solution is Gone.
Maybe, the Bad Guy is the Victim.
Sarah Knew It.
I Love You.
Oh, Shut Your Cliche Mouth.
The Other's Deception.
The God Who Cried Wolf.
Director Fury Knew All Along.
Disappointing Revelations.
Loki's Loyal Lawyer.
Prepping for the Party.
The Christmas Party.
An Apology and a Sucker Punch.
Loki's Heart Has Been Stolen.
Eryn's Doppelganger and Loki's past.
Going to Asgard.
Oh, the Joy of Asgard (1)
Oh, the Joy of Asgard (2)
Beginning of Something Worse.
A Broken Promise.
Eryn's Mischievous Lie.
There is Always Hope.
Home Sweet Home.
Slow Adjustments.
Best Friends for Life.
Because I Love Her.
I'm Still Here.
Babysitting with Loki.
Because I Love Him.
Ice-Skating & Magic Tricks.

The Great Escape.

110K 3.1K 2.3K
By marvel-ous

Agh, so I'm back in school now DX which means its back to updating every weekend or whenever I can. Sorry, it took long to update. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

A BIG THANKS TO DAISY (thekingd0m) for making me a lovely cover! it's to the side >>

This has been edited as of July 7, 2014.

**

            The next morning, Bruce had invited me to breakfast at his place along with the others. I had no clue whether Fury had told him or not, but was about to go find out. My stomach twisted and turned as I drove to his place. The guilt of me hiding secrets from my own uncle began to settle in. My head told me to confess, but my heart knew that he wouldn't understand.

           I was still going to help Loki escape. I was just going to have to take more precautions now. It was stupid of me to not think of the surveillance camera. I just hope they didn't hear our conversation. Parking in front of his house, I noticed that the others had already arrived.

           I didn't bother to knock before I entered. Instead, I just walked in since Bruce always left his house unlocked. Every time I'd question him for it, he'd just say that there was nothing worth stealing in his house. "I'm here!"

          "Oh, look! Eryn is finally here." Tony commented as all the others sat down in unison. I stopped at the only empty chair and just stood there, knowing what was to come. It was rare for all of them to be gathered together like this. Usually, Natasha and Clint are off on their missions, Steve is training, and Tony is working non-stop on his new inventions meanwhile Bruce and I act like the typical family (which we aren't, might I add). This can only mean one thing: they all knew. Oh, great

             "So...did any of you guys watch that baseball game last night?" I said.

           "There was a game?" Steve asked, puzzled. Tony gave him a slap to the head. There was no game last night whatsoever. Not that I knew of anyways. Bruce raised his eyebrow at me, expectantly. I sighed.

             "Okay, okay. I did sneak away to go see Loki, so what? I just wanted to meet him."

           "You broke my rules!" Bruce exclaimed. My eyes widened at his reaction. Never have I seen him this upset with me, nor has his voice been this loud towards me. This is the closest to angry he's ever been with me, and I was glad that the others were here or else he'd be angrier. Maybe, that's the reason why they're here. I froze, trying to figure out how exactly to explain the predicament I've found myself in. And sadly, this is all I came up with:

            "I-I'm sorry, okay? I couldn't help it. It's like telling a child not to take a cookie from the cookie jar."

               Tony snorted at my brilliant response. In my defense, I was at a loss of words. Here I was, being cornered by the Avengers (excluding Thor)! 

             "As much as I should be, I can't be mad at you Eryn. I never could. But I am disappointed that you did it behind my back, and that I had to find out by Fury himself. What happened to no secrets?"

           "I know," I sighed. No, you don't know, my conscience shot back at me. Fidgeting with my hands, I made eye contact with Bruce, preparing myself for what I was about to say next. "I shouldn't have kept it away from you. Since we are on the 'no secrets' term, I should inform you on what Loki told me."

         Everyone's eyes shot towards me. Pushing the guilt aside, I took a deep breath. "He's planning to escape."

                 Tony laughed, rolling his eyes at the idea of Loki escaping. "He couldn't, even if he tried."

              "He did it once, didn't he?" I pointed out. Tony's laughter came to a halt as he realized that I was right. Everyone did. And soon, I found myself spilling out lies and more lies. 

**

             After breakfast, I didn't go back to my apartment. I drove straight to the address I had gotten a hold of. S.H.I.E.L.D does not keep certain things private. Well, technically, I didn't ask for the information. I just hacked my way into it. I walked up the front steps of my destination and knocked on the door in a short rhythm. I wasn't expecting a woman who seemed a few years older than me to the answer the door. "Is Jared here?"

        "Yeah, uh, come in." The woman replied as she stepped aside and let me in. My eyes wandered about the house that was painted a light blue color. To my right, was a living room decorated with antiques and a shelve full of books. To my left, was a hall way that led you into the kitchen.  "Jared! Someone is here to see you!"

            Straight ahead, were wooden stairs. The woman turned to me. "I'm Joyce, Jared's sister. And you are?"

          "Oh. I'm Eryn. I work with your brother." I said as I laid out my hand for her to shake. She smiled at me as she did so.

           "Well, it's nice to meet one of his co-workers. I was beginning to think Jared's job was a whole lie. I mean, he barely tells me anything about it! So where do you-"

          Jared came running down the stairs, scolding his sister for her commentary and interrupting her with a look. Joyce smirked and with a roll of her eyes, she walked away. Jared led me to the living room. He narrowed his eyes at me. "How did you get my address?"

             "I have my ways." I grinned. After the words sunk in, I realized just how creepy that must have sounded. "In a non-stalkerish way of course!"

             "You don't have to stalk to me to get my attention," Jared nervously laughed. I laughed at his failed attempt of a cheesy line. Recovering from what he said, he let out a sigh. "So...what are you doing here?"

               "We need to talk about Loki."

                "Here?"

               "It's the only safe place."

            Jared nodded after a thoughtful pause. Glancing around the room, his gaze stopped at me and he motioned for me to follow him. I followed him down the hallway that led to the kitchen to walk down into yet another hallway before stopping at a window-like door. From the outside, I could see that it was a home office. Jared opened the door and I walked in, sitting in the desk chair.

             He shot me an amused look as he sat across from me.

       "Your office is actually kind of interesting. You don't really talk much about yourself, so I assumed it would be boring but- Hey! Is this a Gameboy? I haven't seen one of these in forever!" I exclaimed like a child, picking up the red Gameboy and turning it on.

           Jared laughed. "Sometimes, I question your age." He then took the Gameboy out of my grasp. "But we have serious matter to discuss. Director Fury knows that you snuck in to see Loki, but he's not as mad as I expected him to be. It seems to me that he got more answers with you than he did with Loki himself."

          "Well, that's because I lied." I informed Jared in a hushed whisper.

           "Ah, yes. But Fury doesn't know that."

         "Are you saying that you want me to lie to Director Fury- who is practically like the big boss of S.H.I.E.L.D?"

         "I'm not the one who promised a demi-god his freedom." Jared pointed out in a sing-song voice. I frowned. He was right. I got myself into this mess and I'm going to have to dig myself out of it, even if I don't have a shovel.

           "But that's not going to help me get away with seeing Loki when I need to."

           "Yes, it will. If Fury sees that Loki trusts you more than anyone else, he'd most definitely help you sneak off to go see the culprit himself. All you need to do is lie and act your way through it. Listen, I'm still kind of iffy about this whole situation but if you're going to do it, then you need to do it right.”

**

           A few weeks passed, each one going by fast. I've only seen Loki once since Fury had confronted me. That visit's purpose was to see what I could get out of Loki, and when it failed, Fury decided there was no longer a reason to have me visit him. Jared and I've been planning a way to get Loki out of the headquarters, but this was a big spy corporation we're talking about. It could take up to months to plan a succesful one, and Loki seemed to be growing impatient.

         The day we picked was the same day Clint, Natasha, and Steve had missions to attend to, taking a handful of agents for backup with them. Tony had invited Bruce over to STARK to check out some new equipment he created. Director Fury also had some business to attend to, so that left Maria Hill in charge which is just as bad because she's always on top of things too. The more I thought about it, the more I questioned what I was doing.

          My gaze was intently fixed onto one of the janitors. I watched him, waiting for the right moment to strike. Once his headphones were in, I snuck up behind him, pinching at his pressure point until he collapsed. Pulling him into one of their storage closets, I dug through his pockets and smiled as I found what I was looking for: a level seven master key. It gave me general clearance to some of the rooms, and even though Loki's room was top secret, it would help me get to his floor without complications.

         Taking one last glance at my poor reflection through one of the metal bars, I fixed my agent name tag that read : Jane Doe. They would sure get a kick out of this one. "John Smith to Jane Doe," my walkie talkie roared. I instantly lowered the volume moderately, picking up.

         "Are you sure we should go on with this?" Jared asked, the worry begining to settle into him.

        "Everything will be alright." I assured him quietly through the talkie. I walked at a normal pace, so the people that would pass me by wouldn't suspect a thing. The adrenaline began to rush in as I realized that this was probably going to be one of the few highlights of my life or it could also be the reason behind my imprisonment in SHIELD. I walked past the guards who were too busy on their devices to even acknowledge me. If Fury caught a sight of them, they'd be fired in a heartbeat. I finally reached floor seven, stopping right in front of Loki's door.

       "Now," I told Jared, hoping that he heard me. I unlocked the door with a small gadget that unleashed a bright blue light, blasting the lock panel. Before the security could go off, the lights went off and the door in front of me opened. I ran in without tripping over anything with the help of my night vision glasses.

        "We have to be quick." I informed Loki. He nodded and I let him out. He walked out and instantly took the clothes I got for him which was a SHIELD uniform. I turned around to face him when he was done, pondering for a moment. "Ugh, I don't trust you just following me. Hold my hand." I said as I held mine out, wondering if Asgardians had night vision.

      "Are you sure its the lack of trust or do you just want to have the pleasure of holding my hand?" He asked with his notorious smirk. The lights began to flicker. 

     "Don't flatter yourself," I replied with as I grabbed a hold of his hand and dragged him along with me. We made it just out of the room as the lights went on. Guards ran past us, yelling. "SHIELD protocol. Code Red."

        We followed after them, but when we had our chance, we escaped and ran to the parking lot. I sighed in relief, leaning against the steering wheel for the moment and appreciating the new car smell. I sent Jared a quick message telling him that everything went as planned and drove off towards my apartment. Loki did not speak and I relished in the silence, watching him curiously from the corner of my eye as he stared out the window.

       Once I was on the freeway,  I bursted out into laughter. "I did it. Oh my gosh, I did it. Can you believe it?!" I exclaimed as I slapped Loki's arm. 

        "Are you even watching where you're going?"

      "Huh?" I mumbled as my eyes focused back onto the road. I hit the brakes and saved myself from hitting the back of the car in front of me just in time.

       "And you are licensed to drive this thing?" Loki incredulously asked. I glanced at the mirror ahead to see his gaze on me, rolling my eyes at him.

       "I wouldn't be talking if I were you. You don't know how to drive. All you do is ride ponies on a rainbow bridge."

         "Horses. They are horses, not ponies." He snapped, instantly glaring. Well, he didn't deny the last part, I thought to myself with a smirk.

           "Sure, sure." I laughed.

**

         As soon as I walked into my apartment with Loki -arguing with Loki about how a democracy suited the United States perfectly as opposed to how a Dictatorship would-, Sarah was anxiously waiting on my couch for me. Immediately, she pulled me into a hug disregarding the fact that Loki was in the room. "Thank God, you're alright."

        She then pulled away and looked at Loki, studying him. "Hello, my name is Sarah. You must be the cute high class criminal."

      I slapped Sarah's arm, and her cheeks went a light pink as she realized what she had just said. "Sarah, you just added more to his arrogance!"

       "What is this 'cute' you speak of?"

        "It's just a fancy word for evil." I lied, not wanting to add more to his ego and curious to see if he would sense my lie. He didn't. I mentally scoffed, questioning his godly title.

        "So, should we start on him now?" Sarah asked with a devious grin.

         "Start what?" Loki asked puzzled.

      I simply nodded with a grin that matched Sarah's, completely ignoring Loki as he glanced between the two of us. "Hell yeah!" I answered to Sarah, eager to see how this would turn out.

     Hooking my arm with Sarah's and using my free one to grab a hold of Loki, I led us to the restroom. "Where are we going?"

          "To the restroom!"

       "Together?" He questioned, eyes wide.

         Oh, this is going to be fun, I thought, as I saw the horrid expression on his face. Once the three of us were in the restroom, I closed the door. Loki's gaze landed on all the products on the counter. His gaze then went back to me, waiting for an explanation. I noticed that his gaze went toward the door and I leaned against it, locking it and blocking it just in case he tried to escape.

                              "It's time for the God of Mischief to receive his makeover."

Okay, so not the best chapter I've written, but I wanted to upload something. I also wanted to get Loki's escape over with >.<  I hope you enjoyed this chapter & that it wasn't too bad but hey...Loki's free! Well, kind of. XD What do you think Loki's reaction to his makeover will be? Please leave your thoughts below!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 286 14
This job wasn't quite what she was expecting when Fury assigned her to 'assist' the God of Mischief, where the pampered prince only saw that word as...
13.3K 604 33
"Lia, I have always given you what you wanted. This is the first time I want something from you. Can't you just do that for me?" "Alright Tony. I'll...
21.9K 753 30
Eren isn't a normal girl. Involved in a chemical explosion that left her orphaned at the young age of ten, she becomes fast friends with Prince Loki...
175K 5K 51
She walked out from the red drapes in nothing more than lingerie to the dance floor and began the entrancing performance, just another night. Music p...