The Pharoah's Rise (Overlord...

Por TheBananiel

Prepare yourself for a journey through the world of Overlord! You take the spotlight as the character Aggamem... Más

Part 1: Bitter Ends and Sudden Beginnings
Part 2: Those Who Remain
Part 3: A Village Under Siege
Part 4: Royalties Finest
Part 5: The First Move
Part 6: Justice Favors the Weak
Part 7: New Beginnings
Part 8: Hostile Takeover
Part 9: A Rude Awakening
Part 10: A Dish Best Served Cold
Part 11: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Part 13: Rising Tensions and New Beginnings
Part 14: A New King Emerges
UPDATE! Thank you for your patience!
Part 15: Let the Games Begin
Part 16: The Coming Tides of War
Part 17: The Great Divide

Part 12: A Test of Will

3K 107 13
Por TheBananiel

You sat in an ornate chair, with the blond woman, Tuare, as you had come to know her, sitting in a seat beside you, completely still. Suddenly and violently, the doors burst open, revealing Sebas, holding up a wounded Malmvist. You had instructed the swordsman to fight Sebas, knowing full well he would lose. 

"Please...help...." He choked out, gasping for air. Sebas squeezed tightly, producing a loud snap from Malmvist's neck. He threw the now lifeless body in front of your feet with a thud.

 "There. I've taken out your trash. Now, I'll be taking her with me." He walked forward confidently until you released a loud bellowing laugh. 

"What's so funny?" Sebas asked with a slight twang of annoyance. You stood from your chair and cracked your neck. 

"I'm afraid she'll be going nowhere with you." You got into a basic fighting stance, legs spread shoulder length apart, arms and upper torso in an orthodox boxing stance, which caused Sebas to shake his head in disappointment. 

"I see. I'll make this quick then." Based on his response and pompous attitude, it seemed you had completely duped the butler into thinking you were just some man who ran Six Arms. Another weak human, standing between him and his love. Sebas disappeared for a moment before reappearing in front of you, a swift left jab aimed at your head. You smirked, catching Sebas off guard, as he now realized you had traced his movement entirely. You brought a hand up and caught the punch, muting its impact completely.

 "Odd. That was rather weak. Are you sure you're the one who attacked my Brothel?" Sebas took a step back, but maintained his cool. 

"Hm. It seems I may have underestimated you." Sebas reached up and rolled up his sleeves, obviously taking you seriously now. This time, he came at you with a vicious kick to your mid section. You sidestepped the kick and planted a firm punch directly in his stomach, sending him careening backwards. He landed some twenty feet away, stumbling a bit as he tried to regain his balance. The blow had literally knocked the wind out of him, and only his now somewhat labored breaths gave that away. 

"Come now, you had such bravado earlier. Surely that wasn't just an attempt to intimidate me?" You chided sarcastically. You could tell your words had begun digging into the distinguished butler as he huffed in displeasure. 

"I see." Sebas said, as he now removed his coat entirely. 

"There's no need to treat you like a human. Clearly you are quite monstrous yourself." Sebas let out a deep sigh. Slowly but surely his true draconic nature was revealed. His teeth became sharper, his pupils morphed into a lizard like eye, and his flesh gave way to tough shimmering scales. He breathed out deeply once more, only this time, flames sputtered from the now transformed Butler. He once again disappeared from view, and to your surprise, a fist landed squarely upon your temple. For the first time since you'd come to this world, you felt pain. A dull ache pulsed in your head for a moment before you simply willed life energy to heal the damage. You shook off the surprise and turned to where Sebas now stood. 

"You survived. Impressive." Sebas believed he had the upper hand now, which actually got your blood boiling. How dare he act so cocky to a supreme being. This would be a lesson he wouldn't soon forget. 

"It's time to dispense with pleasantries then." You said coldly as you began walking towards Sebas. The butler lunged forward with a traditional monk strike. 

"Adamantine Skin." You said as the punch collided with your chest. It impacted hard, but much to Sebas' chagrin, his fist began throbbing with pain. He reeled back and held his hand tenderly. It was clear the bones had broken. Sebas whirled around and attempted a roundhouse kick to your head. You slipped under it effortlessly and delivered another devastating blow to his already crippled hand. This time, Sebas shouted in agony as the pain became too much to simply grin and bare. 

"You..." Sebas was cut off before he could speak by a swift strike to the sternum. You didn't punch hard enough to go through Sebas, but based on the amount of cracks and give you felt, you had successfully shattered multiple ribs as well as the sternum itself. Despite the devastating blow, Sebas remained standing, clutching his shattered hand to his chest as he heaved precariously. Blood dribbled from his mouth as he still stepped forward, attempting to strike you. 

"Hm. It seems you are more tenacious than expected." You thought to yourself as you eyed Sebas's now battered form. You nodded in understanding as you sidestepped his next weak attempt at an attack, fully realizing the lengths he would go to. Yet you didn't quite feel like the butler had tasted despair in its entirety. You swept both his legs from under him making him land hard on the floor. You positioned yourself above him and pressed a knee into his back making him gasp in pain. You grabbed his hair and pulled his head up, aiming it at Tuare who looked on in horror. 

"Is this all you have? You understand what will happen to her if you fail, yes?" You asked in a sinister tone. Sebas could see the tears welling up in Tuare's eyes. For a brief moment, Sebas felt true despair. He feared death though he had never before. He hadn't felt this amount of pain, this amount of grief, and this amount of...regret. Was he truly content with failing Tuare like this? Didn't he say he loved her? Those words echoed in Sebas' mind as a great heat emanated from him. In a sudden burst of vicious fury, Sebas hurled you off of him and sent a blisteringly fast fist careening towards your head. For the first time this fight, you felt a genuine need to deal with this attack, head on. Though the butler only had one operational hand, he still attacked with a molten fury so intense that your warrior spirit simply had to respond. You met his fist in the middle with a crushing blow of your own, as the clash illuminated the room in a blinding flash. You both stood firmly, pressure against pressure until finally, Sebas gave way. He soared backwards and landed firmly in the wall, creating a butler sized crater. You could tell, based on his now meager life energy readings, that he was already at death's door. You walked up to him slowly and deliberately, but before you could speak, Sebas began in a raspy and saddened tone. 

"I'm sorry Tuare." He said, holding back tears of pain and anguish. It seemed he was trying to look strong for her in what he felt were his last moments. 

"I couldn't protect you...and that is my greatest regret....I love you." He finally choked out as you heard Tuare breakdown entirely behind you. She stood and attempted to run to him, but you simply held up a hand, halting her. 

"Sebas." The butler turned his attention to you as he was quite shocked you knew his name. You then proceeded to remove your mask, revealing yourself as Agamemnon, the supreme being.

 "L-lord..." You hushed him and placed a hand on his chest. 

"Well done Sebas." Life energy flooded his system and instantly began repairing his broken bones as well as any open wounds. They shifted back into place with sickening cracks and groans, but eventually, though his clothes were tattered and damaged, he looked good as new! 

"I'll admit, I wasn't happy you attacked that Brothel, but now I understand. You've proven your resolve and your willingness to die for it. I couldn't dream of punishing you further." Sebas removed himself from the wall and bowed to you immediately. 

"My lord...I was so arrogant...and I raised a hand to you..." You waved away his concerns and placed a hand on his shoulder raising his head. 

"You did, and I'm very proud of you. Had your previous actions simply been a betrayal, I would have killed you. But your motivations were far deeper and stronger than I believe even you realized." You gave him a reassuring squeeze and moved out of the way, only to have Tuare leap onto the butler and plant a well deserved kiss on his unprepared lips. 

"Oh ho? It seems the feelings are mutual." You turned from the couple and gave them both a gentle wave. 

"You may take her to Nazarick, and if anyone gives you problems, remind them who decreed it." Sebas bowed, once they broke their kiss despite the fact you couldn't see it. 

"Yes my lord. And....thank you." You turned and surprised not only Tuare, but Sebas as well. You had a genuinely jovial smile as you bowed to them both. 

"Consider this a favor for a dear friend." You said with a wink towards Sebas. He was more taken back by you calling him a friend more than anything else. Though you had been referring to Touch Me, it was rather fitting that Sebas believed you meant him. To a certain extent, Sebas really did remind you of your old Guild Leader. This realization brought along a wave of nostalgia as you recounted the many quests and adventures you had with Touch Me. You couldn't help but wonder where he was now... Your thoughts were abruptly interrupted as a new figure entered the room, passing by Sebas as he left, Tuare still in hand. 

"My lord. I've returned....thank you." You turned to the person speaking and gave a warm smile. 

"Ah. Imhotep. I was wondering when you would return." You took note of the young boy and woman accompanying him. 

"This must be the family you spoke of." You seemed to phase forward as you now stood directly in front of the woman. She was clearly shocked by your sudden movement, as she barely reacted when you gently grabbed her hand and placed a light kiss upon it. "He thinks quite highly of you. I'd be sure to hold onto him tightly." You released her hand and gave her a look that eased her previous apprehension. Though it was clear to her you were something powerful and dangerous, she also felt that you meant her nor her family any harm. 

"Lord Agamemnon, thank you for granting my husband the power to save us. We are forever in your debt." She bowed gracefully and made her son follow suit as she wrapped her hand around the nape of the boy's neck and pressed down gently, making him bow as well. 

"You are members of my court now. You need not bow to me." They both raised their heads and met your eyes. You held no malice, but instead gave off a nurturing energy. It seemed your scuffle with Sebas and the result left you in a rather good mood. 

"You may take the main suite. I am leaving you in charge of Six Arms Imhotep." The man nodded to you as he scooped up his five year old son in his arms. 

"I'll be visiting periodically, but feel free to contact me should you need my guidance." He lowered his head, as did his wife, prostrating in understanding. You quickly left the room afterwards, hoping to have a moment to yourself now. You made your way to an open courtyard, where various Six Arm Soldiers sparred and trained with various weaponry. You took note of Edstrom who furiously attacked a wooden dummy, reducing it to splinters. She panted heavily after her flurry of blows. You took note of the subtle beads of sweat that dotted her glistening and flawless chocolate skin. She turned to you, and immediately you noticed a change in demeanor. Where a confident warrior had once stood, a timid and submissive individual now was. She slowly made her way over to you, with all the confidence of a newborn deer. 

"L-lord Agamemnon...I wasn't expecting you." Though you had desired a moment alone, this suddenly seemed far more interesting.

 "Yes, I simply needed fresh air after my encounter." She nodded sheepishly and bit her thumb nervously. 

"I heard of Malmvist...he is truly gone now. Meaning only Zero and I remain." She trailed off a bit, which gave you all the information you needed to understand her apprehension in speaking with you. 

"You're wondering why I didn't have you fight and die alongside him? What made you special?" Your words startled her, as it seemed you had read her completely. 

"It is simple. I believe you're of far more use than Malmvist. He was a loose end....but you? You I saw as a potentially marvelous beginning." Her face went beet red as she fully processed your words. "I-I see." She barely managed to sputter back in response. 

"I'd like you to remain a member of Six Arms Edstrom. I trust you." You reached out and held her hand tenderly, gently stroking your thumb on the top of her hand. You felt her shudder at your initial touch, but eventually her hand relaxed completely into your's. Though it had been mere seconds, to Edstrom it felt like years before you released her hand. 

"I'll be taking my leave for now, but I will be returning. Imhotep is in charge, so I would introduce myself." You smiled graciously and stood up. Edstrom bowed as you left the area. You walked for only a short distance before a familiar voice spoke into your head. 

"Agamemnon. We must speak." It was Ainz, and though your last interaction may have been a bit hostile, you didn't feel he shouldn't be over it by now. Yet, the subtle twang of anger in his tone was evident. 

"Understood." You responded quickly before disappearing in a beam of light, transporting yourself back to Nazarick, unaware of the events that would soon unfold. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1M 45.7K 91
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
292K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
319K 14.2K 37
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
510K 31.6K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...