TAINTED LOVE (Racer×CEO)

By Havanah_Reverie

Aurelia Hargrave - a, not-so-ordinary, twenty-four year old girl who thrives on illegal Street racing and has... More

Author's Note
Description
❄️ACHIEVEMENTS ❄️
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N [1]
T E N [2]
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N [1]
S I X T E E N [2]
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I NE T E E N
WEDDING AESTHETICS
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E [1]
T H I R T Y O N E [2]
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
T H I R T Y S E V E N
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O U R T Y
F O R T Y O N E
F O R T Y T W O
F O R T Y T H R E E
F O R T Y F O U R
F O R T Y F I V E
F O R T Y S I X
IMP. UPDATE
EPILOGUE
Book Sequel Alert!

T H I R T Y E I G H T

2.7K 119 121
By Havanah_Reverie

THIRTY EIGHT : FOOD FIGHT & COMPLICATIONS.

 His face began to lower and my eyes fluttered close like it had been doing this for decades. I strained myself up on my tiptoes and now our lips were just a hair's breadth away. My chest ached to close the distance and our lips brushed that moment. Millions of tingles and sparkles marched through my veins and exploded like fireworks in my gut making me clench my stomach. We were breathing the same air and for some reason, this made my stomach churn. It was exhilaratingly intimate and I craned my neck up. Theodore lifted up his eyes just to ensure when-

"We are back guys!" My eyes fluttered open wide and Theodore fisted the material of my silk dress. His knuckles forcing into my skin and rubbing against my spine. His body heat snaked up my spine and I felt something feminine in my lower belly region.

"You guys-" Christian's voice echoed.

Theodore pulled back, just little so our eyes were in level to each other. My cheeks flushed with the amount of disturbance and rawness in his stormy orbs and it was like I could look into my own soul through his eyes.

 Hunger. Thirst. Crudeness. And something more I couldn't place a finger on.

Suddenly taking me off-guard, he flexed his neck and brought his cheek to my cheek and slathered the cream all over. I shuddered, squaring my shoulders at his contact with my body.  I didn't realize what was happening for one moment before I pulled myself away from his grasp.

"You-"

"Mission accomplished." He winked with an all-knowing smirk. 

Anger boiled in my body as I snatched the cardboard from the kitchen island with more than half the cake still left and pulled it above my head to smash it with the maximum force against his ugly face and wipe away the stupid smirk. 

But, I guess I was so excited that my hold didn't seem to be proper enough.  It flew backward, right on Rohanna blow-dried beautifully styled hair. Woah! I'm so freaking good at targeting that I can do it with eyes closed. I'm a genius.

I could literally see two horns on her head and smoke billowing out of her ears. She ground her teeth, dramatically. "This calls for war!" She screeched out as Theodore gripped my waist and dragged me behind the fridge with my feet in the air.

 "Indeed a war. A food war!" I declared despite Theodore's repeatedly attempted to stop me. 

I wish I'd have listened to him once in my life because, in no time, all of us were covered in cake, eggs, sauces, flours, and whatnot. We were still throwing leftover food and plastic wrappers at each other as Christian kept squealing like a squirrel even if he didn't receive any goodies on his face. When asked he said it as — 'to increase the tempo of the situation and to frighten away the opponent.'

Very hilarious, I know.

"Let's do a group huggie," Christian suggested but he was advancing in our direction already. Specifically, in Rohanna's direction who happened to be in the middle of our devastated kitchen.

"Ew, no!" Rohanna scrunched up her nose which was covered in yellow cream. 

"Oh, yes baby," Christain took a threatening step towards her.  

Sucking in a breath and rubbing my palms together, I voiced out, "Oh, yes baby." I smiled cheekily while advancing in her direction. 

"Hell yes!" Theodore announced and we all wrapped Rohanna in our stinky bear hug. Our laughter was so loud when Roh kept protesting and wiggling in between us despite the closure.  I knew I was going to hear our laughter's echo it in my sleep as well. 

We began walking towards our rooms with a light-hearted mood, laughing occasionally. Out of no freaking where, Rohanna thrust her hip in my direction making me lose my balance, colliding with Theodore. He caught me just before I fell and helped me stand up straight.  Both those monkeys snickered. My eyes met his for a snap of a second before I looked away out of embarrassment. It was getting awkward.

"Go bath, stinky," I teased her with a smile, not able to suppress it. 

"As you say, Lia. I'll make sure I give her a bath with my own hands and under my own supervision." Christian winked at his girlfriend.

Rohanna pouted and dramatically blew her nails. "Scrub my back," she ordered.

"Yes, ma'am,"

"And my legs also peasant,"

"Sure," he voiced out attentively but I surely didn't miss that tease in it. I could practically see his eyes flashing all the inappropriate things he wanted to do to her, all night.

"And my butt cheek." Rohanna jutted out her chin and fanned her face with her hand. 

"Can I eat it too," 

"Ew. For god's sake, we are in public!" And there they go. They ended up tackling and tickling each other on the floor. Their giggles were hitting the walls and vibrating in the entire house.

Theodore chuckled throatily and I finally realized that he was still beside me. My cheeks turned pink without my permission at the thought of our almost kiss. He coughed, tease lacing his voice.

Sneaky little bastard.

I abruptly stopped and turned towards him. "Revenge time," smirking, I ran towards his room while shouting, "I'm going to bathe first. You can stink some more and enjoy it!"

I locked myself in the bathroom despite his threats.

I pressed my head on the door hearing him grunt on the other side. Smiling, I took a long shower and changed into my silk pajama shorts and top. I went back to the room and Theodore entered the bathroom with a scowl. A pretentious scowl.Our shoulders brushed lightly. A breezy laugh escaped my mouth at his grumpiness. 

I lied down on the bed and stretched. I was so exhausted that I can't even explain. Finally, I settled in a comfortable position and looked up at the ceiling with my hands resting on my stomach.

Would we have really kissed today if Christian hadn't interrupted us?

Was I ready to embrace this?

Can I forgive Theodore?

But the bigger question was can I trust him with my heart again?

I sighed at the last thought. I would have definitely not regretted kissing Theodore today. For all I know, he's behaving well with me and I have gotten used to it in no time. As if it was meant to happen, this disaster was written in our faiths. 

But one thing I was sure about was that I could never forgive him for his past actions. Not that easily. Or maybe never. 

'Anyways this contract will end in nine months.' My brain added.

This thought soured my mood, more it did when Theodore didn't have dinner with me. The thought was disturbing me because I definitely have him with all I had then why was my mood dropping. It was confusing, mixing my sane mind with … my desires.

The bathroom door opened and Theodore walked inside wearing a white shirt and grey shorts. I remained where I was lying, in the middle of the bed showing I was deep in my thoughts and didn't realize he came. Theodore, as if noticing me in the middle of the bed hesitated. Gulping, I shifted to my side adhering to my plan, mouthing a sorry. 

Theodore slipped under the blanket, dropping his head over his arms folded underneath it. He was staring at the ceiling too.

The dark night was spilling the secrets under our noses when we stole glances at each other. 

I could feel the warmth and comfort radiate from his body despite maintaining a good three inches distance. 

"I don't trust you," I blurted out. It was like a wave of relief washed over me before I was engulfed into a grave feeling which rested in the pits of my stomach.

It took us both a moment to decipher what I said. The aftermath was me begging mother earth to swallow me and Theodore turned his focus on me making me squirm uncomfortably.

God, just don't make him say any sort of snarky comment.

I tried to keep up with the eye contact he initiated to look into me, to unravel the cause behind my outburst. I chewed my lip out of embarrassment yet not wanting to look away like a submissive.

He nodded so meekly that if the night wouldn't have been ripe and I wouldn't have been this close to him, it might have gone unattended. 

"I know," He mumbled softly before retreating his face back to its normal position and dropping his eyelids.

What did the hell happen? I just hoped that that almost kiss didn't change our bond with was building. I couldn't have afforded that. And now, I made it even worse. The hell. 

 I turned and angled my body to look at him. His eyes were closed and I had this sudden urge to touch him. I mean just to check…

Biting my lower lip, I extended my arm slowly as my caged heart thumped itself to a random beat. This skin was warm against my palm and I rested my hand over his elbow gently but confidently. I breathed out in relief and shagged my tense shoulders when he didn't move.

So he was truly asleep...

A hitch escaped my lips when a pair of strong hands hauled me into the cave of warmth. 

His one hand was under me, curling up to hold my shoulder and another thrown over the curve of my waist. His hands vere like a muscular binder of nerves and flesh. My face was dipped into his muscled chest.

"If you want me close, you just have to say hon," He breathed out like he was still in his sleep. I remain stiff, as if on guard but it soon faded away as he began running his fingers in circular motions on my shoulder sending sparks all the way till my toes. 

I desired it deep within me to have his fingertips trace my skin and his beating heart be my lullaby.

"We're good right?" I voiced out lightly. It was important to ask this question else I wouldn't have been able to sleep properly.

He looked down at me with a confused face, turning me down on the bed with him hovering over me. But the questions soon wiped away when he read the secrets from my eyes and he nodded before breaking our eye contact and resetting our positions. 

Resting my head on his shoulder I let his musky sandalwood smell reign my personal bubble. It was oddly comforting.

"Never been better," he whispered as he found my hair to engage his hands. His palm easing out the roots of my scalp to ecstasy. 

It took me a moment to realize why he said that but when it did, a smile forced its way up to my lips and stretched till my eyes. Once I was sure he was asleep which wasn't even two minutes as he stopped working his fingers on my hair.

 I rolled over to my side and shouted into the pillow.

***

And yeah, she loved him.
But she kept pretending that she didn't .
Because she knew,
He wouldn't lover her the same.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...