The Startling Seven

By Mystleic

Y/n is currently residing in the U.S. and decides to take a break from work and go on a vacation as keeps on... More

Ch 1 - Prologue
Ch 2 - Seoul
Ch 3 - Gambling Party
Ch 5 - Shocker
Ch 6 - No regrets
Ch 7 - Associate
Chapter 8 - Mission
Additional cast

Ch 4 - The Date

71 8 2
By Mystleic

Y/n pov

Nan dropped me at the restaurant where the date is supposed to go. I'm excited. I did not even see his photo but I have a feeling that this date will be up and coming. But I'm pretty sure that Nan threw me in the deep end. The fact of having a new relationship with someone is honestly out of my depth at this stage but I'm positive that this will be fail-safe. With the sweetest smile adorning my lips I look at the restaurant before I prepare myself to meet my blind date.

This is a very cozy restaurant in Seoul. I step inside and my eyes wander off to discern a guy possibly of my age.

The inside of the restaurant is very much shiny than the outside. I just enter the reserved area because Nan told me Taehyung made a special reservation for the date and that is just so sweet of him. The place is almost empty because it's just late evening and couples are just starting to come. I just travel a little inside.

This is the most ludicrous thing ever.Not having seen the photo of your blind date and having the audacity to approach some random guy? Why to get embarrassed?

"Y/n...?" A very deep raspy voice call my name. I halt taking in the voice and reckoning it in my head. Whom does this voice belong to. As I tilt my head...

Holy moly who is this young man. I must be dreaming right. Better not. He looks so fucking handsome. His smile is scintillating everywhere. Oh my god. How am I gonna survive this date

"Y/n....why did u freeze lol...come take a seat" he said with the same raspy voice which can even melt ice rocks. As I pull the chair and sit across him, we lock eyes. Those eyes god...so mesmerising that you can dive in that galaxy and live for eternity. He saw me staring at him as if he was some constellation and I was some 5 year old kid to whom parents show the stars if the kid is being adamant.

"Hey why are you staring at me like that...um by the way you are so beautiful"

My heart 💓 aaaahh, taehyung is complimenting me . "You are quite handsome yourself" I said and he looks down and blushes which makes me also blush.

"So what are you doing" he asks and I almost choke on the water I was drinking.

"Hey hey careful... What happened...did I ask something I shouldn't be asking?"

I use the cloth on the table and wipe my wet lips.

"Hey no no it's nothing....um why don't we talk about you first...your likes, your dislikes ....your love life" I say the last one with a wink. I am hoping for him to not dig into my weird change of behaviour. I'm not sure if he didn't notice. He must have but I just want him to let it slide. I don't know why but I can't bring myself to lie to him for some reason. I don't even know him that well, I mean I barely know him, but there's something that makes me wanna avoid even the slightest lies. He is thinking something now... what's he gonna do...call off the date... because I can't even answer his simple straightforward question. Aarghhh it is just a bit of a stretch but why does he not say something.

"Hey don't overthink y/n I understand it's just our first date. Not everyone will want to open up the very first time. I like how cautious you are when it comes to trusting strangers lol" he speaks as if he was taking his time to read my mind all this time.

I don't know what to say. Should I come up with something because I feel so immature to act this way. If I start thinking too much about these tiny little feelings... it's not something that's good for me. I push away all my thoughts and as I'm about to say something...

"So what do you wanna order I'm so hungry.... let's skip the dessert" he said. For some reason I feel relieved.

"Um yes sure..." I lift up the menu card.
I then decide not to act upon these miniscule feelings because the man before me is totally unbothered. He seems like he's just looking for a hookup well of course for the time being. I mean it's just my guess but I'm happy Nan chose the right person. But he's too handsome to just have him as a hookup. Once again mentally facepalming myself, I focus on the menu card before me because my stomach is literally growling.

"Decided?",he asks while looking at his own card.

"Um no.... it's been so many days since I came to a restaurant...so I just wanna eat something special"

"Lol is it? No problem take your time. But it's on me and I'm not taking no for an answer"

"Haha okay. You don't have to do this anyways. But thanks." I smiled making him.......blush?? Wow

"Japchae" I mumbled to myself rather than saying it loud. As I take one quick glance at him...I see him looking at the card as though he is skimming and I take this chance to fully examine his features.

Almond shaped eyes which twinkle brighter than the stars themselves and an extremely adorable box smile which could be the panacea for all ills. A small mole on the nose which is only subtly noticeable. A very manly neck and damn those collorbones....

"Tteok-bokki"

"Uh?"

"I am getting a tteok-bokki"

"Ohh okay, a japchae for me"

We order the dishes and wait for it to arrive. First there is this silence. I can't say it is awkward... but...

"You must hear this a lot, but you are so beautiful, I want to know about you more."

"I should definitely admit that your saying it is making me feel kinda special. Thanks Tae."

"Is it? Well then I guess I'm honoured"

"Hahahah so um what are you doing. We can start with you" I don't know why I ask this but I really want to know about him so badly. Since he seems like a gentleman he won't get back at me for evading the same question which he asked me right?

"I um...I am actually going to look after my father's business?"he scratches the back of this neck. What...wait why? People tend to do this when they are stressed or nervous about something or if they are insecure. But business, it's definitely a good thing.

"Wow that's great...so you did a major in business?" I don't know why but this question threw him off guard. He is intently looking into my eyes in an attempt of finding any falsity?like of my question is genuine or I'm trying to test him...again why?

"Well not really....I just kinda learnt it but there is a lot to explore."

"Well that's cool and you have any siblings?"

"Well...um yes Lisa my little sister"

Wait why does this name sound awfully familiar.

"She also has a boyfriend lol" he continued." And I don't really know much about his boyfriend. She doesn't hang out with him much often I guess. I just don't know. But I love my sister so much"

Of course who will not love their siblings.
I am mentally debating if I should ask him about his take on relationship but I just planned to save it for future.

"Ma'am, sir here's your food"the waiter interrupts my thoughts. Me thinking too much will only lead to pumping more blood and giving my brain more energy and make me all the more hungry.

"It looks delicious isn't it"he said as he took his spoon in his hands ready to dive in." So shall we?"

Ahhh what a gentleman. "Yes sure Tae and yes the food looks super delivery. Can't wait to get all this inside my stomach"

"Lol you are funny. By the way ...I really like it when you call me Tae it's cute"

"Awww someone is so cheesy....uwu"

Then we have some small talk as we both enjoy the food in front of us so much. Someone like me who eats with love lol.

"Do you want anything else.... please don't hesitate feel free to ask anything"

"No Tae I'm done."he looked at me with a smirk." Yaahh what's with the smirk uh?"

"Are you on a diet Y/n?"

"Seriously taehyung ...you really think so??? Then why are you not getting anything...are you on a diet gym boy?" Omg I don't know why I called him that. He doesn't even look like one. He is gonna laugh at me.

"What did you call me"

"I mean I didn't mean that. Of course you are not one. You don't even seem like you'd go to gym at all?"

" You are right. But I have started to work on my abs. "

"You have abs???? I bet there's only a nice cute tummy there"

"Why isn't that a whole meal uh?"he asked with a smirk. I playfully hit his shoulders. He doesn't seem like a serious guy but rather a funny and a weird one at that.

"Look I know girls generally are so conscious about their diet because they are way to concerned about their weight and not their health. Instead of eating heavily everytime.... gaining some weight and then worrying about reducing it...is just plain dumb. Beside being on a diet won't work. You need to workout to burn calories. Eat something not to your stomach full, just leave a little room there for comfort. So that you don't gain weight and you stay fit. Healthy lifestyle you know"

"Well that's a lot of information. I could use it , tell my sister about it. She is so stupid. I only realise that now."

"What ...why would you say that"

"She always eats like a maniac whenever she sees food....at home or when we come to a restaurant. Especially when I treat her ....she takes advantage of it and eats like she's never gonna see food again...like ordering and trying every single item possible...I mean that's a bit of a stretch...but yes she does that."

"What no way... it's over exaggeration."

" No you won't believe me...then she sulks that she gained wait...gets on diet...goes to gym for fucks sake....and after trying hard she reduces ONE kg and goes back to eating like a maniac again."

"You are so weird and funny" seriously though the way he was explaining it was so cute.

"You are funny too but not weird hahaha....so can we get going?...after we pay the bills...I mean after I pay the bill"

I just laugh.

-------------

We took off and I am actually thinking to call Nancy to pick me up. Because I'm too lazy to get a cab and get home.

"Hey let me drive you home" he offers me. I got too shocked.

"Hey no that's okay.. thanks...I don't wanna trouble you."

.
"No that's not a trouble. I'm willing to drive you home. I'm not taking no for an answer again."

"Alright then. Thanks."

"My pleasure"

We walk towards the parking lot. He stops before a very beautiful, luxurious car. It was so posh and flashy that's I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

"Is it yours???"

"I'm afraid it belongs to my clone."

"Hey...tell me " I pout.

"Alright it's of course mine. Why would I stand before someone else's car."he chuckled.

"Ew what kind of a logic is this."

"Yah whatever. So done checking my car out. Com'on you should be checking me out ,not the car."

"Yah. Shut up."

"Ok now hop in"

As he took out his keys, unlocked and opened the door for me which was the next to the driver's seat.... something caught our attention. I halt my steps and we turn our heads and we this..... clearly irate of the scene unfolding before us.

A/n:

Idk if it was boring...I just don't wanna reveal too much. After all it's the first date. But don't worry the date isn't even over yet. Things are just about to get interesting 😏. There will be more serious chaps in the future.

Please leave your thoughts in the comments.

Purple u all<33333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 1.1K 81
WARNING: 18+ ONLY ; MAFIA ENEMIES TO LOVERS Min Yoongi and Y/n L/n are rival mafia leaders fighting for territory at every turn. When their paths fin...
734K 41.9K 79
Story by cutegir2002 ** A story about The CEO of Jeon Passion ent. Jeon Jungkook and his secretary Kim Taehyung. Two exactly opposite people, with tw...
64.5K 2.8K 41
Yn is a hard working, dedicated assistant; and is completely in love with her boss, Kim Namjoon. She always considered him her best friend, until one...
5.4K 305 15
He was alone, but the other one was always there for him, He was scared, but the other one always say sweet words to calm him, when he needed someon...