Undercover

By ms_writer_ac

His face is leveled to mine and I can see tiny droplets of water on his face and lips as he draws closer to... More

Prologue
Clean Up
Another Day Another Misson
No Solo No More
Who Is He?
Girls Day
Residence
Assumptions
Phases
Different Minds Think Alike
Winter Formal
Blue Beetle Kisses
Wearhouse Wonders
Sleepless Thoughts
December Spirit
Merry Mishappenings
The Agent Trap
New Years
Clouded Feelings
Lockdown Pt.1
Lockdown Pt. 2
Brother
Recovery
Pineapple Pizza
Lead
Sleepy Feelings
Fake Persona
Secret Spies
Hold It Together
Inside Information
Distance
Birthday Daisies
U-nder Alleyways
N-umb
D-on't Leave
E-mbrace Me
C-omplete Me
O-ver the Past
V-iolence And Love.
E-nemies Battle
R-ed Reality
Time
Transformed
Aftermath
Next Steps
Promotion
ForeverMore
Accepted
Undercover
Bonus: Balance

R-eady or Not

2.8K 122 28
By ms_writer_ac

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LUCAS POV
6:20am

I woke up in the apartment this time, features a little confused.

I guess that's normal when you move away from home for almost a month.

Home not meaning Boston, as New York and Madrid is home.

But home meaning Natalie.

I wake up eyes struggling with the time difference. I don't get jet-lagged too much but it was a weird time to get back to.

I feel like Lucas' POV start with him waking up and Natalie's always starts mid day idk LOL.

I get up and shower, change into BlackLight uniform and head to BlackLight.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
BlackLight

I woke up earlier to help transport the materials the agents in China were shipping to us.  All of them would come one by one.

I enter BlackLight and get greeted by the two other agents who flew back with me.

I visited the BlackLight agency in Beijing and they helped us gather new and improved technology, strategy plans, and support which would greatly benefit this mission.

I take out the materials tucked safely in bulletproof boxes and set them up.

It's about 30 minutes later, and I check the time to see school started.

I'm gonna have to go to the office today for my attendance.

I didn't head back to school right away, as there was a pre-preparation policy for leaving the school for 2 weeks plus.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2:00pm

I head into my car and drive to school, heading into the main office to reinstate my attendance.

I turned 18 already, on the 24th of February. No one really knew except for Joshua, because he was my cousin and we ended up going out to a bar where he drank and I had coke.

Drinking isn't really for me.

"Hi, I'm Lucas Fields here for my attendance reinstatement", I say to the ladies who nod and motion for me to sit as I get the papers and fill them out myself.

I finished right when the bell indicated school was done, and retreated back to my car, eyes searching for pretty green eyes or the twins.

Soon I see the twins, and Natalie, all three conversing.

I stare at Natalie and get a feeling in my stomach.

Butterflies with a sensation of home.

God, I missed her so much. But the distance was needed.

Her eyes soon meet mine and match my burning gaze as all three head over.

"My man, when did you get back?", Jayden says greeting me with a handshake, and pulling me in for a hug.

"Yesterday."

I look at Jasmine who gives me a hug and I kiss her cheek.

"Got your attendance papers?", my home says softly.

"Yeah, I'll be back tomorrow. I spent the day at at the agency.  I need to show you guys something."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
BlackLight

"What is it?", Jasmine asks as the four of us head into The Core of BlackLight and into the tech wing where I see Raven working on the upgraded technology.

Raven looks up and puts her glasses down heading to us.

"We got a new shipment of technology and materials from China", she explains as she walks to the clear table and all of us huddle around.

"The technology is incredible, something H.E.X.A doesn't have and can't steal because it's only in our factories in China. This is the perfect weapon to use against them and catch them in the act of hacking and stealing confidential information from us."

"Are you sure it's enough, Raven?", Natalie responds, brown furrowing.

"Well, with brand new technology, a strategized plan and our trained agents, I think we have a pretty good chance at getting out of this mission with an A+."

Raven continues, brunette ponytail moving. "This mission affects BlackLight as a family, because H.E.X.A will now use our materials to cause harm and the after effects will be blamed on us."

"The equipment looks great, but you are talking as if we are preparing for a nearby attack", Jayden speaks, dark eyes examining the steel machinery in front of us.

"Natalie", Raven says, looking at Natalie.

My brows furrow.

What does she mean by "Natalie?"

Just then Natalie clears her throat.

"Uhm, I got a phone ca- more like video call from H.E.X.A ."

"What? When?" My voice blurts out immediately after, not being given the chance to process her words.

"Yesterday, before you came. It was their Boss, and she called me to warn me."

"Warn you of what, Nati?", Jasmine asks.

"She says they will attack, and to stay vigilant."

"What? That could mean anytime we need to be prepared."

"What else did she say?", I ask, pressing on this topic.

"She seemed..insecure to be honest", she sighs. "She's using our hard work to benefit her and now wants to almost go to war between two agencies for our OWN research. "

"That's child's act. We can defeat them easily", Jayden speaks.

Natalie's eyes go serious. "That's what I thought, but I think they want more than our work. They want all of the good parts of our agencies to benefit theirs."

I understand her quickly. "So you're saying they will fight hard,  meaning we may need to prepare for a war when it could just be a battle.  And that's if we train well."

She gulps and nods.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
5:00pm

We finish our meeting, calling Boss and keeping him up to date.

I'll need to meet him soon.

I linger at the agency, catching up with Jayden when I see her figure move through my peripheral.

Jayden notices my focus. "Go talk to her, man. She's been a bit stressed with this mission."

I nod, a little concerned for her.

I head to her, as she rubs her hands over her face.

"Hey", I say removing her hands from her face with my own hands.

The gesture surprises us both, her eyes widening a bit.

I let go feeling self- conscience. "You alright?"

"Yeah, tired."

I notice her eyes, which are a little more darker than before but don't look too bad.

Probably covered  by  concealer.

"Why don't you go take a nap?"

She sighs. "No, I can't. I have homework then training-"

"Take a nap first. You will feel better then", I rub her shoulders with my hands.

She closes her eyes and shakes her head, her head almost falling on my chest but she catches herself.

Wish she didn't.

"Come on, Natalie. Let me take you home."

She shakes her head. "No iss okay."

The way she says it tugs at my heart.

Her eyes then land on both of my hands.

"When did you get tattoos?"

I look down at my hands, each knuckle covered by meaningful black ink.

"I went to our agency in Beijing, met a guy there who worked part-time at a tattoo store. We became friends and he did them for me", I responded voice low and quiet.

I watch her eyes as they gaze over my tattoos with a gleam of....fondness?

Did she like tattoos?

I'll have to get more then.

I push her shoulders towards me, inching her closer.

"Don't tire yourself out with all this."

She lifts her head to me and I can tell she's tired.

"You can't say that. You can't say that when you left for three weeks and weren't here to see me handle home, school, and this agency. And the fact that-"

She stops mid-sentence.

"That what?"

She shakes her head.

"No tell me."

"Natalie", I gently urge her to speak but she shakes her head and leaves my grasp to grab her bag.

"I'm fine. I'm prepared for hardships like these."

She slings the backpack over her bag, and it reminds me of how much baggage spies like us carry.

Our life and  profession is in secrecy, and we don't trust just anyone.

Heck, some of us don't even trust at all.

This mission hit home for Natalie, I realize.

Her Boss, Matthew, then her school, it's like they want to release her identity.

I feel my body freeze in realization.

Identity.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Authors Note: I'm so excited for the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317K 11K 36
" I want to kiss you." His eyes widened as you got away a little, but still close enough. You kept staring at him as he was doing the same. Too stun...
135K 2.3K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
2.4M 45.6K 34
"You're going to pay for that." I whispered to her, making sure to graze my mouth across the spot that makes her breath hitch. When I saw her remain...
449K 17.7K 43
Highest ranked- #10 in action 2/16/2017 A promotion. That's all I wanted. I didn't want to run for my life. I didn't want to be kidnapped...