Nick's Fury.

This has been edited as of April 26, 2014.

**

            Once I got home, I thought the best thing to do was to go straight to bed. I quickly changed into more comfortable clothes, and brushed my teeth. Before I went to sleep, I made sure to grab my phone and send a quick text to Sarah.

             I need to tell you something urgent. Come over tomorrow & bring Drew!

         I've known Sarah for years and know that I can trust and count on her with anything. Even though I don't deserve it at times, I always have her support and I'm crossing my fingers that she'll continue to do so. On the other hand, Drew was going to be the tough one to crack. Loki is an enemy of the Avengers and anyone enemy of the Avengers, is an enemy to Drew. He worships the ground they walk on. He almost fainted when he met Bruce. Good thing I knew how to make good deals, and I was going to offer him something he could not deny nor resist.

**

          I awoke to the loudest and most obnoxious ringing and knocking on my door. With an irritated groan, I groggily got up and went to go answer it. Before opening the door, I looked through the peephole -even though I already knew who it was- to see a bright hazel eye staring straight into mine. It was Sarah. Unlocking the door, I let her and Drew in.

         "I didn't know you'd come this early." I mumbled, wiping at my eyes.

        "It's ten in the morning. I don't believe it's early." Sarah retorted with a smile. I checked the clock and was surprised to see that she was right. Good thing I don't have to go to S.H.I.E.L.D today, but I still have to go to work at noon.

        "So, what is the 'urgent' thing you want us to know?" Drew asked, sitting himself on my couch. Sarah followed right after him, sitting next to him. To ease my sudden anxiety, I sat down on the loveseat to the right of them. Here goes nothing, I thought.

               "I'mgoingtohelpLokiescapefromwhereheisandIneedyourhelpsinceyouguysaremybestestfriends." I managed to get out, leaving me breathless at the end.

            "Whodhlwbskqbaashwobf?" Drew sarcastically replied.

            "Wait...," Sarah whispered to herself, eyebrows furrowed. She was processing my words. Her eyes widened and she glanced up at me alert. "WHAT?" Sarah almost shouted. She understood what I said. I didn't know whether to be relieved that I don't have to repeat myself again or worried by the way her eyes widened in disbelief....so I chose both.

                "It's cruel to just have him locked up in there."

            "Cruel? Eryn, he killed many people." Sarah incredulously said. Drew looked between the two of us, confused.

         "I know he's not the best person in the world, but he can be. All he needs is someone to believe and motivate him. That is something I'm willing to do for him."

            Sarah sighed as she realized where I was going with this. "Brian didn't change."

       I averted my gaze from her, my heart dropping. I didn't expect her to bring him up, but Sarah knows me too well. I shuddered at the thought of Brian, not wanting to go there again. "This has nothing to do with Brian," I lied with a huff.

      I could feel Sarah's heavy gaze on me the whole time. She knew I was lying, but when she spoke again, I was happy that she had let the Brian thing go. "And you think Loki will change?"