Wildest Dreams | A James and...

By holly10121

Lily Evans declared that she would never love or even like James Potter, the arrogant, Quidditch playing bull... More

Character Profile: Lily Evans
Character Profile: James Potter
Character Profile: Sirius Black
Character Profile: Remus Lupin
Character Profile: Marlene McKinnon
Character Profile: Peter Pettigrew
Character Profile: Alice Prewett
Character Profile: Mary MacDonald
Face Claims
Chapter One - Mudbloods and Marauders
Chapter Two - Platform 9 & 3/4
Chapter Three - Truth or Dare
Chapter Four - Home Sweet Home
Chapter Five - An Interesting First Morning
Chapter Six - Predictions, Potions and Peeves
Chapter Seven - Friendships are Formed
Chapter Eight - Karaoke and Kisses
Chapter Nine - Girls Night and the First Full Moon
Chapter Ten - Quidditch, Quidditch, Quidditch
Chapter Eleven - Hogsmeade
Chapter Twelve - Realisations
Chapter Thirteen - Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw
Chapter Fourteen - Dreams
Chapter Fifteen - An Absolutely Hilarious Halloween
Chapter Seventeen - No Holding Back
Chapter Eighteen - No Love Lost
Chapter Nineteen - Just Talking
Chapter Twenty - Eighteen, Baby!
Chapter Twenty-One - Love Is In The Air
Chapter Twenty-Two - Violence
Chapter Twenty-Three - Revenge and Recovery
Chapter Twenty-Four - Better, Definitely Better, Right?
Chapter Twenty-Five - Close Call
Chapter Twenty-Six - Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Plans, Plans And More Plans
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff
Chapter Twenty-Nine - After the Afterparty
Chapter Thirty - Legends
Chapter Thirty-One - Letters
Chapter Thirty-Two - The Last Straw
Chapter Thirty-Three - Invitations
Chapter Thirty-Four - Shopping!
Chapter Thirty-Five - Bizarre
Q & A
Chapter Thirty-Six - Shock
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Slughorn's Christmas Party
Chapter Thirty-Eight - The Ball
Chapter Thirty-Nine - Never Let Me Go
Author's Note // The End

Chapter Sixteen - The Typical Halloween Hangover

1.9K 49 45
By holly10121

James:

I slowly regain consciousness, first realising myself and then realising the awful taste in my mouth, and the tense dryness of my throat. Ugh, another hangover? Merlin, I really hate this feeling! Honestly, I'm just relieved that we have hangover potion, because I really do wonder how muggles get along without it! I mean, I suppose that their alcohol would be a little bit weaker than ours, but still!

As I tentatively open my eyes, and brace myself for the blinding pain that is about to consume them, I hear a noise come from my right. After adjusting my eyes to the light (and you best believe that this took some amount of time!), I slip on my glasses that must have fallen off overnight and look to where the noise earlier came from.

I immediately snort with laughter at the hilarious sight that meets my eyes, the action provoking a splitting headache. With a slight grimace, I sneak another look and immediately am forced to stifle yet another fit of laughter. I see Padfoot, laying upside down on an armchair, his mouth wide open and drooling with a butterbeer in on hand and a Firewhiskey in the other. He's snoring loudly, the action making his entire body and in turn the armchair vibrate. To his right I see Moony, curled up into a little ball with a giant (and I mean giant!) bar of Honeydukes' best chocolate in between his arms, and he's cuddling it like it's a bloody teddy bear or something! I then see Wormtail, stretched out on a table, surrounded by various sweets and empty bottles. For the first time, I wonder where on Earth we are.

But first, I need to take some hangover potion, because otherwise there isn't a hope in hell that I would be able to figure out where we are! After a vague search with my tired eyes around the scattered room, I decide to just summon it. I feel my wand in my pocket (I always keep it on me - you never know when you might need to use it!) and say, my voice hoarse and dry, "Accio hangover potion!". My voice is barely louder than a whisper, but my spell works, and within a second I see a tiny vile flying towards me.

It falls with a thump into my open palm, and I carefully open it and take a delightful sip, relief immediately consuming me. I instantly feel better, lighter, and I can literally feel the dryness in my throat subsiding mostly, and my splitting headache quickly disappearing. Oh, this is glorious! What a relief! I blink one or two times, my vision clearing, and then take a refreshed look arpund this mysterious room. Hang on a minute, this room isn't mysterious at all! We're in the Gryffindor common room!

It's a complete and utter mess! There are knocked over pumpkin Halloween decorations everywhere, and some even have vomit in them! Ewwww! The streamers that me and the boys set up last night have half fallen down, and there are paper plates and beer cups everywhere! Also, the amount of bottles of Malicious Mead, butterbeer and Firewhiskey in this room is unbelievable! Ugh, and the smell! I gingerly stand up from the armchair I was sleeping in, and stand on a crisp. The crunch of that makes Moony stir slightly, but not completely wake up. I rub my eyes once again and run my hand through my unruly hair before thinking back to last night, and how I could have ended up in this position...

Pads and I are in the middle of the room, and Mar and Lils have just headed upstairs to bed. Ali and Frank are laying against the wall beside the fireplace, cuddled up together and all together looking very couple-y. Suddenly, one of the last songs of the night begins, and me and the boys begin to sing at the top of our lungs...

I want to break free
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied I don't need you
I've got to break free
God knows God knows I want to break free

I've fallen in love
I've fallen in love for the first time
And this time I know it's for real
I've fallen in love yeah
God knows God knows I've fallen in love

Marly just rolls her eyes at us, and slowly makes her way over to the staircase leading to the girls' dorms after giving Pads a good ol' snog. The boys and I continue loudly, knowing that there is a Silencing Charm placed over this room that means that even the other students in the dorms can't hear us. Some of the sixth years have joined us in screaming, while others have just contented themselves with dancing. We continue, and I just know that my voice is going to be sore tomorrow...

It's strange but it's true
I can't get over the way you love me like you do
But I have to be sure
When I walk out that door
Oh how I want to be free baby
Oh how I want to break free

But life still goes on
I can't get used to living without living without
Living without you by my side
I don't want to live alone hey
God knows got to make it on my own
So baby can't you see
I've got to break free

I want to break free yeah

I want I want I want I want to break free...

Oh, that was so much fun! After our dramatic finish, I feel myself beginning to lose consciousness and tire out, and make the quick decision to try and get up to the boys' dormitory before I pass out. However, my body and brain have other ideas. On my way to the staircase, I bump into an armchair and just fall straight into it, and everything goes black as my head stops spinning.

Oh, wow! That was quite some night! I'm still in my cowboy outfit (minus the sexy - I'm not exactly a morning person when I'm hungover!) and I probably look just as ridiculous as the three idiots laying among me. I chuckle to myself as I head up to their dorm, giving them a couple of more minutes to lay on before I come and inflict the pain and torture of getting up in the morning upon them!

I trip on my way into their dorm over some shoe that somebody (probably Padfoot) has left laying just in front of their door. I land face first on the floor, and have a small laugh at myself, just thinking about how stupid I probably look right now. I stand up, slightly sore from my fall but otherwise all right, and sneak a look in the mirror. Merlin, I look horrific!

I quickly avert my eyes from THAT hideous snight, and take a look at my watch. Ten a.m, that's quite good going! That will hopefully give me just about enough time to clean up the common room before the throng of students arrive downstairs heading down to enjoy their delicious Saturday morning breakfast! Also, I want it clean before a certain beautiful, red-headed Head Girl arrives downstairs, because I know Lily, and she would have a fit if she saw this mess!

I have a two second cold shower (it was horrible - I most certainly would not recomend!) because I don't want to waste valuable time waiting for the hot water to run, and then quickly pop on a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a quarter-zip long sleeved sports top. I then rush downstairs after once again running my hand through my dark hair (I used to do it to show off, but now it's more of a stress-fuelled habit!) and slipping a pair of trainers on over my socks. When I arrive at the common room, I am relieved to see that there is nobody there yet.

I walk over to the Maraders, and as I do I see Moony begin to stir,and then he yawns loudly, which is a sure fire sign that he is waking up. I quickly look around the Gryffindor common room again, but from a different angle from before, and I see that there are a lot more students laying passed out in here than I initially had realised. Right, this calls for a major move...

I transfigure a cushion into a megaphone and begin to holler down it, praying that the Silencing Charm hat was placed on this room last night hasn't worn off yet. "Everybody! Up! Now!" I shout down it, and immediately I see everyone in the room begin to slowly wake up, with much groaning and grumbling. I do have to stifle one or two laughs at the sight of them! There are a couple of sixth years who are stumbling around the common room, having just woke up, and I see Padfoot wince and then glare at me.

Wormtail slowly begins to wake up, and I pass him the hangover potion which he immediately takes a huge sip of. Moony lets out a loud yawn, and clutches his head, and you can easily tell that he is nursing a really horrible headache. Wormtail chucks the small vile of hangover potion at him, which lands in his lap. He takes a sip and you can immediately see some colour return to his tired face. Luckily, the Full Moon was a week or two ago, so Moony is probably at his best right around now. Now, it's time to take a look at the idiot that I call my best friend and brother...

Padfoot is moaning and groaning loudly, yanking at his usually beautifully done hair and blinking his grey eyes rapidly. Moony throws the hangover potion to him, and he brings the vile to his lips and chugs it. Oh, for fuck sake Padfoot! Now I'm going to need to get a new one! He shakes his head, and stands up, beginning to walk upstairs. I decide to do the mature thing by letting them go upstairs to get changed while I get rid of everyone else in the Gryffindor common room and tidy it up.

After I shepherd the remaining sixth years, along with a groggy Frank and Alice out of the common room, I grab my wand and begin to perform some simple cleaning spells that my mother insisted that I learn a couple of summers ago. I vanish the empty bottles and plates and cups, and get rid of the Halloween streamers and decorations, and as I begin to finish up, Mar, Marly and Lily come down stairs, looking a little bit tired.

Not too long ago, Padfoot taught Lily how to make hangover potion, so now we don't need to buy it in Hogsmeade! Also, it means that the girls no longer need to ask us for some of ours, because they have their own supply in abundance, thanks to Lily's incredible Potions skills.

"Morning!" I call out to the girls, and they all smile at me and say it back cheerfully. "Here, James, do you need any help clearing up?" Lily asks, stepping over to me. There isn't much mess left, so I shake my head and say, "No, it's fine! You all go down to breakfast!". Lily's dazzling smile grows even more at this, and it just makes me so happy seeing her happy, you know? The girls all head out of the portrait hole and down to breakfast while I do the last of the tidying. I take a seat at one of the armchairs and only have to wait for a minute or two before the boys come down.

I stand up when they appear and together we all head down to breakfast. It's a simple enough affair, and I enjoy my regular after-partying breakfast; a full English fry. Hmmmmm...that tastes so good! I eat my streaky bacon eagerly, and then enjoy my crispy hash browns with baked beans before eating my sausages. Ugh, I could eat this forever and never get sick of it!

During breakfast, we basically just make idle chit chat, mostly talking about the party and the Karaoke and the costumes that all made a big appearance last night. We all burst out laughing at something Marly says, and I take a look down at my nearly empty breakfast plate. As I look back up however, I see Snivelly Snape and Bellatrix Black glaring right at me, and I wonder what has their knickers in a twist. I then spot Snape sneak a small look at Lily before turning back to face Avery.

Hmmmm...I wonder what all that is about?

A/N - Sorry about the late update! I was away for a couple of days but now I'm back, and there are some really big chapters coming up!

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

728K 22.1K 50
𝚂𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 "𝚞𝚜" '𝙲𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:...
581K 27.6K 35
Bex Dumbledore, back again for another year at Hogwarts is faced with many challenges. Juggling a relationship, N.E.W.T.s, friends, as well as new po...
157K 5.3K 17
in which a girl named for the stars falls in love with someone with a smile incomparable to any star in existence - [hp] [marauders era, sixth year] ...
151K 3.7K 59
"What's the difference between me saying yes to Potter and you to Black?" "Easy. Potter is in actual love with you, but-" "But?" "To Sirius I'm jus...