Chain || Mark Lee

By mochi729

"If you continue to complain I'll either kiss you or kill you" Gang/Mafia AU Mark Lee X OC Min Yeonmi finds h... More

Chapter One:Pocky
Chapter Two:Lies
Chapter Three:Truths
Chapter 4:Found
Chapter 5:Understand
Chapter 6:No Choice
Chapter 7:Inspection
Chapter 8:Let's Talk
Chapter 9:Brother Problems
Chapter 10:Moving In
Chapter 11:First Mission
Chapter 12:Code Red
Chapter 13:Boy
Chapter 14:Side Effects
Chapter 15:Confusion
Chapter 16:Think Fast
Chapter 17:Irregular
Chapter 18:Caught in a Lie
Chapter 19:Out of Love
Chapyer 20:Bye My First
Chapter 21:Oh My God
Chapter 22:Danger
Chapter 23:I'm Fine
Chapter 24:Oh
Chapter 25:Different
Chaoter 27:Family is Everything
Chapter 28:Promise
Chapter 29:Surprises
Chapter 30:Calm Down
Chapter 31:Problems
Chapter 32:No Way
Chapter 32.5:Finally
Chapter 33:Seriously?
Chapter 34:History
Chapter 35:Truth Untold
Chapter 36:But
Chapter 37:Backup
Chapter 38:Gameplan
Chapter 39:Back Door
Chapter 40:Final Round
Epilogue 1:All I Need
Epilogue 2:Lucky
Epilogue 3:Together
Epilogue 4:Dream

Chapter 26:What Comes Around

12.5K 418 938
By mochi729

Yeonmi woke up the next morning, feeling a bit confused. It was an easy but difficult concept. Mark was the one holding back, and she had been the one pushing forward; now it was just messed up. She had pushed and suddenly he pushed as well. Then when he pushed again she wanted to hold back.

Before even doing anything else, Yeonmi grabbed her pillow and held it over her face. There she just screamed into the pillow. She had control for once, and he took it back over.

He's such a megalomaniac. I made him weak once then he took revenge twice. Stupid stupid Mark. Malo? Malo is Mark, what am I even saying?

Yeonmi sat up in bed, and looked to the clock; it was 8:27. She smirked to herself, Mark wouldn't be awake. Her plan was simple and daring. After whatever happened last night, she needed a little revenge.

No, she wasn't getting back at him for getting extremely close to her, exposing her back, and kissing her bare shoulder. That's not what the revenge was for. At least that's what Yeonmi told herself. Her revenge was for her cut up hoodie because that was totally the only reason why.

Yeonmi got out of bed and went through the bathroom, and straight into Mark's room. There he was, her victim just laying there completely clueless to what was to come. For her to pull this off, she would need to be somewhat drunk, but since it was the morning the drowsiness was the same thing.

Her feet moved lightly across the ground, heading closer and closer to the bed. She took a deep breath before processing what she was about to do. Yeonmi climbed into the bed and onto Mark's body. She straddled over him and leaned her body forward where she put her hands on either side of Mark's head.

"Mark, it's time to wake up."She whispered into his ear.

Mark stirred around for a second, but continued to sleep. This time Yeonmi needed a definite way to wake him up. She stayed by his ear and lightly nibbled at it. That, that woke him up.

At first the lights blinded him, but soon his vision was clear and he realized who was on top of him. He pushed her away from his ear, but Yeonmi was still on top.

"Wakey wakey,"she giggled.

"Min Yeonmi, it's too early for you to be messing around."He groaned as he tried to get up.

"It was too late last night, that didn't stop you."She tells him as she pushes him right back down.

"Yeonmi, get off."Mark demanded, he was serious, "or else."

"Or else what?"Yeonmi laughed.

Mark wasn't having it. Her position already made him crazy, her talking back only made it worse. It was too early for him to be that side of malo, but she was practically asking for it.

If this is the game she's trying to play, he was gonna try and play it better.

Mark forcefully sat up. He grabbed Yeonmi's shoulders and flipped her back onto the bed. The blanket fell onto the floor. He pinned her arms at the sides of her face and placed a leg in between her legs. The tables had turned, and Mark had full control. He was still shaking off the sleep, but he knew what he was doing.

"Listen to me next time."Mark scolded, "you're lucky I'm tired and in a decent mood."

After his words Mark got off of Yeonmi and sat at the edge of his bed. Yeonmi laid there for a second longer, processing what just happened. She sat up and looked at him, then almost instantly looked away.

Damn it. I really didn't think this through.

Being the boy that he is, Mark slept in sweatpants and no shirt. He just sat there, shaking off the sleep, trying to keep himself awake. It was a dangerous scene, so Yeonmi stared away; and Mark knew it. He soon stood up and picked up the blanket on the ground. Mark folded it before placing it back onto his bed.

"Go back to your room and get ready for the day."Mark tells her, "before I actually get dangerous," he says in a darker and raspier voice.

Yeonmi just got up and left, her face flushed red. She had to stop being reckless, it would only come back and wreck her. Today they'd be spending the whole day around one another

Taeyong had both of them help out Taeil at Seasons. They would arrive there early to clean, set up tables, check inventory, buy more supplies if needed, and then spend the night there serving drinks and being security.

All of them had a uniform for Seasons, black pants and a short sleeve button up shirt. Yeonmi, however, had a different top; her's being a black cropped halter top. They all had neo-green name tags, and all of them were required to have their gun on them at all times. Yeonmi got dressed and brought a light jacket with her, it was late March, the weather could change up on her anytime of the day.

Mark remained in his room, just standing still, not moving at all. It was early in the morning, and he was already frustrated with himself. He just encountered possibly the most dangerous situation he had ever been in, in the morning. Mark then started pacing around his room.

He was stressed out of his mind. He knew she was just playing games, she didn't actually like him. Right? She was just messing around because that's what Yeonmi does. Mark ran a hand through his black hair, just trying to keep himself under control.

If I went malo I would've actually-, AH SHUT UP BRAIN!

In the end Mark began doing squats to keep him distracted.(If you got that reference I love you with all my heart-Celine) After a few minutes, Mark got dressed for the day. He didn't know if he'd be able to survive the day. Especially after what he learned yesterday, he wasn't sure if he'd be able to act normal.

He soon left his room and entered Jaemin's room. He probably should've knocked, but it was already too late. Not like Jaemin was doing anything but sleeping anyways.

"Na Jaemin, wake up!"Mark went over and pushed the boy out of his bed.

"Ow!"Jaemin yelled before glaring at Mark.

He mumbled a few things like "this is why you're not my favorite" "this is why you can't ever date anyone" "you do this all the time, just wake me up like a normal person." regardless to say, Jaemin was annoyed.

"Get up, we're all helping out at Seasons today."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously, now get dressed."

"But I don't want to help at Seasons."

"Come on you know we don't really do much until it opens anyways. Plus, you can pick up Chenle and Jisung from school since Taeyong is busy."

"Wouldn't that be your job?"

"It would be, but you can have it if you want it."

"I thought you'd want it to get away from Yeonmi,"Jaemin says as he gets up to go change. "You've been avoiding her since the kidnapping."

Mark took a seat on Jaemin's bed, waiting for his brother to finish changing. He didn't know how to respond and just stayed silent. When Jaemin finished changing the two went into the kitchen and Jaemin started to make them coffee. Yeonmi came down a few minutes later, looking like a member of Red Velvet.

"Woah, Yeonmi, you can join Red Velvet with your visuals. You look so mature with your face and clothes."Jaemin compliments her, "hey do you want coffee?"

"As long as it doesn't taste like death, which means add milk and sugar."Yeonmi answered, last time Jaemin made her coffee it was his coffee of pure bitterness.

Mark turned his head to look at Yeonmi, and then instantly looked away. She was pretty, he couldn't say otherwise, but for some reason his heart was beating faster. At this rate, Mark was on the edge. He could fall into Yeonmi's temptations, or hold back until he was sure she was over Felix.

Yeonmi however was getting impatient. All of high school she always liked Mark, and he never liked her back. As much as she wanted him, she wasn't sure if she would be able to handle his sudden mood swings.

~~~

At last it was time for Seasons to open. A line had already formed outside, all they had to do was check ids; which was ironic because Jisung and Chenle were stationed there. Yeonmi stood behind the bar with Taeil as the other dream boys were stationed around the club.

The lights were low and dimmed down, with a few led lights on, and music blasting. It was the perfect setting for letting loose. An hour or so passed and everything was going smoothly. Taeil and Mark noticed a few people from other gangs enter, but it was normal.

Seasons was a popular amongst gangs, and everyone knew not to cause a scene in public. However, Mark tensed as he saw people that he didn't want to see.

They're not here to talk to her are they? Her supposed cousin isn't with them, it should be alright. Why am I even panicking, they come here a lot.

Mark watched them as they walked and found themselves a table in the paid section of the club. Renjun went over and charged them for the table before making his way over to Taeil. He whispered something to Taeil before handing him the cash.

"Mark,"he jumped at his sudden calling, "can you bring the trash out? It's full."Yeonmi tells him.

"Uh, yeah, no problem."He couldn't just disappear for a few minutes and leave Yeonmi unwatched when they were here. "Yeonmi, your makeup is getting messed up from the heat. You might want to touch up."Mark says before he leaves.

He knew she would go to the bathroom and fix her face, she always did. Mark left to take out the trash and Yeonmi went to the bathroom to fix her makeup. The day was going smoothly between them, until Yeonmi realized her makeup wasn't even messed up.

Seriously? He was just trying to mess with me again wasn't he? He's such a pain!

Yeonmi angrily left the bathroom and to the bar. Taeil already had a few drinks she needed to make, so she quickly started to make those before being able to roam around. When Mark came back Yeonmi watched his every move. She had a plan, although she wasn't sure how well it would work.

When she got the chance she left the bar and inched closer and closer to Mark. She got right next to him, and placed a hand on his arm. He turned around instantly and saw that it was her.

"Yeonmi, not now. Don't mess around here, not now."His tone was serious, but then again when wasn't he.

"So later?"She asked teasingly.

"Sure, later, whatever. We're at work in a public space, Yeonmi, be professional."Mark scolded,

Yeonmi backed away, but kissed him on the cheek before leaving. She looked back for a reaction, but there was none. Disappointed she just went back to work. At least from her efforts she knew he wasn't hating it, and that he would play along.

Mark was getting more and more suspicious. They were looking at Yeonmi every other minute, talking the next. They stayed in the paid section, drinking, and chatting amongst themselves. Eventually one of them got up, they were heading towards the bathroom, but Mark watched them anyway.

Yeonmi was at a safe distance away working at the bar, so he didn't have to worry about them bumping into each other. He averted his eyes for a minute, and that minute was all it took for something to go wrong.

Taeil asked Yeonmi to clean up a table. As she went over to the table someone had bumped into her. Yeonmi bowed to them first, and then bowed after.

"Oh sorry,"they said as they looked up, and then their eyes met with Yeonmi's.

"Do I know you?"Yeonmi asked, not even bothered by them bumping into her.

"Nope,"and that was it.

Yeonmi watched as they walked back to their table. She definitely met him before his eyes were too familiar for her not to know him. Yeonmi kept sneaking looks at them every other minute, watching their movement and behavior; on top of that she looked at the people with them.

Mark was quick to notice this. Everytime he went to look at Yeonmi, she was looking at the group of people; which made him annoyed for two reasons. One was because he didn't want her getting involved with them, and two was because she would usually be looking at him. As tiny as it was, he missed the attention being on him.

Just like Yeonmi had planned this morning, Mark plotted a little scheme he knew wouldn't end in generally the best way. His break was in five minutes, which means he could do whatever he wanted for the next fifteen minutes afterwards; including doing whatever he could to keep Yeonmi distracted.

His plan was to sit down at the bar in front of her and do anything he could to keep her attention on him. By anything, he meant anything. As soon as the five minutes were up he went straight to the bar and in front of Yeonmi. This threw Yeonmi off guard, she thought he wanted to keep a distance.

What is wrong with him today? He's so bipolar about everything.

Yeonmi decided to ignore him and continue her job at the bar, and occasionally glancing towards that one table. This clearly annoyed Mark, and he thought of a way that could possibly distract her. He unbuttoned a few buttons on his shirt and ruffled his hair, then all he had to do was wait until Yeonmi looked at him.

The instant she did, she took a gulp of nothing but air. Mark was sight for sure, she could no longer deny that. He asked her for a cold water, and she couldn't even speak; she just nodded her head and turned around. When Yeonmi gave him the water, she got a response that absolutely made her lose her mind.

"Thanks, baby,"Mark then winked at her.

What the hell is with him? One second he's pushing me away coldly, and now he's lighting me on fire with this. What do I do? Do I just play along or should I back away?

Of course she decided to play along. When the order for drinks became slow she went back over to him, wondering if he was actually going to play along again or not. She went in front of him, and turned his head to meet her eyes.

"What is with you today?"Yeonmi asked with a smirk.

"Careful, Taeil might be watching."Mark warned, "at home is when you can do the risky things."

"You're asking for it at his point, did something finally hit you in the head?"

Mark didn't answer, his face just got closer and closer to her's. They weren't going to kiss, that was obvious to both of them. It was more of just a moment of intensity, they were so close it was possible for them to kiss, but neither one of them were going to be making the move first.

Yeonmi knew it would just disappear afterwards and it would be for nothing. Mark knew if they did, her attention and flusteredness wouldn't last until those people left; and that was his main mission of these fifteen minutes. To his surprise, Yeonmi was the one to back away first, completely breaking the moment.

"Taeil might see, or even worse the others."Yeonmi tells him, and it was true. If the others saw they would start demanding answers, and in no way was she about to tell them she was half-seducing him into liking her; even if it was somewhat working.

The night was easy once those people left. Mark was able to relax and not worry about anything, and Yeonmi didn't have to worry about Mark getting her riled up; but when you think about it, it goes both ways. The night went smoothly, and they were all able to head home for dinner and to bed, at two in the morning

Jisung and Chenle were the ones most tired. Luckily it was early Saturday morning, so they didn't have to wake up for school. Everyone else basically went to sleep as well, except for Mark who decided to stay up to catch up on a drama he was watching. Yeonmi was especially tired, and fell asleep as soon as she was able to lay down in bed.

However, she awoke at four in the morning cursing her bladder system. Yeonmi went straight to the bathroom. The darkness consumed her eyesight, but the moonlight was bright enough for her to see without turning on the lights.

As she finished up and went to wash her hands she heard something. The noise was faint, practically nothing. Ignoring it she washed her hands, but then she heard it again. Yeonmi went to dry her hands on the towel by her door, and heard the sounds again. There was no doubt, she heard the noises.

Yeonmi waited before leaving the bathroom, listening harder and suddenly the noises became clearer, and sometimes the noises were words. Yeonmi gulped down air, suddenly nervous about what she was listening to.

"You're doing something to me."She heard Mark say, clearly at that, and it was then followed by an unholy groan.

She stayed to listen for a little longer, she had an assumption about what was going on, but for some reason she needed to be sure. Yeonmi inched closer and closer to Mark's door. The noises were still faint.

It wasn't long before Yeonmi held a hand over her mouth and backed away from the door. Maybe she pushed it too far today. She knew exactly what was going on, so why did she stay to listen? She knew what the noises were. She knew, and she should've just left because what she heard invaded her mind.

Mark had moaned her name.

||

Questions?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 15.1K 33
"i can literally suck all your blood and kill you right here right now." "do it pussy. no balls." a/n: i kinda hate this story too !SOME MATURE CONTE...
256K 10.9K 47
"๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™–๐™—๐™จ๐™ค๐™ก๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ช๐™›๐™›๐™š๐™ง๐™–๐™—๐™ก๐™š, ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ?" "๐™ค๐™ ๐™จ๐™๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™ช๐™ฅ, ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ข๐™š." When ga...
1.8M 103K 77
โ†ป Mafia/Gang au โ†ป"God you're the best thing that has happened to me I swear."
262K 6.2K 55
He was in a mafia gang, she was an innocent girl. When they cross paths, what would happen? โ€ขMafia/soulmate au. Highest ranking: #1 NCT !! (x5 and m...