BEING YOURS

Bởi mhyz-serena

~Sequel to Let Me Be Yours~ Let's join Amira and Ali in their journey of adventure, forgiveness, finding love... Xem Thêm

CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHARTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY -EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FOURTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
EPILOGUE
HELLO
B. Y. ... BYE 👋

CHAPTER ONE

9.7K 419 31
Bởi mhyz-serena

He parked his car by the doorway and alighted, passing the key to the driver for proper parking.

"Get everything in the car to my room." He said as he climbed up the perron stairs and into the house.

He was welcomed by a delightful atmosphere of incense which went through his nasals and mellowed out his excited nerves. His fuming head eased off and he reached the sitting room, used his toes to take off his shoes and left his legs in socks, then consecutively loosed his necktie and rolled up his sleeves.

The cleaners did a great job today. He thought to himself.

He'd had an exhausting week to understate, he's suspended indefinitely from work because of AWOL, he'd have petitioned to be pardoned but he really needs a break. To get habituated with how his life's going to be.

He'd have to move in completely now and he's not even certain when Amira's coming back home, it's been five days since he came to KD.

And it's a season of increased production in the company, the demands have been shooting up and so was the workload. Umar asked to be left to it but he hated it when he's idle, he'd rather overwork than underwork.

He made a mental list of what he had to pull off before the next day and headed to the kitchen for a cup of espresso.

What he met was never to have crossed his mind not in the last five days. He's lodged to his spot by the threshold and stared at the shock of the moment.

Am I dreaming?!

He closed his eyes and shook his head dramatically, maybe the exhaustion was taking the better of him.

He then took a step forward and granted himself his sight back just to realise it wasn't an illusion after all.

He took his legs back a couple steps then stared ahead, his face a mask of insensibility.

Was she to have come today? But she didn't mention she would.

He looked over his shoulder to the sitting room past the dining area. Everything seems normal, did the maids clean up or did she? Why didn't Lawrence mention she's back?

He then turned around to see her staring at him. His heart almost broke out of his chest at the immediacy but he remained unruffled and kept his eyes fixed on her just as she did.

She's staring at him with a capricious look and if he wasn't the tough-skinned trooper he was, that swart face was enough to get his knees wobbly.

None of them said anything but just gaze, a desolate, inane stare.

She broke their vain little review session as she turned around to the stove and switched it off then poured the boiled water into a bowl of dissolved custard powder, steering it until viscous then added powdered milk and sugar.

She then took the dessert plate with a slice of yellow butter cake and walked out on him, leaving only a zephyr of her rosy perfume and not sparing him another glance whatsoever.

He closed his eyes and sucked in a long breath. She is back.

* * *

She woke up the next morning to the dazzling rays of the sun. The morning was calm and generous and the sun scorching to the feel.

She rolled around on her bed still feeling sleepy, shut her eyes with the intention of going back to sleep but a thought projected her eyes wide open and cleared up her somnolence.

She darted to a seated position and fumbled for her phone on the bed as it wasn't on the drawer. She found it covered in the sheets and checked the time.

Her eyeballs almost fell off their sockets and jaws hung on the floor as she read the clock.

7:24!

She fired out of the bed, into the closet and then the bathroom. Had a quick shower, did her essentials and came out to the closet. She's on her flow which was why she didn't wake up early and forgot completely to put an alarm.

After applying her lotion, she moisturized her face, concealed, dabbed a little powder, brushed her brows, kohl-ed, applied some bronzer and then a nude lipstick. She went to one of the various closet stands and slid the glass door aside, took out a champagne bat-sleeve maxi gown with white details around the neck then paired it with a black veil, handbag, watch and earrings.

All in all, she's done by eight-thirty and exited her room, walked through the corridor and down the stairs, her wedge heel making thumping sounds as she hurried down.

She came out of the building and was greeted by the blinding sunlight, she put on her shades as she's already in contacts and looked around for her driver.

The compound was exceptionally massive, the driveway elegant and natural, lined up with well-trimmed flowers and shrubs, the roundabout green and earthy in the middle of it.

The security room was at the far end of the building attached to the front wall and to the right and left was both parking spaces.

Ali has a flair for cars although he isn't the only one using them all, she saw her car parked beside one of his BMWs and her face frowned.

Don't blame them, you never mentioned you're coming home yesterday so they won't even remember to come take you to school. Her subconscious whispered and a sigh escaped her lips as she took her phone from her bag to call her driver.

She never had the intention of coming back the day before but she couldn't handle the mudslinging cast on her from her nose-poking aunts and stepsiblings, her mom dragooning her to go home to Jos as her father and elder siblings had been ranting about her never visiting since she got married and that she's forsaken them because she's married to a rich man.

Nonsensical lunatic psychotic out-of-all-reason ideologies of boneheaded morons.

The issue of her going to Jos her mum knows is as good as none, but the reason she left was one more talk from any of those irritating elements who claim they know all and nothing less, shit, even her grandmother was trying to register herself on her red book. She wouldn't want to do something spiteful of her own self that's why she left them quietly.

If she hadn't agreed to come back together with her husband and insisted on a divorce, they'll all be; how can you be so heartless? This guy's apologised, he's sorry for what he did and you're still trying to get divorced from him? It's unislamic. Be patient with him, he's your husband, things like that happen, you're being stubborn that's why he did what he did, go and apologise.

But now that he came and apologised, she's agreed to come home with him, they're all like; that man is very stupid, how can he insult you like that and shamelessly ask you to forgive him? And you did! How irrational is that?! If it's someone else now, you'd have brought hell to earth just for shouting at you but see how you effortlessly agreed to go back after a public humiliation. If someone says something now you'll say you aren't after his money. Can you imagine?

Only she knows how much patience she pulled together to pull through all those toxic idiosyncrasies and before she flipped to a side of her she tries hard to keep stashed away, she kept a great distance between them.

"Salaamun alaikum Hajiya, good morning." Her driver, Mallam Nasiru, said in his heavy Hausa accent.

"Wa alaikas-salaam, Mallam Nasiru, morning. Where are you?" She cut to the chase.

"Erm Hajiya, wallahi erm..."

"What is it?"

"Alhaji ya sallame ni Hajiya. (Sir has fired me.)"

"What? Why?" Her nose crinkled.

"Erm, what happened two weeks ago Hajiya,"

"Because I told you to let me go home by myself?"

"E Hajiya."

"How dare..." She trailed off, frowning. Just who does Ali think he is fi sabilillahi?

"Okay Mallam Nasiru, I'll get back to you in shaa Allah."

"Toh Hajiya, na gode Allah saka da alkhairi. (Thank you and may God bless you.)"

"Amin amin, sai anjima." She got off the call and went down the stairs, she came face to face with the gardener as he's watering the flowers.

He greeted her when their eyes met and she answered but didn't call his name because she's forgotten which one it is.

Two weeks and I'm already forgetting names. "Where's Lawrence?"

"He took Oga to work earlier."

Amira felt like melting to water. "Where did he keep my car keys?"

"I really don't know where he keeps them but I can get you the Ford or BMW's, Oga asked me to wash them yesterday."

"Please do."

"Which?"

"The fancier one." She answered with a snide glint, he dropped the kettle and jogged away while she sought a shade under the umbrella tree in the driveway.

He came back about two minutes later and gave her the key to the BMW, she thanked him before heading to where it's parked, a quirky smile on her face.

Today's gonna be lit.

* * *

The lecturer was already in the class when she arrived at the lecture hall. She checked her watch and it's only seven minutes after nine.

Just seven minutes late.

She boldly stood by the door to make her presence known, wearing a neutral air and slipping off her shades.

The murmurs that erupted in the room and eyes cast to her direction was known but ignored as she kept her own eyes on the lecturer who's on the podium.

"How may I help you?" The lecturer questioned cynically.

"I'm sorry I'm late but I'm for the class."

He sized her up and she kept her eyes on him too. Why are some people shameless?

"Come in." He motioned with his head by a slight tilt of it.

She stepped in, her handbag hanging from her arm and ambled to the mid row, stopping by a seat with a single occupant.

"You alone?" She asked the fair, slim guy she recognised as Praise with a small smile.

"Yeah." He smiled back and adjusted his books while she lowered casually, still ignoring the stares and murmuring going on.

The lecturer cleared his throat and the noise subsided, attentions turned to him while he carried on with his class.

She brought out her handbook and a jotter and gave the lecturer her unfaltering attention.

The class lasted for two hours before the lecturer left after reminding them of their upcoming exams.

Immediately he's gone, her seat was surrounded by the little friends she had in that school and some she wasn't quite friends with, anyhow, she's nice to everyone who was nice to her.

"You see how you're glowing kuwa?" One of them, Larai, said checking on her outfit.

"I swear, wetin happen now? Why you no come school?" Another one, Aisha, asked.

These are the gossip mongers. She thought, putting on a small smile.

"The HOD said you took a leave because your father was sick, how's he feeling?" Hafiz, the assistant class rep asked.

"Alhamdulillah, he's fine now."

They chatted for a while before she excused herself to go to Fatima. She knew they all wanted to ask her about the incident with Ali but none was brazen enough to. Maybe because she's never really given them the opportunity to ask her about her personal life. In all her friends, only Amir and Bahira do that.

And about Fatima, that girl was surely going to get it from her.

She met her at the department's cafeteria just as was her routine. Luckily, she's alone but seemed she wasn't earlier because there's a half-finished plate of rice on the table.

Her eyes widened at Amira's presence and Amira smiled at her, drew back the chair and sat down, placing her bag on the table then crossed her legs and folded her arms, not shifting her look from the lady.

"Sarauniyar Yola. Har kin dawo? I heard your father's ill, ya jikin nasa?"

"Alhamdulillah. He's feeling better."

"I didn't expect you'd be back this early, see how you're shining."

"Of course you wouldn't expect me to be back."

Her mouth went agape at her tone which switched to an accusatory one. "What do you mean?"

"C'mon Fatimatu, you know what I mean."

"I don't_"

"I never thought you'd do something like that, what would you achieve by doing so?"

"Ban gane me kike nufi ba."

"You made that clip, and released it." She dictated, turning her face to a dareful one.

"What clip?" The lady proved ignorant.

"Of course you won't know what clip I'm talking about but I'm not here to play with you. I never really wanted to believe it but just as you have eyes and ears, everyone else does and believe me, mine are wider than yours."

She scoffed and twitched her lips to a side scornfully.

Amira slipped her phone between her fingers and swiped a couple of times. "Your cousin, was Ali's ex-wife. Prove me wrong." She turned the screen to Fatima and her eyes popped out in shock.

She faced Amira and her features hardened.

Amira brought back her phone and looked at the picture. It's taken in an exquisite room she didn't care whose it was, Fatima and Asiyah were seated on the bed, beaming at the camera. "The pic is so cute."

"You really think you can scare me?"

Amira laughed, shaking her head. "You really think you can ruin my reputation or break my marriage?"

Fatima hissed, pushing back her shoulders. "Are you scared?"

"Pff, she who's talking about fear is the scared one."

"Amina everyone knows what your marriage is like, suffering always from physical abuse."

"Really? Was that what your cousin went through?" She raised a brow.

"Ya isa ya daga hannu ya duki Asiyah aka gaya maki?"

"Amma ya isa ya sake ta."

She chuckled. "Kin fi karfin ya sake ki ne?"

"Glad to burst your bubble, we still together."

"Men aren't dependable, believe me your marriage is counting to its last."

"I say, you know the unforeseen don't you?"

"With an abuser like yours, trust to end up just as Asiyah did. He'll dump you and get another one."

"My husband isn't like yours Fatima, he doesn't go around sleeping with girls and doesn't even respect you enough to hide it from you, you can't even do anything about it? How pitiable is that?"

"Every man is like that. Who knows how many yours have been with?"

"One thing I can promise you is he won't even go for low-class girls so rest assured he won't come for you."

"You're so full of yourself, aren't you?" She fumed.

"Any who gets to see that part of me sure has put himself in some serious shit."

"I never knew you're stupid, believe me, your marriage with the Yarima won't last."

"And believe me not even your grandfather is up to the level of breaking my marriage."

"Sannu."

"Look, you had the clip, your mission was successful it's gone viral, you sparked up rumours but lemme tell you this, it only worked in my favour, I've become a star now. My husband pets me like a little baby, everyone around me is defending me and my husband. My marriage made me recognised but your clip only made me more known, like, I gain attention everywhere I go, girl, you have no idea how much you put my life back on track by this act of yours, I must commend."

The lady hissed and turned her face away.

"But keep the fame aside, pleasing to your hearance, what you did vexed me. It annoyed me greatly and just because I'm really in a good mood is why I'll let you go free. But mark my word, this should be the last time you or anyone close to you tries to get in my affairs cos by the One in whose hands my soul is, you'll regret it."

"Are you threatening me?"

"It's proving to you that the fear in your heart should be there anytime something has to do with me."

"Who do you take yourself as?"

"Someone far above you."

"What does a life where you live in luxury but can't get your husband's attention mean?"

"Alhamdulillah I do have his money, and you? You don't have it, and neither do you have his attention."

The girl's face turned red-hot and Amira knew she pressed the right button.

"Be careful, I have eyes wider than you think. I might use glasses, but my sixth sense is one you'll never obtain." She stood up and brushed her dress. "My regards to your cousin."

And with that, she left Fatima with a burning heart.

After the last class for the day, she went to the HOD to report for her resumption.

"You resumed earlier." The HOD said.

"Yes, my father convalesced quickly and I thought I've been missing too many classes."

"Well hope he recovers fully and you should better catch up on what you've missed, the exams might be preponed."

"Okay Sir."

She left and headed for home.

* * *

"It's getting late Ali. You should go home."

"I just have to go through the reports, I'll be done in no time."

"It's 9:40."

"Don't worry, just go home."

"You know your father's conditions are indispensable, you can't risk it now that your wife's already back." Khalil reasoned.

"She doesn't know about it, she won't even care."

Umar huffed. "Well he would. You know for sure he has eyes on you."

"Well then don't tell him. It's just for today."

"He didn't ask me to keep track of you." Umar said, gaining the eye from Ali.

"He didn't?"

He shook his head. "Nope."

Ali turned to Khalil and he did the same.

"If it wasn't you then, who?"

"I promise I have no idea." Khalil waved off.

If they weren't the ones, who then was asked to keep eyes on me?

* * *

Ali drew in a long breath before walking into the house.

The air was laced with a sweet aroma of something delicious and the usual turaren wuta which was custom to anytime she's home. Honestly, he missed it.

The entryway was dim and he walked stealthily, aiming for the staircase but as he approached, he noticed the light in the dining room was still on.

He turned to have a look and almost jumped out of his skin. What the hell is she doing?

She rose up from her seat and ambled leisurely to where he's standing, taking her majestic time and self-assured of her next step.

"Thirty-six minutes late." She said, stepping towards him with her arms behind her. She stood right in front of him, fixing their eyes. "What'd you think your father will think of this?"

Ali closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Is she the one Dad asked to keep eyes on me?

"Why do you always like to put yourself in trouble? Huh?"

"I don't get you."

"You come back home latest ten pm. Your father was terse about that. Didn't you give him your word?" Her voice was a whisper as she spoke, a deliberate one.

"You're asked to stalk me?"

She chuckled and rubbed the bridge of her nose. "Why would I stalk your ass?"

"Then how comes you know about my dad's condition? I don't remember mentioning it to you." The fluster in him was vivid.

"Don't be silly. Well I think my father-in-law doesn't like to go much into details. 'His' conditions, are my conditions. I realized you only care and take serious what your father said, he asked me what I'd want and I told him. Then he told you."

"You mean, everything dad listed were your wishes?"

"POC, my rights."

"Your rights?" He asked incredulously.

"Ali, I told you. I'm not the Amira you knew before. I let you have your way and you mistook it. Now it's high time I have my way."

"What's going on in that brain of yours?"

"A whole lot Sweetheat, a lot of things I keep to myself."

He zeroed his eyes on her, his brows waggled.

"I'll let this sly, just this once. I promise you won't want this to reach your father. You come back home before ten pm and I mean it. You'll pack in completely, and when you're leaving town, I know when you leave, how long you'll stay away and when you're coming back. I ain't taking shit no more. And from now on, I make the rules and you obey. You once asked me why I don't use my tactics anymore, well it's because I thought we were past that stage, you proved me wrong. So here we are," She flew her arms in the air. "Back to square one." A quirky smile displayed her teeth.

Ali brought his hands to his face and rubbed on it up to his short hair. What have you gotten yourself into man?

"C'mon baby, you look exhausted." She held his hand and pulled him along towards the dining room. "I made you dinner."

He clipped to his spot at that and she swirled over with a questioning look.

Made dinner?

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"You made dinner?"

"What's wrong with that?"

He took two steps backwards and she frowned.

Shaking his head, he said. "I'm not hungry."

Her frown deepened and she made a badgering sound at the back of her throat.

"Wait when the hell did we even_"

"Don't you think I've had enough of this nonsense?" She laid him off.

"Amira,"

"Just shut it!" She yelled heatedly and immediately rebuked herself for that. She took a few steps away from him and drew in good amounts of air to placate herself.

When she believed to be in a proper state of mind, she went back to where he stood, standing before him, way down but the look on her face menacing.

"I didn't ask if you're hungry or not, even if you're overfed, you eat what I prepare for you. And that's how things are going to be from now on, so if you know you don't wanna be a gormandizer, you better not eat what I didn't serve you, I'm your wife and cooking for you is a duty I gave to myself and I won't take you rebuffing that."

"Why are you doing this?"

"You said we live as strangers, do strangers meddle in each other's lives?"

"We can't hide the fact that we're still married. Though nothing obscene should ever come between us, for the meantime till your father is utterly over his grudge, you and I will continue to abide by our duties and keep it ace."

He chuckled in derision. "You're fucking kidding me, aren't you?"

"I ain't engaging in no raunchy act with you." She grimaced.

"Let's not go there."

"Ever."

"You bullshitting me?"

"You did that for seven months straight."

"I don't agree to this."

"Do you think you have a choice?"

"Hell I do."

"Which is?"

"Back up all this shit."

"Please do that."

He scowled at the reality of how deep in a tight pit he is. What can he even do to get out of this?

"Look Ali, I hold the reins now. You can do nothing but comply, I won't make you miserable, I don't want that. Just be a good boy and don't try to irk me cos I'll make sure you live to regret it. And remember one thing right now, your father and grandmother are just a call away."

"What do you want Amira?"

"To keep a promise. That's the honest truth."

"What promise?" He sneered.

"I know, and you don't have to know."

"Amira,"

"I'm really exhausted Ali, I had a pretty long day and I'm not quite stable, don't make me talk too much. All I'm asking of you is eat, have a nice bath and go to sleep. I believe you have work tomorrow, just comply and let's call it a night." If there's anything like that.

He puffed and bypassed her to the dining table. She ran after him and held his hand as he made to serve himself.

"Let me."

He sat back and she served him a slice of the grilled fish and a cup of mango juice.

Don't mind her, that point and kill she didn't get to make was the first thing that arrived her mind when she came back to Zaria .

"I didn't prepare much so you won't let it waste, I heard you don't eat a lot."

He didn't reply her and digged into the fish with a fork, he stabbed it and turned it open then kept the fork aside and began eating with his hand.

She caught it before he put it in his mouth and he darted his eyes to her.

"You didn't wash your hand." She said with a small scowl.

He snatched back his hand and led the piece of meat to his mouth, he's too angry to even feel it's taste, whether it's tasty or not, spicy, he didn't care.

She couldn't take it as he took the second and caught his hand again as he made to take the third.

"Not even Islam agrees to this Ali. You can't exert your fury on the food, that's too much."

"Do you fucking want me to eat or not?"

"Forget it, I'll let it be for today so don't you be so angry next time, but even if you are, you will have to eat even if I have to force it down your throat." She stood up and packed away the plates to the kitchen. She got him a bowl of water but as she came out, she only heard his steps as he headed for his room.

Ya Allah, grant me the heart to bear with him and the ability to keep my promise.

* * *

I swear I'm losing my mind.

*****

Hey lovelies, I officially welcome y'all to BEING YOURS 😍🤝

I just couldn't hold it till Monday, the love you guys showered... 🥺❣

... it was everything 💗

So here's the first update, what do you guys think?

Who ever thought Fatima was a cousin to Asiyah? And do you think she'll heed to Amira's warning?🤔

Well, bossy much Amira isn't it? Ali sure is gonna have a rough time 😂

Rate the chapter please and shower your love as always 🥰🥰

Yours truly,
Sakina Muhammad ❣

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

198K 9.1K 61
How did one accidental mishap turn around the lives of two people? Created: January 01, 2020 Published: March 31, 2020 Completed: June 11, 2021
69.4K 4.8K 44
{Book Two: Abdallah series} Zara and Amir are cousins and have been best of friends since their childhood days. They're now grown up to adults. You...
18.7K 1.4K 60
Dior and Amir cross paths over and over again. Sometimes love seems inevitable, sometimes it seems meant to be, and sometimes things are just suppose...
554K 12.2K 90
"This what we have is something I would call the never ending storm,there are moments where you think just because the thunder stops that it's getti...