My Billionaire Cure

By Selenabanford

"Are you okay?" The three words he fell for. The three words he wanted to hear. The three words that cured hi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Epilogue
New Story

Chapter 20

185K 8.3K 2.3K
By Selenabanford

~1999~

Run, run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it to town

Santa make him hurry, tell him he can take the freeway down

Run, run Rudolph 'cause I'm reelin' like a merry-go-round

Chuck Berry's song played on the small transistor radio by the window as the men in the living room danced with beer bottles grasped in their hands and a man twirled his pregnant wife around and around as she giggled hysterically.

The snow on the ground, thick enough to come up to a grown man's knees, coated the surroundings in pure bliss. An old man shoveled the snow which had covered his narrow driveway. He waved his hand from the other side of the road when he noticed the small boy staring at him from the window across the street.

The foggy window covered the bruises on his face as he smiled at the man.

"Man slow down, your wife is pregnant" the man chuckled in his raspy voice.

The boy quickly leaned away from the window, hearing the voice he dreaded most coming from behind him. He slowly sat on the floor, bringing his knees close to his chest.

He played with his hands, trying to stop the shiver running through his body as he heard her voice.

"Let him be James. He's a loving husband. Isn't he? "

He quickly shifted his body, hiding behind the enormous Christmas tree beside him.

His stomach growled in hunger since the woman had starved him for two days.

She instantly turned her head and looked at him with fire blazing in her eyes.

"Stop it" she hissed through gritted teeth.

He bit his lip to stop the sob trying to escape his lips. He felt blood as he bit too hard and a single tear involuntarily escaped his eye.

The music died and he felt all eyes in the room on him. He tried to shrink back but two large hands lifted him by the shoulders and dragged him out of the corner.

"Well James I have a surprise. I found this at the post office. "

Kyle opened an envelope and took a small, yellow paper out. The boy's eyes widened in fear as he recognized it.

"This was put into the mail box without a stamp. Consider this as my Christmas present"

He nudged James's shoulder with a smirk as he opened the piece of paper to read it out aloud.

"Dear Santa Claus,

Please take me far away from this house. I can't live here anymore. Take me with you.

Sincerely Marcus Jones"

James's eyes gleamed wickedly, his lips twitched into a small, playful smile. Tears were streaming down the boy's eyes as he looked at their house maid Barbara for help.

Pain and regret flashed across her eyes as she looked down trying to hold in a sob.

"What do we do to him now James?" Logan grinned widely eyeing the boy.

"The usual" the raspy voice replied with a hint of mischief.

"Oh please, Irene is pregnant. Go and do it somewhere else" the woman ordered them, pointing at the door.

"Sure my lady"

With that they took the boy to the cold room down in the basement. Two men kicked the boy down the stairs chuckling loudly.

They punched him in the face until his bruises resurfaced with more blood pooling out than ever before, kicked him in the gut until he screamed in agony, begging them to stop.

"Mom please help me, Mom!"

"Marcus wake up! Marcus!"

____

"My mom almost drowned in a pool when she was little. Since then she has feared them" I told Marcus, explaining the reason for the absence of a pool in this massive house. 

I kept my hand on his, reassuring him and he looked at me with a slight fright evident in his eyes.

"I'm sorry you had to come. Let's leave before night" I spoke with worry.

"We don't need to. I'm fine. Don't worry" He held my hand and gently squeezed it.

"Camilla we had your room cleaned. You may go and rest for a while since the sun is also setting. Dinner will be ready at 8" My father spoke after noticing the tensed air around us.

We walked upstairs and went into my room. I closed the door and made sure it was also locked. Marcus sat down on the bed, his fingers tapping his right knee. 

As I turned around he stood up. "I'll go and take a shower" He wiped the sweat in his forehead and took his clothes before walking into the bathroom.

Resting my face on my palms, I cursed myself for being this foolish.

I looked around and noticed that my room hadn't changed a bit since I had left. My plain white walls matching my white sheets and white couch and the dark carpet covering the floor. Small plants sat by the window, adding a touch of greenery to the room. A black swing chair hung by the window on the wide balcony, which had a long railing embedded with vines sprouting purple flowers, revealing a captivating sight.

After a while the bathroom door opened and Marcus came out wearing dark shorts and a white t-shirt. He looked more relaxed as his eyes scanned my room properly for the first time.

"Your room is beautiful"

"Thank you" I looked at him with a hint of sadness.

He noticed and gave me a reassuring smile, telling me everything would be alright. After relaxing for few minutes we both went back downstairs.

As I was taking the steps down a rich aroma of food invaded my nostrils. I looked down over the railing and gasped in shock.

"Mom you only have two guests not twenty" I yelled in horror.

"Oh c'mon my boy needs to be healthy" my mom called out as she arranged the table.

"I'm healthy" Jake replied, looking at himself confused.

" Who's talking about you? I'm talking about Marcus " Mom rolled her eyes in annoyance.

I turned my head as I heard a small chuckle beside me. My lips curved into a small smile seeing Marcus relaxed. His hair was messy and it made me want to run my hands through it to see how it would feel.

He caught me staring and raised his eyebrows. I shook my head and gestured at him to take a seat at the table.

We took ours seats and I ate in silence while my parents talked with Marcus about business and what hilarious things I did when I was a child. It was so embarrassing but fighting for something over my mom was just as good as calling death. So I gave up.

Jake was sitting in front of me, his eyes slowly closing in boredom. I kicked his leg under the table to wake him up. He suddenly stood up with a start, looking shocked.

"What what what?" He looked around alarmed.

Everyone laughed and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Jake don't cause a scene. Sit down " Mom ordered angrily since Jake was ruining her perfect dinner.

"When will you ever grow up? You need a woman. Prepare yourself for a marriage"

My brother's mouth opened wide, shocked after hearing mom's threat. I nodded my head in agreement, earning a glare from Jake.

After dinner, we both went to my room. I changed into shorts and a t-shirt getting ready to sleep. Marcus was already on the bed. So I took one of the pillows and a sheet from the cupboard and walked towards the couch.

"What are you doing?" I turned as he asked me.

"Going to sleep" I said in an obvious tone.

"On the couch?" Marcus raised his eyebrows in confusion.

" Yes we can't sleep on the same bed"

An unreadable emotion crossed his face for a mere second before he regained his composure.

"I'll take the couch" He started, getting out of the bed.

"No no. You're our guest. Please take the bed "

Before he could say any further I quickly jumped on to the couch and wrapped the sheets around myself.

I closed my eyes pretending to sleep so Marcus wouldn't be able to talk me into giving him the couch.

I heard him let out a long sigh before he went to sleep.

Sleep dragged me under, even though the couch was uncomfortable. I tossed and turned uncomfortably several times before finally falling asleep.

...

"Mom no please mom"

I slowly opened my eyes as a small whimper woke me up.

"Mom"

I turned my head to the bed and saw  Marcus whining in pain.

He held on to the sheets around him so tightly that his knuckles were turning white. He was shaking his head back and forth, mop of hair stuck to his forehead with sweat. His breathing was uneven as he whimpered loudly, crying out for help.

My heart shattered in pain seeing how hurt he looked. I pulled my sheets away and walked over to the bed. "Marcus" I slightly shook him, trying to wake him up.

"Mom please help me. Mom" He cried out more loudly.

"Marcus wake up. Marcus!" I shook him rapidly, frightened.

He woke up with a jolt, breathing heavily to steady himself. His scanned the room until his eyes met mine.

I slowly moved the hair covering his eyes and ran my thumb along his face, soothing him.

His tear filled eyes stared at me for a while, making my heart clench in pain.
Worry took over every part of me to see how vulnerable he looked.

"Are you okay? Do you need something?"

His face suddenly relaxed and his lips curled into a small sad smile.

"Come here" He patted the bed beside him.

I slowly got onto the bed and lowered my head onto his pillow, turning my back to him. I edged away a little, only for him to wrap his arm around me, pulling me closer against his body.

He buried his face in the crook of my neck, nuzzling his nose into my hair. I felt his heart beat gradually becoming steady.

I kept my hand on the arm he had wrapped around my waist. I looked down as I felt something on his wrist.

It was the moon bracelet that we had bought in Germany. A small smile crept onto my lips as I recognized it. I slowly turned my head to look at Marcus. He was staring at me with a glint of happiness in his eyes.

I gave him a small smile before snuggling closer to him, making myself comfortable in his warm, strong arms. I felt a sense of protection and security in his arms that I had never felt before. This thought made my heart flutter slightly.

We slept peacefully through the night, reveling in the blissful warmth that enveloped us as we held on tight to each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 328 58
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
1.1M 5.1K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
285K 11.8K 49
Ellison Kefalas is the sole heir to the Kefalas Media & News business. He is also New York's number 1 playboy, and has never been in a committed rela...
626K 19.5K 65
"𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙪𝙥 𝙢𝙮 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙, 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠" He saw her one day helping ou...