Maybe, the Bad Guy is the Victim.

"This all I got on the surveillance camera. I still don't understand why he would take your solution out of S.H.I.E.L.D without telling anyone." Fury said as he showed me the computer screen. I saw Jared walking into the lab and walking out with the solution like nothing in the video. I wonder why someone didn't stop him, but even if they did, he'd get past them. "If the substances in that solution are as harmful as you say, then I have no choice but to get some of my agents to go after him."

      "Don't. Jared is not Jared anymore, and if he sees agents after him, this situation may get worse."

       "What do you mean he's not Jared anymore?" He questioned his eye on me.

       I turned to him and sighed. "Something is controlling him, it's taking over. Whatever it is, is pushing Jared's soul away from his own body. I don't know how to explain it, but I've seen him struggling and...I just don't know what to do about it. It's been going on for a few weeks."

          "Do you have any clue of what it can be? What possesses him?"

        My eyes met with Fury. "I think it may be the Chituari. I don't know. Something among those lines. Jared's eyes flash blue when it's controlling him. I-"

          "Then, it is them. They did the same thing to Hawkeye and Dr. Selvig before, but how? How can they do this without the tesseract? Unless...Loki-" Fury interrupted, standing up from his chair and walking back and forth, his hands clasped behind his back.

        "I don't think Loki is into this. The last thing he would want to do is be involved with the Chituari again." I immediately said, interrupting him this time. He stopped walking and his eye narrowed at me, questioningly. It was as if he knew something, something that I didn't know he knew. "Speaking of him, have your secret agents tracked him down?" I asked nonchalantly.

       Nick sighed. "This is classified information, but I'm going to tell you a little bit of it. I think I've tracked him down, but I've only sent one secret agent after him and that agent has gone down."

         Tracked him down? My heart began to race. Is Nick telling the truth? I mean, he did say it was classified information, and he could just be lying to me to trick me. He only sent one secret agent? I thought he had sent multiple, and what did he mean by 'gone down'? Did he die or something?

          "Where?"

      Director Fury smiled at me, causing my stomach to feel uneasy. "Now, that is part of the classified information that will remain classified for now. You may go now, Miss Banner. As you wish, I won't send anyone after Jared but I do expect you to check up on him and keep me updated if you can. This will be your little mission."

         I nodded and sent him a salute before leaving. As I walked back to the lab, I couldn't believe that I had told Nick the truth. Well, not the whole truth, but I wasn't lying to him. Jared is being possessed by something from the same realm as the Chitauri. Loki knows exactly who, but he's not planning on telling me. I huffed, frustrated with everything.