Let it Go for the Gift of a F...

By ShellMarie35

Would you let it go and get help if it meant your friend’s life? How much does friendship mean to you? Demi L... More

Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend - Demi Lovato - Book 5
Meaning of Each Book! :)
Longer Description for Book 5!
Prologue: Trainwreck
Chapter 1: Can't Back Down
Chapter 2: On the Line
Chapter 3: Never Been Hurt
Chapter 4: Get Back
Chapter 5: Really Don't Care
Chapter 6: Without The Love
Chapter 7: Falling Over Me
Chapter 8: Fire Starter
Chapter 9: Stop the World
Chapter 10: Together
Chapter 11: My Love is Like A Star
Chapter 12: Every Time You Lie
Chapter 13: So Far So Great
Chapter 14: Solo
Chapter 15: Unbroken
Chapter 16: Got Dynamite
Chapter 17: World of Chances
Chapter 18: Our Time is Here
Chapter 19: Neon Lights
Chapter 20: Made in the USA
Chapter 21: Two Worlds Collide
Chapter 22: This is Me
Chapter 23: Who Will I Be?
Chapter 24: Party
Chapter 25: What To Do
Chapter 26: Catch Me
Chapter 27: This Is Our Song
Chapter 28: U Got Nothin' On Me
Chapter 29: You're My Only Shorty
Chapter 30: Mistake
Chapter 31: Gift of a Friend
Chapter 32: Give Your Heart A Break
Chapter 33: Me, Myself, and Time
Chapter 34: You're My Favorite Song
Chapter 35: For The Love Of A Daughter
Chapter 36: Work of Art
Chapter 37: Don't Forget
Chapter 38: What We Came Here For
Chapter 39: Skyscraper
Chapter 40: Quiet
Chapter 41: The Middle
Chapter 42: Fix A Heart
Chapter 43: Lightweight
Chapter 44: Believe in Me
Chapter 45: Gonna Get Caught
Chapter 46: Here We Go Again
Chapter 47: All Night Long
Chapter 49: In Real Life
Chapter 50: Nightingale
Chapter 51: Shouldn't Come Back
Chapter 52: Heart Attack
Chapter 53: Something That We're Not
Chapter 54: Wouldn't Change A Thing
Chapter 55: Avalanche
Chapter 56: That's How You Know
Chapter 57: Warrior
Chapter 58: Bonus Chapter #1
Chapter 59: Kayla's Pregnancy

Chapter 48: Hold Up

132 11 2
By ShellMarie35

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Note: I meant to update sooner but the flu is going around and I think I am starting to catch it. 

Chapter 48: Hold Up

If the weapon is your love, I got my hands up
If you're gonna take me down, I surrender
I'll give you anything you want
Just don't leave me alone.

            I took the ring off the next morning and hid it in a few of my things. I need to wait until the right time to tell my family and Max agreed. I know they’ll understand but it’s always about the timing. We were still stuck on the bus the next day so we kept ourselves entertained with video games. We reached our destination half past noon and stopped to get fast food to quickly eat on the bus before some of them had to head into the venue to rehearse. An hour later Anna finished rehearsing so all three of us hung out on the couch. I need to start by telling Anna. She can give us good advice about this.

“Anna,” I said, “Max and I have to tell you something.”

“Yeah what’s up with you two today?” she asked.

“What do you mean?” Max replied.

“You two have been smiling way more than you usually do today. Something is clearly up so what is it?”

I smiled, “You can’t tell anybody.”

She rolled her eyes, “Say it.”

“I proposed,” Max finally said.

“What?!”

I nodded.

“You proposed?!”

Max nodded.

“Oh my God!” she screeched.

“Calm down!” I laughed, “You’re the first person I’ve told. We’re waiting until the right time to tell everybody.”

“This is so cool!”

“So you don’t think it’s too soon?”

“That is completely up to the both of you not me. I’m just excited. When’s the wedding? I’m the maid of honor right?”

I laughed and nodded, “Yes you’re the maid of honor but we haven’t chosen a date yet. We kind of want to tell everybody first.”

“Right,” she laughed, “This is so exciting!”

“Thanks.”

“How are you gonna tell your family?” she asked.

I shrugged, “I haven’t figured that out. Do you have any suggestions?”

She nodded, “Their rehearsal ends soon and we’ll all be back here with nothing to do for most of the night. Tell them you need to talk to everybody together. If you tell them sooner rather than later you won’t have time to worry about it. How are you going to tell your family Max?”

“I told them I was thinking about asking Demetria to marry me. They approved as soon as I told them. My mom even gave me the ring I gave her because it was my grandmother’s ring.”

“They’re coming in,” Anna said, “Tell them now.”

“Tell us what?” mom came up the steps to the bus.

“Uh, I have something to tell everybody,” I said. “Well… Max and I have something to tell everybody.”

“You officially have my attention,” Dad said as he came in.

Once everybody took a seat all the attention was on Max and I. I looked over at Max wondering how to start. He held my hand and nodded. Thank God he’s going to talk first because I can feel my hands starting to shake. My nerves are really getting the best of me right now.

“Before we tell you everything I want you to know that I understand Demetria and I are still young. I know this is not necessarily conventional but we truly believe it’s the right thing.”

“What is it?” mom asked.

I took a deep breath, “Max proposed.”

“What?” Dad replied.

“Proposed?!” Aunt Demi said in excitement. Thank God Aunt Demi sounds excited because I think both my parents are in shock.

“You proposed?” mom asked Max.

Max nodded, “I did because I love your daughter and I want to spend my life with her.”

“And it doesn’t bother you that you’re so young?” mom asked.

He shook his head, “I don’t think you can put an age on things like this.”

Mom finally smiled, “Then congratulations.”

“Really?!” I smiled.

She nodded.

“Thank you!” I hugged her. “Daddy?”

“Congratulations,” he smiled. “We give our blessing.”

“Thank you,” Max smiled.

“Let me see!” Aunt Demi said, “Let me see! I can help you plan right?”

I laughed, “Aunt Demi you are the best party planner ever. Why wouldn’t I ask for your help?”

“Good answer,” she hugged me, “Now let me see the ring.”

I laughed, “Okay I’ll go get it.”

            I got the ring where it was hidden in my things and put it back on before going back to show it off to the family. My family made it a point of course to talk to each of us separately after we gave them the news. I went with mom and Aunt Demi shopping into talk while the guys stayed back on the bus to talk.

“I’m not in trouble am I?” I asked mom.

She shook her head, “No I just want to hear what you think about it.”

“I was surprised,” I admitted. “I didn’t expect him to ask me anything like that anytime soon. Sure I’ve thought about it a couple times but never seriously.”

“Then why’d you answer him?”

“I thought about it right after he asked and I realized what he was saying was true. I am in love with him and I do want to spend my life him. Everybody has different stories right?”

Aunt Demi smiled, “You’re smart for your age. I agree with you though. Everybody has a different story and we can’t put an age limit on things like this. You’re legally an adult.”

“You are,” mom said, “Demi’s right. You’re an adult and I’ve seen you two together. You clearly love each other and you’re smart enough by now to have learned what’s right and what’s wrong. If you truly believe it’s the right path then go for it and don’t hold back.”

“Your mom and I both got married young,” Aunt Demi said, “So it’s not surprising that you are too. We were a little older yes but still young. Sometimes when you know you know. Not everybody wants to wait that long to get married.”

I shook my head, “I don’t think I want to wait but how are we supposed to pick a wedding date when he has college?”

“I guess you work around his college schedule,” Mom answered.

Demi added, “Or you could get married before he returns.”

“But we’re on tour,” I said.

“So we hire a planner,” Mom said, “Anything’s possible. We plan the wedding while on tour. You’ll have the time because you’re not performing. Plan the wedding while we travel and get married just before he goes back to school.”

I smiled, “Would it be too soon?”

“It’s up to you,” she said and put her arm around me.

“Can we finish up at this store and go back so I can talk to Max about this?”

“Sure.”

            We were only gone an hour before returning and mom let us take the back bedroom so we could talk in private while they went into the venue to get prepared for the show tonight. I sat with my feet crossed on the bed and Max sat the same way facing me.

“My family wasn’t too bad when they talked to you were they?” I asked him.

He shook his head, “They were cool. I’m surprised they were so cool about it.”

“I knew they would be,” I smiled. “Do you really want to get married soon?”

“Whatever you want is fine with me.”

“I don’t think I want to wait, but how are we supposed to get married soon? We’re traveling now and you go back to school in the fall.”

“If you don’t mind a small wedding we can probably handle it.”

“My mom and Aunt Demi told us we could hire a planner. She said that since we’re not actually performing we’re just traveling with them that we would have time to plan it and we could have the wedding before you go back to school.”

“Is that what you want?” he asked.

“Would you mind?”

He shook his head, “I would love to get married sooner. If you wanted to we could even get an apartment and move in together before I go back to school too.”

“We definitely need a planner for all this,” I smiled.

He smiled back, “We’ll figure it out.”

I leaned forward and kissed him, “I love you. I can’t wait to start planning this.”

“I love you too,” he laughed. “Should we pick a date? When is the tour over?”

“The last concert is August second so maybe we should have the wedding set for that weekend. It’ll give us a couple days rest before the wedding and then we’ll go on our honeymoon for a week or so and we’ll still have a couple weeks to get you ready for school and move into an apartment together. I might have thought of it when I was out with my mom and aunt.”

He chuckled, “I’m okay with that.”

“Good,” I smiled. “Is this how you planned on asking?”

He shook his head, “Not at all.”

I laughed, “Then why did you?”

“The moment was just there,” he shrugged, “I know I wanted to ask you. I could have done it in a more romantic setting but seeing how happy you are on this tour made me realize I needed to just ask. You’re so happy with your family and I know this tour is something you needed. Suddenly it seemed like the perfect time to ask.”

“It was definitely unique,” I said, “but I like that. Our relationship is different from most things I know but I like that you understand me so much. I think we’re making the right decision.”

“I know we are,” he smiled.

THE END CHAPTER 48!

Woke up to over 50 notifications this morning! Thank you so much! It made me smile especially because I've been laying down sick. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 5.4K 59
Demi Lovato Fanfiction Lia has been waiting her whole life for the chance to see Demi Lovato in concert as she has played such a huge part in her lif...
174K 4.4K 19
Demi's little sister, Sophie, thinks the world is against her. Can Demi help her to relieve her pain?
8.9K 137 34
Just a heads up this is my first story ever. I hope you like it. Ashley is an 18 year old who is best friends with none the less the Demi Lovato...
86.1K 2K 60
What happens when Demi accidentally hits runaway foster child delinquent Jordan?