The Definition Of A Princess(...

By mary4561

A Whattpad recommended book Debbie Morgan-Jensen is told she's a princess in an unideal setting. As well as d... More

Come Again
Why?
A New Way
Goodbye
Uncomfortable Truths
I Need To Be Able To Trust You
Knowing Your Place
Party
Reality
Hostile
The Interview
The Engagement
First State Visit
First Tour
Family
Changes
Caution
Antonio
Love And Hate
Love
Update
Importance
Loved
England
Mother
Married
Good News
Betrayal
The Apology
The Talk
Moving On
New Normal
Strength
Friends
New Beginings
New Chapter
Birthday Surprise
Victoria's Story
The Future
William's Story
Teaser
Prince Johan

The Summons

31 4 0
By mary4561

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are"
                         -EE Cummings

Several weeks later Anette was summoned in front of Debbie and her father. Debbie watches as she walks in the room head held high while fake smiling at her. Anette curtsies and wait till Alexsander tells her to sit. "What can I do for you both it's not often I'm summoned by the king and his heir."

"A matter has come to our attention that must be dwell with swiftly", as her father talks Debbie notices Anette's face starts twitching. She figured she must know she was caught about the recording.

"Basically we know it was you who gave the newspaper a recording of me and my mother talking", Anette looks at Debbie and her father in shock then surprisingly relief. It was not the face of someone caught doing wrong which made Debbie and her father take note. "I'm curious why did you leave the most unpleasant bits out like my mother being paid to keep me?"

Anette looks Debbie in the eye, "I'm a member of this family how would it look if scandal like that was attached to something I belong to".

"I'm confuse people know I wasn't wanted".

"Yes but not the extent of how bad it was for you".

"Where's the original tape now?" Ask Alexsander.

"In my room under lock and keys".

"I need every copy you have and the original recording on my desk in an hour!"

"Oh daddy don't forget the names of the journalist she gave the exclusive to and every other person involved in my attempted humiliation".

Anette look at Debbie as if truly seeing her for the first time she often thought of her as that brat who didn't deserve what she had. In front of her stood a would be queen dominating her who could shape the rest of her life and Anette feared her for the first time ever.

"I will get them and bring them to you both", she stands and wait for permission to leave.

"Malthe will go with you as you retrieve the recordings my brother was sent on a unexpected engagement today. So he will not be there to see my security men go over his apartment with a fine tooth comb".

Anette stares at the king in shock, "But the staff will talk this will get back to my husband.  How do I explain the searching to him".

Debbie walks and stands in front of Anette, "Did you see the pictures I posted of my mum and I to Instagram? It's already gotten over 2 million likes. You should have a look two black queens looking regal in a garden setting. You try to humiliate me and instead the people love me more. If it wouldn't cause a scandal for the family I would throw you to the wolves. Imagine how upset the people would be knowing you could of cost the deaths of their heirs".

Anette swallows nervously and looks at the king who smiles at Debbie, "She will be a fine queen don't you think. When the time comes she will have that firm hand to keep the family in line now leave us".

Anette leaves and his greeted by Malthe when the door closes Debbie turns to her father, "Is it me or did she expect us to be mad about something else?"

"It's not just you I noticed it too she was way too calm for someone getting a bollocking".

Alexsander knew what Anette thought they knew but Victoria ask him to not say anything to Debora about what he knew about her mother. He was fulfilling her request but he was going to do his best to persuade Victoria to tell his daughter the truth. So they could get rid of Anette once and for all.

Don't you have to see Victoria Daddy".

"Thank you for reminding me sweetie",.

Debbie leaves her father's study and go see the twins she and Antonio were still on parental leave. She greets Isabelle's nanny Sarah, "Hi how has she been?"

"Good as gold your Highness".

Debbie picks Isabelle up and starts to breastfeed her when Isabelle was full Debbie gives her to Sarah. Debbie decides to change her top as it became dirty when she burped Isabelle. She walks into her apartment and changes into a light blue dress instead. A footman informs her Victoria wishes to see her Debbie was surprised at that news.

"Tell her to come in please".

Victoria walks into the drawing room and Debbie saw the bags under her eyes and notices how nervous she seemed.

"Hi Vic what can I do for you?"

"Let's sit I need to tell you something and please just let me talk and don't ask any questions till after I finish
My story.  It's the only way I can get through this".

Debbie and Victoria sits and Debbie takes her cousin's hands in hers, "You're scaring me Vic what's going on?"

Victoria tells her about the drugs, her mother's behaviour towards her and the reason she took drugs at the wedding. She talked till everything was out in the open.

"The one good thing about your wedding day aside from me being genuinely happy for you was that bloke who asked me to dance. I still think about him you know".

Debbie hugs her and starts to cry, "I'm so sorry you had to endure that Vic make no mistake Anette will pay for what she did. Does dad and granddad know the truth about her yet?"

Victoria nods, "I told them when I came out of rehab your father insisted I tell you today".

"Oh Vic why didn't you say something, anything".

"I was scare, no petrified you've seen Anette in action hell you're going to be queen and look what she did to you. She hates you and your mother because you're both blacks. She's a racist but hides it well, I'm sorry".

Debbie wipes Victoria's tears away, "Don't ever apologised for someone else's mistake I owe you an apology.  I saw your face at my wedding when you touched it. I should've asked questions I treated you unfairly in the past as well.  I saw a uncaring women when in reality you were screaming in silent pain. I meant it before when I said I could see the changes in you and I'm proud of you for not letting that thing back into your life. In fact you can move into one of the apartments in this palace".

"Debbie I can't it's for the king and his heir what will your father say".

"Daddy will have no issues with it, what do you say?"

"I'm truly honoured I'll move in".

"I didn't know you needed protection when we met five years ago but I do now and your mother will not be able to set foot in this palace again after today. You'll always be safe here that's my solemn promise to you Victoria and I love you so much. The strength you've shown is remarkable don't let anyone tell you that you're not strong. I'm truly sorry you experienced all that you did".

They cousins hug and parted ways and Debbie returns to her father's study Anette was in there. Debbie was over forty-five minutes late to the meeting.

"Anette wait outside".

She look up at Debbie's tone of voice, anger was dripping with every word she spoke to her. She scuttle to the door and open it disappearing outside leaving the Jensen's to decide her fate. She wrongly thought on just the recording.

Debbie turns to her father, "I spoke to Victoria forget about taking the HRH from her. I don't even want her to still be a member of the Royal Family".

"You're right of course everything will be taken away from that women and Victoria as agreed to tell her father everything. As soon as she does Anette will be gone for good. I can't believe all that happened in our family and none of us suspected a thing".

"Sadly a lot of situations like that occur under the radar dad and Victoria used drugs wrongly as a coping mechanism. All we saw was a junkie when we looked at her. I'm going to do something positive for her but right now we have to deal with her mother".

"Anette's going to decide that royal life is too much for her and give it up and my brother will divorce her of course. She will get nothing from the Crown when she leaves not even a Euro".

They call Anette back into the study to tell her she lost her HRH status and from that minute would no longer be considered a royal. She was incensed with rage and tried to slap Debbie who took her hand and crushes it. Anette was escorted off palace grounds and driven to a hotel holding her broken hand.

Victoria story has 4 chapters posted go and have a butchers at it. It's called Beyond The Tiara. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I wonder what Debbie is going to do to make up for her behaviour to Victoria👀read Victoria's story and find out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Crownless By SAMA

Teen Fiction

4.8K 439 49
When the king and Queen are lost on who they should crown the new queen of Avelyn, they come up with a simple task. They send the three princesses to...
202K 9.2K 39
Recommended for readers 18+ DARK ROMANCE (BWWM) Book 1-Her Unknown Fate Book 1.5- Her Loyalty Book 2-Her Legacy Book 3-Their Empire ‼️MATURE CONTENT...
92K 3.9K 38
Change is an inescapable process, soon everything changes. This varies from weather patterns, people's thoughts and livelihoods. Precious moments th...
1.2K 42 51
Playboy Giovanni Costa meets Faith Thomas and is instantly smitten with her. Unfortunately just as he finds out who she is. He is summoned to Italy...