Hemlock Chronicles 2 (Hemlock...

By Song_Wolf_Lover69

Months have passed since Peter, Celena, and Roman dealt with the evil Vargulf. But the mystery of their grea... More

Prologue: The Search Continues...
Chapter 1: Innocence Doesn't Exist
Chapter 2: To Try in Vain
Chapter 4: When a Stranger Comes...
Chapter 5: Nightmare in Hemlock Grove
Chapter 6: Becoming a Reality
Chapter 7: Unwanted Guests
Chapter 8: In the Shadows
Chapter 9: Bad Day
Chapter 10: Secret's Out
Chapter 11: Hunger Out of Control
Chapter 12: Hold me
Chapter 13: Finding the Cure
Chapter 14: The Search of Shelley Godfrey
Chapter 15: Reunion
Chapter 16: Stopping the Dream
Chapter 17: Trust
Chapter 18: Reunite
Chapter 19: Peter and the Wolf
Chapter 20: All Monsters
Chapter 21: Hungry Ghost
Chapter 22: Taken
Surprise!!! Bonus Chapter

Chapter 3: Desperate Times

208 1 0
By Song_Wolf_Lover69

Since asking Roman was no surprise for Peter, he decides to take matters in his own hands to get the money. He knew some people who could give him the money for the right price. But first he needed to see Destiny.

He walks into the diner she works at and she greets him with a smile when he comes to the counter and sits down.

"Hey, you!" She says.

But her smile dies when she sees that furious look on his face.

"Well, it was worth a try." She shrugs.

"He's a fucking prick." He bites out.

"Where's Cell?"

"With Roman. He wants to talk to her, but me, he wants me to fuck off." He scoffs.

"Hope he kisses her ass after what he did to her. Want some food?" She asks.

Peter shakes his head as he rubs his face, "I'm not hungry." He pulls out a pocket watch to check the time. It was getting late. If he was gonna do this, he needed to go now. "Can I borrow your car again?"

Destiny gives him an unsure look, but he gives her pleading eyes.

"Please?"

She reaches behind the counter and holds up her keys for him. He takes them and heads out the door, but Destiny stops him.

"Peter, stay out of trouble."

Peter nods, "Tell Celena I'll be home soon." And he was gone.

Peter managed to contact his suppliers and ask to meet with them downtown. He didn't want to do this, but Roman gave him no choice. He drives to a private area of an empty parking lot and pulls up next to them. The driver was a short skinhead, smoking on his cigarette and the other was tall with short hair. Giving Peter a hard look.

"You're the guy, right?" The driver asked.

Peter nods.

"Who's watching over you?"

"St. Sebastian."

"Let's get this motherfucker done." The driver demands.

"I want to see the money first."

The two guys scoff and chuckle. The driver grabs his bag and holds it up for Peter to see the cash.

"It's gonna all be there when I count it, right?"

The driver scoffs as the passenger speaks, "'He that is already corrupt is naturally suspicious'."

"So are we gonna do this thing or what?" The driver scoffs.

Peter sighs and looks up, he sighs in disappointment that the moon wasn't full yet, but he has no choice. He has to do this.

"Yeah. Follow me." He says and starts up the car to drive back to Destiny's. He was so thankful that Celena wasn't home yet and he knew Destiny was working late tonight. He just prays Celena won't be home in the middle of this meeting.

He begins to mix up the proper concoction for the dealers. He just hopes and prays he can con them without screwing up. He could feel the wolf inside building and clawing with need.

"You're the first gadji to sample what my people once referred to as 'Saint Sebastian's Arrow'."

"Yeah, I heard of that."

"Then you've lived a large life, my friend, not many people have."

"What the fuck is a 'gadji'?" One man asks.

"It's what Gypsies call outsiders. I'm dropping ancient knowledge here, shared only by my people, but now, I'm sharing it with you.

"Totally down with ancient knowledge." The driver chuckles. "Like the pyramids...What was that shit about?"

"Gypsies, man." Peter says as he pours liquid into a cup with an eye dropper.

The short hair guy frowns at Peter in confusion.

"Gypsies...Egyptians. That was us. We built that shit." Peter corrects him.

"And to think I consider myself a student of history." The man scoffs.

Peter clears his throat and continues to mix the substance, "The way of the arrow, like the true purposes of the pyramids, was lost in the mists of time. But I brought it back, figuring out a way to refine it. Making it 10,000 times more potent." He says as he spews out all the bullshit he could come up with. Anything to get them to buy it.

"Sounds dope."

"Comes on hard, you peak, then you settle down fast and easy. Like an arrow flying through time and space." Peter says.

"Twenty large is a major investment. Our boss was hesitant at first."

"But your weed man..."

"Our client."

"...vouched for you, so we're taking a shot."

"You will not regret this. This isn't even a drug, really. It's more like a...a biomorphic portal into another dimension." Peter says as he comes up with more bullshit.

"Long as it fucks you up."

"And gives our boss a profit on his capital."

"Gentlemen..." Peter holds up an eye dropper filled of white cloudy liquid. "I give you Sebzilla." He sighs and looks at them both. "Tilt your heads back."

He gives them each one single drop in their eyes.

"Ow! Shit! It burns."

Peter moves away and sighs, "Good." He moves to prepares himself. He takes off his shoes, his button-up shirt and turns to the record player to play some music.

"Yo, I don't feel anything."

One guy gets to his feet and glares at Peter, "You better not be playing with us, Holmes."

Peter pants as he feels the wolf coming forth. It was getting closer, "Chill, it'll happen soon." He moves to head back into the room where the men were. He begins to take off his shirt.

"Yo, what the fuck?"

Peter spits into his hand and rubs them together.

"Dude. We don't roll like that." One man looks at Peter in disgust.

Peter ignores them and runs his fingers through his hair, slicking it back as he begins to call forth the wolf and welcomes it to come.

Peter rotates his neck, bones crackling loudly at every move. Suddenly, he jerks as his bones crack louder. He holds up his hands and his fingers begin to twist and bend in positions they weren't suppose to go. He groans and yells in pain as the wolf begins to rip itself through his body. He falls to ground and his spine begins to expand through his skin.

The men watch in shock as Peter begins to change right before them. They couldn't take their eyes off of him.

Peter yells in pain and rips the skin off his shoulder, throwing it across the room. One man jumps from his seat, backing away from the sight.

"What the fuck?!"

"I'm fucked up." The driver slowly gets up, keeping his eyes glued on Peter.

Suddenly, Peter begins to bleed out from his eyes, his mouth. All over his face. The driver rushes to help him, but Peter jerks up and looks at him with yellow eyes.

"Oh, shit!" The man backs away and falls to the floor.

Peter begins to open his mouth wide and the men could see another mouth busting through. A mouth with razor sharp teeth.

"HOLY SHIT!" They watch with wide eyes as a wolf's snout tears through Peter's mouth and jaw. Making the flesh rip off the bone and muscles.

The driver begins to gag at the sight and turns to vomit on the floor. Peter begins to crawl towards him as the wolf's head was now free and Peter's face was gone. When he was close enough, the men watch Peter's arm suck into his body and he reaches from the Wolf's mouth and brushes his hand against the man's face. Leaving a trail of saliva and blood on his face.

Peter backs away as he forces the wolf back. The snout retracts back into his mouth, down his throat. His wounds begin to close. He jerks in pain as the wolf goes back inside. He gets up and heads to another room to grab a towel and wipes himself down. The men still remained in their places. Peter comes back to the room and looks at them both as if nothing happened.

"Who wants a beer?"

Before Peter knew it, they were dropping the cash on the table and he was giving them the supplies.

"Mix two parts of ionized water, do not use tab, and one part SEB. Never leave it in direct sunlight. Shake well before using, and keep out of reach of children. I'm gonna throw in some eyedroppers because I like you guys. You do this thing right, you're looking at a street value right around hundred grand. That's a 500% return. Which is a beautiful thing."

The men couldn't believe what they had. They were ecstatic, "My man!" He pats Peter's shoulder.

Peter grunts and walks away, trying so hard to hide the pain he was feeling. He sits by the window and looks around, "The street is clear. You two better bounce."

The men turn to the door, but jump when it opens and Celena comes busting in.

"Peter, I got great..." She jumps when she sees two strange men and a curled up Peter with sweat pouring down his face. "What's going on?"

"Nothing. They're just borrowing some sugar." Peter says sarcastically.

"We're just leaving. Thanks again, man." The skinhead nods at Peter and eyes Celena up and down as he brushes by her to leave.

The tall man rubs his mouth and winks at her before holding up the bag at Peter. They shut the door behind them and Celena frowns at Peter.

"What the hell was that?" She demanded.

Peter couldn't answer her. He grunts as he gets up to walk, but begins coughing up blood.

"Peter!" She shouts in fear.

He falls to the floor and vomits a little blood.

"Oh, my god. What's wrong?" She rubs his sweaty back.

He grunts and gets up. Celena helps him walk towards the couch as he clutches his side and holds himself as he shivers in pain.

"Peter? Don't go to sleep." Celena begs.

But he was already closing his eyes. Celena watches him with worry, then shudders when he was out and begins to dream. She grunts as a sharp pain hits her deep inside her brain. Her eyes roll back and she falls backwards on the floor. Jerking all over the rug as a vision rushes through her mind. The same vision she shared with Peter in the car. But stronger. A bridge. Someone drowning. A fish gasping. A man whipping himself with a cat o'nine whip. A man wearing a white fedora. When he smiled, a forked tongue came out of his mouth.

Arching her body over the floor, Celena gasps in rapid breaths till the door opens and footsteps rush towards her, trying to hold her in place.

"Cell! Celena! Peter!" Destiny's voice distorts all around her till finally she jerks awake with a long gasp.

Coughing, Celena sits up with the help up Destiny, "Jesus Christ! Don't do that to me." Destiny says as she hugs Celena tight. "What the fuck happened?" She asks as she pulls away and looks at Peter who was out cold on the couch. She could see dried blood on his chin and vomit on the floor. There was money on the table and piece of ripped off skin in the corner.

Destiny gets up and picks the money up and flesh and walks over to Peter, kicking him awake. He groans and squints at whoever was disturbing his sleep.

There stood Destiny with a disturbed look on her face as she glares down at him, holding up the money and flesh.

"What did you do, Peter?"

"I just worked the most beautiful little con." He smirks and struggles to sit up. "We're getting the lady lawyer on the case. I feel like shit." He chuckles.

Celena glares at him and struggles to get up while Destiny throws the money at Peter. Celena walks up to Peter and slaps him on the back of his head, making him groan in pain.

"You fucking idiot."

"What? I got the money?" He grips his head in pain.

Celena pulls out the check from her pockets and holds it up for both of them to see, "So did I. Roman changed his mind. Next time, answer your fucking phone." She throws the check at Peter and storms off. "Dickhead!" She slams her bedroom door shut, making him wince in pain.

Peter looks at the check in pure shock. He couldn't believe she got Roman to change his mind. Destiny scoffs and moves to the kitchen to cook some food.

After Peter cleaned up and took some pain killers, he sits at the kitchen island as Destiny cooks a meal.

"I can't believe you brought them here. What were you thinking?" She grits her teeth at him.

Destiny already change into comfy clothes and Celena was in the shower. She storms out of the shower with nothing but a towel. Her hair was soaked from being washed

"You know, actually, one of those numb-nuts wants to change his name to Tony Montana." Peter says as he sips his coffee.

Destiny slams the spatula down as Celena smacks his shoulder, "This isn't some kind of fucking joke, Peter! You turned on the wrong moon!" She glares at him.

"We already dealt with one Vargulf. I don't want that to happen to you." Celena says as she moves to stand close to him, holding on to the towel.

Peter sighs and rubs her wet shoulders, "I'm sorry. It was just one time. I'm not going to do it again." He pulls her into his arms and makes her sit on his leg. He turns to Destiny, "D, it was a stupid mistake. I was only thinking about Lynda."

Destiny turns and scoffs at him, "Yeah, but at what price? You have no idea how fast this can destroy you. You'll never see it coming."

"Take it easy, ok?"

"Celena's right, you could end up a Vargulf. It might already be too late." Destiny states.

"Ok, I get it." Peter sighs. "I'm sorry." He turns to look at Celena. "I'm sorry. Again, it was a one-time thing."

Destiny shuts off the flame and turns, holding the skillet and drops it in front of Peter, making both Peter and Celena jump from the loud noise. Destiny glares at Peter.

"I had to walk home because of you." She grits out. She sighs as she turns back to the stove, crossing her arms over chest and leans on the oven. She was really angry and worried. But...he got the money at least. "You couldn't have squeezed them for 25?" She scoffs.

Peter looks at her and scoffs. Destiny presses her lips together, but soon the three of them share a laugh.

Celena claps her hands, "OK, now that we got the money, we can go see the lawyer as soon as possible. We got 40 grand! But!" She holds a finger up to both. "I think we should keep the other 20 grand just in case we run into trouble with those guys. You screwed them out of their money, Peter. And you made the mistake of bringing them back here...what makes you think they won't come and find you?"

Peter looks at her and at Destiny in worry. She was right. He needs to prepare for the worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pryce continues to do his daily rounds of checking on his Project Ouroboros. The body in the tank continues to grow rapidly and drawing closer to completion. He watches the female body that he grew himself with a big smile. Admiring her beauty. He was so proud of his success. His new scientists employee, all the way from Russia, kept watched over his creation.

The woman speaks Russian, "Doctor, I've noticed a slight increase of radiation on the rock you've had me analyze. The elements inside are unlike anything I've ever seen. It contains both minerals and organisms that's unknown to our computers. Also I have found no source of magma. Earth did not create this."

Pryce exclaims as he looks over the report and, together, they walk to the other side of the lab. Inside the secret entrance to the private lab where he kept the stone. Light blares all around the room as scientists move around their computers and machines to record everything the light was giving.

"Doctor, a pulse is coming from the rock." A man says to Pryce.

Pryce walks over to the machine and watches the lines move up and down in a sequence. Almost like a heartbeat.

"Amazing. It's as if it's alive." The woman exclaims in a heavy Russian accent.

"Prepare a team to gather more samples." Pryce commands.

Soon, a group of people dressed in protective gear walk through to the protective doors. When one door shut, it lets out a loud hiss, alerting that pressure has dropped. In order for them to protect the preservation, it must be contained. The group opens the other door and walks inside slowly towards the rock. Pryce watches in wonder as one man begins to hammer gently on the rock. From the team's radios, he could hear the booms and humming blaring from the speakers.

"Extracting exactly 5cmm on the lower quadrant." The man says as he manages to get a sample.

"Sir, the humming is increasing." A female voice speaks.

"It's normal. Ignore it." Another man says.

But Pryce frowns when the color begins to pulse and singing begins in the speakers. He remembers that singing on the day when Celena and Matt saved Letha. Pryce quickly grabs his microphone.

"Get the sample and get out."

"Sample contained. Let's go."

Suddenly, a loud boom makes everyone cover their ears. Pryce winces at the sound, but his eyes widen when the stone begins to glow red and hiss angrily.

"Sir, there's gas coming from the bottom!"

Suddenly, the team begins to panic and scream. Pounding on the glass as they beg to be free. Rumbling begins to grow from the stone as it angrily shook. The team screams in terror as they press their bodies against the glass, screaming for help.

Pryce ducks with everyone as a bright light flashes in the cage. Sending out waves of power all around the lab. As if a huge plasma wave was rolling in the air. Soon, the screaming stopped and the light was gone. Pryce slowly rises to stand with his team and he gasps in terror when he looks inside the cage.

All that was left of the team inside the cage...was their burnt skeletons.

Pryce exclaims in shock and looks back at the stone as it returns to it's normal sapphire color. After years of extracting samples from the rock, this was the first time it ever reacted.

"Well! I guess you're tired of being poked and probed. Aren't you?" Pryce says to the rock as it continues to give it's eerily glow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That morning, Peter decides that he should get a proper job since he was living in Hemlock Grove once again. So he decides to check out the local towing and repair place. First, he went to see the Lawyer and drop off half of the 20 grand while Destiny placed the rest in a savings account, per Celena's request. Anything goes wrong, they will be prepared.

Peter walks to the towing company as he talks to Destiny and Celena on the phone, "I dropped the cash off with the lady lawyer. She said some of the statues on the warrants might be expired." He says as he passes a huge signed that was painted in black words, 'Drivers Wanted'.

"That's great! That means we got a good chance of getting her out of there faster!" Celena exclaims happily on the other line as he hears Destiny shouts happily.

"Yeah, I've got a good feeing about this." Peter sighs as he continues to head inside the building. "I gotta go."

"Love you!" Celena says as she makes a kiss noise.

"I love you, too, baby." He smiles and cuts the call.

Once Peter walks in, he sees a man working behind a desk and a stuffed beaver sits at the front desk, holding the same wanted sign. In the background, Peter hears a news report talking about suspicious fires happening. One recently at a warehouse.

"Announce yourself." The man demands Peter as he continues working.

"Uh, your sign says you're looking for a driver."

The man heavily smokes as he continues to work, "Not just a driver, a tow-truck driver." He corrects Peter.

"I've got my class four license."

The man scoffs, "Yeah, so do a lot of people. I'm looking for somebody with a good eye and a steady hand. There's a whole are and a science to it." The man turns and holds up a stuffed animal. A bunny with horns. He chews on his cigar and shows the animal to Peter, "Jackalope."

Peter looks in fake wonder, "Ah!"

The man takes his cigar and places it in his ash tray, "No sense of letting perfectly good roadkill go to waste."

"I'm sorry, are you looking for a driver or are you looking for an animal stuffer?" Peter asks.

The man scoots in his chair towards the front desk, he eyes Peter, seeing he was a gypsy, "An operator. We got two trucks and only one driver."

Peter nods, understanding, but he looks up and sees more stuffed animals. But some of the animals were like something Frankenstein would make. He sees a stuffed cat with bird wings sewn into it's back.

"I like the flying cat." Peter says with a crooked grin.

"That's my p***y-bird." The man corrects, proud of his work. "You ever drive a hook-'em-up truck before?"

Peter scratches his beard, "Yeah, a couple of times."

"Well, you can't be any worse than the last idiot. Pay 12 bucks an hour." The man states.

Peter shrugs, happy that he's got the job, "Works for me." He grins.

The man moves to get some papers, "You'll need to fill out some paperwork."

Peter sighs and looks over to see a TV playing a news report, "A man and his son were found dead at the bottom of Nickelson Gorge. Authorities believe that Robert Dexter of Ellenville, New York, and his infant son had been hiking along a footpath at the top of the cliff and lost their footing..." The report continues and shows police carrying two body bags of a hill and the camera pans to show a large bridge. The same bridge from his dreams!

"Hey!" The man shouts to gain Peter's attention, but he was so focus on the report and the bridge.

"However, the cause of death is still under investigation..." The reporter fades out as Peter's eyes widen at the sight of the bridge.

Peter jumps as the guy slams the clipboard down and shouts at him again, "Hey! I'm talking to you!" He eyes Peter with caution, "You don't toot the whacky?"

"What?" Peter frowns in confusion.

"I don't hire dope fiends, atheists, communists, nancy boys, PETA whack jobs or Jews." The man states his racist restrictions.

Peter nods, "Yeah, got it."

The man throws Peter the clipboard, "Fill these out. Be back here tomorrow morning at 6:30 and, uh, don't be late." The man warns.

Peter fills out the forms, but he kept averting his eyes to the TV. He knows Celena have seen his visions, he must talk to her about them as soon as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roman was home again and hungry. He goes to his fridge to chow down on the last of his leeches. Sadly, there was only one left. He gobbles it down and sucks on the blood left on the bag. It wasn't enough and his hunger was growing constantly. He needed a new source of food. He had no choice. He needed to hunt.

He goes to an underground party and search for someone. Anyone he could feast on. He finds one who had potential. He walks up to her. He flirts with her and punches out her boyfriend who showed he carried a short temper, but he easily knocks his ass out.

He had the girl in his car, he was ready to feast and she was ready to fuck. But when she grabbed his c**k and strokes him through his pants, that pissed him off a little. Celena only could touch him. Not her. He didn't care how wet this woman was for him, he wanted to fuck Celena only. He eyes her neck, watching the vein pulse and hear the blood swishing. He wanted to rip her throat out.

He looks away and pulls over sharply, "Get out. Get the fuck out my car!" He demands.

He leaves her on the side of the road and goes back home. He couldn't do it. He's not a killer. He slowly walks inside his home, hearing opera music playing in the background. He was so hungry and horny at the same time. He walks up the stairs as thunder rumble outside and rain begins to pour. He got a door and types in a keycode. He walks into a room and sees one of his caregivers sitting by a door in a rocking chair with a lit candle.

"It's been another very long day, Mr. Godfrey." She says.

Roman nods, "You can go. Lucy with be here soon."

The elderly woman blows out the candle and stands to leave. Carrying her rosary in her hand.

Roman walks to the other door and opens it. The opera music was louder in the room. He shuts the door and moves to look down at the secret he's been keeping for the past three months. Letha's baby.

She coos and stands up in her crib and looks at Roman with her vibrant blue eyes. He watches the baby look at him, watching and following his every movement. When he moved, she followed him. Everyday was torture for him to see the baby. To look at what his mother forced him to create. He cannot let Olivia know that the baby was still alive. Neither can Letha know that she was alive, too. Once it was safe, he will tell her. He will tell Celena. Once he figures out what to do. Until then, the baby must remain a secret.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 13.3K 28
! NO LONGER WRITING THIS VERSION OF THE STORY - PLEASE GO TO MY PROFILE AND SEE MY BOOK 'The Monster's Stratagem' FOR THE 2.0 VERSION ! * * * Highe...
8.3K 859 59
#1 in AdultromancešŸ¤­ "She's messing up with my brains again!" Stefano shut his eyes tightly and took a deep breath trying to fight off the feeling he...
8.8K 561 35
"What's that look for? Are you perhaps unhappy to see me?" "Oh no. Oh no, quite the contrary, my love. I've craved to be with you for the longest tim...
452K 9.8K 75
ā€¢ BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES ā€¢ Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...