Director Fury Knew All Along.

Dedicated to GothamsGirl for being an amazing supporter! Your comments make my day, (:  & for providing me with the pic to the side...

A/N:  I know some of you may be confused as you read this chapter, but it'll be explained in the author's note at the end...so just read on!

Fury Knew All Along.

ERYN

            "No," my mind screams, pushing against a dark, foreign barrier.

                 Everything is a blur to me, but I recognize that I am in my apartment. The house phone is ringing, but I can't reach it nor can I find the strength to walk towards the phone. My head is spinning, feeling heavy on my neck and shoulders. Why can't I control myself?

                 My mind can't seem to process anything. I stumble forward and my hands reach out, trying to catch a grip of something but there was nothing. It's a wall. I let out a gasp as I loose balance and fall onto the hard, wooden floor. The back of my head hit the floor in a loud thud, and before I could cry for help, I slipped into the familiar darkness...

**

                 As I woke up, I groaned and turned, aiming towards one of my soft pillows but my arms fell onto the cool, wooden floor instead. Alarmed, my eyes instantly opened and I found myself lying in the middle of my hall. I winced as I sat up, the back of my head throbbing. What happened?

                  I willed myself to stand up and stumbled my way into the living room. The house phone's light blinked red, and plopping myself down onto the couch, I pressed the voicemail button. "Hey, Eryn. It's just me, Bruce, your uncle. I'm calling to tell you that I'm going over sometime tomorrow to check up on you. You called me last night and I couldn't help but worry." Bruce's voice sounded through the living room.

                 I sighed and pressed the next button.

             "Hey! You! You haven't answered my phone calls from your cell phone, so I decided to finally call your house phone...and you still didn't answer. Anyways, I just wanted to know when you wanted to go dress shopping. I'm guessing you haven't checked your phone...so sorry in advance for blasting your cell phone with notifications...HA, who am I kidding! I'm not sorry. Bye."

              I playfully rolled my eyes at Sarah's voice. Reaching into my pocket, I pulled out my phone. My eyes widened at the sight. No wonder it hasn't been ringing...it's broken! The screen was cracked beyond repair, revealing the inside mechanics of the phone. I grimaced. How did I manage to do that? Throwing my phone to the side, I continued to listen to my voicemails.

             "Hello, this is Anne Richards from the mental institution in Ohio. I'm calling, because you're on the contact list for Brian Banner. The doctors believe that he is ready to rejoin society due to his good improvement. Please, call back as soon as you can for more information."

               My eyes flashed to my house phone, saving the voicemail and desperately searching for the call back button. If the doctors believed he was ready, then that means Brian has changed. Relief and hope washed over me. I’m going to have my grandpa back. My hand faltered, reeling back and away from the house phone. I couldn’t bring him back, I frowned. Not yet, anyways. I’d have to talk to Bruce first.