Hell's 'gifts' (male reader x...

By Genuinenovelty

Being alone had its perks. You had silence and solitude. Calm and orderly environment. And SOOOO much free ti... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: awakening
Chapter 2: lustful encounter
Chapter 3: three intruders
Chapter 4: woman of sour tastes
Chapter 5: meeting an old friend
Chapter 6: departure
Chapter 7: truth revealed
Chapter 9: regret
Chapter 10: The *ahem* demon
Chapter 11: history and a curious angel
Chapter 12: illusions and memories
Chapter 13: awsomeness and advances
Chapter 14: heartbreak and a decision
Author note
Chapter 15: crash the wedding
Chapter 16: settling old debts
Chapter 17: rebirth vs retribution
Chapter 18: fixing mistakes
Chapter 19: comforting times
Chapter 20: demon's love (lemon)
Chapter 21: sleepin and fishin
Preview
Chapter 22: making it to port
Chapter 23: loyalty
Chapter 24: success
Chapter 25: sea shanties and memories
A confession
My choice
Rewrite
New story update

Chapter 8: the past

14.8K 254 287
By Genuinenovelty

(Just in advance the choice of harem may not be the best. I chose this because I tried others but this one fits the best. So forgive me if you don't agree with the choice.)

Y/n POV

"So how did you betray them y/n?" Jack asks me.

"It all began on the day my parents were murdered." I say to him. His eyes widened.

Flashback

I had recently found out that my mother and father were killed while I was away. I entered the house to see them covered in there own blood.

"MOM! DAD!" I screamed as I went to their side. I tried to wake them and help them. But their was nothing I could do. They were already dead before I arrived.

I called the police shortly after and they took them away.

During the funeral I was broken. The girls that I loved and my best friends were all there to support me. But as time went on I hid them my trouble. The emotion of revenge. It festered growing with each passing day.

However the girls noticed this and tried to help me. For a time they did. Revenge was none existent.

"Don't worry y/n. We are here for you. You don't have to be alone." One of said to me.

"Thank you Rias." I say to her. The others came to me and expressed their love and care for me. And I don't want to forget my best man Issei.

"Don't worry bro! Besides if we ever find those people we'll give 'em hell!" He says fist pumping the air.

"These people sounded like they were close to you." Jack says.

I smile to myself.

"Yes. They were. They helped me through a dark path. And for that I am forever grateful." I say.

Through next two years after that nothing much has really happened. Well until I proposed to them. They cried tears of happiness as they tackled me to the ground with cries of 'yes' and 'you don't know how long I waited for this.'

I was on cloud nine at the time. We planned the wedding and all that. It was going to be the greatest moment of our lives. But also the thoughts of revenge re-emerged. I had asked the FBI to look into the whereabouts of the people might be. That's was two years ago. Eventually I continued to plan for the wedding.

A few months after that it was the day before the wedding. We were all excited. I was happy. I couldn't wait.

Until I got a phone call. I picked it up and answered.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hello is this y/n l/n?" The voice asked.

"Yes it is." I reply back confused.

"Mr. l/n this is the FBI." The voice said making my eyes widen.

"We have found the location of the murderers of your parents. They are located not far nearby. We wanted to let you know because you want to see them brought to justice." He says. They were finally found. Those murderers were finally within reach after all this time.

"The only problem is that they are always on the move. They will disappear by noon of tomorrow." The agent says. He then a bids himself goodbye and hangs up.

So the murderers will disappear on the day of the wedding. I was left with two choices.

Forget revenge and marry the girls I love.

or

leave the girls and give my parents the peace they deserved by going after the thugs.

I was going to forget about the revenge until doubts came to my mind.

Would I be able to protect the girls and our children if the same came after us? Would I be able to live with myself if my parents never find the justice they deserved? Can I really make them happy? Do I even deserve them? All of these circled my mind.

Until eventually I made the decision. But before I left I called issei over to tell him. After some time he arrived.

"Hey y/n. What's up?" He asks me.

"Hey issei. I have news." I say to him.

"What is it?" He asks in curiosity.

"Just a little bit ago. I received a phone call. My parents murderers have been found."his eyes widen in shock.

"No way." He says. I nod my head.

"The only problem is. They will move and disappear tomorrow." I say lowering my head.

"But tomorrow is the day of the wedding! What will the girls think when you leave them for pointless revenge!?" Issei shouts.

"It's not pointless Issei! My parents can finally have the justice they deserve after all these years! Besides i don't think the girls will be happy if they are married to me." I retort. Issei remained speechless.

I took a deep breath.

"Listen. I don't deserve them. They deserve you Issei. Even though your perverted as hell. You have a much more pure heart than mine. You have to replace me. I'll leave at midnight. Please give them my letter. I can't face them for what I'm about to do." I say as I hand him the paper.

"There's no way I can stop you y/n. But please promise me that you be careful? I don't want to lose a bro like you. Besides who am I gonna find that's better than you? We are brothers for life y/n." He says as we do our hand shake.

He leaves with the letter as I get packed. I pack my clothes, my compass, my map, and my gun. Once I finish in killing the murderers I'll be wanted the authorities. But in the end I'll get my revenge and my parents will have their justice.

When night hit I got up and I got into the car and I drove off. Straight to the hideout. Once their I went inside fins blazing killing everyone insight. I was blinded by rage that I didn't care. All I wanted was revenge.

Then after all the carnage I saw the leader crawling away. I pinned them down and I interrogated them. That's when I learned about how my family was in debt so they performed criminal activities just so I could live a normal life.

They have done so much for me that I repaid with nothing. After that I killed the leader and I immediately left. The authorities were on their way. So I found a boat and I rode off into the ocean.

Flashback end

"That's when I eventually found this lighthouse and this town. I became the new lighthouse keeper and I settled down. Now you know my life story. What started as a young man grieving for his family to leaving those he cared about behind for vengeance." I say to jack.

"That's why I wanted to hide the truth behind the act of hating women and harems. Well I do dislike harems for a few reasons. But I didn't want anyone to hate me for what I've done." I say.

He looks at me wide eyed. I expected this type of reaction.

"I'm sorry for all the insults earlier. I never knew you had this much pain regret with ya." He says. I pat his back.

"Don't worry about Jack. I chose this path long ago. The only thing I have to worry about is what will happen when the girls finally find me?" I ask myself. Jack laughs a bit.

"Well your gonna die that's what. Well it's getting to sunrise. I should head back and prepare the bar. See you later y/n." He says getting up. Walk five each other a bro hug and he left back to town. Me on the other hand I went upstairs and back to sleep.

As I look at the sunrise I feel a emotion that I never thought I would experience again.

Contempt.

I feel at ease again. Now that the truth is spilled I can feel satisfied. But there was one more problem.

"You can stop hiding now. I know your there Lucifer." I say as she emerges from the shadows.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.6K 43
I aburtly stand from my bed when I heard my apartment door opening with a 'THUD' sound.I quickly run to the front room only to see a guy sucking a bl...
179K 1.9K 15
You weren't the best with ladies. Simply put, you couldn't talk to one even if it killed you. But when a Love Fairy ends up in your house, she was mo...
580K 19.4K 27
Why were all the so-called normal guys, a**holes? Why couldn't she find a decent guy. Was something wrong with her? She knew her days of youthfulness...
44.9K 718 18
Ever since that 'night', everything changed. You found out that you wield the power of the Grim Reaper, half of your classmates are Devils and on top...